• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

Vicecomes #1 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [GOT] GOT

Good evening tankers,

After not playing for a while I got back to the game. Today I played in my good old T92. While on Ensk a player in my team was insulting me and wishing cancer on me and my close ones for playing an SPG.

He said I lacked skill to play normal tanks and should die from cancer.

I see this kind of behavior more and more and I think its very bad. Calling SPG [edited]or clickcancer or wishing people cancer who play it, that's outrageous. Cancer is a terrible disease and should not be used to show your dislike for a certain tank class.

The report system fails badly in this matter in my opinion. There should be a no go area in what you can say in the chat and WG should ban people accordingly.

Edited by Vicecomes, 22 January 2019 - 12:17 AM.

PervyPastryPuffer #2 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:13 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32064 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Might wanna edit out the C word because the mods are hypersensitive to it.

Illustration:

They do hand out chatbans, just report the offenders and move on.

...I know it's hard to ignore it but their words are meaningless, you need to understand that. Just don't let it get to you, because when it does, they win.

DeadLecter #3 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26816 battles

Well I gotta mention a couple things.

First of it it's disease not decease.

Second, I don't recall seeing anyone wishing death or cancer for anyone else the past couple month.

Third, you can submit your proof (replay or screenshots) to WG's support team and maybe get him banned or maybe warned.

Fourth, DON'T PLAY ARTILLERY.

Edited by DeadLecter, 22 January 2019 - 12:16 AM.

Vicecomes #4 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [GOT] GOT

View PostDeadLecter, on 22 January 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

Well I gotta mention a couple things.

First of it it's disease not decease.

Second, I don't recall seeing anyone wishing death or cancer for anyone else the past couple month.

Third, you can submit your proof (replay or screenshots) to WG's support team and maybe get him banned or maybe warned.

Fourth, DON'T PLAY ARTILLERY.

First: I'm not a native speaker, but there you go.

Second: See attached replay

Third: I did already, but I'm feeling people like that get away with it or just get a chatban

Fourth: SPG are part of the game, deal with it.

HundeWurst #5 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 72661 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Well true but not entirely.....

Wishing someone cancer... yeah... grow up... That is something bad no doubt.

Calling arty "[edited]", clickercancer" - you name it... is not actually bad of an analogy.

Arty is like a good cell in an organism with a purpose (well granted it was never ever good and never worked how it was supposed to work in the first place) which went rogue and now is actually attacking the organism, crippling it, even killing it.

So yeah for a lot of player arty is indeed sucking out the life from WoT. Whether you like it or not, but cancer could be considered a decent analogy.

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

Third: I did already, but I'm feeling people like that get away with it or just get a chatban

WG would be stupid to ban paying customers for trashtalking people in chat. Hence for them its a logical move to chatban the person but nothing else.

Edited by HundeWurst, 22 January 2019 - 12:23 AM.

gpalsson #6 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:30 AM

General

• Player
  • 23647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Turn off chat. That way you can sit in base a wanking and clicking on people without anyone hurting your feelings.

Wintermute_1 #7 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46512 battles

Switch off chat or put up with it because it's no going away. In arty or playing any other tank you are always going to find players whose reactions are totally over the top. Personally the more ridiculous and melodramatic the language the easier I find it to dismiss.  

Vicecomes #8 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [GOT] GOT

View Postgpalsson, on 22 January 2019 - 12:30 AM, said:

Turn off chat. That way you can sit in base a wanking and clicking on people without anyone hurting your feelings.

View PostWintermute_1, on 22 January 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

Switch off chat or put up with it because it's no going away. In arty or playing any other tank you are always going to find players whose reactions are totally over the top. Personally the more ridiculous and melodramatic the language the easier I find it to dismiss.  

Why do I need to adapt and turn off my chat? These kind of people should get a lifetime ban in my opinion.

HassenderZerhacker #9 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29085 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

Why do I need to adapt and turn off my chat? These kind of people should get a lifetime ban in my opinion.

you have to adapt to your higher than normal sensitivity.

gpalsson #10 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:41 AM

General

• Player
  • 23647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVicecomes, on 21 January 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

Whatever you opinion may be, they won't get lifetime ban for it. You choose to sit in base and click, and if you stop that people will probably stop calling you cancer unless you start playing type 5 which is the other way you can piss off maximum amounts of people because of the brokenness.

HassenderZerhacker #11 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:43 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29085 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postgpalsson, on 22 January 2019 - 12:41 AM, said:

Whatever you opinion may be, they won't get lifetime ban for it. You choose to sit in base and click, and if you stop that people will probably stop calling you cancer unless you start playing type 5 which is the other way you can piss off maximum amounts of people because of the brokenness.

T92 is his most played tank

laulaur #12 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47279 battles
  • [FUS2D] FUS2D

View PostVicecomes, on 21 January 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Good evening tankers,

After not playing for a while I got back to the game. Today I played in my good old T92. While on Ensk a player in my team was insulting me and wishing cancer on me and my close ones for playing an SPG.

He said I lacked skill to play normal tanks and should die from cancer.

I see this kind of behavior more and more and I think its very bad. Calling SPG [edited]or clickcancer or wishing people cancer who play it, that's outrageous. Cancer is a terrible disease and should not be used to show your dislike for a certain tank class.

The report system fails badly in this matter in my opinion. There should be a no go area in what you can say in the chat and WG should ban people accordingly.

I agree that only a retard could wish to someone to get sick, but:

1. It is first time when you have been insulted like that? I have been insulted like that regardless of the tank played, and we all know how much arty is loved by everyone...

2. How much did you paid for this account?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:49 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

Same people, a couple of minutes later or earlier, will be begging you to shoot their targets, help them with a hull down tank or a heavily armored tank that they can't pen. Does that make sense? These insults actually means very little so ignore it and move on.

Discontinued #14 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles
Or you could use humour to defeat them.say well I hope you get acne.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View Postlaulaur, on 22 January 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

I think he was taking a long break. Don't be paranoid man! :)

gpalsson #16 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:54 AM

General

• Player
  • 23647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 21 January 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

Same people, a couple of minutes later or earlier, will be begging you to shoot their targets, help them with a hull down tank or a heavily armored tank that they can't pen. Does that make sense? These insults actually means very little so ignore it and move on.

not really. artillery is usually very useless in any situation you need them in. The only thing you can count on is that friendly artillery will "help" you by stunning you if you facehug something and is just about to kill it, because arty just needed that kill. They are unreliable as teammates (even more so than other teammates) and for digging out hull down HTs they more often than not will ignore it and shoot at the LT or paper MT because they have a higher chance of more damage which result on better personmal score for them. It is often much more reliable to get a few other tanks to rush the hull down tank and kill it fast.

Vicecomes #17 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [GOT] GOT

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 22 January 2019 - 12:40 AM, said:

you have to adapt to your higher than normal sensitivity.

If someone wishes me cancer, I don't think I'm over sensitive...

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 22 January 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

T92 is his most played tank

Closely followed by my Type-59 and M46 Patton...what's your point?

View Postlaulaur, on 22 January 2019 - 12:48 AM, said:

I agree that only a retard could wish to someone to get sick, but:

1. It is first time when you have been insulted like that? I have been insulted like that regardless of the tank played, and we all know how much arty is loved by everyone...

1. It's not the first time. There are friendlies who team kill you on the spot at the start of the game. From deathwishes to diseases I've seen it all. But this time the guy was very personal and not reasonable at all.

2. All the premium tanks I bought cost me some cash, but I didn't have to buy all of them. But I don't think that's what you mean....

Wintermute_1 #18 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46512 battles

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

Because they are never going to get a lifetime ban. In fact they probably have to wish cancer on several hundred or possibly thousand players before they'll even get a chat ban for a few days. You can have fantasies about how you want things to be or you can do things that have practical results, namely; switch off chat or learn to ignore them.  

Vicecomes #19 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29957 battles
  • [GOT] GOT

View Postgpalsson, on 22 January 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

not really. artillery is usually very useless in any situation you need them in. The only thing you can count on is that friendly artillery will "help" you by stunning you if you facehug something and is just about to kill it, because arty just needed that kill. They are unreliable as teammates (even more so than other teammates) and for digging out hull down HTs they more often than not will ignore it and shoot at the LT or paper MT because they have a higher chance of more damage which result on better personmal score for them. It is often much more reliable to get a few other tanks to rush the hull down tank and kill it fast.

I see you have some bad experience with SPGs. But in my opinion there is a good use for SPGs, to soften up some targets or hit that TD you know is in a certain bush. Of course if a LT is camping in a bush I would hit that too. But shooting LTs or MTs on the move or just for damage farming isn't my playstyle. I like to contribute to the win.

laulaur #20 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47279 battles
  • [FUS2D] FUS2D

View PostVicecomes, on 21 January 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

2. All the premium tanks I bought cost me some cash, but I didn't have to buy all of them. But I don't think that's what you mean....

Nope, that is not what i meant.

I find curious that after 7 years of playing this game you come and complain on forum because some idiot insulted you. I mean, come on you should have seen it all in 7 years and 30k battles...

Also your recents are sensibly under your general stats.

So it is a possibility that you are in fact a newer player that just bought this account from someone.

Also tagged with spg, cancer, hate, insult

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users