116 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #101 Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16116 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

Good evening tankers,

After not playing for a while I got back to the game. Today I played in my good old T92. While on Ensk a player in my team was insulting me and wishing cancer on me and my close ones for playing an SPG.

He said I lacked skill to play normal tanks and should die from cancer.

I see this kind of behavior more and more and I think its very bad. Calling SPG [edited]or clickcancer or wishing people cancer who play it, that's outrageous. Cancer is a terrible disease and should not be used to show your dislike for a certain tank class.

The report system fails badly in this matter in my opinion. There should be a no go area in what you can say in the chat and WG should ban people accordingly.

Next time he does that, just light him up with the T key, any further crap from him do him some damage or track him, soon shut the little fecker up, get fed up of how teams do not help their arty, the whole point of team play is to be a team, if people can't deal with that, then give them lots of salt, and rub it in harshly in their wounds.

They then go on to point out an are where they expect you to blind shoot thus giving yourself away to the teams arty, laughable if nothing else.

01:49 Added after 2 minutes

View PostLordMuffin, on 23 January 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

Snowflakes are the ones playing arty with the main target to get other players angry...

Not toxic at all.

I just play it because I am tired, when i am awake I just giggle evil like, lol

DorsVenabiIi #102 Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26364 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE
Another arty warrior lol

tufty_neptune #103 Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9757 battles
  • [TFUK3] TFUK3
I don't get why people hate SPGs. Seriously, why can't people hide behind buildings.

gpalsson #104 Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:46 AM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttufty_neptune, on 24 January 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

I don't get why people hate SPGs. Seriously, why can't people hide behind buildings.

because some people want to play a game with tanks shooting each other. Very few want to play "camp behind building simulator".

Baldrickk #105 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31993 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttufty_neptune, on 24 January 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

Last two times I hid from arty like that,  the first, a T92 kept splashing me through the wall, and the second, another T92 shot the roof above me and splashed me from there.

Edited by Baldrickk, 24 January 2019 - 09:45 AM.

arthurwellsley #106 Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53389 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Postjabster, on 22 January 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Well I'm looking forward to you evidence for 2 and 4.

WG employees have mentioned it numerous times that WG are well aware of a widespread distaste for the spg class. This is one of the stated reasons by WG for not creating any tier VIII premium SPGs. So my evidence is not based on all those forum threads decrepiating SPGs, nor the forum polls seeking SPG free servers, but merely the utterances of WG staff. WoT console even has an FV305 tier VIII premium (which is like an FV304 on steroids - that never came to World of Tanks PC).

example;

https://thearmoredpa...rtillery-class/

@the OP

while searching this I came to an old post that cannot be linked on this forums, in a blog post on something called for the record dated 3rd September 2014. On that post the owner of the blog copied and pasted some internal emails that he had been sent from inside WG between WG employers. One email said;

"Developer 5 (RU): Its the same with some Europeans against Poland, its disgusting to hear immature playerbase, and will be ignored rightly so, PR already received complains and have handed permanent bans to vocal players in battle chats — most offenders are from UK/Germany/Czech based on report counts, least comes from Italy and Poland — 2 death treats handed to authorities, both from Czech Republic. And please refrain from talking related to cancer, *redacted* wife was recently diagnosed with cancer and is undertaking medical care, some players dont even know what they want and talk out of their… butt, and toss tantrums because you know.. “internet”"

Which tends to suggest (a) WG hands out bans, and (b) members of the WG staff find the word you found offensive just as difficult because like many members of the population they to have family members touched by it.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 24 January 2019 - 04:57 PM.

jabster #107 Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postarthurwellsley, on 24 January 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

WG employees have mentioned it numerous times that WG are well aware of a widespread distaste for the spg class. This is one of the stated reasons by WG for not creating any tier VIII premium SPGs. So my evidence is not based on all those forum threads decrepiating SPGs, nor the forum polls seeking SPG free servers, but merely the utterances of WG staff. WoT console even has an FV305 tier VIII premium (which is like an FV304 on steroids - that never came to World of Tanks PC).

example;

https://thearmoredpa...rtillery-class/

@the OP

while searching this I came to an old post that cannot be linked on this forums, in a blog post on something called for the record dated 3rd September 2014. On that post the owner of the blog copied and pasted some internal emails that he had been sent from inside WG between WG employers. One email said;

"Developer 5 (RU): Its the same with some Europeans against Poland, its disgusting to hear immature playerbase, and will be ignored rightly so, PR already received complains and have handed permanent bans to vocal players in battle chats — most offenders are from UK/Germany/Czech based on report counts, least comes from Italy and Poland — 2 death treats handed to authorities, both from Czech Republic. And please refrain from talking related to cancer, *redacted* wife was recently diagnosed with cancer and is undertaking medical care, some players dont even know what they want and talk out of their… butt, and toss tantrums because you know.. “internet”"

Which tends to suggest (a) WG hands out bans, and (b) members of the WG staff find the word you found offensive just as difficult because like many members of the population they to have family members touched by it.

I’m sorry but how on earth does that support the claims you made in points 2 and 4?

Pansenmann #108 Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35553 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I gave up making a fuss on the forums when someone tries to insult me,

be it either cancer for playing arty or other nazi things or other stuff when for example I go afk for 30 seconds to answer the door or whatever. :)

-

people don't need reasons to insult someone.

If they do:

1. screenshots with timestamps

2. sometimes answer in a polite but jokingly manner

3. if they continue, more screenshots

4. blacklist and

5. ticket created with said screenshots attached.

as for the anti-arty hate, I just ignore those people.

I do not even feel sorry for them anymore.

PS: is it shaming to call out an idiot or a racist?

Edited by Pansenmann, 24 January 2019 - 08:12 PM.

Vicecomes #109 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31262 battles
  • [GOT] GOT

View Postarthurwellsley, on 24 January 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

@the OP

I really loved that site. I know it has been banned from the forums because WG didn't like it that internal affairs where leaked. Too bad the owner/writer of the blog eventually stopped with it. Whole site seems to be down now?

Objec7 #110 Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14738 battles

View PostWintermute_1, on 23 January 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

Thats like saying arty in WoT is comparable to having your mother die, which it isn't.

Who are you to determine what is comparable to what? :trollface:
09:16 Added after 3 minutes

View PostBaldrickk, on 23 January 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

Can't agree.  How many times do you see arty top of the team when at least one person on the team was half decent?

UP means that it is generally weaker, or can't carry as well. 

And arty can't. 

Seeing as you brought up the comparison, the V4 when released was just rushing up to people, smacking them in the face for 5-600 dmg or however much it is, every 10s or so, and moving to the next.

It was broken and OP

Arty has a reload about 2-3 times as long, fails to penetrate most of the time, and deals ~200 damage.

It's most definitely broken,  but I can't call it OP

17:50 Added after 0 minutes
We can of course agree to disagree on this point, neither of us like the class.

With some arties you can do with less effort more damage than with same tier mediums or heavies. Sure, carrying might be hard but I've won 1 vs. 4 battle in a arty as a bottom tier, enemy had 2 tanks and 2 arty left... And I have played only like 100-200 battles in total with arty for missions.
09:19 Added after 5 minutes

View Posttufty_neptune, on 24 January 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

After playing this game for long enough, you don't want to camp doing nothing for 15 minutes. I remember as a bot I loved to camp on base behind rocks waiting for enemy to come, even draw was a win at that time.

Baldrickk #111 Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31993 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostObjec7, on 25 January 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

With some arties you can do with less effort more damage than with same tier mediums or heavies. Sure, carrying might be hard but I've won 1 vs. 4 battle in a arty as a bottom tier, enemy had 2 tanks and 2 arty left... And I have played only like 100-200 battles in total with arty for missions.

Congrats,  that sounds like a good game. 

But are you talking about beating them on that damage in a single game, or in general?

spamhamstar #112 Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View Postjabster, on 24 January 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

I’m sorry but how on earth does that support the claims you made in points 2 and 4?

I note that you've not had to ask the OP for evidence for his claims for hatred towards spg players, but now you're asking for evidence that players hate spg players from someone else.  :facepalm:

It's nice of them to put a smiley in just for you.

Wintermute_1 #113 Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47880 battles

View PostObjec7, on 25 January 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Who are you to determine what is comparable to what? :trollface:

By knowing the definition of the word 'relevance'.

You are more than welcome to present a player who genuinely thinks his mother's death was like playing against arty in WoT. 

tajj7 #114 Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27253 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostWintermute_1, on 25 January 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

By knowing the definition of the word 'relevance'.

You are more than welcome to present a player who genuinely thinks his mother's death was like playing against arty in WoT. 

Sigh.

Block Quote

cancer

Dictionary result for cancer

/ˈkansə/
noun

1. a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body.
    "he's got cancer"
    • a malignant growth or tumour resulting from an uncontrolled division of cells.
      plural noun: cancers
      "most skin cancers are curable"
      synonyms: malignant growth, cancerous growth, malignant tumour, tumourmalignancyMore

• an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate.
      "gambling is a cancer sweeping across the nation"

Hardraw_Force #115 Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12594 battles

View PostVicecomes, on 21 January 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

Why do I need to adapt and turn off my chat? These kind of people should get a lifetime ban in my opinion.

dont be such a snowflake dude

Wintermute_1 #116 Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47880 battles

View Posttajj7, on 25 January 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

Sigh.

Not entirely sure why you just posted a defn for cancer given the comparison was between arty and someone's mothers death.

Unless you're suggesting having arty in WoT is somehow like having a mother who dies of cancer. 

No still nothing alike.

Edited by Wintermute_1, 25 January 2019 - 06:27 PM.

eekeeboo #117 Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:28 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46437 battles

Boop of Noping the thread. 

I'm sorry I didn't find this sooner. There's an arty discussion thread there already. For insults and offensive behaviour, please ensure you use the report function and for extreme cases, support will be your friend. 

There's no excuse to insult a person or the language used with insensitivity, internet or not and reasonings provided in the thread are flawed who argue it's acceptable. Just be a decent human being and accept it's a game. Problem solved. 

(Not against you OP, but please be aware of your message and the language used, I don't see this thread being constructive or on-topic for the game, it's devolving into a personal back and forth between players and the discussion on rules etc. 

Have a nice weekend, 

eek. 

Also tagged with spg, cancer, hate, insult

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users