spg cancer hate insult

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

SABAOTH #21 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:08 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Wishing cancer to someone is stupid, however if wot would have cancer, that would be artillery.

But not your fault, just ignore the morons and move on.

Vicecomes #22 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31272 battles
  • [GOT] GOT

View Postlaulaur, on 22 January 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

Nope, that is not what i meant.

I find curious that after 7 years of playing this game you come and complain on forum because some idiot insulted you. I mean, come on you should have seen it all in 7 years and 30k battles...

Also your recents are sensibly under your general stats.

So it is a possibility that you are in fact a newer player that just bought this account from someone.

I have seen a lot in the past 7 years, but today it seems like it really stepped up a level. And since I'm feeling that WG doesn't do anything with the reports, I wanted to create a post about it and share with the forum.

I'm just fooling around a bit more these days, trying out the new maps and finding some good spots. Which results in more deaths and less damage. Sometimes I have a bright idea and that results in a good game. But I'm not going to defend myself on that point any further, you either believe me or not.

McLovers #23 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15155 battles

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

I have seen a lot in the past 7 years, but today it seems like it really stepped up a level. And since I'm feeling that WG doesn't do anything with the reports, I wanted to create a post about it and share with the forum.

I'm just fooling around a bit more these days, trying out the new maps and finding some good spots. Which results in more deaths and less damage. Sometimes I have a bright idea and that results in a good game. But I'm not going to defend myself on that point any further, you either believe me or not.

I gotta be honest nothing you have said comes across as a player who owns the account you have,  You really do sound like a new player to me. After 7 years I have heard everything and I don't have particularly thick skin but I just goes right over my head and it should do yours as well,  "I wanted to create a post about it and share with the forum.", this is a special snowflake line if I ever read one and could be turned into a meme by the end of today if today didn't just end already :)  Nope you don't have to defend yourself to anyone but you came here whining and crying and put yourself in the limelight, you cannot dictate what comes your way when you do that.

m1x_angelico #24 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24038 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Well, as long as WG does not punish it enough, you will see a) such people venting on others who dont know how to respond to them (or dont want to) and b) those who do know how to respond, but dont understand the severity of the issue, telling you not to be so sensitive.

If you cant handle it, unfortunately you must disable the global chat. If you still get PMs after the match, send each and everyone of them to WG as a ticket. In fact, if we all did, maybe they would goddamn do something about it.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #25 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:53 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Postgpalsson, on 22 January 2019 - 01:54 AM, said:

not really. artillery is usually very useless in any situation you need them in. The only thing you can count on is that friendly artillery will "help" you by stunning you if you facehug something and is just about to kill it, because arty just needed that kill. They are unreliable as teammates (even more so than other teammates) and for digging out hull down HTs they more often than not will ignore it and shoot at the LT or paper MT because they have a higher chance of more damage which result on better personmal score for them. It is often much more reliable to get a few other tanks to rush the hull down tank and kill it fast.

No other class in WOT ruined my games as much as arty but i don't have such a strong feelings about them and i also don't play that class. All other things being equal i think this is about your personal convictions and style of game play.

Robbie_T #26 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19132 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postgpalsson, on 22 January 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

not really. artillery is usually very useless in any situation you need them in. The only thing you can count on is that friendly artillery will "help" you by stunning you if you facehug something and is just about to kill it, because arty just needed that kill. They are unreliable as teammates (even more so than other teammates) and for digging out hull down HTs they more often than not will ignore it and shoot at the LT or paper MT because they have a higher chance of more damage which result on better personmal score for them. It is often much more reliable to get a few other tanks to rush the hull down tank and kill it fast.

Say that to my team last week where my m53 arty took out 5 HT's even killed 2 morrons with 1 shot.

And  yes i say morrons becuase there where 3 artys bombarding 6 HT's that where all at 1 little spot bunched together..

Luckely my HT team was spread and better posistions (think my HT's play artys so know where to be).

But you know whats my problem is with players that dont play arty.

- you give them reload timers but they always have to spot when you have a 25sec reload.

-being on the wrong side of the corridor enemy artys can hit my team and if my team moved 2 meters backwards they would have the 3 arty support and not enemy team.

-people that think a tier 9 arty has a 4 sec reload time.

-camping everywhere on the map getting no targets and than the 9 and 0 line move and than the same second 1 and 2 line thinks hey let me move also and than you get 10 targets in 1 time .

-people thinking that you can hit everything everywhere.

I would advice everyone to play arty it gives you a totally different view of the map...you can even watch and learn seeing people on good spots and playing.

Or learn that on some maps letting the enemy come around the corner you will have 3 arty support .instead of you going around the corner and they do the same too you.

And about the team killing i do it sometimes if my Lt with 1% health is face hugging a HT that gonna kill him in the next 10 sec you bet ya [edited]i try to get that 400+dmg and take you with him.

but for overall im a pretty accurate arty .

As for arty players lock your gun (X) fir more accurate firing(not hitting teammates)

And give those reload timers!!!!!!! (Z)wheel pops up and choose reload....really helps so you team mates know when you reloading and dont spot for nothing!

JocMeister #27 Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 26244 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Solution: Don´t be a clickerbot.

You´re welcome. 

SABAOTH #28 Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostMcLovers, on 22 January 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

I gotta be honest nothing you have said comes across as a player who owns the account you have,  You really do sound like a new player to me. After 7 years I have heard everything and I don't have particularly thick skin but I just goes right over my head and it should do yours as well,  "I wanted to create a post about it and share with the forum.", this is a special snowflake line if I ever read one and could be turned into a meme by the end of today if today didn't just end already :)  Nope you don't have to defend yourself to anyone but you came here whining and crying and put yourself in the limelight, you cannot dictate what comes your way when you do that.

There is a better place for special snowflakes and sjw, it's called tumblr :girl:

Edited by SABAOTH, 22 January 2019 - 07:59 AM.

TankkiPoju #29 Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22210 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

Good evening tankers,

After not playing for a while I got back to the game. Today I played in my good old T92. While on Ensk a player in my team was insulting me and wishing cancer on me and my close ones for playing an SPG.

He said I lacked skill to play normal tanks and should die from cancer.

You can solve this problem by not playing arty.

If you play arty, don't expect to be treated like a normal person. Everyone hates arty.

Newbee_one_kenobi #30 Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7376 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 January 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

You can solve this problem by not playing arty.

If you play arty, don't expect to be treated like a normal person. Everyone hates arty.

And how do you suggest we do our SPG missions ?  and what kinda BS argument is that, that everyone hates arty´s. If they was taken out of the game, the game would be spoiled.

I also hate when i get hit by arty´s and i almost never play them, But i do play them for missions, you serious don´t think that´s okay ?

Bennyboymothman #31 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20459 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Usual people crying about being hit by artillery I see.
Agreed.. how long has it been in the game? Probably many patches before all of you whiners even started playing the game.

Come on.. cut the op some slack, he's free to play whatever class he feels like.

Suck it up and learn to play arty safe, it isn't hard.

Simeon85 #32 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:05 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1101 battles

Did they wish cancer upon you or did they basically compare arty to cancer? Because there is a difference, the first one is not nice, the latter is a rather apt analogy and perfectly fine. 

You have all the tools for this anyway, no idea why you need to come to the forum about it, you have the report system, you can block and blacklist people and you can turn chat off. 

You could also not be sensitive about it, they are just words, typed words at that, throwaway words from an toxic stranger you'll likely never meet again. 

Plus blame WG, artillery is hated by the masses, it causes frustration and annoys the playerbase through its bad design and bad balance, WG know this, they know it causes this toxicity, they have admitted it themselves and have said that they won't bring in new content because of the hate it generates from the playerbase, but they haven't done enough to attempt to solve the problem. 

View PostBennyboymothman, on 22 January 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Usual people crying about being hit by artillery I see.
Agreed.. how long has it been in the game? Probably many patches before all of you whiners even started playing the game.

Come on.. cut the op some slack, he's free to play whatever class he feels like.

And the usual people defending it, with the same debunked rubbish used all the time.  You can't play arty safe and actively, pretty much any good player will tell you that, hence why the class causes camping, in fact since the changes to arty its become near impossible to play arty safe on many maps because of the absurd splash radius, even behind hard cover you can get splashed for 200 plus damage by high tier arties. 

So please take your ignorance somewhere else.

Yes the OP is free to play what he wants, but he's also free to not play arty, free to use the chat functions like blocking people or turning chat off as well if he doesn't like it. If you are going to play an unbalanced, broken class that is hated by the playerbase, you have to expect people are going to be annoyed and frustrated at you for using it. 

No different really to the people that abuse tanks like the bobject, they know it is going to annoy people and should expect that frustration directed at them. 

Edited by Simeon85, 22 January 2019 - 09:12 AM.

Newbee_one_kenobi #33 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7376 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 22 January 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

Did they wish cancer upon you or did they basically compare arty to cancer? Because there is a difference, the first one is not nice, the latter is a rather apt analogy and perfectly fine. 

Is it because you cant read ? or you CBA to read, now you are in this bla bla bla mode ?

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

While on Ensk a player in my team was insulting me and wishing cancer on me and my close ones for playing an SPG.

SABAOTH #34 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Indeed isn't hard to find the red line. :girl::coin:

Bennyboymothman #35 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20459 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
What in an fv304? wub wub

TankkiPoju #36 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22210 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostNewbee_one_kenobi, on 22 January 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

But i do play them for missions, you serious don´t think that´s okay ?

No I don't, and that's my opinion on it.

If you complain about arty and still play arty for missions, you are a hypocrite.

And why can I say that with a straight face? Because I have never played arty and never will.

CmdPrompt #37 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36077 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O
Go away op, nobody cares that your feelings got hurt (you deserve way worse)

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 01:01 AM, said:

He said I lacked skill to play normal tanks and should die from cancer.

He was not wrong.

Edited by CmdPrompt, 22 January 2019 - 09:48 AM.

TankkiPoju #38 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22210 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Indeed! If you get insulted while playing arty, you can always use the ingame report system.

I mean that's why the reporting system is there, right? Just like drowning arties are punished from unsporstmanship conduct reports :)

laulaur #39 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47485 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 January 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

Indeed! If you get insulted while playing arty, you can always use the ingame report system.

I mean that's why the reporting system is there, right? Just like drowning arties are punished from unsporstmanship conduct reports :)

Too bad that those unsportsmanlike conduct reports do nothing at all. I never heard someone being punished based on those reports.

The only kind that maybe do something are those for chat, but even so i suspect only tickets are considered and those reports are also just a placebo.

xtrem3x #40 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34212 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

I feel good about myself when I play arty and someone wishes I was dead.

I get a nice feeling of satisfaction that I've done my job and got the reaction I wanted. It helps me sleep at night :)

I was annoyed yesterday but doing over 2000 damage in my LeFH made me happy & relaxed :trollface:

Edited by xtrem3x, 22 January 2019 - 10:02 AM.

Also tagged with spg, cancer, hate, insult

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users