• 23871 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Signal11th #42 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41694 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

Wishing cancer on someone, yeah not cool

Describing arty as a cancer.. don't have a problem with it.

CmdPrompt #43 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36077 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O

View Postxtrem3x, on 22 January 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

I feel good about myself when I play arty and someone wishes I was dead.

I get a nice feeling of satisfaction that I've done my job and got the reaction I wanted. It helps me sleep at night :)

I was annoyed yesterday but doing over 2000 damage in my LeFH made happy & relaxed :trollface:

It's all fun and games until someone gets stabbed (wows forums "One of our clan members was recently killed, murdered, by another WoWs from a different clan." )

Edited by CmdPrompt, 22 January 2019 - 09:59 AM.

LincolnTank #44 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8064 battles
I just disabled in game chat and don’t allow any messages. I play my game and try to assist my team as best as I may but to some unfortunate, backward and attention deficient individuals there seems to be great sport in griefing via chat.

I did it after getting bored of pointing out that the game in reality is just a bunch of pixels and don’t mean horse in the grand scheme

spamhamstar #45 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

I don't believe for 1 second that anyones ever "caught" cancer because someone wished in on them.  So it's equally as stupid to get upset about it as it is to wish it on someone in the 1st place.

View Postlaulaur, on 22 January 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

Too bad that those unsportsmanlike conduct reports do nothing at all. I never heard someone being punished based on those reports.

The only kind that maybe do something are those for chat, but even so i suspect only tickets are considered and those reports are also just a placebo.

People used to get banned for unsportsmanlike conduct reports, but it turns out we were just abusing it & getting FAME(or similar) players banned.  Which is why we can't have nice things.

TankkiPoju #46 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:03 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22210 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postlaulaur, on 22 January 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Too bad that those unsportsmanlike conduct reports do nothing at all. I never heard someone being punished based on those reports.

The only kind that maybe do something are those for chat, but even so i suspect only tickets are considered and those reports are also just a placebo.

WG have tried automatic report handling few times. The results were every super unicum got banned on regular basis due to the false reports made by salty tomatoes.

I would guess the reporting system doens't do anything because arty players would also get angry because they would get banned every day for few hours from drowning reports.

I know I always report arty players until reports run out.

Newbee_one_kenobi #47 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7376 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 January 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

No I don't, and that's my opinion on it.

If you complain about arty and still play arty for missions, you are a hypocrite.

And why can I say that with a straight face? Because I have never played arty and never will.

1: well its missions in the game, i don´t think WG care Jack what you think

2: i never said i hate arty´s i even said i think they needed in game. try read again

3: woaw /golfclap  so you never played an arty, well that makes you the expert to talk about them dos it not ? omg some peeps ....

LincolnTank #48 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8064 battles
Top and bottom is arty in some form will always be here ( the honcho dude from WG pretty much said it) but may be modified in some way in the near future. I’ve played arty as well as all other types and they all have their pros and cons. I’ve been the arty one shotting someone and I’ve been the one being one shorted. Swings, roundabouts etc

KillingJoker #49 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38421 battles

Well, obviously people who say stuff like that in game don't really mean it, its just an escape for their mad feelings about artillery...

Arty is toxic for the game, it causes a lot of anger, when someone get hit by an enemy tank you have the feeling that you made a mistake and you paid for it, but when you get hit by arty it feels totaly different, you get hit by arty it feels like you have been cheated, someone else picked on you to cheat and its trying to ruin your gameplay time...

this is mainly what it feels like, and if an arty player keeps focus on you the entire game, sometimes even becoming more annoying because you are not an obvious target, not a heavy or not top tier, and they still focus (you know... because of stats) then it really gets into a point that you open the chat window and you just insult the player in whatever verbal form or shape...

Arty is the most unfair and broken mechanic ever... if only had a more restrictive and skilled cap of operate, it would be tolerated, but in the way it was implemented in this game there is no way it wont be hated. 

Who ever plays arty for fun, (ie: to get more than grind or missions) deserve all kind of insults... because even if people say unpleasant things to you, that's just words thrown in a chat, while playing arty is in fact a much bigger aggression against other players, because your being so lame, that you are using a completely unfair mechanic to try to bully other people in battle, many people don't play arty just because its easy, they play it because artillery allows them to ruin the game of player who are in a much bigger statistical level... it gives them a feeling they cant possibly have while playing regular tanks... and therefor they are not innocent. 

Edited by KillingJoker, 22 January 2019 - 10:43 AM.

DeadLecter #50 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29916 battles

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 02:49 AM, said:

First: I'm not a native speaker, but there you go.

Second: See attached replay

Third: I did already, but I'm feeling people like that get away with it or just get a chatban

Fourth: SPG are part of the game, deal with it.

First, you speak very well for a non native speaker.

Second, you are in the wrong section of the forum

Third, then there is no reason to post it here, we can't do anything about it and we are all aware of this. If it bothers you too much you can disable chat in the settings.

Fourth: Murder, Genocide, and racism are also parts of our lives. That doesn't mean I have to accept them.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #51 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19312 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostNewbee_one_kenobi, on 22 January 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

3: woaw /golfclap  so you never played an arty, well that makes you the expert to talk about them dos it not ? omg some peeps ....

He probably has some experience in getting shot by arty..

Wouldn it be great if the game kept track when each player last played arty. If that was never or say not within the last 5000 games, enemy arty couldn't fire with sights set on that player. :P

FrantisekBascovansky #52 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21781 battles

From my experience, this kind of behavior (chat insulting, TKing an SPG) occurs very rarely. And usually you can find the offender at the bottom third of post game stats. So forget about it and move on.

However, you can see much more toxic behavior coming from well known perpetual offenders in the forums, with stupid remarks like this:

View PostJocMeister, on 22 January 2019 - 06:00 AM, said:

Solution: Don´t be a clickerbot.

You´re welcome. 

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 January 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

You can solve this problem by not playing arty.

If you play arty, don't expect to be treated like a normal person. Everyone hates arty.

Vicecomes #53 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:04 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31272 battles
  • [GOT] GOT

View PostMcLovers, on 22 January 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

I gotta be honest nothing you have said comes across as a player who owns the account you have,  You really do sound like a new player to me. After 7 years I have heard everything and I don't have particularly thick skin but I just goes right over my head and it should do yours as well,  "I wanted to create a post about it and share with the forum.", this is a special snowflake line if I ever read one and could be turned into a meme by the end of today if today didn't just end already :)  Nope you don't have to defend yourself to anyone but you came here whining and crying and put yourself in the limelight, you cannot dictate what comes your way when you do that.

It's quite strange to me when I point out something, multiple people are questioning my authenticity. That's certainly not the point I am making and only takes away the focus from the problem I am addressing. But if you have any questions about it, ask some officers in my clan. I have been in that clan for a long time, they know me.

I know the issues with SPGs, I have seen it all. Got the T92 while it was still T8. In my opinion SPGs were broken way worse then they are now.

Untill WG finds a solution everyone is happy, complain with them or give constructive feedback and help find the solution. Saying things like get cancer or don't play SPG is just nonsense.

Edited by Vicecomes, 22 January 2019 - 11:22 AM.

jabster #54 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

It's quite strange to me when I point out something, multiple people are questioning my authenticity. That's certainly not the point I am making and only takes away the focus from the problem I am addressing. But if you have any questions about it, ask some officers in my clan. I have been in that clan for a long time, they know me.

I know the issues with SPGs, I have seen it all. Got the T92 while it was still T8. In my opinion SPGs were broken way worsethen they are now.

Untill WG finds a solution everyone is happy, complain with them or give constructive feedback and help find the solution. Saying things like get cancer or don't play SPG is just nonsense.

Well if it’s any help your posting history suggests you’ve owned this account for several years.

TankkiPoju #55 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22210 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostNewbee_one_kenobi, on 22 January 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

What makes you think I am an expert in talking about arty? I never claimed such. Omg some peeps ...

I only said if you play arty and complain about arty, you are a hypocrite.

Same thing applies to premium ammo etc. And I don't complain about premium ammo, if you get what I mean.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 22 January 2019 - 11:22 AM.

DeadLecter #56 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29916 battles

I think there is one thing the community has gotten wrong. Arty is the most OP class in the game. 

1. There is no need for fronting any tank.
  2. They have no regard for armor
  3. No need to fire even 1 premium ammo
  4. They can shoot beyond draw range
  5. You can't shoot them back
  6. They don't even need to hit you to damage you
  7. They don't even need to move their tank. 

Name 1 tank in the game than can do 2 of these things.

HundeWurst #57 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 73557 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Postgpalsson, on 22 January 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

not really. artillery is usually very useless in any situation you need them in. The only thing you can count on is that friendly artillery will "help" you by stunning you if you facehug something and is just about to kill it, because arty just needed that kill. They are unreliable as teammates (even more so than other teammates) and for digging out hull down HTs they more often than not will ignore it and shoot at the LT or paper MT because they have a higher chance of more damage which result on better personmal score for them. It is often much more reliable to get a few other tanks to rush the hull down tank and kill it fast.

Very much true. Actually I was in the disgusting position to play arty myself for some missions the other day or two.

1. Most arty missions are exessively easy, that might be because there is no skill required to even be half decent in that class...
  2. I played for missions which is often the exact opposite you should do to win a game: Whenever I saw a hulldown heavy tank I was happy to see it, because it would slow down the gameplay, giving me more time to actually finish my mission. I for sure did not click targets with high priority, but decided to keep them alive as long as possible to buy time.

Kartoshkaya #58 Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25876 battles
So... Did you got cancer in the end ?

CrazyLovex #59 Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19392 battles

View PostVicecomes, on 21 January 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Good evening tankers,

After not playing for a while I got back to the game. Today I played in my good old T92. While on Ensk a player in my team was insulting me and wishing cancer on me and my close ones for playing an SPG.

He said I lacked skill to play normal tanks and should die from cancer.

I see this kind of behavior more and more and I think its very bad. Calling SPG [edited]or clickcancer or wishing people cancer who play it, that's outrageous. Cancer is a terrible disease and should not be used to show your dislike for a certain tank class.

The report system fails badly in this matter in my opinion. There should be a no go area in what you can say in the chat and WG should ban people accordingly.

Just stop playing arty, it's not worth the abuse, i stopped, no big deal 

ProfessionalGoldSpammer #60 Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 35675 battles
  • [X-TRA] X-TRA

View PostVicecomes, on 22 January 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

First: I'm not a native speaker, but there you go.

Second: See attached replay

Third: I did already, but I'm feeling people like that get away with it or just get a chatban

Fourth: SPG are part of the game, deal with it.

Swearing at clickers too so deal with it as well and don´t be so sensitive, you are giving me another reason to feel sorry for you...

Edited by ProfessionalGoldSpammer, 22 January 2019 - 02:18 PM.

Also tagged with spg, cancer, hate, insult

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users