Auto Aim - Why?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

skero #1 Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28736 battles

Why is this in the game?

Why game itself encourage people to not even aim? One of the most important thing. I just don´t get it.

And why speedy tanks which yolo around should be able to just magically keep their gun towards any tank?

They can hit slower tanks or tanks which are not moving very reliably but you need actually aim to hit such speedy tanks.

Or just any tanks which use auto aim firing gold. It´s just ludicrous.

Isn´t the game simple enough? Do people really need to auto target?

Using WSAD and mouse for actual aiming is too hard I think.

If I didnt know this is a game feature I would say it is just another cheat.

qpranger #2 Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38883 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
WOT weaklings need virtual crutches.

Stig_Stigma #3 Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17468 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
Salty because i clipped u with my batchat full heat? Hhahaha

Balc0ra #4 Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postskero, on 22 January 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Why is this in the game?

Why game itself encourage people to not even aim? One of the most important thing. I just don´t get it.

And why speedy tanks which yolo around should be able to just magically keep their gun towards any tank?

They can hit slower tanks or tanks which are not moving very reliably but you need actually aim to hit such speedy tanks.

Simple? Post a replay of you in your light circling a target with manual aim, and still looking where you are going and getting lots of shots in while you keep your awareness on targets around you. Or even in a wheeled light when they come going 80 km/h. That's why it's there. If it's wise to use it or not in most situations besides that is a different matter. Just because you use it, don't mean you will automatically hit or pen something constantly. 

And since it aims at the center and not at weakspots. And on TD's that's usually the strongest part. I would not say it's a cheat either tbh. As even with gold it's not a dead given you will pen anything is it? 

Edited by Balc0ra, 22 January 2019 - 04:24 PM.

Dava_117 #5 Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22489 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postskero, on 22 January 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Why is this in the game?

Full gold autoaim bobs are my favorites! They keep bouncing on angled side armour unlike people actually aiming. :trollface:

Autoaim is in game because, unlike in reality, there is just a person driving the tank: you. 

Because of that you won't be able to use the turret advantage without autoaim that simulate your gunner. 

qpranger #6 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38883 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
I have no problem manually aiming when I circle the target in my arty.

gpalsson #7 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
It's good for when you want to aim through destructible environment at paper tanks or when cresting and you need to be aware of surroundings at the same time. Otherwise it's not very useful.

enu_ #8 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23020 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
you know you can move your hull while someone circle around you and auto aim center of your tank?

OMG_Abaddon #9 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13954 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Because sniper mode is still superior for aiming. Autoaim doesn't work on moving targets, when facing angled tanks, when enemy is hulldown, when...

Oh wait, the point is why auto aim exists right? It's just to relieve stress when you don't really need to aim, you point your gun straight. Pulling off that sick brake skills while cruising at 70 km/h and clipping the guy hidden behind cover, when chasing a coward, when that light tank who is completely oblivious and just got spotted in the middle of nowhere... Yeah. Besides, arcade mode aiming is far superior if you know how to use it, sniper mode sometimes can't hit what arcade mode does, more prominent when shooting derps, but also true for standard weaponry.

skero #10 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28736 battles

View PostStig_Stigma, on 22 January 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Salty because i clipped u with my batchat full heat? Hhahaha

No, just thing I wanted to discuss. And I´m not talking about fast tanks only but all tanks in general, something you cannot comprehend obviously. At least you think you are funny, that is achievement in your case I think.
16:48 Added after 3 minutes

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 January 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

Simple? Post a replay of you in your light circling a target with manual aim, and still looking where you are going and getting lots of shots in while you keep your awareness on targets around you. Or even in a wheeled light when they come going 80 km/h. That's why it's there. If it's wise to use it or not in most situations besides that is a different matter. Just because you use it, don't mean you will automatically hit or pen something constantly. 

And since it aims at the center and not at weakspots. And on TD's that's usually the strongest part. I would not say it's a cheat either tbh. As even with gold it's not a dead given you will pen anything is it? 

Have you read it? Why someone should be able to lock any target while driving around and spotting in a first place? Is this normal? Damaging other tanks not aiming while they need to aim you? Wow, you have nice excuses.

fwhaatpiraat #11 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58624 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
So you can focus on other things like driving? Cannot be hard to comprehend, is it?

ValkyrionX #12 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52517 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

Error 404 , brain not found

next thread 

skero #13 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28736 battles

View PostDava_117, on 22 January 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

Full gold autoaim bobs are my favorites! They keep bouncing on angled side armour unlike people actually aiming. :trollface:

Autoaim is in game because, unlike in reality, there is just a person driving the tank: you. 

Because of that you won't be able to use the turret advantage without autoaim that simulate your gunner. 

Really? You want to tell me that you cannot manage WSAD and aiming in this game without auto aiming? You want to compare real tank managing with WSAD and mouse? You need automat to do it? And eating pizza with other hand?

Wow people are lazy these days, this is awesome.

Auto aim is surely how human in WW2 handled aiming : D Not to mention in 70km/h... 

PayMore #14 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27442 battles
Auto aim is an esport thing, just look at CG:GO.

skero #15 Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28736 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 22 January 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

Error 404 , brain not found

next thread 

If you have no brain next thread is the same for you.
17:03 Added after 1 minute

View PostPayMore, on 22 January 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

Auto aim is an esport thing, just look at CG:GO.

This is funny, I admit.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22489 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postskero, on 22 January 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

Really? You want to tell me that you cannot manage WSAD and aiming in this game without auto aiming? You want to compare real tank managing with WSAD and mouse? You need automat to do it? And eating pizza with other hand?

Auto aim is surely how human in WW2 handled aiming : D Not to mention in 70km/h... 

Well, I guess you have eyes on all sides of your head and play with 4 screen around you, otherwhise I can't see how you can shoot a tank on your back wile driving around obstacles.

When your field of view is limited to around 90°, you need autoaim to do stuff like this.

Edited by Dava_117, 22 January 2019 - 06:11 PM.

ThinGun #17 Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40100 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View Postskero, on 22 January 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

Just as those two activities aren't undertaken by one person in a REAL tank, so WG have attempted to replicate the idea of having a driver AND a gunner by semi-automating one of the functions.  If you don't like it, don't use it - but don't whine about something that has a legitimate part in the game.

SABAOTH #18 Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postqpranger, on 22 January 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

I have no problem manually aiming when I circle the target in my arty.

Ah the joy of Fv pigeon

Nishi_Kinuyo #19 Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9067 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Like 4tankersanddog says:

You're the tank commander, not the gunner.

You tell your gunner what to aim at if you're too busy with other things; like telling your driver to circle that tank, or your loader which shells to use.

Auto-Aim is a useful tool in specific situations.

If I'm rushing to the side of an enemy Jap Heavy, I want to keep my pushka aimed at it so I can deal the most damage to it as quickly as possible. As well, as keeping my aim at its side while I try to stay in position while he moves around.

It is, however, not something that you should use non-stop because that's far from effective.

BonjiOrongji #20 Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42364 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
just try it yourself and discover that autoaim also has its drawbacks ... no need for a thread that you could test in a single battle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users