Jump to content


Soldiers of Fortune: An Update on Compensation


  • Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

DerpMcBrexit #21 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:24 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21281 battles
  • 224
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-03-2012

View Postpaolotk, on 22 January 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

 

i have +40% of bonus, but i’m receving sometime +20% other less thrn 20

 

Have you compared the amount you got with others in the battle who also have the 40% increase?


Edited by DerpMcBrexit, 22 January 2019 - 11:27 PM.


Kartonas #22 Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:26 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 46737 battles
  • 487
  • [-W-O-] -W-O-
  • Member since:
    08-26-2014

View Postkokek, on 22 January 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

wow.. i just cant.. a actuall good news from WG???????

 

WHAT IS THIS

 

:teethhappy: yes
05:26 Added after 0 minutes

View PostSimona2k, on 22 January 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

interesting

 

no
05:28 Added after 2 minutes

View Posteekeeboo, on 22 January 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Greeting tankers, 

 

As a precaution, I’m updating you with possible issues that may be coming. This is a forewarning to players to be upfront as the situation evolves. Due to the sheer amount of traffic and resources being used by the people accessing the CW page you may notice some of the following problems: 

 

There is a chance once the hour mark hits the Global map will be inaccessible while the round calculations take place for all the CW activities. 

 

There is a chance that some battles will be delayed, in particular, there is a possibility that the prime time battles will be rescheduled to a later time. 

 

The penalty system will be disabled for one day to prevent any punishments given to those people who may be affected by the issues with the map, not so that players will be able to abuse the system. 

 

We are attempting to resolve the issue and will continue to update you as information arrives. 

 

Thank you for your patience, 


Eek. 

 

where is compensation for GLASS WALLS?
05:29 Added after 3 minutes
Every batle i miss 2-3 shots.bcs of glass walls

Discontinued #23 Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3644 battles
  • 796
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the global map?

 

What are soldiers of fortune and how do i get my compensation?

 

sorry but i genuinely feel this could have been slightly better promoted or explained

 

This global map thing seems almost entirely irrelevant to the vast majority of the player base and from the info i did gather it this global map thing seems far to complex and confusing and irrelevant for seemly little reward.

 

Sorry but imho it was so badly explained, so overly complex and almost pointless for a meagre amount of gold. simply didn't even bother to read it, initially  I thought soldiers of fortune where some rock band hoping to ride on the back of WOT kinda like Sabaton did

 

 

What is the point of the global map to players who do not wish to be in a clan?

 

In fact what is the point of the global map at all, when there seem to be so many more urgent issues that need resolving.

 

Sorry to be a grump but i really feel this could have been better explained and given more relevance as i would imagine the vast majority of players are either unaware or simply cba to participate!

 

 

 



eekeeboo #24 Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:11 AM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46095 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostKartonas, on 23 January 2019 - 05:26 AM, said:

 

where is compensation for GLASS WALLS?
05:29 Added after 3 minutes
Every batle i miss 2-3 shots.bcs of glass walls

Can you please explain? 

 

View PostDiscontinued, on 23 January 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the global map?

 

What are soldiers of fortune and how do i get my compensation?

 

sorry but i genuinely feel this could have been slightly better promoted or explained

 

This global map thing seems almost entirely irrelevant to the vast majority of the player base and from the info i did gather it this global map thing seems far to complex and confusing and irrelevant for seemly little reward.

 

Sorry but imho it was so badly explained, so overly complex and almost pointless for a meagre amount of gold. simply didn't even bother to read it, initially  I thought soldiers of fortune where some rock band hoping to ride on the back of WOT kinda like Sabaton did

 

 

What is the point of the global map to players who do not wish to be in a clan?

 

In fact what is the point of the global map at all, when there seem to be so many more urgent issues that need resolving.

 

Sorry to be a grump but i really feel this could have been better explained and given more relevance as i would imagine the vast majority of players are either unaware or simply cba to participate!

 

 

 

 

That is the point, this event is to encourage and engage who are and want to be in a clan. Those who want to play in a team and socially. Giving the most engaged and "hardcore" players something to play in and on with a lot of challenge. 

 

That's why the various articles for clan wars were released outlining this.  



Kartonas #25 Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 46737 battles
  • 487
  • [-W-O-] -W-O-
  • Member since:
    08-26-2014

View Posteekeeboo, on 23 January 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

Can you please explain? 

 

 

That is the point, this event is to encourage and engage who are and want to be in a clan. Those who want to play in a team and socially. Giving the most engaged and "hardcore" players something to play in and on with a lot of challenge. 

 

That's why the various articles for clan wars were released outlining this.  

 

just try to play pls on any map,always you aim enemy if he is on cover.and you see just little bit of enemy tank you shot bcs aim sircle shows green color means you can kill,or dmg but your bullet blow on invisible something...looks like mistake of pixels.pc strong its games bug.have armour 6gb vram 1060

eekeeboo #26 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46095 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostKartonas, on 23 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

 

just try to play pls on any map,always you aim enemy if he is on cover.and you see just little bit of enemy tank you shot bcs aim sircle shows green color means you can kill,or dmg but your bullet blow on invisible something...looks like mistake of pixels.pc strong its games bug.have armour 6gb vram 1060

 

I have played I also know that the aiming line though can be green at times, if you have an object in the way, depending on dispersion, you may see green line doesn't mean that's where the shell will travel in flight. 

 

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the accuracy of a round is also affected in flight not just when it lands with artillery. It's important to look at the possible objects blocking the rounds along the way just as much as seeing a green line. 



bim_bam_bo0m #27 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21662 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

 

 

     Hello WG, 

 

   Im not in clan so can i perticipate in auction for reward tank? 

 

 



StinkyStonky #28 Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31290 battles
  • 2,422
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

View Postbim_bam_bo0m, on 23 January 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

   Im not in clan so can i perticipate in auction for reward tank? 

 

I don't think so.  You need to be on the clan leader board below position 10800.

 

You'll have to join a clan and play at least 5 battles.

 

[-SJA-] are recruiting.



El_Cabanos #29 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 47146 battles
  • 973
  • [WERSO] WERSO
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View Postpaolotk, on 22 January 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

 

i have +40% of bonus, but i’m receving sometime +20% other less thrn 20

 

me too ,like example from yesterday - my clan have 109  points (i have 40% buff) with 40% i should get 152,6 ,but i recievie 125  why ?? my clan friends says its give you more points if i have more dmg or frags WG support answer this ??? i check my clan budy and he have too sometimes take less % points .. how this working its a special algorithm for this ??

Edited by El_Cabanos, 23 January 2019 - 04:00 PM.


Kartonas #30 Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 46737 battles
  • 487
  • [-W-O-] -W-O-
  • Member since:
    08-26-2014

View Posteekeeboo, on 23 January 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

 

I have played I also know that the aiming line though can be green at times, if you have an object in the way, depending on dispersion, you may see green line doesn't mean that's where the shell will travel in flight. 

 

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the accuracy of a round is also affected in flight not just when it lands with artillery. It's important to look at the possible objects blocking the rounds along the way just as much as seeing a green line. 

 

mate,russian streamers already know that bug.they speaking about that sometimes.wg (russian) asking for reports about in what place you saw that bug.but i thing they must just fix it.when i shot  in to ground,i see that.and when bullet disapearing,is other thing.look i played not 1k and not 2k battles i know what i see...
15:14 Added after 1 minute
and no any objects in way.thats why i sayng "invissible walll"

Psticide #31 Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42771 battles
  • 218
  • [G-ON] G-ON
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
eekeeboo u need to have a talk with your boss/manager and try come to an arrangement that first days of campaigns or tournaments are considered worktime for a selected few and u get some flexible hours for those. it seems rather silly to not have people on standbye during such a day in the office and/or at home, this is an event an entire community looks forward too and plans for and arranges their schedules for and to then hear wg as a company hasnt flexible schedules for their employees on such occasions accordingly , is rather disheartening.

Edited by Psticide, 23 January 2019 - 05:41 PM.


eekeeboo #32 Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46095 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostKartonas, on 23 January 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

 

mate,russian streamers already know that bug.they speaking about that sometimes.wg (russian) asking for reports about in what place you saw that bug.but i thing they must just fix it.when i shot  in to ground,i see that.and when bullet disapearing,is other thing.look i played not 1k and not 2k battles i know what i see...
15:14 Added after 1 minute
and no any objects in way.thats why i sayng "invissible walll"

 

Sorry could you please retype this, I am genuinely struggling to interpret what you're trying to say. 

 

For the last sentence, invisible walls and "glass walls" are absolutely a first for me, having never heard of them from any player since I joined the WoT team, and not since the old days when there were server problems. 

16:42 Added after 2 minutes

View PostPsticide, on 23 January 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

eekeeboo u need to have a talk with your boss/manager and try come to an arrangement that first days of campaigns or tournaments are considered worktime for a selected few and u get some flexible hours for those. it seems rather silly to not have people on standbye during such a day in the office, this is an event an entire community looks forward too and plans for and arranges their schedules for and to then hear wg as a company hasnt schedules their employees accordingly , is rather disheartening.

 

This is a valid point, but I hope you're also aware that a lot of our tasks in community need to be done on other things too like Social Media. The CW campaign and helping fix these problems are just a small part of our workload, but no less important. This is why we put out the info yesterday of a possible problem as soon as we identified there could be one, thankfully I had no reports on EN section myself but it was important to communicate with players and stay around just in case something went wrong. 

 

16:43 Added after 2 minutes

View Postpaolotk, on 22 January 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

 

i have +40% of bonus, but i’m receving sometime +20% other less thrn 20

 

I'm double checking this now with some other messages with a similar complaint, I will update as soon as I have more on whether this is an issue or not. Please bear with us. 

Remarius #33 Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7418 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011
Thanks for the update and changes - it was frustrating so nice resolution.

Discontinued #34 Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3644 battles
  • 796
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

 

View Posteekeeboo, on 23 January 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

 

 

 

That is the point, this event is to encourage and engage who are and want to be in a clan. Those who want to play in a team and socially. Giving the most engaged and "hardcore" players something to play in and on with a lot of challenge. 

 

That's why the various articles for clan wars were released outlining this.  

 

Well that's all well and good but not all players have a desire to be in a  clan,

 

Fair enough but with respect, it seems almost worthless for someone who isn't, i cannot see anyone accepting legionnaire if as you say its for the most "hardcore" players...

 

It just seems silly to spend resources and time on such an overly complex and "exclusive" event that only a very few hardcore" players will participate in..Yet alone understand the guide didn't really explain it clearly. To me it seems like you have to climb mount Everest twice for a pack of peanuts! Even a lot of the Good players will not bother..If i need gold or silver i just buy a couple of Fort Knox's 

 

As i said what is the point for someone who does not want to be a in a clan? Not that i have anything against clans I'm just to old for all that.

 

I was in the Dingers for a while they are the nicest bunch going in the whole game..i would recommend them to anyone!

 

 

P.S Do i get compo even if i didn't participate :trollface:


Edited by Discontinued, 23 January 2019 - 07:58 PM.


SaltyKrepy #35 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 24015 battles
  • 6
  • [9-TDA] 9-TDA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2012

 

And to think wg wouldnt screw up again, what a fool I was...



SenpaiErick #36 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Commander
  • 48412 battles
  • 525
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    06-08-2011
Garage is down for all. Cannot repair or re-equip tanks after battle. Expect compensation for landing tournaments that are now effed up.

ValkyrionX #37 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:40 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49160 battles
  • 1,572
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostSenpaiErick, on 23 January 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

Garage is down for all. Cannot repair or re-equip tanks after battle. Expect compensation for landing tournaments that are now effed up.

 

+1

 

Garage is down for all. Cannot repair or re-equip tanks after battle. Expect compensation for landing tournaments that are now effed up. 



DaMP13R #38 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43655 battles
  • 486
  • Member since:
    07-08-2011

Lmao this is quite funny xD

 

People can't repair tanks, never know.. might find an AMX30B in CWs tonight with this going on. :teethhappy:

 

Posted Image



William_Shakesbeer #39 Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:08 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 62853 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012
Tanks locked and cant be fixed for X amount of time, two days in row. so if one wants to grind credits its impossible because tank is locked. Give me back my premium days

eekeeboo #40 Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:59 AM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46095 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostDiscontinued, on 23 January 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

 

 

Well that's all well and good but not all players have a desire to be in a  clan,

 

Fair enough but with respect, it seems almost worthless for someone who isn't, i cannot see anyone accepting legionnaire if as you say its for the most "hardcore" players...

 

It just seems silly to spend resources and time on such an overly complex and "exclusive" event that only a very few hardcore" players will participate in..Yet alone understand the guide didn't really explain it clearly. To me it seems like you have to climb mount Everest twice for a pack of peanuts! Even a lot of the Good players will not bother..If i need gold or silver i just buy a couple of Fort Knox's 

 

As i said what is the point for someone who does not want to be a in a clan? Not that i have anything against clans I'm just to old for all that.

 

I was in the Dingers for a while they are the nicest bunch going in the whole game..i would recommend them to anyone!

 

 

P.S Do i get compo even if i didn't participate :trollface:

 

The hardest part of the campaign is actually for the shot callers and your clan leaders. The rest if you make yourself available to a clan and learn the tactics you will more than likely be rewarded with a tank, just by doing your thing!

 

And if you look at it another way in that what would happen and be the point in clans if there was no event or reward for being in one, especially with the reduction in competitive gameplay modes etc.  






6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users