Jump to content


f2p tier X and standstill economy


  • Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Unangwata #1 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11004 battles
  • 455
  • [-NASA] -NASA
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

I don't know if it is intended and why. For f2p playing tier 10 is bit discouraging. Your income stops. With win you can earn a bit, with lose you lose most of the time.

I don't think it is good for the game generally to make players lose interest in playing any tier.

What if reducing repair costs would resolve a problem little bet?

I believe developers may have fixed mind on this but maybe it is time to bend a little in favor of players.


Edited by Unangwata, 23 January 2019 - 12:02 PM.


Renesco #2 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 22913 battles
  • 583
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010
If you want to remain f2p you have to take the loss at tier X, I load my Maus up with chocolate and premium ammo by default and just go nuts and expect to lose 50k a game. That's tier X mayne. Most people have a few premiums to finance their higher tier shenanigans.

Unangwata #3 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11004 battles
  • 455
  • [-NASA] -NASA
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

View PostRenesco, on 23 January 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

If you want to remain f2p you have to take the loss at tier X, I load my Maus up with chocolate and premium ammo by default and just go nuts and expect to lose 50k a game. That's tier X mayne. Most people have a few premiums to finance their higher tier shenanigans.

 

That's my point. What if it is time to change that, so players interest increase ? Developers are very strict, yet we don't know if such change would be better for the game unless it happens.

Edited by Unangwata, 23 January 2019 - 12:10 PM.


Jauhesammutin #4 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 22909 battles
  • 91
  • [KYS] KYS
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostUnangwata, on 23 January 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

 

That's my point. What if it is time to change that, so players interest increase ? Developers are very strict, yet we don't know if such change would be better for the game unless it happens.

 

This is a free game. Everything doesn't need to be available for free players. IMO they could just as easily lock tier 1-5 for free players and 1-10 for premium players. Be grateful that you can play tier 10 for free.

_LEO_ #5 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 56416 battles
  • 975
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011

View PostUnangwata, on 23 January 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

 

That's my point. What if it is time to change that, so players interest increase ? Developers are very strict, yet we don't know if such change would be better for the game unless it happens.

 

There are so many marathons where they give away t8 prem, you can easily get really good discount on them with very little time invested.

deorum #6 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 25638 battles
  • 429
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A
  • Member since:
    10-27-2010

Tier 10 its pretty much "locked content" if you are 100% f2p. 

Sure you may see that once in 5-6 games , consider it like a demo, but pretty much is not accessible. Same goes for tier 9s also, unless its an spg or td? (In sniping tds once im spotted i dont even repair myself sometimes when im the last against 5-6 persons, saving myself from some credits). 

 Tier 8s are marginally ok , if non premium tanks. 


Edited by deorum, 23 January 2019 - 12:23 PM.


divsmo #7 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34281 battles
  • 327
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
Why should WG adjust the game for f2p players? What's in it for them other than the slim possibilty they get friends involved that do pay for premium time?

You can play tier 10 f2p if you play well and don't spam the 2 key and prem consumables, otherwise you'll have to earn the credits lower down the tiers to support you.

Unangwata #8 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11004 battles
  • 455
  • [-NASA] -NASA
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

My point is there may not be really valid reason for that. Making it accessible to f2p increases player base. Bigger player base is always good for game even if it is f2p, that's the purpose of f2p in the first place.

F2p players may start to pay at some point. Game becomes more popular, f2p have friends who may play and pay. Good for mm, easier competition with other games. List may go on.


Edited by Unangwata, 23 January 2019 - 12:26 PM.


arthurwellsley #9 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 52684 battles
  • 3,389
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostUnangwata, on 23 January 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

I don't know if it is intended and why. For f2p playing tier 10 is bit discouraging. Your income stops. With win you can earn a bit, with lose you lose most of the time.

I don't think it is good for the game generally to make players lose interest in playing any tier.

What if reducing repair costs would resolve a problem little bet?

I believe developers may have fixed mind on this but maybe it is time to bend a little in favor of players.

 

Fully intended model.

 

1. Tier VIII and up for F2P should be difficult to break even unless playing exceptionally well.

2. F2P are encouraged to play alot of tier V, VI and VII to make silver and keep those tiers populated.

3. It used to be worse prior to 2016.

4. No it should stay as it is. F2P are time rich and money poor and therefore need to play more in lower tiers to keep playing in higher tiers. Players with jobs find the cost of premium account insignificant, but have very limited time to play. The current system is a good balance between the two types of players. WG makes a profit. The servers keep running. We all enjoy the game. Mess with a winning formula and the servers might go down.



Geno1isme #10 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 44874 battles
  • 9,013
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostUnangwata, on 23 January 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

That's my point. What if it is time to change that, so players interest increase ? Developers are very strict, yet we don't know if such change would be better for the game unless it happens.

 

The whole game economy is designed that playing high tiers isn't cost-effective. Making T8-10 more profitable would make lower tiers even less attractive, while we actually need way more people playing lower tiers to reduce the issues with the retarded template MM.

chubbysnake #11 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15547 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014
Make tier 10 cheaper and you get even more prem spam.

Unangwata #12 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11004 battles
  • 455
  • [-NASA] -NASA
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

View PostGeno1isme, on 23 January 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

 

The whole game economy is designed that playing high tiers isn't cost-effective. Making T8-10 more profitable would make lower tiers even less attractive, while we actually need way more people playing lower tiers to reduce the issues with the retarded template MM.

 

Actually I thoght the cause for retarded MM is less higher tier players, that's why for their games they draw from low tier pool, like in case of tier 8, If there were enough tier 9 and 10 to make their own games then tier 8 players wouldn't be bottom 9/10 matches.

BR33K1_PAWAH #13 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4862 battles
  • 1,062
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018
Yeah, and also let's sell premium tenks for silver.

HassenderZerhacker #14 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 29000 battles
  • 2,762
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

yes, tier 10 should cost a lot.

 

but I think that WG should tweak the costs a little.

to me, credits loss says "you didn't do well"

 

it's not a good feeling to do over 4000 damage without shooting premium ammo and still make a loss of 5k-10k creds.

I think they should tweak this bit a little.


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 23 January 2019 - 12:45 PM.


Balc0ra #15 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68506 battles
  • 18,038
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostUnangwata, on 23 January 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

I don't know if it is intended and why. For f2p playing tier 10 is bit discouraging. Your income stops. With win you can earn a bit, with lose you lose most of the time.

I don't think it is good for the game generally to make players lose interest in playing any tier.

What if reducing repair costs would resolve a problem little bet?

I believe developers may have fixed mind on this but maybe it is time to bend a little in favor of players.

 

It's intended. Tier X is not the end game if you will. It's not like say WOW where the end game areas are where the profit is vs the mid-level areas. 

 

But then again it depends on your skill and class. Being a bad HT player on tier X, you will lose money. But being a bad light player on tier X you might break even at times. As there is a huge repair difference on them. Lowering it might help. But as for one of the reasons, you don't want to lower it too much. But, if you can connect your shots, do damage and take little in return regardless of class. You might see a tier X profit more often. And that's the way WG wants it. 

 

The reasons are ofc that WG wants you to get a premium tank. The 2nd reason is aimed at those that don't buy a premium tank. They need to spread the population on mid tiers. If not everyone would be on tier X where the income is. And if so, why buy a tier 8 premium if you can slowly grind silver on tier X? But instead, free players have to play tier 5/6 for income unless they got a free premium tank WG have given out of late. And thus they spread the population a bit among those that play premiums for income on tier 7/8. If no one played tier 8 premiums for income. I suspect tier 8 MM would be even worse. As half the tanks on equal tier games are orc premiums. Same for tier 6 I bet. Most of those are f2p players grinding. 


Edited by Balc0ra, 23 January 2019 - 12:54 PM.


Unangwata #16 Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11004 battles
  • 455
  • [-NASA] -NASA
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 January 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

 

It's intended. Tier X is not the end game if you will. It's not like say WOW where the end game areas are where the profit is vs the mid-level areas. 

 

But then again it depends on your skill and class. Being a bad HT player on tier X, you will lose money. But being a bad light player on tier X you might break even at times. As there is a huge repair difference on them. Lowering it might help. But as for one of the reasons, you don't want to lower it too much. 

 

The reasons are ofc that WG wants you to get a premium tank. The 2nd reason is aimed at those that don't buy a premium tank. They need to spread the population on mid tiers. If not everyone would be on tier X where the income is. And if so, why buy a tier 8 premium if you can slowly grind silver on tier X? But instead, free players have to play tier 5/6 for income unless they got a free premium tank WG have given out of late. And thus they spread the population a bit among those that play premiums for income on tier 7/8. If no one played tier 8 premiums for income. I suspect tier 8 MM would be even worse. As half the tanks on equal tier games are orc premiums. Same for tier 6 I bet. Most of those are f2p players grinding. 

 

I don't find it entirely true. The income is for you to buy the tank you want, rather than you get tank to have income. If that was the case then you would end up in endless circle where your goal is income for no reason other than to stack credits, since you do not aim to play particular tank. Being able to play Tier X and mantain economy lets you switch to another tank you want to play, otherwise you end up playing tanks you don't want just to be able to progress to the one you want. I don't think it works good for the game because when forced to play other tank than you want your mood goes down, and other things may follow like frustration, boredom etc.

If we let f2p play tier 10 tanks and maintain economy then subscribers still have advantage because are able to afford better consumables, ammo etc, and they progress faster.

 



WoT_RU_Doing #17 Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51177 battles
  • 2,253
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostUnangwata, on 23 January 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

 

If that was the case then you would end up in endless circle where your goal is income for no reason other than to stack credits, since you do not aim to play particular tank.

 

 

Yep, that's pretty much exactly what I do these days.

Unangwata #18 Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11004 battles
  • 455
  • [-NASA] -NASA
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017
All I can say is, please WG lower tier 10 costs a little bet.

Geno1isme #19 Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 44874 battles
  • 9,013
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostUnangwata, on 23 January 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Actually I thoght the cause for retarded MM is less higher tier players, that's why for their games they draw from low tier pool, like in case of tier 8, If there were enough tier 9 and 10 to make their own games then tier 8 players wouldn't be bottom 9/10 matches.

 

LOL not at all, the complete opposite actually. If you'd play T10 regulary you'd know that you have a very high chance (compared to lower tiers) to get into T10 only battles already, so the MM definitely has more than enough T10 players to work with.

The problem is that in 3-5-7 (which is the MM-priority for performance reasons) for every top tier tank you need 2.3 times as many tanks from two tiers below. And the most played tier in WoT is T8, where we have almost twice as many people as on T6. So even if the MM would use all T6 as bottom-tier tanks, only a quarter of the T8 population could be top-tiers. So what can the MM do with the remaining 75%? Logically the most efficient way to put them into battles is by assigning them into T10 3-5-7, T9 5-10 or T8 15-0 matches, where the first has priority (for performance reasons). And as obviously you don't want T6 to be bottom-tier the whole time, that 75% actually is more like 90%.



HassenderZerhacker #20 Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 29000 battles
  • 2,762
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostUnangwata, on 23 January 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

 otherwise you end up playing tanks you don't want just to be able to progress to the one you want.

 

that's how I spent 90% of my my battles so far.

 

12:43 Added after 1 minute

View PostGeno1isme, on 23 January 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

If you'd play T10 regulary you'd know that you have a very high chance (compared to lower tiers) to get into T10 only battles already,

 

amazingly, this doesn't apply to arty.

whenever I play tier 10 arty, I have 80% chance to be in a top tier battle :-/






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users