• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

CrashATanka #1 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 62982 battles
  • [THEFF] THEFF

Dear Fellow Tankers,

I have been playing WOT for some six years and all in all I have enjoyed it..otherwise I would also not have been here for six years :).

Recently, I learned that Wargaming was (again) planning to improve the game play by, among others, improving the matchmaking.  However, after their last fix regarding SPG's (i.e. introducing stunning and at least preventing that you have 4 or 5 SPGs in a game), they keep silent on this topic. And to me and many of my fellow befriended tankers, this was and is a very irritating aspect for many who like to play normal tanks without being constantly bombarded or even being beaten to pulp. Especially,when you are lucky to have a slow tank, an open map, and three enemy SPGs in the game. 

Therefore, I would ask your support for a petition to Wargaming to further reduce or ban SPGs from the game. 

Personally I think SPGs can play a role to make the game interesting, however, the number of SPGs per game is not balanced. Therefore I would support and actually request Wargaming to reduce the number of SPGs to a maximum of 1 per game. 

As said, I hope that many of you will support this notion, thereby hopefully bringing this issue back on the table of Wargaming!     

Sirebellus #2 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23311 battles
Can we keep Arty Whines to just 1 a day... this is about the 6th in the last 24 hours...

CrashATanka #3 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 62982 battles
  • [THEFF] THEFF
Well the last part of your remark signifies the issue already, therefore it would be more helpful if you provided a constructive response....

Murro_the_One #4 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36459 battles

i still hope they will wake up from the vodka dream and start working on issues in this game

pay2win and arty as primary topics, OP tanks and tank balance as almost as much critical

i dont hear one good word on the state of this game but then again, Christmas will come and sheep will still buy from WG drunkards....

ThinGun #5 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40406 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
"OMG, I'm SO entitled to have WG change the game to match my requirements, because ... you know ... reasons"

^ Please feel free to cut and paste the above into every new thread.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
1. Yes, there are multiple problems around arty.
2. Yes, we all know about them.
3. No, the devs don't care, pposting here won't change anything...
4.... especially when you keep telling the devs that everything is awesome and that you just love every single change they introduced.
5. Petitions are pointless in this context. And they are meant to be used for really important stuff.

wsatnutter #7 Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26464 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

OP why don't you follow the rules m8 stop crying and whining like a 10 year old and post in the official spg

thread? or are you a special case, and deserve your own whining thread? well what is it then?

anonym_32bOyLluvSuR #8 Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostCrashATanka, on 23 January 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Dear Fellow Tankers,

I have been playing WOT for some six years and all in all I have enjoyed it..otherwise I would also not have been here for six years :).

Recently, I learned that Wargaming was (again) planning to improve the game play by, among others, improving the matchmaking.  However, after their last fix regarding SPG's (i.e. introducing stunning and at least preventing that you have 4 or 5 SPGs in a game), they keep silent on this topic. And to me and many of my fellow befriended tankers, this was and is a very irritating aspect for many who like to play normal tanks without being constantly bombarded or even being beaten to pulp. Especially,when you are lucky to have a slow tank, an open map, and three enemy SPGs in the game. 

Therefore, I would ask your support for a petition to Wargaming to further reduce or ban SPGs from the game. 

Personally I think SPGs can play a role to make the game interesting, however, the number of SPGs per game is not balanced. Therefore I would support and actually request Wargaming to reduce the number of SPGs to a maximum of 1 per game. 

As said, I hope that many of you will support this notion, thereby hopefully bringing this issue back on the table of Wargaming!     

TLDR

Sigh another arty whine

When it should be arty wine,

juonimies #9 Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47364 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

View PostCrashATanka, on 23 January 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Personally I think SPGs can play a role to make the game interesting, however, the number of SPGs per game is not balanced. 

Number of SPGs per game IS balanced. There are nowadays 0, 1, 2, or 3 SPGs per team. Always equal number per team. 

No artillery = overarmored bushcampers' wet dream. No thanks. 

I always like when friendly artillery nails some overarmored enemy which could not be penetrated with cannon fire. 

Edited by juonimies, 23 January 2019 - 05:06 PM.

jack_timber #10 Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40873 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSirebellus, on 23 January 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

Can we keep Arty Whines to just 1 a day... this is about the 6th in the last 24 hours...

Where's mods when you need them, there is a sticky pinned thingy up there for all the whiners.....

BR33K1_PAWAH #11 Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6836 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThinGun, on 23 January 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

"OMG, I'm SO entitled to have WG change the game to match my requirements, because ... you know ... reasons"

^ Please feel free to cut and paste the above into every new thread.

:great:

anonym_32bOyLluvSuR #12 Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

Chuwt #13 Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40210 battles

Quite a lot of players like to play artillery, a majority of the players dont mind it in the game (a poll on here around Christmas artillery was only some 3rd place in annoying things)

In reality, tanks could be threatened by a huge variety of things which are not represented in the game (mines, at guns, aircraft etc etc) so hving one thing other than other tanks should not really be that hard to deal with. If you drive one of the artillery magnet tanks then, without artillery you would face a substantial nerf, as otherwise you would be even more OP.

It can be annoying to get killed by artillery, but then it is also annoyiny to be killed by invisible TDs, rapidly circling lights which you cannot even get a shot at, invunerable heavies which every shot bounces off and so on...but it is the game.

Given that wargaming seem to be seeking to actually boost the number playing spgs it is unlikely that they will be removing them any time soon, so dont waste everybodies time.

QPoszto #14 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8471 battles
  • [ACE-H] ACE-H

View PostCrashATanka, on 23 January 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

Dear Fellow Tankers,

not the spg s are the only problem here, only they, mess up everything whatever they try to fix so dont ask them for anynew stuff. Maybe for a rollback. With the same graphics, actually this one they didnt messed up.

Inappropriate_noob #15 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17370 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

I know, lets make everyone play arty, if you whine you have to play it and nothing else for a solid week....

It is in game, it is not going anywhere, WG do not care.....

So get in your LT's and kill the damn things:trollface:

LordMuffin #16 Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53484 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
As always, those who like arty in this thread do different sorts of unrelated/off-topic/ad-hominem arguments.
All of which are clearly irrelevant to the topic or the post OP made.

This include, wsatnutter, sirebellus, ThinGun, Discontinued, BR33K1_PAWAH.

Maybe one time, you could try to come up with an actual argument instead of spewing [edited].

_b_ #17 Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 57372 battles

WG managed to include arty as a requrement into the campaigns ... even if they've nerfed the class several times .. so guess they'll want some to play it no matter that they know quite a few dislike them and the class cause a bit more toxicity than they like.

But, back in the days there were no limit on numbers, then it was reduced to a max of five, then down to a max of three, so just hang in and we'll eventually get down to one :great:

WhoCares01 #18 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22368 battles

View Post_b_, on 24 January 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

WG managed to include arty as a requrement into the campaigns ... even if they've nerfed the class several times .. so guess they'll want some to play it no matter that they know quite a few dislike them and the class cause a bit more toxicity than they like.

Negative!

I have StuG4 and T28HTC with never playing a single farty battle. That's what the orders are good for. Looks like that will also work with the second campaign, like Excalibur has  3 mandatory alliance farty missions, that can be skipped by the orders from the other three mission lines.

The reason why WG likes to keep them in is all the med kits and repair kits people need to use after getting hit by fartys, thus draining more credits...

SABAOTH #19 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostSirebellus, on 23 January 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

It's probably because arty is not an issue :coin:

Homer_J #20 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32787 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJigabachi, on 23 January 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

1. Yes, there are multiple problems around arty.
2. Yes, we all know about them.

They take too long to aim, too long to reload, don't do enough damage, and are not accurate enough.  AmIrite?

Actually the rework left arties horribly unbalanced.  It left some totally useless while making some *cough*M53/55*cough* better than ever.   The low tiers are a compete mess, no damage no, stun, no splash, take a year to aim and get stuck on maps where they can be spotted from the enemy base at spawn.

Edited by Homer_J, 24 January 2019 - 09:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users