• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25612 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

Hi guys,

So a few months back I completed 3 of 4 sets of the Excalibur missions with honors so could use the orders to skip the 4th set and get the tank. Fine, but I don't find myself playing the nations of that 4th set of missions very often(German/Japanese) so all the while I am playing my Russian and U.S., Chinese, Italian tanks etc I can't help but feel I could be breezing through a lot of the Chimera missions but if I activate the Chimera campaign, I am notified that I would lose progress in the Excalibur campaign.

Can someone clarify and expand on what that entails exactly? Does it mean I have to all the way back to the start again or lose all the completed stages I managed to complete with honors or just the German/Japanese missions? What progress exactly am I going to stand to lose?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
You would just lose any progress on any currently running Excalibur missions. It would not reset the entire campaign.

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25612 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 23 January 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

You would just lose any progress on any currently running Excalibur missions. It would not reset the entire campaign.

Ah, so for example, if the current mission I was running was get 5 Aces and I had lets say 3 completed, I would stand to lose those and have to start from zero again, but not have to actually do any missions I already completed. Ok, makes sense

WoT_RU_Doing #4 Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51211 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 23 January 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

Ah, so for example, if the current mission I was running was get 5 Aces and I had lets say 3 completed, I would stand to lose those and have to start from zero again, but not have to actually do any missions I already completed. Ok, makes sense

Correct. On completed missions you only lose the progress on incomplete secondaries. As a result, while I had three nation groups running on the Chimera missions, I was stuck on Excalibur Union-15 because I only had 1 Ace Tanker for about two months. As you only need three, I didn't want to lose the first one, but the primaries would have stayed complete had I chosen to do so.

P.S. I regularly skip back between Excalibur and Chimera to get the Excalibur Honours done when too much Chimera bores me.

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 23 January 2019 - 07:32 PM.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25612 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 23 January 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

Correct. On completed missions you only lose the progress on incomplete secondaries. As a result, while I had three nation groups running on the Chimera missions, I was stuck on Excalibur Union-15 because I only had 1 Ace Tanker for about two months. As you only need three, I didn't want to lose the first one, but the primaries would have stayed complete had I chosen to do so.

P.S. I regularly skip back between Excalibur and Chimera to get the Excalibur Honours done when too much Chimera bores me.

Sounds like a plan. Most Excalibur missions are EZ PZ so that's a big ol "meh..." to losing any bit of progress for 90% of them. The ONLY ones that would force me to reconsider is those God awful "block X amount of damage and yet also be the best for damage caused while also killing 8 tanks and also ramming an SPG while having 6 modules knocked out and finishing top on your team.. and winning" ridiculously dumb dumb twist my nuts sort of missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users