Jump to content


Why WoT players are so toxic?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

seXikanac #1 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:31 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12644 battles
  • 787
  • [-YU-] -YU-
  • Member since:
    09-27-2012

I have extensive multiplayer experience, as Delta Force from 1998. being my first online multiplayer game and I have played almost every good and quite a lot of average and bad multiplayer games. But I never seen toxic players like those in WoT. OK, it might be tier with Ark.

 

And lets be honest, most of those toxic people in game, being toxic in game chat (battle and garage) or forum are ones with good in game stats. Why do those people think that they are god given? For instance I killed this sad person in his fast T-50-2 in long range with my O-I slow gun and he insults me? I'm just much better player than my stats show (as we all know) when Im focused on the game, so why does he and lot of other players feel that they are free to insult me when I kill them? Because I have bad stats?!?

 

BTW he have 1.9k WN8

 

 

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   Screenshot_9.jpg   24.56K

Edited by seXikanac, 24 January 2019 - 02:28 AM.


qpranger #2 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:35 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 34892 battles
  • 5,516
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
No one is being toxic to me. Because I don't use aimbot :)

Edited by qpranger, 24 January 2019 - 01:36 AM.


NoobySkooby #3 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:38 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15779 battles
  • 4,221
  • [DENK] DENK
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

Getting just the same in WoW's so nothing new in fact all games have a level of toxicity, just that way it goes.

 

I'm sure some would be happy to bully people out of a game and I have seen this before in other games, long before I got into the WG scene, usually ends up in death threats and the usual wishing of families being tortured screaming etc etc never mind how empty those threats are. Tends to sour ones view on humanity.



Sorata_ #4 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:45 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11837 battles
  • 189
  • Member since:
    02-20-2014

I've turned off messages from non-friends and in-battle team chat since today. Had a 48% bot spamming the team to report me in a game I had to spot in the E50 because our light was busy sniping with the T49 derp. But apparently I was the one who didn't know how to play and this bot kept calling for all the team to report me. Toxic and irritating to think the automated ban system gets exploited like that.

I just left some colourful words in chat and disabled communication options for good.



NoobySkooby #5 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:47 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15779 battles
  • 4,221
  • [DENK] DENK
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostZezti, on 24 January 2019 - 01:45 AM, said:

I've turned off messages from non-friends and in-battle team chat since today. Had a 48% bot spamming the team to report me in a game I had to spot in the E50 because our light was busy sniping with the T49 derp. But apparently I was the one who didn't know how to play and this bot kept calling for all the team to report me. Toxic and irritating to think the automated ban system gets exploited like that.

I just left some colourful words in chat and disabled communication options for good.

 

Wp sir

Yakito #6 Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:05 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19033 battles
  • 1,375
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
Free to play. This isn't as bad as League of legends, for example.

Some people, especially yellows, love to blame their lack of skill on things like:
- you're in an op noob tank
- you're cheating
- you didn't do what I ordered you to do, which is usually following me to quick death.

Good players often rage because they can't accept defeat. Often they are angry because they have to lose because of some dumb monkey.

Either way, online is frustrating, because you want to hurt your enemy physically and you can't, so you resort to insults.

seXikanac #7 Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:06 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12644 battles
  • 787
  • [-YU-] -YU-
  • Member since:
    09-27-2012

View Postqpranger, on 24 January 2019 - 01:35 AM, said:

No one is being toxic to me. Because I don't use aimbot :)

 

Your stats state otherwise :P
 

View PostNoobySkooby, on 24 January 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

Getting just the same in WoW's so nothing new in fact all games have a level of toxicity, just that way it goes.

 

I'm sure some would be happy to bully people out of a game and I have seen this before in other games, long before I got into the WG scene, usually ends up in death threats and the usual wishing of families being tortured screaming etc etc never mind how empty those threats are. Tends to sour ones view on humanity.

 

Well I hate bullies. And I resemble tank in real life. So you can connect the dots :P
 

View PostZezti, on 24 January 2019 - 01:45 AM, said:

I've turned off messages from non-friends and in-battle team chat since today. Had a 48% bot spamming the team to report me in a game I had to spot in the E50 because our light was busy sniping with the T49 derp. But apparently I was the one who didn't know how to play and this bot kept calling for all the team to report me. Toxic and irritating to think the automated ban system gets exploited like that.

I just left some colourful words in chat and disabled communication options for good.

 

I cant do that because I often prize people when they do good in battle, kill me with skill, etc

malowany #8 Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:31 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5914 battles
  • 561
  • [H-O-A] H-O-A
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011

Because normal people will play the game and just stop at that while all the mentaly unstable individuals with huge ego and all sort of problems  will use every chance to compensate via game for whatever issues they are dealing with. Thats why online games are such a toxic mess, the normal well off happy guy will rarely have a reason to ever open chat.

 

Behind every aggressive hateful little man calling you all the worst things is a bullied kid or very scared and afraid man

 

Behind every stat padder looking down on anyone with worse stats there is a kid failing school or a man failing at his job.

 

 



Kartoshkaya #9 Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25046 battles
  • 463
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015
Welcome to the internet. Don't cry, it'll be fine.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:35 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31237 battles
  • 3,049
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostseXikanac, on 24 January 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

I'm just much better player than my stats show (as we all know) when Im focused on the game, so why does he and lot of other players feel that they are free to insult me when I kill them? Because I have bad stats?!?

 

View PostseXikanac, on 24 January 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Your stats state otherwise :P

 

Either stats are indicative of the ability of a player or they aren't. You can't have it both ways.



Sfinski #11 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:35 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 33521 battles
  • 3,006
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
I got called an aimbot cheater yesterday 'cause I hit 21 shots out of 26 or something. Things like this can make bots yell cheater, they just cannot fathom that some people actually aim their shots...

TankkiPoju #12 Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21685 battles
  • 6,714
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

People are toxic in every multiplayer game. Except maybe games like Warframe because its mainly co-op.

 

WoT has nothing on the salt levels in games like LoL or Dota2.

06:48 Added after 0 minutes

View PostSfinski, on 24 January 2019 - 06:35 AM, said:

I got called an aimbot cheater yesterday 'cause I hit 21 shots out of 26 or something. Things like this can make bots yell cheater, they just cannot fathom that some people actually aim their shots...

 

I miss my Puskajussit aimbot, it seems it no longer works :amazed:

CrazyLovex #13 Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:50 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17802 battles
  • 318
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View Postmalowany, on 24 January 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

Because normal people will play the game and just stop at that while all the mentaly unstable individuals with huge ego and all sort of problems  will use every chance to compensate via game for whatever issues they are dealing with. Thats why online games are such a toxic mess, the normal well off happy guy will rarely have a reason to ever open chat.

 

Behind every aggressive hateful little man calling you all the worst things is a bullied kid or very scared and afraid man

 

Behind every stat padder looking down on anyone with worse stats there is a kid failing school or a man failing at his job.

 

 

 

^This

Early contender for "Comment of the year" :B

 

Accuracy 100



kaneloon #14 Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29496 battles
  • 2,429
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

View PostCrazyLovex, on 24 January 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

 

^This

Early contender for "Comment of the year" :B

 

Accuracy 100

 

He forgot "failing in personnal life", "bullied by his wife" or "divorced with kids at 500 km" ... it is clear we all have big unresolved problems here ...

BrainlessWorm #15 Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:40 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 660 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    07-12-2018

To be honest, up to now I have not seen as much toxic chat with this account compared to back in the day, and I attribute this to still being in the lower tiers.  I have seen however quite a lot of hello's. GL+HF, etc. at the start of the game, probably typical of newer players who have not yet had the hard reality of WOT chat rammed down their throat yet.  The other day, I was in my Nashorn (still relatively stock) on Empires Border, where I have limited experience ( it didn't exist the last time I played), so I warned my team I was stock and stated that I did not know the map yet, could anyone with experience recommend a good supporting spot for tank in this state?  I received a lot of NP's and 2 good suggestions for a suitable location based on where they intended to go.  I went to one of the locations and came second in damage - so there are still many players who will treat another as human being still.

 

As I move back up the tiers, this will probably diminish unfortunately.



Flubber42 #16 Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:49 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 28300 battles
  • 41
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014
As toxicity goes this really on the low end of the scale. If someone calls me a cheater in some way I just say thanks (for the compliment) and :-).

SABAOTH #17 Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:50 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40172 battles
  • 3,494
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostseXikanac, on 24 January 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

I have extensive multiplayer experience, as Delta Force from 1998. being my first online multiplayer game and I have played almost every good and quite a lot of average and bad multiplayer games. But I never seen toxic players like those in WoT. OK, it might be tier with Ark.

 

And lets be honest, most of those toxic people in game, being toxic in game chat (battle and garage) or forum are ones with good in game stats. Why do those people think that they are god given? For instance I killed this sad person in his fast T-50-2 in long range with my O-I slow gun and he insults me?

 

 

 

 

Probably because the game is currently designed to be frustrating: SPG stun, gold and derps are the main factors.

 

It's wrong to get insulted after a match, but don't worry I get it too and I believe everyone gets it, doesn't happen often from better players usually it's poor players insulting me. Just answer something funny, troll them and move on, they can't hurt your fun in chat. :girl:

 

Block Quote

 I'm just much better player than my stats show (as we all know) when Im focused on the game, so why does he and lot of other players feel that they are free to insult me when I kill them? Because I have bad stats?!?

 

BTW he have 1.9k WN8

 

Not wanting to be rude, but this is delusional: You are still newbie so it's pretty much normal to have your ratings, but I recommend you to install Yasen Krasen colored messages mod if you want to keep record of you performances and self evaluate, you can find it on this forums.

 

It will let you understand when you played a match as red, yellow, green, blue or purple efficiency. It's a good way to learn when you were doing the right thing and when you were doing the wrong one, much better than overall xvm stats.

 

There is plenty of mechanics that you need to master, most important spotting and concealment that sounds easy but isn't. Here is a funny video showing what it does imply. :girl:

 



SoupFork #18 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:01 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8362 battles
  • 311
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

2 simple reasons:

 

1) anonymity 

no one knows who you are and you have no idea who you’re talking to, so that removes all the social barriers which would prevent you from acting like this to people in “real life”. Usually the most toxic players are the ones that are the most timid, insecure and scared in real life and they’re ‘compensating’ for that in the “safe space” of anonymity.

 

2) accountability 

Or rather, lack thereof. Most players are under the impression (maybe correcty so?) that you can get away with an insane amount of abuse because the chance of repercussions is perceived as negligible. Because WG doesn’t discuss sanctions, most players never notice anyone been sanctioned. Players also feel that the in-game reporting system is useless, so a lot of abuse remains unreported.

 



CmdPrompt #19 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36040 battles
  • 253
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013

View PostseXikanac, on 24 January 2019 - 02:31 AM, said:

I have extensive multiplayer experience, as Delta Force from 1998. being my first online multiplayer game and I have played almost every good and quite a lot of average and bad multiplayer games. But I never seen toxic players like those in WoT. OK, it might be tier with Ark.

 

And lets be honest, most of those toxic people in game, being toxic in game chat (battle and garage) or forum are ones with good in game stats. Why do those people think that they are god given? For instance I killed this sad person in his fast T-50-2 in long range with my O-I slow gun and he insults me? I'm just much better player than my stats show (as we all know) when Im focused on the game, so why does he and lot of other players feel that they are free to insult me when I kill them? Because I have bad stats?!?

 

BTW he have 1.9k WN8

 

 

 

 

Were you shooting gold? Cause i would have said much much worse if you shot gold at me.



wsatnutter #20 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:19 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 25844 battles
  • 8,726
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

I was once called a jewish cheating lesbian

and I laughed hard






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users