So what is so personal about Fame points?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

RockyRoller #1 Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34998 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

I've been looking at my score, clan score and other clan scores and I see very little personal achievements in it.

What there seems to be is an overall clan score per battle and if you were in that battle you get the teams collective fame points which get called clan Fame points. And if you weren't in that battle you don't. But I'm not seeing anything called personal Fame. Which might be a player being man of the match and getting 10 red team kills or 10 red team spots or highest individual exp or highest individual damage. 

So what is Personal Fame when it looks all collective?

Soup_Potato #2 Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles
CW matches are a group effort so it makes more sense to reward the team equally.

RockyRoller #3 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34998 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

It just seems a bit of a misrepresentation to claim its about personal effort when the only personal way to affect fame is to buy % addons with fame points earned by clan participation. 

Is this a language issue, don't Russians know the meaning of the word personal is singular and what they mean is the group when they say personal.

Pansenmann #4 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34918 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I am sorry, but what are fame points, what are they used for and where do I See mine?

fwhaatpiraat #5 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51038 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
It means that being part of the best clan won't automatically give you the tank. You need to grind enough fame points yourself. And ofcourse you have influence on your own points by getting multipliers.

eldrak #6 Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49371 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

Its designed that way to make the players follow orders better from the commander instead of sniping from the back for personal gain.

If a tank is sent as bait or suicide scout the player isn't penalized for it.

RockyRoller #7 Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34998 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostPansenmann, on 24 January 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

I am sorry, but what are fame points, what are they used for and where do I See mine?

if you are having a romp on the global map you get fame points if you win or lose. More battles you do, more points you gain. Click on your name in the clan membership page and then the profile and you get to see your points so far. With these you can buy some minor things at our skill level, but its still cool.

Honestly if the dingers can get the numbers online its a bit of a larf having the whole clan doing the same fight with you, and even if your awful you get a chance of a item to buy.

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 24 January 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

It means that being part of the best clan won't automatically give you the tank. You need to grind enough fame points yourself. And ofcourse you have influence on your own points by getting multipliers.

well it only seems if you get in the 15 per fight that matters at that level, nothing to do with 'skill' more about Clan politics of who gets picked & who doesn't on the day. 

I think the messed up, clan fame is team fame and personal fame should have been based of the individual exp, so you get both. Guess the maths was too hard going by all the bugs happening

fighting_falcon93 #8 Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32161 battles
Imagine what would happen if players got individual points. Commanders would tell a player to do something risky/campy and the player would refuse as it would put his individual points at risk. In organized battles like these, players already do their best, so there's no point in giving extra rewards to the one that did the most, because the only thing that matters is the victory.

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 25 January 2019 - 12:29 AM.

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51038 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRockyRoller, on 25 January 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

well it only seems if you get in the 15 per fight that matters at that level, nothing to do with 'skill' more about Clan politics of who gets picked & who doesn't on the day. 

I think the messed up, clan fame is team fame and personal fame should have been based of the individual exp, so you get both. Guess the maths was too hard going by all the bugs happening

If you never get picked it might be because you're not contributing enough to the team, have the wrong tanks or are just new in the clan to farm some rewards. If they don't pick you because they don't like you I would leave the clan, since it wouldn't make much sense to stay.

Imagine how much struggles there would be when you get rewarded for the amount of fame points. Just imagine. People getting mad at eachother because they get more xp/fame points, "because they camped and didn't share hp, etc."

So basically you have to be in the team and win. It's that simple.

Soup_Potato #10 Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostRockyRoller, on 25 January 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

I don't know what kind of clans you've been in but I haven't had any problem getting battles, even as a mercenary amongst people I don't know. Currently we run teams on certain maps and rotate the roles that don't require too much knowledge or are in packs (meds and heavies). Light tanks and arties are played by roughly the same people.

Honestly if the points were given from individual effort, it would be just horrible and people wouldn't pick certain tanks to play. Heavy and medium packs are a great example of why it wouldn't work. When you make a push, someone has to be first. If players start to avoid the duty of being first, it will ruin the tactic. I've been in those situations ending the game with 1k damage because enemy team actually knew focus fire. What I get is that you don't really have experience with CW and how teamwork and roles work in them.

Geno1isme #11 Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

General

• Player
  • 44913 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

You just read way too much into the term "personal" here. All it means is that stuff is linked to your account, you could just as well replace it with "individual". Not just in this case, but basically whenever you encounter the term "personal" in WoT. What you're describing would be called "personalized".

The key is that it is different from clan-FP in several aspects.

arthurwellsley #12 Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52715 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostRockyRoller, on 24 January 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

I've been looking at my score, clan score and other clan scores and I see very little personal achievements in it.

What there seems to be is an overall clan score per battle and if you were in that battle you get the teams collective fame points which get called clan Fame points. And if you weren't in that battle you don't. But I'm not seeing anything called personal Fame. Which might be a player being man of the match and getting 10 red team kills or 10 red team spots or highest individual exp or highest individual damage. 

If you use this site = https://volknn.ru/

you can put in your clan name and search clan players.

Then look at the number of games played and compare the number of personal Fame points of players with the same number of games played in the "Soldiers of Fortune" campaign. You will see that there are very slight differences in the number of personal Fame points for players who have exactly the same number of battles. The differences are slight. However the campaign is only four nights old and there are another ten nights to run. The differences are accounted for in either wins/losses, or possibly one player did more spotting & damage combined than another player on the same battle count.

In your clan OP, as an example, NR-NS there are five players who have played in 7 battles in the campaign. Their personal Fame points are 232,231,231,231, & 182

Edited by arthurwellsley, 25 January 2019 - 09:43 AM.

RockyRoller #13 Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34998 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 24 January 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

If you never get picked it might be because you're not contributing enough to the team, have the wrong tanks or are just new in the clan to farm some rewards. If they don't pick you because they don't like you I would leave the clan, since it wouldn't make much sense to stay.

Imagine how much struggles there would be when you get rewarded for the amount of fame points. Just imagine. People getting mad at eachother because they get more xp/fame points, "because they camped and didn't share hp, etc."

So basically you have to be in the team and win. It's that simple.

then WG should not advertise the Fame as individually earned when clearly until someone demonstrates other wise, it is team earned.

no I've been in MMO raids where the right class gets picked first, and even in one guild where the raid leader of the event clearly invited their click first. Its tribalism and very human.

There are two levels isn't there, win = large Fame bonus, lose = very small Fame. So a team would rather win than lose regardless of personal Fame points. But add personal Fame based on something (exp scores for example) will reflect something other than the team. By having both you are looking at two types of play style which is what nearly all professional teams do in their reward managements. Like the football who scores get the free sports car and there is no reason the goal keeper can't play that long shot for a goal.

RockyRoller #14 Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34998 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View Postarthurwellsley, on 25 January 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

If you use this site = https://volknn.ru/

you can put in your clan name and search clan players.

Then look at the number of games played and compare the number of personal Fame points of players with the same number of games played in the "Soldiers of Fortune" campaign. You will see that there are very slight differences in the number of personal Fame points for players who have exactly the same number of battles. The differences are slight. However the campaign is only four nights old and there are another ten nights to run. The differences are accounted for in either wins/losses, or possibly one player did more spotting & damage combined than another player on the same battle count.

In your clan OP, as an example, NR-NS there are five players who have played in 7 battles in the campaign. Their personal Fame points are 232,231,231,231, & 182

hmm the plot thickens

there is an obvious difference in battles fought vs points in their bank, and I think I might be able to explain why

Not all wins or lost battles give the same number of Fame point reward. 

When we first started both loses were worth 14 points for attendance, but now each loss is going down in attendance value. So it might well be more down to one being in a better Fame award and the next in a lower Fame award for a team fight. So I still see no real individual effort being rewarded unless just being online is part of it. Wouldn't surprise me.

Going to save that page as it looks fun to see what others are getting in this puzzle of what WG devs and marketing regards as individual play.

arthurwellsley #15 Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52715 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostRockyRoller, on 24 January 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

On further looking at the rules here =

I found that within the calculation the more exp that the team gets, the more exp that the individual player gets. This means you need to think about maximising exp. In my limited experience of these battles we seem to get more experience on a win, when we lose fewer members of our own team. I am not sure whether it is worth winning by capping or winning by destroying all fifteen of the enemy team.

Detailed rules =https://worldoftanks...ons/#famepoints

[edit there is a formula in there which is coming up in white type, I have tried to alter it into a different colour but it's not playing nicely with the forum, so if you cannot read the white formula go to the above link where it has a black background]

8. Fame Points

8.1. Within the Soldiers of Fortune, clans compete for Fame Points to claim the most valuable rewards of the event.

8.2. Both clans and players earn Fame Points in battles.

8.3. In one battle, all players of a team earn the same amount of Fame Points that is affected by the coefficient of a Personal Bonus that is individual for each player.

8.4. The formula for calculating Fame Points earned in battles:

Where:

• Fame_Points—Fame Points earned in battle.
  • Fame_points_base—the basic number of Fame Points at the Basic front equals to 1,500,
  • Battle_type_c—battle type multiplier.
  • Event_value_c—game event multiplier -1.
  • Еlo_c—Elo rating multiplier, corresponds to the front Elo rating for Tier X vehicles.
  • Team_XP—the amount of experience the team has earned in the battle.
  • Battle_XP—the total amount of experience the teams have earned in the battle.
  • Team_size—the set team size—15 players.
  • Bonus_р—the multiplier provided by active bonuses for Fame Points earned in battles (different for clans and players)
  • Technology_р—the multiplier provided by active technologies for Fame Points earned in battles (for clans only)
  • Battle type multiplier (Battle_type_c)

Edited by arthurwellsley, 26 January 2019 - 04:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users