Bush

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Byggherren_Mars #1 Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9557 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

This has been happening consistently whenever i get into bushes; the bush is probably not modelled properly but it keeps frustrating me to no end.

Context is here: http://wotreplays.eu.../4746390#stats 

A minute or two in when i die you'll see what i'm on about.

Discontinued #2 Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

Yeah that happens sometimes, 

Usually on Fridays,

satakuua #3 Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11444 battles
  • [HKI] HKI
OP is drunk?

Balc0ra #4 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Just because you are behind a bush, don't mean your camo raiting is 100% and you will never get spotted. As you were not 15m behind it. You were inside it. And before you backed off. Your front poked out, that might have exposed the spot dot on your lower plate. So when you are in a bush like that. Vs targets less then 250m away. It's not a dead given you will remain unspotted. Even more so if your camo skills are bleow 100%, as you did not have 6th sense. 

That and you stood to the far rigth of the bush. As a light camping D4 can see your rear end between the gap the bush and the ridgline made next to you. I've spotted many a TD sitting behind that same bush coming down the exact same road many times before. So it might not even be the meds on middle road that did fire on you that spotted you first. Type 64 was spotted below you shortly after. He could have moved up there behind the bush on your lower right as you came up. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 January 2019 - 06:24 PM.

Soup_Potato #5 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles
First off, you went into one of the most obvious places to go in a TD, you most likely got spotted already crossing there. Secondly, the enemy Type 64 could have easily reached the bush at D4 next to the rock before you got there and spotted you through the gap between the bush and the rocks on your right.

ThinGun #6 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36815 battles
Clearly everyone else is using some illegal hack.

wsatnutter #7 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:26 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25844 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

does not compute

Balc0ra #8 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSoup_Potato, on 24 January 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

First off, you went into one of the most obvious places to go in a TD, you most likely got spotted already crossing there. Secondly, the enemy Type 64 could have easily reached the bush at D4 next to the rock before you got there and spotted you through the gap between the bush and the rocks on your right.

​I highly doubt the 12t or the E25 spotted him. As between that spot and his spot, the tree tops give a double bush effect. P43 perhaps. But D4 bush is a possible cause. As he got there in 50 seconds. Type 64 can get to that point faster then that. And we have no idea about his movements before he got spotted later. 

This is why you ask the enemy for the replay. So you can get a better idea of what went wrong. Vs just blaming the mechanics or the bush of being broken. It's not like the old airfield bush or the bush on Fishermans bay most are iffy over. But on that last one I suspect it's more the buildings/windows then the bush. 

As I've counter spotted from that bush many times without getting spotted. Tho hugging the rock, not the far right side. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 January 2019 - 06:33 PM.

Soup_Potato #9 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 January 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

P43 perhaps.

Tho hugging the rock, not the far right side. 

The P43 position is the one you spot anyone crossing. I wasn't talking about the other spots and assumed people would know what I meant as it's widely known position.

And indeed, one has to stay closer to the rock and take a shorter route to the bush, not as wide as OP did and exposed himself to the D4 bush. 6th sense would help understand this but I hope OP learned from this experience. Doubt we'll see him back here though.

Edited by Soup_Potato, 24 January 2019 - 06:45 PM.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSoup_Potato, on 24 January 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

The P43 position is the one you spot anyone crossing. I wasn't talking about the other spots and assumed people would know what I meant as it's widely known position.

And indeed, one has to stay closer to the rock and take a shorter route to the bush, not as wide as OP did and exposed himself to the D4 bush. 6th sense would help understand this but I hope OP learned from this experience. Doubt we'll see him back here though.

​Well he got spotted before going up at the crossing. He would be despotted going around.  As that tank is so slow going up that small hill. But he could be spotted again even before he parked there. But without 6th sense to count back with. Who knows. 

Byggherren_Mars #11 Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9557 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View PostThinGun, on 24 January 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

Clearly everyone else is using some illegal hack.

I did not state this at any point, but when i'm running a 32% camo vehicle with a low profile behind a bush i would expect not to be spotted when i can sit in that exact same spot in a heavy tank completely fine. Not saying it's impossible for the enemy to have been in a location to see above the bushes, but it's highly unlikely.

View PostSoup_Potato, on 24 January 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

I have genuinely never seen a Swedish TD run that spot ever, save for possibly a 103b that got destroyed when our mediums ran off. Most TD's i see on this map only move to that spot mid game once the corner has been cleared so they don't risk getting proxy spotted. 

pecopad #12 Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25455 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Go to a training room and check it out. If it is a problem with the bush you will be able to figure it out.

And yes, there are problems with some bushes.

If you have problems finding someone to help you, just PM me and I'll go into a training room with you.

One thing that always puzzled me, if you are standing behind a bush, and the other tank is also standing behind a bush, shouldn't that count has double bush?

Edited by pecopad, 25 January 2019 - 04:06 PM.

Byggherren_Mars #13 Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9557 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View Postpecopad, on 25 January 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

Go to a training room and check it out. If it is a problem with the bush you will be able to figure it out.

And yes, there are problems with some bushes.

If you have problems finding someone to help you, just PM me and I'll go into a training room with you.

One thing that always puzzled me, if you are standing behind a bush, and the other tank is also standing behind a bush, shouldn't that count has double bush?

Yeah, admittedly i did make this post in a rush to let out my frustration. But i do know some bushes that have some real problems, f.e the bushes on hill on old prokhorovka (might still be the same problem on new haven't tried it out properly) had a problem when you crested the edge (further than 15 meters away) and you would still get spotted by tanks sitting on the other side of the hill. Likely because the bush wasn't perfectly aligned with the ground.

and i can't say i have tried "double bushing" with a bush right infront of me and another 50+ meters away so i have no idea how to answer that question.

Edited by Byggherren_Mars, 25 January 2019 - 09:15 PM.

Also tagged with Bush

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users