Transfering crews

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Froztero #1 Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8531 battles
OK,im not sure if this is the right place to post this topic and this was probably discussed a lot of times before,but i have a question about the crews most of the people are using.For example i was grinding the IS.Got the IS-3 and transferred the crew on it.If I buy the IS-M is it preferrable to start with a new crew on it since my used crew from the IS is now on IS-3,or i should use the crew from IS-3.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well if you are done with the IS-3 and won't keep it. Sure. But playing a tier 8 HT with a 75% crew is not ideal either way if they lack repair etc. 

I see you lack crew trainers for Russian tanks in general. So I suspect crew training is not a valid option? Unless you want to train some with repair on the T-45. So then you more or less have to do a base crew on one of them if you are grinding both. Unless there are crews you don't use on other tanks you can transfer and retrain. 

If you have to use a base crew on one of them, and nothing else is an option for you. I would say the use them on the IS-3. As the IS-M it's less forgiving out of the two, and def needs a crew with repair. 

Froztero #3 Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8531 battles
Thank you for your response.So i i will need different crews for them and since i dont have any russian premiums(i guess i cant play light,i will need heavy premium eventually) does it really matter if im playing IS-6 or Churchill III for example(i guess since they are different tier the exp farm will be different and i will need more time with the Churchill)?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostFroztero, on 25 January 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

Thank you for your response.So i i will need different crews for them and since i dont have any russian premiums(i guess i cant play light,i will need heavy premium eventually) does it really matter if im playing IS-6 or Churchill III for example(i guess since they are different tier the exp farm will be different and i will need more time with the Churchill)?

Low tier premiums have higher coefficient of battle experience so both, the Churchill and the IS-6, will train a crew in about the same number of battles. For example, if you need 2k battles to train a 3 skills crew in the IS-6, you'll need almost the same amount of battles in the Churchill.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 25 January 2019 - 02:13 PM.

StinkyStonky #5 Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30802 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Basically with only one crew you can only play 1 tank at a time.  This is very restrictive an tiresome.  You should only ever put good crews in high tier tanks and should grind new crews in low tiers and premium tanks.

Whenever you start a grind you should plan ahead how many crews you think you'll need.

When you went through the T-26 (Tier 2 light) you could see that it would be possible to grind through to 6 different Tier 10s (K-91, 705A, IS 7, IS 277, KV4 and Obj 261).  It's also possible to see that some of the other tiers might be keepers (IS 3, IS, KV 2, etc, etc).

So at some point, say when you bought the KV 1S, you should have put a brand new crew in it.  The when you bought the KV85 and T 150 you should move your tier 5 crew up and put brand new crews in your tier 5s.  If you then decided that you wanted to keep the T 150 but not the KV 85 you move the KV 85 crew up to the IS, but with the KV 1/T-150/KV3 you move the 150 crew to the KV3, the KV1 crew to the 150 and put a new crew in the KV1.  By this pointy you'll have 5 crews (still not enough for all the Tier 10s and keepers).

Never put a brand new crew in a tank above Tier 6. 

Homer_J #6 Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFroztero, on 25 January 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

OK,im not sure if this is the right place to post this topic and this was probably discussed a lot of times before,but i have a question about the crews most of the people are using.For example i was grinding the IS.Got the IS-3 and transferred the crew on it.If I buy the IS-M is it preferrable to start with a new crew on it since my used crew from the IS is now on IS-3,or i should use the crew from IS-3.

In this case I would have planned ahead.  Probably kept  the KV-1 or KV-85 and started a fresh crew in there and trained them up.  Then when I unlocked the first tank from the IS they would be ready to go in it, keeping the IS crew for the 2nd line.

View PostFroztero, on 25 January 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

They will probably both train crews about the same.  The Churchill has an exp multiplier which no other tanks have plus the higher multiplier for it being low tier but it has an extra crew who will probably take up all the accelerated crew training.  It is a lot cheaper though.

Edited by Homer_J, 25 January 2019 - 02:42 PM.

tank276 #7 Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52039 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostFroztero, on 25 January 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

.If I buy the IS-M is it preferrable to start with a new crew on it since my used crew from the IS is now on IS-3,or i should use the crew from IS-3.

For me, dont grind both lines.

Move up the is3 line to is7 and move your crew to the highest tier each time, the game becomes too complicated in high tiers to have a low crew on them.

Cheers

Froztero #8 Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8531 battles
Thank you all for the time and advices.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users