THIS IS NOT HOW CARS WORK

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PervyPastryPuffer #1 Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32064 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I've played a bit on the test server last night...

When my EBR is stationary, if I press a button to turn, I expect the wheels to just turn left or right, BUT the tank moves forward aswell?!?!

This is not how cars work, it is an extremely counter-intuitive control scheme. Furthermore, as I have "Reverse Inversion" enabled (which everyone should have enabled because that's how normal tanks actually turn in real life) if I press left, a normal tank turns counter-clockwise whether or not I am moving forwards or reversing, this is exactly how it should be, BUT, wheeled tanks are...doing the same???

With Reverse Inversion enabled on wheeled vehicles, for example you're driving forward while holding A (turning) and your wheels obviously turn left, BUT if you start reversing while holding A, your wheels will turn RIGHT, and you'll still be turning anti-clockwise but...IT MAKES NO SENSE WITH WHEELS!!

Honestly, it's extremely confusing, whoever coded these wheeled vehicles' handling into the game has NEVER driven a car in their life, I swear to God, your lack of wheel knowledge is worse than the cavemen who invented it.

Fix it for ****'* sake, I don't understand how nobody's complained about it yet, like, what the heck?

12:31 Added after 1 minute
Reverse Inversion should be disabled for wheeled vehicles, is what I'm trying to say, and don't let the tank move forward when I press a turn button...PLEASE....

DracheimFlug #2 Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9756 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 26 January 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

Fix it for ****'* sake, I don't understand how nobody's complained about it yet, like, what the heck?

Maybe because in a game where a lot of tracked vehicles maneuver like sports cars without throwing tracks and tracks (and wheels) can be repaired instantly from within the safety of the vehicle's hull, it is less significant a thing to most players? 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68661 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 26 January 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

BUT if you start reversing while holding A, your wheels will turn RIGHT, and you'll still be turning anti-clockwise but...IT MAKES NO SENSE WITH WHEELS!!

I get what you are saying. But this in an arcade game. Not a sim game. It's done like that to keep it simple for most. I suspect I know why. 

As every tank that reverses drives like that. As in you have to think opposite with A and D. Inc the Archer. And that's what most are used to. Thus I did not think to much about it when I got the tier 8 rental reversing out. It was as I was used to tbh. If they suddenly made it right on those tanks vs the rest. I suspect more would notice and complain either way. 

azakow #4 Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79051 battles

Why not give your feedback in the respective CT server section?

Just an idea.

:amazed:

PervyPastryPuffer #5 Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32064 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 January 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

I get what you are saying. But this in an arcade game. Not a sim game. It's done like that to keep it simple for most. I suspect I know why. 

As every tank that reverses drives like that. As in you have to think opposite with A and D. Inc the Archer. And that's what most are used to. Thus I did not think to much about it when I got the tier 8 rental reversing out. It was as I was used to tbh. If they suddenly made it right on those tanks vs the rest. I suspect more would notice and complain either way. 

I'd prefer an option in settings to turn it off for wheeled tanks then, that should satisfy everyone.

View Postazakow, on 26 January 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Why not give your feedback in the respective CT server section?

Just an idea.

:amazed:

Good point, though I wonder if I should do that by posting another thread there or asking a mod to move this one...moving it seems more reasonable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users