This could improve gameplay experience

mm matchmaking skill

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: This could improve gameplay experience (52 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Yes, even more stricter (1 vote [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

3. Yes, but bit less punishing (1 vote [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

4. No (23 votes [44.23%])

Percentage of vote: 44.23%

5. No, add random insult (23 votes [44.23%])

Percentage of vote: 44.23%

Vote Hide poll

HunAnon #1 Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11102 battles

What if the players who get the least amount of experience (or 3 lowest) in a battle (or do 0 damage), two times in a row, would be forced for a few (5-10) games to play with lower tiers (at least one tier lower), so if someone sucks, they would be forced to play some more at lower tiers, instead of shitting up higher tiers?

They could get a message after game that "practice more", and they would be forced to play lower tiers (even down to tier I if needed) for a couple of games. Eventually they should get better, or at least care more. Opinions?

unhappy_bunny #2 Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18876 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Question for you OP, Would you be happy to be forced down the tiers?

What does 2 in a row 0 dmg really show? Do you take into consideration a stock tank for instance? Just bad luck? Suddened lag?

Arty focus? or 101 other things that could cause a couple of bad games?

wEight_Tanker #3 Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9114 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 26 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

What does 2 in a row 0 dmg really show? Do you take into consideration a stock tank for instance? Just bad luck? Suddened lag?

Arty focus? or 101 other things that could cause a couple of bad games?

Totally agreed. Not even the best players can keep up if RNGesus suddenly becomes wrathful.

LordMuffin #4 Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
No, I don't agree.

But I do think that being inactive for a majority of the battle should end in some kind of punishment (ban), at least if it happens more then 1 time in every 100 battles.

Same for players who suicide in beginning (driving straight across the map and die).

Homer_J #5 Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 26 January 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

You know the drill, it's not the OP's fault that he gets bad stats, it's all those bad teams he has had in every one of his 9449 battles, duh.

SABAOTH #6 Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostHunAnon, on 26 January 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

What if the players who get the least amount of experience (or 3 lowest) in a battle (or do 0 damage), two times in a row, would be forced for a few (5-10) games to play with lower tiers (at least one tier lower), so if someone sucks, they would be forced to play some more at lower tiers, instead of shitting up higher tiers?

They could get a message after game that "practice more", and they would be forced to play lower tiers (even down to tier I if needed) for a couple of games. Eventually they should get better, or at least care more. Opinions?

You are awre you are going to get this message quite often?

Just saying :coin:

Robbie_T #7 Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17766 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

No

Although Rngesus hit me hard this weekend saturday 40% and sunday 20%! i got to say no.

I dont know how WG gonna fix the MM ....

Because those people in the weekends and events are so trash not even the most advanced system cant make anything with those players.

During mo/till thursday MM is pretty al right and fun games.win or loss.

But as soon the weekend hits or a special event is on .....those morrons come out of there holes and ruining the whole experience.

Like whole week i was between 50 and 55% winrate with one day even 80%.

But the weekend hits 20% winrate......now thats a big difference.(and you can already tell if you look general chat in the weekends).

But what they can fix are those people who take 4 min to load in to the game (always ya top tier) that happends to much ban them for a couple of hours.

And make the report system actually work.

Was in a 3 man platoon last week with another random 2 man platoon.....1 random medium morron started to harrash the tds pushing them ect you know the S.

me and my 2 platoon mates reported him.....the random 2 platoon sayd they reported him..and some tds's reported him.....coupple of games later i see the same dude doing the same thing!.

so only with  the platoons and a tds thats 6 people who reported him and nothing happend.

And Wg should allow some form of name and shame (watch Claus kellermann)and ban all those guys in those (complete)replays!

And should be allowed here on the forum also if someone dose that of behavior (not if someone is just bad)but intentionally pushing  people shooting them ect.

But whole replay not the 1 min he did that to you but the whole replay of the match.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Instead of that, I'd rather like to see a progress system that keeps the bad players in the lower and mid tiers until they managed to learn the very basics of the game. Dedicated missions for every tier and class and maybe even the option to bypass some of them with the use of gold.
Nothing fancy, just to put off and delay the inevitable.
But maybe that can turn some bad players into better players, which would be a win.

OreH75 #9 Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50155 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

My opinion is you should practice more.

Wintermute_1 #10 Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46385 battles

In the lower tiers every team would have an actual bot as top tier.

Tijsbeek993 #11 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9739 battles
  • [JOM] JOM

The point is that your now crying because a bad team if you aren't good aswell.
600WN8 on Tiger 
That's not good that's bad.
There are bad people. You need to DEAL with it.
The point that your blaiming your team the hole time means that you are by yourself bad.
Yes the team isn't great. But im sure 90% of the team is as good as you are.

Why not make it that people like you must get forced to play low tiers a few battles. Like 3000 battles.

Rati_Festa #12 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45654 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Interesting how some of the forumites, immediately start pointing at the poster's stats rather than his suggestion. As anyone thought he might be happy to accept his punishment?

He posts a reasonable worded non ranty thread and is then vilified because he isn't stellar at the game. His idea although not perfect would help the game imo as it would purge all the 0 skill bots at t10.

Homer_J #13 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRati_Festa, on 28 January 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

His idea although not perfect would help the game imo as it would purge all the 0 skill bots at t10.

I don't want them purging because then I will be the 0 skill bot at tier X.

malachi6 #14 Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50920 battles

OP.  Do you have any idea what empathy is?

Scenario.  You sit down to play but you are a little tired or distracted.  You have three bad games, not because you are a bad player but because of something else.

Scenario two.  You are on a low or fixed income and are playing on very old equipment.  this often causes you to not do as well as you like.

Scenario three.  You have a disability that affects your ability to play but you do enjoy video games and it is a way to forget about your issues for a while.

Scenario four.  You are a financial whale.  Your income far exceeds you expenses and you you throw money at the game like it is confetti. All of this is to no avail as you have no actual ability.

Pick one of the above.  Imagine that is you who is in it and then consider your suggestion. 

gpalsson #15 Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 23508 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I guess I have to post a random insult now.

Brain dead idea.

Geno1isme #16 Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 44889 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Nope. Even a Super-Unicum can have two bad matches in a row. And forcing people into lower tiers arbitrary isn't teaching them anything either, but just creates frustration.

View PostJigabachi, on 28 January 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

Instead of that, I'd rather like to see a progress system that keeps the bad players in the lower and mid tiers until they managed to learn the very basics of the game. Dedicated missions for every tier and class and maybe even the option to bypass some of them with the use of gold.

Well, easiest (not best) option to achieve a similar effect would be to only unlock T6+ tanks if one reaches certain stats on its predecessor like avg base XP over 20 battles (or has already unlocked a T6+ tank of the same class).

Edited by Geno1isme, 28 January 2019 - 03:37 PM.

Rati_Festa #17 Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45654 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postmalachi6, on 28 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

OP.  Do you have any idea what empathy is?

Scenario.  You sit down to play but you are a little tired or distracted.  You have three bad games, not because you are a bad player but because of something else.

Scenario two.  You are on a low or fixed income and are playing on very old equipment.  this often causes you to not do as well as you like.

Scenario three.  You have a disability that affects your ability to play but you do enjoy video games and it is a way to forget about your issues for a while.

Scenario four.  You are a financial whale.  Your income far exceeds you expenses and you you throw money at the game like it is confetti. All of this is to no avail as you have no actual ability.

Pick one of the above.  Imagine that is you who is in it and then consider your suggestion. 

Scenario 1 - should just play at lower tiers. So Ops idea works there.

Scenario 2 - should play something else or at lower tiers. Op idea works there.

Scenario 3 - notice Op didnt say ban anyone from the game. Play at a level you can compete, I dont see any disabled premiership footballers but I do see them playing at paraolympics against similar athletes. Op idea works here too.

Scenario 4 - lol, like anyone cares about this numpty? Op idea works there too.

With regard to "empathy" isnt it more caring/nice to place players at the level they play rather than throwing them in the deep end? What empathy are we seeing in game when they are being owned for 0 dmg every game?

If players consistently play at a level they fail at what good is it doing anyone?

Homer_J #18 Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRati_Festa, on 28 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

If players consistently play at a level they fail at what good is it doing anyone?

As long as they are on the red team then it's doing me a world of good. :great:

And it's 15 chances they will be there with only 14 at worst that they will be on mine.:coin:

In fact if they are on my team they aren't stealing my damage so that's good too. :great:

PowJay #19 Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37047 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 28 January 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

Interesting how some of the forumites, immediately start pointing at the poster's stats rather than his suggestion. As anyone thought he might be happy to accept his punishment?

He posts a reasonable worded non ranty thread and is then vilified because he isn't stellar at the game. His idea although not perfect would help the game imo as it would purge all the 0 skill bots at t10.

You make a reasonable point that maybe he would be prepared to accept the punishment, but I take some exception to the "reasonable worded non ranty" part. I think that certain words indicate the tone of the post and I don't think that it is entirely "non-ranty"

What others are trying to say, OP, is that you are one of these players who is "shitting up" the higher tiers. Your performance is not stellar, and you appear to be part of the problem not the solution. What they are also suggesting is that you are blaming the teams for this performance and not looking at the first thing you should consider: YOU.

Me? I didn't say anything. I am just translating forum-speak.

Rati_Festa #20 Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45654 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostASPowJay, on 28 January 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

You make a reasonable point that maybe he would be prepared to accept the punishment, but I take some exception to the "reasonable worded non ranty" part. I think that certain words indicate the tone of the post and I don't think that it is entirely "non-ranty"

What others are trying to say, OP, is that you are one of these players who is "shitting up" the higher tiers. Your performance is not stellar, and you appear to be part of the problem not the solution. What they are also suggesting is that you are blaming the teams for this performance and not looking at the first thing you should consider: YOU.

Me? I didn't say anything. I am just translating forum-speak.

I don't see a rant, he states a scenario we all see too often. Then suggests the game could guide players out of their depth in the right direction.

If a high skill forum regular posted something similar they wouldn't have received some of the responses. Jigabachi responded well and he actually joined the conversation. As the poster would fall into this group of players perhaps, It makes him a more relevant poster on this subject does it not? He is actually posting something that would help him, perhaps he has just reflected on his last session of games, realised his and others constant mistake ( playing high tier games like bots ) and thought of a solution.

Also tagged with mm, matchmaking, skill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users