Jump to content


Crew XP questions(How they stack etc)

experience crew xp xp

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Boozfob #1 Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6661 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    04-22-2014

I recently came back from a long break and now theres personal reserves and alot of missions and im not sure how they stack.

 

Im currently grinding the centurion line, I am on the centurion 1 and im thinking about getting the fv4202 since its on sale and i want to buy 30day premium anyway, but when you buy it you also get some personal reserves and some missions.

 

Block Quote

 

  • 15×missions: x5 XP for each victory;
  • Personal Reserves: +300% Crew XP for 2 hours.

 

 

Basically what i am wondering is how do these things stack.

 

Premium account

Premium vehicle

Accelerated crew training

300% crew xp bonus

50% xp bonus

The 15 5xp missions

The xp fever mission for tier 8s

 

and how do the 15 missions that give 5x xp work with accelerated crew training?

 

Would it be better to not use the accelerated crew training right now since "1 Free XP for 10 Crew XP (instead of 5), for free" is active now anyway, and i could then also choose which crew member to use it on?



azakow #2 Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 79051 battles
  • 4,937
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

Have a read here:

http://forum.worldof...s-crew-xp-guide



Homer_J #3 Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • 32,834
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBoozfob, on 26 January 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

Would it be better to not use the accelerated crew training right now since "1 Free XP for 10 Crew XP (instead of 5), for free" is active now anyway, and i could then also choose which crew member to use it on?

 

"For free" if you already have the exp as free exp.  Not for free if you have to convert it to free exp first.

 

IMO it's a pretty bad deal even at the better rate.



TankSchmidt #4 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:24 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24426 battles
  • 9,124
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-03-2011

View Postazakow, on 26 January 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

 

For the OP:

In case something is unclear or you miss any information in that guide, you can either ask here or in that thread. There are plenty of nice people around that will help you :great: And if there is a need to correct/amend the guide I will happily do so :)

Boozfob #5 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6661 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    04-22-2014

View PostTankSchmidt, on 26 January 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

 

For the OP:

In case something is unclear or you miss any information in that guide, you can either ask here or in that thread. There are plenty of nice people around that will help you :great: And if there is a need to correct/amend the guide I will happily do so :)

 

Currently reading through it between games. A calculator would be really helpful, might try to make one some time. (Couldnt find a good one with google)

 

The only question i have right now is where would the 5x xp mission be calculated?



Homer_J #6 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • 32,834
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBoozfob, on 26 January 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

 

The only question i have right now is where would the 5x xp mission be calculated?

 

It's easier to think of x5 as +400%, x2 as +100%, etc. but there are exceptions as outlined in the guide under "how stacking works".



Boozfob #7 Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:35 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6661 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    04-22-2014

So im trying to figure this out but i dont really understand. If i complete a 5x xp mission, is that calculated to total tank xp which is then used as the base in calculating crew xp?

If thats not the case, getting that 5x on a tank when accelerated training is enabled wouldnt make a diffrence, right? Since accelerated training doubles crew xp (Before i thought accelerated meant tank xp was given to a crew member)



TankSchmidt #8 Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:56 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24426 battles
  • 9,124
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-03-2011

View PostBoozfob, on 26 January 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

So im trying to figure this out but i dont really understand. If i complete a 5x xp mission, is that calculated to total tank xp which is then used as the base in calculating crew xp?

 

Short answer: yes.

 

Long answer: the „x5“ is a +400% tank xp boost based on the base xp. So indeed all the crewmembers benefit from it.

 

And just as a small example: if you get 750 base XP, with the „x5“ mission that gives you a total of 3.750 tank XP and crew XP. With the 3.750 crew XP, the crewmember with accelerated crew training will get twice that: 7.500. Which is really a lot for one battle.

 

If you use an additional +200% crew XP boost, the crew would get 5.250 crew XP (3.750 tank XP plus 2x 750 crew XP from the booster). Which means the accelerated crewmember gets 10.500 crew XP! And just to be clear: without accelerated crew training the tank would get 5.250 XP that ... just idles around until you convert it to free XP with gold (aka „real monies“ ;).

 

Note: I assume we are not talking about a premium/award tank, because for those the whole calculation is very different... as can be seen in my guide :hiding: , or just ask :P


Edited by TankSchmidt, 26 January 2019 - 08:59 PM.


Boozfob #9 Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6661 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    04-22-2014

View PostTankSchmidt, on 26 January 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

Note: I assume we are not talking about a premium/award tank, because for those the whole calculation is very different... as can be seen in my guide :hiding: , or just ask :P

 

Well, i just wanna know how much xp i would get in a fv4202 compared to a normal centurion 1

Where am i going wrong in this calculation? surely its not 56k without the buffs i specified at the bottom?



TankSchmidt #10 Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24426 battles
  • 9,124
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-03-2011

Oof.

 

The tank XP part is correct :great:

 

But the crew XP unfortunately is not:

1) The bonuses you applied already for tank xp are not counted again. So deduct the 10% from prem tank and 100% from tank XP personal reserve. Which leaves +300% from the crew xp personal reserve.

2) The base for these +300% are not the total tank xp (=9.150) but the base xp of the battle = 1.500. Which means it is a 4.500 crew xp boost in this example.

 

Thus, the calculation for crew xp would look as follows in my opinion:

Tank XP                                         9.150

+300% crew XP PR                       4.500 (because 1.500 base XP incl. prem account)

=Subtotal                                      13.650

*1,5 prem tank crew xp bonus        6.825

=Total crew XP                              20.475

 

PS: to put that into perspective. Completing the first skill takes ~210k crew xp. So that is 10 battles like that or even less with accelerated crew training. Also, for the Cent that would be 7,5k crew XP = 1.500 + 1.500 + 4.500.


Edited by TankSchmidt, 26 January 2019 - 10:31 PM.


Boozfob #11 Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:04 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6661 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    04-22-2014

View PostTankSchmidt, on 26 January 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

Oof.

 

The tank XP part is correct :great:

 

But the crew XP unfortunately is not:

1) The bonuses you applied already for tank xp are not counted again. So deduct the 10% from prem tank and 100% from tank XP personal reserve. Which leaves +300% from the crew xp personal reserve.

2) The base for these +300% are not the total tank xp (=9.150) but the base xp of the battle = 1.500. Which means it is a 4.500 crew xp boost in this example.

 

Thus, the calculation for crew xp would look as follows in my opinion:

Tank XP                                         9.150

+300% crew XP PR                       4.500 (because 1.500 base XP incl. prem account)

=Subtotal                                      13.650

*1,5 prem tank crew xp bonus        6.825

=Total crew XP                              20.475

 

PS: to put that into perspective. Completing the first skill takes ~210k crew xp. So that is 10 battles like that or even less with accelerated crew training. Also, for the Cent that would be 7,5k crew XP = 1.500 + 1.500 + 4.500.

 

that makes more sense, but where are the missions calculations then? Before all the other multipliers? Since you said

both

Block Quote

 Long answer: the „x5“ is a +400% tank xp boost based on the base xp. So indeed all the crewmembers benefit from it.

 and

Block Quote

 The base for these +300% are not the total tank xp (=9.150) but the base xp of the battle = 1.500

 

edit: nvm, i just misread.


Edited by Boozfob, 27 January 2019 - 12:08 AM.






Also tagged with experience, crew xp, xp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users