Instantly giving up on games.

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

OMG_Abaddon #1 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10168 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

After so many games of anger where I shot like 10 rounds and bounced off an LT-432 sideways or similar crap, I've eventually let my anger away and just quit out of games where I'm bottom tier and have a gimped tank in hopes to find a decent game where I can have fun.

Yeah yeah, only noobs surrender, play the game and learn blah blah. Look, my tank with 90% experience in a stock tank doesn't want a challenge, they want fair game where they can get XP. I don't need to be top tier in a 3-5-7 but I also don't want to be bottom tier either. I would right away trade all my chances to be top if I was never bottom either again.

I can understand why so many people are frustrated, the fact that most top tier tanks in a 3-5-7 match can oneshot the lower tiers makes the fun fade away, as top tier I see myself clicking enemy tanks to death, as bottom tier I see myself being clicked back to garage by other tanks.

I gave up after several matches this week, I had one on my T-34 that shoots for about 80-100 damage per shot, so I'm doing my job at supporting my team, tiger is perfectly angled for our heavies so I go to the side and put up to 6 shots into him, hiding every time he points at me. One time he got me and took down my tracks and engine in 1 shot. I was down to 100 hp, engine and tracks out I can't repair out so I just watched myself die.

So yeah I just became one of those people I once hated. I think this is the best way to avoid the frustration I once had with this game and just let the matchmaking system work its RNG until I find one game I can play. I still play like I should on all my premiums, because those are just there to make XP and money, but the grind tanks? Ha, I'd rather find a suitable game where I can make XP and not wish someone will carry my team for the daily match win.

Edited by OMG_Abaddon, 26 January 2019 - 05:33 PM.

Elefantas #2 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49456 battles

WoT_RU_Doing #3 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51450 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostElefantas, on 26 January 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

There's no point recording the number of battles a player has if he's still playing the game. People record the number in a thread when the OP claims they are quitting the game. Full marks for trying though...keep it up.

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 26 January 2019 - 05:39 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40408 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 26 January 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

After so many games of anger where I shot like 10 rounds and bounced off an LT-432 sideways or similar crap, I've eventually let my anger away and just quit out of games where I'm bottom tier and have a gimped tank in hopes to find a decent game where I can have fun.

Yeah yeah, only noobs surrender, play the game and learn blah blah. Look, my tank with 90% experience in a stock tank doesn't want a challenge, they want fair game where they can get XP. I don't need to be top tier in a 3-5-7 but I also don't want to be bottom tier either. I would right away trade all my chances to be top if I was never bottom either again.

I can understand why so many people are frustrated, the fact that most top tier tanks in a 3-5-7 match can oneshot the lower tiers makes the fun fade away, as top tier I see myself clicking enemy tanks to death, as bottom tier I see myself being clicked back to garage by other tanks.

I gave up after several matches this week, I had one on my T-34 that shoots for about 80-100 damage per shot, so I'm doing my job at supporting my team, tiger is perfectly angled for our heavies so I go to the side and put up to 6 shots into him, hiding every time he points at me. One time he got me and took down my tracks and engine in 1 shot. I was down to 100 hp, engine and tracks out I can't repair out so I just watched myself die.

So yeah I just became one of those people I once hated. I think this is the best way to avoid the frustration I once had with this game and just let the matchmaking system work its RNG until I find one game I can play. I still play like I should on all my premiums, because those are just there to make XP and money, but the grind tanks? Ha, I'd rather find a suitable game where I can make XP and not wish someone will carry my team for the daily match win.

I feel your pain comrade.

I too once hated & despised players like this - now I'm one of them.

I feel dirty :(

HassenderZerhacker #5 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29085 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 26 January 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

nothing wrong with intentionally shortening games games where you can't win or where you aren't useful.

the important thing is to spot and/or do all damage you can, often this will have the same result in terms of XP and credits as continuing to patiently wait for an opportunity.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Doing that when a game is decided (both lost or won) and when you can't change the outcome of a situation (helping teammates to get a bit more out of the match, even though it's lost) is fine. Doing that right at the start of the match is both stupid and childish. When you really think that you have to do that, you need to ask yourself some questions...

OMG_Abaddon #7 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10168 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View PostJigabachi, on 26 January 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

Doing that when a game is decided (both lost or won) and when you can't change the outcome of a situation (helping teammates to get a bit more out of the match, even though it's lost) is fine. Doing that right at the start of the match is both stupid and childish. When you really think that you have to do that, you need to ask yourself some questions...

I've asked myself those questions several times, but what can I do when people start trolling outright? Lemming trains to the beach in Overlord, Heavies rushing the middle in Lakeville, etc. either I have top tier and try to do some damage out of that, or I'm bottom tier and I rush to my death as well so I can start a normal game.

mgns #8 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34400 battles
I always try to fight it out even when I think it's pointless. Cause sometimes you can actually manage to turn things around. But I'll happily concede that when you spawn south mines encounter or whatever map is completely wrong for the mission you're trying to do, it doesn't feel like " a challenge" or "an opportunity to win against all odds" -- it just feels tiresome and like a waste of time. If someone wants to dump out of it to try their luck with the matchmaker and map rotation in another tank I actually understand them.

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40408 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

For the record, I never suicide at the start of a game - that's just dumb.

However, I will not waste my time when it becomes apparent that the game is lost.

BR33K1_PAWAH #10 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 26 January 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

OP, i'm interested what you think gives you the right to ruin other players experience and break game rules we all abide to?

AliceUnchained #11 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 38892 battles
  • [322] 322
As I said in the other thread, all 14 fellow player in the team should report you each and every game. Then hopefully you will get your well deserved permanent break from the game soon enough.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 26 January 2019 - 06:12 PM.

Jigabachi #12 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 26 January 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

I've asked myself those questions several times, but what can I do when people start trolling outright?

What does "people" refer to? 14 out of the 15 players in your team? Everyone but you? Noone worth supporting?

Seriously... when you don't care about anyone but yourself, why do you even play a (teambased) multiplayergame? There are many singleplayer games that have tanks. Play those.

Doing what you do there makes you the worst kind of player.

Edited by Jigabachi, 26 January 2019 - 06:12 PM.

Discontinued #13 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles
i think if you intentionally quit having caused 0 dmg the tank should then be locked out for 24 hours.

OMG_Abaddon #14 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10168 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 26 January 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

OP, i'm interested what you think gives you the right to ruin other players experience and break game rules we all abide to?

Hmmm good question:

- Matchmaking more centered around putting the same amount of vehicle types in the same tiers than skill or vehicle capability. E.g. each team has one HT, one TD and one MT as top tiers, but one team has some dude with 5 crew and chocolate while the other guy is on a stock tank. Biased teams easily make matches one-sided and unprofitable. Much worse when at bottom tier.

- People who thought first they could break the rules by pushing allies or shooting them.

- People who simply gave up on the game before me, e.g. lemming train to the beach in Overlord.

- The fact that random battles with random people I don't care about are meant to be just quick random matches.

And the list might probably go on if I took 5 minutes to think about more reasons. Guess you'll have to do with that.

View PostJigabachi, on 26 January 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

What does "people" refer to? 14 out of the 15 players in your team? Everyone but you? Noone worth supporting?

Seriously... when you don't care about anyone but yourself, why do you even play a (teambased) multiplayergame? There are many singleplayer games that have tanks. Play those.

Doing what you do there makes you the worst kind of player.

Just 4-5 people rushing to their deaths at game start makes me think this way. Don't worry, you'll overcome the pain of reading this, I know truth hurts more than lies the the gullible. Also I play this game because there are literally no other tank games out there. I wanted to play Armored Warfare but one day they decided to "balance" the game and destroyed all the balance there was, then added PvE campaigns and the game died right there. War Thunder, I've tried and it's cool but I didn't like to get oneshot in a Maus or other super heavy tanks. And random battles aren't ranked, they are meant for everyone to play as they wish, as long as you literally don't start the game and jump into a river or start shooting friendlies you can do whatever you want.

I learned that the hard way.

View PostDiscontinued, on 26 January 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

i think if you intentionally quit having caused 0 dmg the tank should then be locked out for 24 hours.

Then 50% of the player base would be locked out of their 10 tanks every day. I guess you're annoyed at my post, that's how I used to feel at others.

View PostAliceUnchained, on 26 January 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

As I said in the other thread, all 14 fellow player in the team should report you each and every game. Then hopefully you will get your well deserved permanent break from the game soon enough.

Sure. All 29 others, then my account is deleted from the servers using low level erasing tools that write zeroes to the disk directly bit by bit, then a WG representative takes a plane, comes to my house, rings the doorbell and punches me in the face at the sound of "in behalf of AliceUnchained et al".

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 26 January 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Look, my tank with 90% experience in a stock tank doesn't want a challenge, they want fair game where they can get XP.

I see, so your plan when faced with the prospect of maybe not getting a large amount of XP is to suicide thereby almost guaranteeing you get the least amount of XP of anyone.

Good plan, clearly you've put a lot of thought into it.

malachi6 #16 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50920 battles

When you make a cup of coffee you will find the cup is hot.

When you go to the shops, you will have to spend money to get stuff.

When you get a job you are expected to show up and work.

The fact is, certain actions have consequences.  Before you click battle you are, or should be, aware that the template system is what it is and that there is a good chance you will be bottom tier.  Therefore, the consequence of you clicking battle is you may have to fight +2 tiers.  Having made this informed decision, quitting out says far more about you and your ability to reason than the game.  

Frankly, people like you are the reason this game has issues.  Not actually the game itself.

BR33K1_PAWAH #17 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 26 January 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

Hmmm good question:

- Matchmaking more centered around putting the same amount of vehicle types in the same tiers than skill or vehicle capability. E.g. each team has one HT, one TD and one MT as top tiers, but one team has some dude with 5 crew and chocolate while the other guy is on a stock tank. Biased teams easily make matches one-sided and unprofitable. Much worse when at bottom tier.

- People who thought first they could break the rules by pushing allies or shooting them.

- People who simply gave up on the game before me, e.g. lemming train to the beach in Overlord.

- The fact that random battles with random people I don't care about are meant to be just quick random matches.

And the list might probably go on if I took 5 minutes to think about more reasons. Guess you'll have to do with that.

This is the same gaming experience me and any other player out there gets in this game.

Does this means we all shall resort to griefing and make each others experience even worse? Hell no. Neither shall or can you.

If you continue griefing than i hope you will get banned soon enough  :)

AliceUnchained #18 Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

General

• Player
  • 38892 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 26 January 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

Sure. All 29 others, then my account is deleted from the servers using low level erasing tools that write zeroes to the disk directly bit by bit, then a WG representative takes a plane, comes to my house, rings the doorbell and punches me in the face at the sound of "in behalf of AliceUnchained et al".

Or you can just read what was is written and drop the whole 'drama queen' act. Truth of the matter is that selfish, self-centered, egotistical specimen like you have no place in a team game. So please, get banned. Or change your approach.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 26 January 2019 - 07:07 PM.

Discontinued #19 Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 26 January 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

Then 50% of the player base would be locked out of their 10 tanks every day. I guess you're annoyed at my post, that's how I used to feel at others.

I must admit to having done it once or twice in my tier 10 but never at the beginning of a game..that I think should lock the tank.

As we all know tier 10 can get very frustrating at times specifically when you get these Muppet teams who are stupidly over cautious or the simpletons who die within the 1st 30 secs.

OMG_Abaddon #20 Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10168 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View Postmalachi6, on 26 January 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

[...]

The fact is, certain actions have consequences.

[...]

Frankly, people like you are the reason this game has issues.  Not actually the game itself.

Right. Don't forget I'm playing random battle, which is the equivalent of casual PVP mode. If I was playing any form of ranked modes I'd be concerned about my team but random matches are singleplayer matches just like you play quickmatch on Battlefield. If it was ranked, you could be talking about the team's concern, but for all it gives random battles are casual mode and have nothing to do with anything other than individual performance.

Maybe it's people like me (I mean I've just reborn so I can't really tell as a master of this status quo) or might be the game, I'll be more inclined towards the second for now because 3-5-7 and being mostly bottom tier, given how many people complain on the same crap over and over again I'll just say it was a good way to keep people busy spamming gold rather than actually making the game fun, but that's a different discussion.

What do you want me to tell you, when I play top tier it's the normal thing to see half my own team die before I can even rush to the middle of the map. Don't try to imply I'm the one and only individual.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users