Random battles should be fun!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

tufty_neptune #1 Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8226 battles
  • [FP-EU] FP-EU

Random battles should have less of the pay-to-win aspect(I'm talking about gold ammo or special ammo). The game isn't fun at all like this. Just joined one of many life's stressballs. 

I'm just saying gold ammo needs to be restricted from random battles. 

OreH75 #2 Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50228 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
Shooting full gold/special/crybaby ammo does NOT compensate for bad positioning and lack of minimap awareness...hence it does not increase the amount of games people win. 

Homer_J #3 Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If you are not having fun then don't play.

I find premium ammo to be a lot of fun so now we have one vote for and one against.

Not that the debate hasn't been done endlessly already but in what way "restricted"?  They tried limiting the number of premium shells in historical mode, people just used them first then gave up.

4nt #4 Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24747 battles
Yep, I'd wager that we all would have tons of !!FUN!! facing sumo tanks and defenders along the wide open maps, where flanking is always guaranteed to allow for penning +2 tier heavies' sides. Those pesky enemy td:s wouldn't fire flankers in fear of being spotted since there are no bushes along non-existing corridors, and so forth.

Above post may contain sarcasm. Sorry, but couldn't resist for obvious reasons.

Edited by 4nt, 28 January 2019 - 10:58 AM.

Bulanskovich #5 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20871 battles
  • [RO-SE] RO-SE
I don't like premium ammo myself, not at all but then again I don't like heavies with no weakspots either. The problem in my opinion runs deeper, you can't just take away premium ammo without also rebalancing quite a few tanks.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You are a heavy tank player and play lots of good, overperforming and unbalanced tanks. Now feel free to pick some other tanks to play and you'll learn that your standpoint isn't wrong, but that there is a little more to it...

tufty_neptune #7 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8226 battles
  • [FP-EU] FP-EU

View Post4nt, on 28 January 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

Yep, I'd wager that we all would have tons of !!FUN!! facing sumo tanks and defenders along the wide open maps, where flanking is always guaranteed to allow for penning +2 tier heavies' sides. Those pesky enemy td:s wouldn't fire flankers in fear of being spotted since there are no bushes along non-existing corridors, and so forth.

Above post may contain sarcasm. Sorry, but couldn't resist for obvious reasons.

Do you specifically mean the piked nose defenders?? Cause those have a piked nose. The lower plate has a large surface area only rng would get in the way of you missing. 

This response implies you are into more fast and agile tanks... Sumo tanks... I believe you mean the japanese heavies, yes?? The big guns are compensated by their slowness and massive reload time.. He hits you for 500 hp with a howitzer, send him to the garage... You can literally go in front of the O-Ho and he won't shoot you because the mini-turret at the front blocks gun depression.

Tank Destroyers... Formidable adversaries to be honest but that doesn't make them impossible to destroy. Obj 268 4 being one of the most menacing cause it is fast, well armored and good alpha damage. But it has a drawback. Reload speed of 15ish secs and it has to face you to shoot you, up close it can be dealt with.

I'm not carry on with tips on how tanks can be destroyed. All tanks have their drawbacks and hence you should exploit that. The minute you do I'm sure you will go back to garage with some satisfaction that you put up a good fight. Please stop looking for the easy way out with special ammo. 

Homer_J #8 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttufty_neptune, on 28 January 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Please stop looking for the easy way out with special ammo. 

It's part of the game.  Please stop looking for the easy way out (having it removed) and concentrate on not getting shot in the first place.  I am sure you will have a much better game when you learn that skill.

Edited by Homer_J, 28 January 2019 - 11:18 AM.

tufty_neptune #9 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8226 battles
  • [FP-EU] FP-EU

View PostBulanskovich, on 28 January 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

I don't like premium ammo myself, not at all but then again I don't like heavies with no weakspots either. The problem in my opinion runs deeper, you can't just take away premium ammo without also rebalancing quite a few tanks.

I agree with you and yes they should rebalance some tanks.

I also was, I can't say I was annoyed but I just to accept the fact that some tanks are not easy to penetrate. I sought for that same satisfaction by working up japanese heavies and got that satisfaction only up to tier 7. Tier 8 and above gold ammo goes right through. The type 5 was my first tier X. I sold it. Got frustrated cause I kept on getting destroyed by mediums. (By the way I'm not a fan of the HE gun... I'm more of a 249mm pen 600 alpha AP gun... Very satisfying when you hit them weakspots).  

But I digress, yea weakspots should be added and the existing ones should be made more vulnerable cause its not always when you aim at them shells pen. 

tufty_neptune #10 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8226 battles
  • [FP-EU] FP-EU

View PostJigabachi, on 28 January 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

You are a heavy tank player and play lots of good, overperforming and unbalanced tanks. Now feel free to pick some other tanks to play and you'll learn that your standpoint isn't wrong, but that there is a little more to it...

Which other tanks specifically??

No really, help me here because from my standpoint all tanks in the tech trees are good tanks and players should use them in the best way it can perform. 

Bulanskovich #11 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:36 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20871 battles
  • [RO-SE] RO-SE

For me the idea case would be making all ammo types cost a similar price, but make them have certain specific uses. Just reducing damage all across the board seems a bit too, how to say, simple.

AP would be the middle basically, it should stay as it is. HEAT could get reduced damage, but it would keep its high penetration and the lack of pen reduction at range. APCR could be made to have more similar values of pen to AP imo, but make it so that they get a higher velocity and maybe make them more effective against say spaced armour, but make them not that effective past medium ranges.

Now I get WG gets revenue from this, that is fine. I would actually be totally ok with balancing the ammo cost across the board, even if that means making AP a bit more expensive, so overall you'd pay a similar amount overall, but ammo would be a tactical choice. 

tufty_neptune #12 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8226 battles
  • [FP-EU] FP-EU

View PostHomer_J, on 28 January 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

It's part of the game.  Please stop looking for the easy way out (having it removed) and concentrate on not getting shot in the first place.  I am sure you will have a much better game when you learn that skill.

It is part of the game and that is correct. They are planning to nerf and why do you think that is going to happen? If you ask me thats a bad idea. They should keep the gold ammo alpha damage of all vehicles for competitive platforms like skirmishes, advances, clan wars, team battles and daily tournaments, not random battles. Seeing someone fire gold ammo at you in a casual game mode just kills the vibe.

(Now that I think about I just think they want players to spend more on gold shells now, which good for WG.. I guess).

10:46 Added after 5 minutes

View PostBulanskovich, on 28 January 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

For me the idea case would be making all ammo types cost a similar price, but make them have certain specific uses. Just reducing damage all across the board seems a bit too, how to say, simple.

AP would be the middle basically, it should stay as it is. HEAT could get reduced damage, but it would keep its high penetration and the lack of pen reduction at range. APCR could be made to have more similar values of pen to AP imo, but make it so that they get a higher velocity and maybe make them more effective against say spaced armour, but make them not that effective past medium ranges.

Now I get WG gets revenue from this, that is fine. I would actually be totally ok with balancing the ammo cost across the board, even if that means making AP a bit more expensive, so overall you'd pay a similar amount overall, but ammo would be a tactical choice. 

Ammo types with specific uses. I like that. :great: But they should definitely nerf the damage of shells with higher pen.

BR33K1_PAWAH #13 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

KEK

That's really all i can say to OP on the subject.

Homer_J #14 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttufty_neptune, on 28 January 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

They are planning to nerf and why do you think that is going to happen? 

Well, I will believe that if it happens.  WG have announced many things which were abandoned after testing so don't hold your breath.

tufty_neptune #15 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8226 battles
  • [FP-EU] FP-EU

View PostHomer_J, on 28 January 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Well, I will believe that if it happens.  WG have announced many things which were abandoned after testing so don't hold your breath.

I'm really not expecting much at this point. Open my launcher and it said "Frontline returns" and yet they are still testing it. Its like you get turned on but no climax:sceptic:

4nt #16 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24747 battles

View Posttufty_neptune, on 28 January 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

Snip for brevity

Sorry but you bring nothing new for me. Theory is good and dandy but fact is, that even the most open map is in effect a triple corridor. Faceoffs with tanks without weakspots are common. 

I play all lines simultaneously, as you can see from noobmeter. I avoid getting tXs atm because I've got a feeling that tX gameplay, where these tanks are common, isn't for me. My most played tank is Centurion I, with which I don't carry any premium. I wish I did, after -17. 

I see winning as fun. Losing is also fun, but not when someone facerolls me with frontally invulnerable tank. I know defender- got it from lootboxes- and it simply is ridiculously good vs own tier and below. O-Ni is also very good t7, derp has long reload but that's why I DON'T go alone anywhere. Getting rekt by shitbarns and types just gets old after a while, so, when crunch begins, and I see stupid unbalanced pos in front of me I WILL load gold. After possible changes, I need to fire a few more. I can afford it without premium acc pretty easily.

Edit: also, never felt too much gold being 'spammed', even when driving KV-4 or VK OP. Crap players spam and ding, better ones can do constant damage with or without prem. Doesn't matter much. 

Edited by 4nt, 28 January 2019 - 12:16 PM.

HerrWizo #17 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33971 battles

Looking for fun in this game? At current state, random battles ain't it, simple as that.

Play frontlines when it is available, and keep yourself occupied with something else the rest of the month. Will probably save both your nerves and your wallet ;)

Hedgehog1963 #18 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 52189 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Posted Image

XxKuzkina_MatxX #19 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostHerrWizo, on 28 January 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

Looking for fun in this game? At current state, random battles ain't it, simple as that.

Play frontlines when it is available, and keep yourself occupied with something else the rest of the month. Will probably save both your nerves and your wallet ;)

So true and in a simple and elegant package as well. You should do more than 38 posts in 4 years. :)

I was thinking about this yesterday and reached a similar conclusion. WG brought back FL mode after almost a year AND extended its duration to 10 months to bring more attention to the game and renew the players interest since most loved this mode. Now what they did is pretty much divert the focus from playing on weekends or the afternoons to this particular week when FL is online!

Between this, ranked, CW campaigns and a mature (in terms of grinds and number of battles) player base WOT could turn into a seasonal thing with dead randoms.

Jauhesammutin #20 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22910 battles
  • [KYS] KYS

View Posttufty_neptune, on 28 January 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

Random battles should have less of the pay-to-win aspect(I'm talking about gold ammo or special ammo). The game isn't fun at all like this. Just joined one of many life's stressballs. 

I'm just saying gold ammo needs to be restricted from random battles. 

I'm firing full gold and having super fun. Where is the problem?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users