FCM 50t / 3-5-7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #1 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1291 battles
QB is a very knowledgeable player, regardless if there's better and worse (he never proclaims to be the best WOT player streaming the game, nor the worse), and regardless of who likes him and who doesn't. I do sympathise whenever I come across his stream, he's a good player, works hard and keeps it to himself, although I don't like many of his viewpoints on the game. Far too many, but that's okay. The topic is about the FCM and I'm posting it because yesterday a question was raised about the importance of the teams' lineup (tanks) being far more relevant than the players performance (XVM). That's what makes the games unbalanced (tanks first and foremost). A knowledgeable player's opinion on the FCM:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/370808104

Minute 31 into the stream (link fixed).

1 - Looking forward to this, the FCM is a great tank, especially after the buffs, that didn't need. After the buffs it should actually have its preferential MM removed, that's how good it is.
2 - I have the whole map to work with but I feel sorry for my team as I'm matched against a more of a heavy tank, someone who took his Emil I to the beach and is objectively out of the game.
3 - I might actually have to run away as despite being in a top tier heavy, there's a Pantera and some tier VIs challenging me and my allies.

The FCM feels inadequate and gets wrecked, what else. Were we outnumbered over here? Not really, it just so happens the Pantera is a much better tank relatively to the FCM, to some extent regardless of who's playing it, and the FCM has a tier VII gun that performs poorly. It would be a tier VIII gun if it had sensible aiming and accuracy stats, which it doesn't have.

So why claim the FCM is a great tank to begin with (QB)? And why insisting (so many folk in this forum) that there's nothing wrong with how the tanks distribution per teams is made as it all evens out in the end? Other than that, game ending in less than 4 minutes (as is typical) and a game which didn't even have broken / overpowered russian heavies on either team.

Apart from the Caernarvon AX and the Patriot, are there any tanks with 90mm guns and similar that are adequate for tier VIII? Not even good, but merely adequate. And we're speaking of the 3rd highest tier in the game ...

Edited by PanzerKFeldherrnhalle, 28 January 2019 - 12:16 PM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPanzerKFeldherrnhalle, on 28 January 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

1 - Looking forward to this,

To what?  Don't tell me I have to watch because that ain't happening.

11:09 Added after 1 minute

View PostPanzerKFeldherrnhalle, on 28 January 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

So why claim the FCM is a great tank to begin with (QB)? 

You might want to ask him that question somewhere he is likely to see it.

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #3 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1291 battles
I already know what he thinks of the FCM, and he's a knowledgeable player. That's the point.

Stig_Stigma #4 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12167 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
The tank is sheeet. If you rarely see a tank in battles that means the tank is worthless...

TankkiPoju #5 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21612 battles

FCM 50t is just so badly power creeped as a concept.

Kind of related to Pantera, I played 20 games of Progetto 46 on Saturday... it was a 20 game rental.

People say Progetto 46 is a hard tank to play... which is complete bull manure. It it stupid easy to play unless you think it's a Russian heavy. It would be a very good tank just having a single shot gun because it has great gun depression, great gun handling, good penetration and great mobility. But on top of that, it has also the autoreloader which even an idiot can use. Just dont shoot all three shells unless you have to. Was that hard? No.

So the point of all this was FCM 50t basically costs the same as Progetto 46 despite being a terrible tank. Oh yeah, QB's opinion is just an opinion and an uninformed one.

SWAT0013 #6 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:54 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28759 battles
  • [ANV-V] ANV-V

Yes, it did not need buffs (maybe slightly better gun handling). All it needed was working MM - but that is the story with the most of premium vehicles with PMM... No, it definitely is not that good so that it should lose PMM.

I have seen it live as I was quite looking forward seeing what will happen in a MM like this - and honestly QB screwed this game totally - that is the whole story ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users