• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48806 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

good afternoon to all of you

today I wanted to ask all the Japanese and German tank lovers for advice.

I am facing the penultimate mission that will allow me to finally win obj279(e)

The mission requires obtaining the "high caliber" award in 4 times within 10 games.

Nothing strange here, a simple and feasible request.

My problem arises as I only have, Type 5 , T55A
Play these tanks means to lose credits, I personally get very bored playing the Type 5..slow , stupid..tarded gun etc etc...
The T55A is fun but it means almost always losing credits with this tank and almost always playing against tier 10 means that for aa high caliber you have to do +/- 6k dmg too and I do not want to spam Heat.

I wanted to know what you think are the tier 8 with which it is easier to play and aim at the goal of a high caliber x4 times, premium tanks included.

I had the Skorpion G for rent .. but currently I can not buy it with gold because of the choices of the WG..

Dava_117 #2 Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20900 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Would suggest the E75 or the JTiger. 

E75 is quite a good allrounder: 490 alpha, penetration is similar to IS-7, accurate gun, good mobility, 100+ ton weight, good view range.

JTiger have a monster DPM (560 alpha every 9 sec IIRC), high pen and workable armour.

Tier 9 is better IMO because can still be relevant even against tier 10, while a lot of tier 8 will suffer.

ortega456 #3 Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64142 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I'm not sure whether it's wise to use a tier 8. You'll mostly get tier 10mm where you need to do lots of damage and will struggle with penetration.

In tier ten you'll at least be a reasonable amount of time top tier and will be able to dish out much more damage than in a tier 8.

baribal_80 #4 Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22928 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 28 January 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

The mission requires obtaining the "high caliber" award in 4 times within 10 games.

Play these tanks means to lose credits, I personally get very bored playing the Type 5..slow , stupid..tarded gun etc etc...
The T55A is fun but it means almost always losing credits with this tank and almost always playing against tier 10 means that for aa high caliber you have to do +/- 6k dmg too and I do not want to spam Heat.

I wanted to know what you think are the tier 8 with which it is easier to play and aim at the goal of a high caliber x4 times, premium tanks included.

I had the Skorpion G for rent .. but currently I can not buy it with gold because of the choices of the WG..

Ferdinand. Seriously. People hate it because the armor is unreliable but it has as much hp as a heavy while having 490 gun with good bloom, wide arc and armor that forces your enemies to aim for a moment. 
14:14 Added after 1 minute

View Postortega456, on 28 January 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

I'm not sure whether it's wise to use a tier 8. You'll mostly get tier 10mm where you need to do lots of damage and will struggle with penetration.

In tier ten you'll at least be a reasonable amount of time top tier and will be able to dish out much more damage than in a tier 8.

Yeah this is even better as advice. T9 has god tier mm. 

arthurwellsley #5 Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52684 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I know many players do not like them but I have a soft spot for the STA and the Type 61 (Jap mediums at tiers VIII and IX). Both capable of getting high calibre as although they are slow for mediums, they are fast enough to get clean up damage at the end of a win. I have not played the STA-2 (Jap premium) but understand it is inferior to the tech tree tank. Might manage it.

Jap heavies - not so good due to mobility.

Germans

Jadgpanther II, fast, decent gun, but casement, might be up to the job

Ferdinand - personally I would think too slow to chase clean up during end games.

Indien - NO, just NO

Panther II - might be possible but pretty meh tank

Panther mit 8.8 (Premium) - also pretty meh.

Mutz (Premium) - paper medium with so so gun handling, capable if played exceptionally well and lucky with maps.

Leopard PTA - I love this tank for it's speed, easily capable of High Calibre, but a bit map dependent so would need luck to do it four times in a row.

e50 - massively capable all rounder and so not only capable of a single High Calibre but also less map dependent than the pta and so more capable of doing four in a row.

Skorpion G - easy to get High Calibre in due to speed and turret, but paper armour and no camo whatsoever means hard to do four in a row.

Heavies = VK100.001(P) and vk168.01 Mauerbrecher = too slow, Tiger II = too crap, e75 might do the job.

Have you considered the M10/Warcimes Panther? tier VII, prints silver, but the low alpha makes High Calibre a bit of a challenge to do four in a row. But pref mm helps.

Tier VII jadgpanther is also capable of the task for a player like you, fast has a good gun, slightly bouncy armour if angled, can bully lower tiers, and would run at a silver profit, only drawback is casement.

Also Dicker Max at tier VI (Premium) would make you silver aplenty, but four High Claibres in a row might be difficult with map rotation, although on some maps High Calibre is ridiculously easy in a Dicker Max, it's just on other maps it will be fiendishly hard.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 28 January 2019 - 03:37 PM.

TheDrownedApe #6 Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 46122 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Im in the same boat although i can buy the E50M or leo 1 if needed and i do think you need a TX with the current MM

Yeah the Ebola 5 is too situational to use that

edit: Infact i have a few choices including the grille and Skorp but hoping for minimal TX games?? im not sure

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 28 January 2019 - 03:56 PM.

WhoCares01 #7 Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15551 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 28 January 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

Have you considered the M10/Warcimes Panther? tier VII, prints silver, but the low alpha makes High Calibre a bit of a challenge to do four in a row. But pref mm helps.

Tier VII jadgpanther is also capable of the task for a player like you, fast has a good gun, slightly bouncy armour if angled, can bully lower tiers, and would run at a silver profit, only drawback is casement.

Also Dicker Max at tier VI (Premium) would make you silver aplenty, but four High Claibres in a row might be difficult with map rotation, although on some maps High Calibre is ridiculously easy in a Dicker Max, it's just on other maps it will be fiendishly hard.

I am still far away (still stuck on Excalibur missions), but I think Obj 279e is limited to tier 8 and above.

@OP:

Considering that "High Caliber" is about highest damage, as well as >20% of total HP of the enemy team, accurate high DPM tanks like Jagdtiger should suite best.

However, looking at the tanks that you have played on your account, you only have 5 tanks anyway to choose from, Type 4+5, OHo, T55A and SkorpiG. Looking at the High Calibers that you received in those tanks,

Tank Battles High Calibers Battles/HC
Type 5 1052 31 34
Type 4 263 6 44
O-Ho 259 3 86
T55A 669 38 18
Skorpion G 127 8 16

Based on those, T55A and Skorpion G are the best options available to you, though the averages still show that 4 HC in 10 battles will be a serious challenge. Maybe you can influence the odds by platooning with a good scout player, sniping on open maps, but so will other snipers/TDs ...

Edited by WhoCares01, 28 January 2019 - 04:53 PM.

kyrahihi #8 Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 25133 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

i've done it with VK72.01K, but i realise not a lot of players have that tank...

needed around 25 games to do it, and i was reseting all the time after first game if i didnt start with a high caliber

WhoCares01 #9 Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15551 battles

View Postkyrahihi, on 28 January 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

i've done it with VK72.01K, but i realise not a lot of players have that tank...

needed around 25 games to do it, and i was reseting all the time after first game if i didnt start with a high caliber

You have to manually reset the mission? That's "ugly" - once the mission started and you played 10 battles in suitable tanks, the game should just keep track and evaluate the last 10 battles...

Edited by WhoCares01, 28 January 2019 - 04:36 PM.

Cannes76 #10 Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 69689 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

View Postarthurwellsley, on 28 January 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

Tier 8 minimum for obj 279 (e) missions...

Zmago5000 #11 Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4691 battles

I am stuck in stug4 finals.... so no advice from me lol

DA_ZOHAN #12 Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56075 battles
  • [-NO1-] -NO1-

View PostValkyrionX, on 28 January 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

The best tank to do any mission like that in my opinion is the tank you are best in.  T55A seems like the one that you are best in of the ones you have for Bloc, so by all means, spam HEAT like there is no tomorrow.  The ends justify the means.

ValkyrionX #13 Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48806 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS
.......and what about the LOWE ??? is good? 
19:10 Added after 4 minutes

View Postkyrahihi, on 28 January 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

i dont have the vk72..only 907 and m60..

what about the lowe? 

Dava_117 #14 Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20900 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostValkyrionX, on 28 January 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

.......and what about the LOWE ??? is good? 
19:10 Added after 4 minutes

i dont have the vk72..only 907 and m60..

what about the lowe? 

The lowe suffer from an horribly low DPM. Hard to get high caliber in that IMO.

pudelikael #15 Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22131 battles

T55A is best, food, 23 regular and 16 premium ammo 2 HE and very good tank. 

German tier X only e100 can be played. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users