Chinese LT crew trainer?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

OMG_Abaddon #1 Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9447 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

Since vbaddict was hacked there aren't many ways to tell what tank racks up more XP/game, and I want to have a chinese LT crew trainer. There are a lot of options and I weighed them all, but nothing's better than asking someone who played them and made an actual impression.

There are a few things I would like to avoid however. First of all, premiums give 50% more crew XP so this is a big deal for a tank that's meant to train crew, but I don't know if a good elite tank would still yield better performance to make up for it. Second, I see Type-64 it's T6. Lower XP/game, most T8 tanks can bounce and 1-or-2-shot me, and it can barely play the scout role with that high profile. the -10º depression is insanely good, but...

So I noticed there's one tank, M41D, a chinese bulldog copy with slightly better gun. I'd be really interested in getting this gank, but literally never saw it in action. I'm afraid it might be some exclusive reward tank or something that I can't get, otherwise I guess this would be my go-to choice.

So ultimately I'm trying to decide between WZ-132 or alternatives, but I'm open for ideas.

Robbie_T #2 Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17765 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Type 62 (but also almost never on sale)

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 29 January 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

So I noticed there's one tank, M41D, a chinese bulldog copy with slightly better gun. I'd be really interested in getting this gank, but literally never saw it in action. I'm afraid it might be some exclusive reward tank or something that I can't get, otherwise I guess this would be my go-to choice.

This is an upcoming tier 8 premium so you'll have to wait for that.

pecopad #4 Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25324 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Type 64 is one of the best tanks in the game, and its cheap.

If its only for crew training, it will be enough, although you can play with it on Team batles and advances.

Geno1isme #5 Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 44874 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

As said, the M41D isn't in the game yet, we don't know if it will be regular Premium or something special. The Type62 is the Premium that is most similar to the higher tier techtree tanks, but only available on special occasions. Type64 is a great tank, but quite different from the techtree tanks and also has the issue of needing a five-man crew, so it is not the most effective crewtrainer as you always have to carry that (otherwise useless) radio operator around.

So if you're only after crew-training I'd stick with the Wz-132, unless there is a sale for the Type62. If you're however also playing T6 Skirmishes the Type64 might be worth a shot for that as well.

OMG_Abaddon #6 Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9447 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 29 January 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

This is an upcoming tier 8 premium so you'll have to wait for that.

Oh nice, I missed the black dog sale back in the day so this will be a welcome addition.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 29 January 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Oh nice, I missed the black dog sale back in the day so this will be a welcome addition.

It's quite different from the black dog so you might want to compare the stats before buying.

WhoCares01 #8 Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15551 battles

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 29 January 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

There are a few things I would like to avoid however. First of all, premiums give 50% more crew XP so this is a big deal for a tank that's meant to train crew, but I don't know if a good elite tank would still yield better performance to make up for it. Second, I see Type-64 it's T6. Lower XP/game, most T8 tanks can bounce and 1-or-2-shot me, and it can barely play the scout role with that high profile. the -10º depression is insanely good, but...

Premium tanks receive a tier-dependent experience multiplier, from 70% at tier 2 to 10% at tier 8, which at least partially compensates for the lower average base experience at those tiers. Type-64 should get a 30% bonus.

baribal_80 #9 Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22928 battles

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 29 January 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Since vbaddict was hacked there aren't many ways to tell what tank racks up more XP/game, and I want to have a chinese LT crew trainer. There are a lot of options and I weighed them all, but nothing's better than asking someone who played them and made an actual impression.

So ultimately I'm trying to decide between WZ-132 or alternatives, but I'm open for ideas.

type64 is op as balls. Get it and you will be happy. It's basically as balanced as t67 a tier lower. Better than a cromwell and all other meds in same tier.

WoT_RU_Doing #10 Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51177 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
Personally my preference is the Type 62 - don't know why, but I love it, and somehow don't enjoy the 64. As mentioned previously in the thread, the 64 crew layout matches the M5A1, so not much use for high tier crew training. The 62 matches high tier Chinese lights. Running with a premium account, I find it very hard to play the 62 at a credit loss - you'd really have to make a positive effort to be bad I think.

Gixxer66 #11 Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18559 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Never been able to get on with the Type64 ( L2P issues i guess ) but absolutely love the Type 62.

OMG_Abaddon #12 Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9447 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View PostWhoCares01, on 29 January 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Premium tanks receive a tier-dependent experience multiplier, from 70% at tier 2 to 10% at tier 8, which at least partially compensates for the lower average base experience at those tiers. Type-64 should get a 30% bonus.

I know, but after the experience I got from my Rudy I don't want another T6 premium. The matchmaking at that tier is terrific.

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 29 January 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

It's quite different from the black dog so you might want to compare the stats before buying.

I did, on paper he looks good. I can't really tell until I play it because crews and equipment really change the way a tank is played. Many tanks that look like crap turn out to be awesome because armor is angled, or weakspots are minimal, or it has some trait that I ignore, thus why I ask the players for a final choice.

View Postbaribal_80, on 29 January 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

type64 is op as balls. Get it and you will be happy. It's basically as balanced as t67 a tier lower. Better than a cromwell and all other meds in same tier.

Thanks for the info! I'll take that into account, although I'm looking more for XP/game thank strong tank (as long as it's not crippled like STA-2).

View PostWhoCares01, on 29 January 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

I know but my Rudy doesn't make as much XP as T8 premiums I have like Lorr 40t, that just from personal experience.

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 29 January 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

Personally my preference is the Type 62 - don't know why, but I love it, and somehow don't enjoy the 64. As mentioned previously in the thread, the 64 crew layout matches the M5A1, so not much use for high tier crew training. The 62 matches high tier Chinese lights. Running with a premium account, I find it very hard to play the 62 at a credit loss - you'd really have to make a positive effort to be bad I think.

I forgot about the crew layouts! You are a savior man.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 29 January 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

Thing about Vbaddict. It only shows how others are doing with it. It won't mean it's the better option for you. No one knows your style more then yourself. Type 64 is bascially a stock Hellcat mixed in with some T67 style. If you your self know how well or bad you are with different lights. You should know what fitst you.

No eta on the Chinese Bulldog. But I suspect it might still be a bit out. And the Type 62 is not one that appears often. Tho the Type 64 is not a bad option. Tho vs most lights it don't forgive mistakes. But rewards you if you do well. 

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 29 January 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

As mentioned previously in the thread, the 64 crew layout matches the M5A1, so not much use for high tier crew training. The 62 matches high tier Chinese lights. Running with a premium account, I find it very hard to play the 62 at a credit loss - you'd really have to make a positive effort to be bad I think.

Type 64 has one extra crew slot. As in a radio operatior. That's useless for any higher tier med true. But it won't take long to train up one with BIA for that slot either if you lack it.

Traimi1 #14 Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 473 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Get yourself T-34-3, 112 or WZ-111 and train yourself a crew with 2-3 perks. Then just move them to your light tank.

Training crews on a light tank is a miserable experience, premium or not.

mjs_89 #15 Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6530 battles
  • [95137] 95137

I have both the Type-64 and Type-62, they are very enjoyable and although the 62 is the better trainer I prefer the 64, since it's a beast and really fun once you figure out how to play it.

But...

OMG_Abaddon #16 Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9447 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View Postmjs_89, on 29 January 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

I have both the Type-64 and Type-62, they are very enjoyable and although the 62 is the better trainer I prefer the 64, since it's a beast and really fun once you figure out how to play it.

But...

:bajan:I see what you did there. Yeah that's why I don't want a gimped tank that can't do jack.

View PostTraimi1, on 29 January 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Get yourself T-34-3, 112 or WZ-111 and train yourself a crew with 2-3 perks. Then just move them to your light tank.

Training crews on a light tank is a miserable experience, premium or not.

I want to learn LTs so this would be a good way to get myself around consistently. Also I need to do the LT missions, so it's fair as well.

mjs_89 #17 Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6530 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 29 January 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

:bajan:I see what you did there. Yeah that's why I don't want a gimped tank that can't do jack.

I want to learn LTs so this would be a good way to get myself around consistently. Also I need to do the LT missions, so it's fair as well.

Turns out I have a lot of time during slow night shifts, so let me tell you a little more...

Type 64

Is an old LT, so it's stats are above average. It has an extra crew member, a radio guy, that none of the chinese LTs from tier 6 upwards uses. So even with advanced crew training turned on, most of the xp will go towards the radio guy. On the bright side, the tank itself is so good, it doesn't need many crew skills to perform. BiA, sixth sense, camo, recon, 2x situational awareness (one on the loader, who is the radio guy on all the tech-tree tanks). That's all you really need, gun-handling skills are a nice bonus, but...

The gun. It's fantastic, and that's an understatement. Snappy, laser-accuracy on the move, very good RoF. Ammo capacity is low(ish), and because you fire so fast you really have to be careful and knowing when not to shoot is something the 64 will teach you the hard way.

MM is usually no concern for LTs, but the 64, being more of a tier 6.5, really doesn't care if it's matched against tier 8s. With a 2-skill crew (3 on the commander) and optics you get full view range even without food, and "special" pen is good enough to damage most tanks you meet. And if you ever see tier 4s, you'll soon realize that driving a 64 against 4s is like driving a Defender against 6s. You are just that powerful. Nothing can outspot you and most targets will be dead with 3-4 shots (about 5-7.5 seconds).

For equipment I suggest optics/rammer/stabilizer and for ammo 1-2 HE shells and a 60/40 ratio of AP/APCR.

Type 62

Also an old LT, 20m extra VR over the tech-tree WZ is probably the biggest plus. That, and the fact it's the only ideal crew-trainer in the game. The radio duty falls to the loader, same as the entire tree from tier 6-10.

Compared to other LTs in it's tier it is somewhat sluggish and the gun is a little on the potato-launcher side. Being a tier 7, your MM is not that harsh, as the gap between tiers is probably the least concerning for 7s. In my expirience, the camo is decent, VR excellent and the mobility and gun handling tolerable. It still is a powerful tank, but pales in comparison to the 64. It is also only available sporadically, and only in bundles with a couple 1000 gold to keep the population low.

Equipment: optics, rammer, vents/stabilizer

I'd suggest trying vents first as they only cost 25k. Then, if the gun is too derpy for you just destroy the vents and go for the stabilizer instead.

Chinese Bulldog (Snackdog)

Not in the game yet, but probably the worst chinese premium LT. It gets the worst MM and the worst crew-layout, since the radio duty will probably go to the commander (same as in the 2 other Bulldogs), wich means to get the most out of your tier 8 crew-trainer you have to "waste" a whole skill on your most valuable crew member. And it seems to be inferior to the Blackdog in every way.

Conclusion:

If I were to start the chinese LT line, I'd get both the 59-16 and Type 64 at first. The 59-16 will give you a feeling for the entire line, so you can quit if you really don't like them. The Type is a great addition to any tanker's garage anyways (and very good for all konds of missions too), so for 3.5k gold you really can't go wrong.

Then, if it's available and you liked the tier 7 tech-tree WZ, I recommend getting the Type 62 too, as it's basically a beefed-up version of the WZ 131.

As for the Snackdog, I really would only recommend it if you have no decent german LT crew, if you have one you're probably better off waiting for the Blackdog.

Although I will probably get it, since my chinese LT crew is the best crew I have, and having one more LT for Frontlines is always nice. But I'm hooked to LTs, so my pov is as biased as it gets....

Anyhow, I hope this helps. gl & happy tanking!

:honoring:

Traimi1 #18 Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 473 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 29 January 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

An awful way to learn light tanks is to play one without a crew. You'll grow into one of the bushwankers because without 6th Sense and camo skill you'll get spotted so easily that you can't do any proactive stuff. Light tanks are inefficient without a decent crew, it makes much more sense to train yourself a crew on a tank works even with a bad one.

gopez #19 Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33584 battles
  • [ROUX] ROUX

Chinese lights are not real lights. They are light-mediums. If you can play this class all tanks on the line are good or at least ok.

If you really want to learn how to play lights u should  better start a french or  a russian light line. These lines  are more suitable

for missions and so on.  after this small notification You can easily grind crews with standard tier 7 wz-131. if you really want to

spend money type 64 is pretty damn good tank. It has very good carry potential. And as in tier 6 the competition is lighter it is easier

to get the top xp in your team frequently. I dont recommend tier 7 or tier 8 lights nowadays because in top tiers black-dog Lt-432, amx1390,

lightweight, Lt100, amx 13105 are really dominating the light play areas on the maps. In this sence the chinese buldog will probably

have the faith of the normal buldog. 

Edited by gopez, 29 January 2019 - 11:20 PM.

OMG_Abaddon #20 Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9447 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View Postmjs_89, on 29 January 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

[...]

Anyhow, I hope this helps. gl & happy tanking!

:honoring:

Wow that was very extensive, very enlightening. You look confident on that one and it makes sense, so I'm getting the Type 64 now. There's a bundle in the store at 10% discount that I took advantage of. :coin:

View PostTraimi1, on 29 January 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

An awful way to learn light tanks is to play one without a crew. You'll grow into one of the bushwankers because without 6th Sense and camo skill you'll get spotted so easily that you can't do any proactive stuff. Light tanks are inefficient without a decent crew, it makes much more sense to train yourself a crew on a tank works even with a bad one.

I've been playing my russian and american lights on half-assed crew and haven't had a bad experience at all: http://forum.worldof...aliber/#topmost

View Postgopez, on 29 January 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

Chinese lights are not real lights. They are light-mediums. If you can play this class all tanks on the line are good or at least ok.

If you really want to learn how to play lights u should  better start a french or  a russian light line. These lines  are more suitable

for missions and so on.  after this small notification You can easily grind crews with standard tier 7 wz-131. if you really want to

spend money type 64 is pretty damn good tank. It has very good carry potential. And as in tier 6 the competition is lighter it is easier

to get the top xp in your team frequently. I dont recommend tier 7 or tier 8 lights nowadays because in top tiers black-dog Lt-432, amx1390,

lightweight, Lt100, amx 13105 are really dominating the light play areas on the maps. In this sence the chinese buldog will probably

have the faith of the normal buldog. 

See above, also my french lights are up to B-c 12 t. I've had good results thus far.

I'm buying the Type 64 for gold this time, I have a lot of spare from the chirstmas boxes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users