• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

scoprion_tank #1 Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9911 battles

Straight to the changes:

1- New Effective armor calculation

This is basicly how warthunder calculates armor values. Basiclly, a shell that has 200mm penetration at 90 degrees will NOT have 200mm penetraion at 60 degress. Example:

if you gun stats were (at 100m distance) -------->  90 degress  /  60 degress  /  30 degress

200mm              160mm          120mm             OF  penetration

SO:

Your gun has 200mm penetration at 90 degress and you shoot a tank that has EFFECTİVE (not raw!) 180mm at 90 degress of armor, penetration willoccur

BUT

if your gun has 200mm penetration at 90 degress and you shoot a tank that has EFFECTİVE (not raw!) 180mm at 60 degress of armor, penetration willNOT occur

This would fix some of the issues regarding armor over-buffing and make the game more realistic ( like how t-34 doesn't feel like a t-34 in-game or how Tiger 2 gets its frontal armor penetraited). Note that this could be tuned down or up for balance at anytime and wouldn't give preminum tanks buff's that can't be taken back. (PS: if you are wondering why this happens, shells change direction AS they go through the armor)

2- New armor (literally)

Yet another idea from warthunder. Basiclly, have diffirent armor castings: 

Rolled Homogeneous Armour Which would be the "normal" one when calculation effectiveness (1.0x)

Cast Homogeneous Armour Which would be slightly weaker then the RHA (0.98x)

High Hardness RHA Which would be a bit stronger then RHA (1.02x)

Other items like wood, rubber, tracks can be added later

This would fix tanks that have bad armor in game but had quite stonk armor IRL like Tiger 1 or panther. This way, these tanks can stay at the same tier as they do right now. This would also fix the impenetratable russian tank turrets.

3- STOCK TANK MODİFİER

This is to make playing wot easier and better. Basiclly, if you are NOT using a top gun on a tank (like using the short 8.8cm in the Tiger 1 or using the 85mm on IS1) You get more credits and/or experince. This applies for engine, suspension, radio etc but the rewards are not equal ( so you can't exploit it by using a worse radio on a heavy tank etc)

You can also be rewarded by using the historical modifications of the tank with medals n stuff.

4- MORE SHELLS

This is basiclly to encourge tactical thinking. Basiclly, you will have more then just 3 or less shell types. Maybe one that does more damage and has less pen or visa versa. Note that this does NOT get rid of gold "special" ammo. (how else is WG supposed to make monies if that were the case?) The shells that has the most penetration will still be much more expensive than the regular ones.

This again can be used by WG for balancing purposes without giving tanks unhistorical penetraion or armor.

5- SECONDARY GUNS

WG pls

6- ADD-ON ARMOR

Basiclly, this would be for light and medium tanks only. I dont aim for it to be more than cosmetics and 10-20mm more space armor on the tank. You would be able to put these "add-on armor"'s like you can do icons ( so only certain places and NOT all-over the tank )

7- UPGRADEABLE HULLS

This mainly my way of fixing WG bad decision of inreverseabley buffing premium tanks and normal tanks inhistoricly. 

For example:

Löwe stock hull armor -------> 120mm / 100mm / 80mm

Löwe upgraded hull armor -------> 150mm / 100mm / 80mm    (basicly current armor thickness)

This would also complement my 3rd idea, so people who are acctually can play löwe as sniper would earn more then people who think its a IS7

All of these ideas can be changed depending on how WG would want to implement them (as if lol)

your thoughts?

CraftyVeteran #2 Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4913 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-
you really needed to create two threads?  :(

scoprion_tank #3 Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9911 battles

View PostCraftyVeteran, on 30 January 2019 - 03:33 AM, said:

The first one wasnt done and for some reason decided to publish itself.

srry :)

04:03 Added after 5 minutes

View PostCraftyVeteran, on 30 January 2019 - 03:33 AM, said:

I dont know how to delete posts that I want to. If you now how, please let me know

Stig_Stigma #4 Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12171 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
I think the bigger problem are small and corridor maps. Thank you.

grizly1973 #5 Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21451 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View PostStig_Stigma, on 30 January 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

I think the bigger problem are small and corridor maps. Thank you.

If you'd like to see a nice alternative, feel free to check my map proposals!

I've just released the 3rd one yesterday! Take a look: http://forum.worldof...es-and-minimap/

Thank you! :girl:

Also tagged with changes, Balance, Gameplay, New

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users