WZ-120-1G FT, the Close Combat Destroyer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The WZ-120-1G FT is our Tier VIII of the Week. Add this surprising tank destroyer with our newest offers!

The full text of the news item

8126Jakobsson #2 Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:51 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 70858 battles
A good tank without a purpose. :P

wsatnutter #3 Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:02 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25828 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
a tad pricey  tbh

Cobra6 #4 Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Ah yeah, that TD that can outturn even light tanks trying to flank it because of "balance" and that has pretty much just as much view range and camo as light tanks so in SH's you can't properly get close to it in your T8 light without getting spotted and/or receiving a shot to the face.

Cobra 6

falcon_96 #5 Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23927 battles
The Woozie is always fun to play up close, provided you have some friends with you to tank the shots because with the horrifying gun handling it gets you are likely to eat a shot or 2 while aiming(unless you go full shotgun mode or facehug), it is just SU-122-44 on steroids, capable of absolutely brutalizing lower tier tanks but unlike the SU still remaining useful vs high tiers. I'm looking forward to playing it in the frontline mode.

Send_Him_Off #6 Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8992 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Why would anyone buy this tank when you've got the Skorpion G in the game... Don't even try to tell me you're training your Chinese TD's 

SlyMeerkat #7 Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 17063 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Already got it :P

Sapphire89 #8 Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25569 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
It’s a nice tank once you get the hang of it. I wouldn’t recommend it for new players as it is not an easy tank to play.

HadurHun #9 Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 69155 battles
  • [HADUR] HADUR
An actual tank destroyer, the missing link between su 44 122 and su 54 122... oh wait! they removed that awesome tank!
and no it is not a close combat vehicle, in order for it's armor to be fully effective you need to stay at distance! like 99% of the tds!
you want a a close combat td su 101.. oh wait, THE OLD SU 101, you know the one that could join the mediums in a medium rush and would facehug the enemy and rip it apart! now the current su 101 is a JOKE it's lack of gun depression is not even good for sniping! in close combat is dead!
but back to the current prem TD. yes' its a keeper, if u like to play tds!

Simona2k #10 Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2429 battles
  • [GGLT] GGLT
Already got it <a href='https://i.imgur.com/mYx3Mca.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>https://i.imgur.com/mYx3Mca.gif</a>

eekeeboo #11 Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:45 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45924 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE
I'm looking for tips on this tank as I was never sure if I'd want to go for it or not. I can't say I've been drawn in by the Chinese TD's too much when I've been spoiled by other nations. 

Zsoo86 #12 Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21990 battles
  • [-P13-] -P13-

View Posteekeeboo, on 30 January 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

I'm looking for tips on this tank as I was never sure if I'd want to go for it or not. I can't say I've been drawn in by the Chinese TD's too much when I've been spoiled by other nations. 

Iam also looking for some Experienced opinions about that tank (Iam a fan of TDs), even tho I could try it out on test server, and was working pretty well.

My personal experience compared to the SU130pm:

The downsides:

The Aim time, and accuracy is awful (over 300m you may only shoot if the target is fully exposed), and the alpha seems to be way too low.

The gun depression is also a bit lackluster.

The Gun arc is also too narrow, and you may find it hard to cover whole tank in a bush to freely move the tank itself without leaving the bush

Premium ammo's pen rating is okay, but its HEAT, and you need to know which tank is pennable and where with that ammo.

The pros:

The penetration with AP works pretty well

The mobility, especially the reverse speed is nice

You can apply Ventillation eq. (still you may lose the Coated Opt)

The DPM is more than great (to compensate for the missing shoots?!)

The Armor frontally can work but its only reliable if you are above your target

Side armor helps you to avoid the pens from SPGs and HEs, also cannot really overmatched, but nothing else

NoobySkooby #13 Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15779 battles
  • [DENK] DENK
I like it, sometimes do well in it, but I think we need a turreted Chinese TD now.

Edited by NoobySkooby, 30 January 2019 - 09:39 PM.

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25612 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View Posteekeeboo, on 30 January 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

I took on the Chinese TD lines a few months ago since I just liked the look of the T6 and T7 so free xp'd my way to the T7 as I had lots of free xp built up. The tier6 was a good capable and mobile TD with a nice top gun but really was a bit pointless when there's the likes of the Hellcat and the Jackson which put out similar alpha but have turrets and more flexible along with the fact there's the SU-100 which is very similar but "RASHA!" so you get a 390 alpha gun option obviously lol! 

The tier7 was a love hate relationship, I still kept as you can see. It has a 390 alpha gun and savage DPM, very similar in many ways to the premium T8 but is very sluggish by comparison and aims a bit slower, everything is just a bit slower which you'd expect for a tier lower but I guess the worst part was the view range which is ok but needs binos instead of optics if you want full view range(or food). I built up a decent crew so this is the level of performance you can expect in the screenshot and when RNG behaves itself(390 alpha gun is an rng lottery machine btw, but imo the only reason to play this TD) you can wreck entire ranks of advancing tanks on your own, knock off turrets, set tanks on fire it can literally dismantle half of enemy teams flank push on its own with some sensible positioning and double bushing... IF that troll gun behaves itself, equally, you can make the same shots and get zero dmg lol. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4556205#fisherman_s_bay-tungstenhitman-t-34-2g_ft

The T8 premium imo is the natural successor to the T7 and much in keeping the T7 playstyle, characteristics and design philosophy only better at everything and unlike the T7, the T8 actually has armor that's workable against most equal tier tanks and a lot of lower tier tanks when u hide that chin, unless vs gold spammers of course but not much we can do about them in any tank right? The tech tree T8 9 and 10 make no sense to me and turn into slow heavily armored thingys so I never bothered with those. I will attach a screenshot of the T8 stats with the same decent crew which can be transferred straight from the T7 and possibly T6 with no difference in skills etc so that was very nice. These TD's have excellent camo and one of the best features is the traverse speed which you can see boosted heavily by BIA, Clutch Breaking, Off Road Driving and a vent so you can get 51 deg/sec on them which really gives flanking tank efforts the most shocking experience when they realize that big alpha fast reloading Chinese boom stick stays pointed at them lol! I have not played it for a while tbh and probably because I enjoy the SU marathon tank much more. The aim times suck and they're very rough and ready but... ya I like it. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4589215#serene_coast-tungstenhitman-wz-120-1g_ft

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users