Gifted and female crew members

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Noo_Noo #1 Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22195 battles

Hello All 

I have a small stock of unassigned crew members  and I'm just think what would be the best use of them. These include Simon Clause or whatever his name was from the Chrstmas loot boxes. 

a) Stick them all in one tank or

b) Assign them as Commanders and spread them round on any new lines I wish to start.

Ta

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_
Female crews train faster so the ideal position for them is in tanks with fewer crew member. Tanks with 3 crew members, like light tanks, need every bit of help because a crew member is doing multiple functions. Commander/loader, loader/radio operator, etc.

Homer_J #3 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30431 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Simon Clause can only be a commander so that decision is made for you.

Other than that it's up to you.

HerrWizo #4 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33885 battles
Up to you. I consider that the best use for them is as commanders, and then choose 6th sense + whatever skill you need to train, since playing without 6th sense is a horrible experience, especially in higher tiers.

TheR3dBaron #5 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35072 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

It depends ...

Generally speaking, you'd like to spread them nowadays, mainly as commanders.

The exception would be tanks which have less crew members resulting in more skills per crew member. A good example would be the Batchat 25t.

I'll be putting a full female crew in wheeled vehicles, because I have crews on all lines in the tech tree, while I still had 8 ladies in the barracks.

edit: by the way, you should prioritize tech trees for which you can't buy Berlin tanks. Cromwell B and the likes come with 0 perk BIA crews. That's good value for money.

Edited by TheR3dBaron, 30 January 2019 - 01:44 PM.

kubawt112 #6 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Small crews benefit, as do certain tank classes and crew roles. It's sort of pointless to use a female crew member on, say, a HT radio radio operator, or perhaps even the gunner. Instead, spend them on tanks that benefit from using multiple common skills as well as role-specific roles. Both the loader and driver on a LT/MT typically has two or three you really want in addiiton to BiA/camo/repair.

If you're using female crew on a premium tank, keep in mind that the way accelerated crew training works is by giving it to the crew member with the least accumulated experience. Because a female/Berlin crew member have BiA as a 'zero-skill' (a female with three skills has the same accumulated experience as a normal one with two), this means that those who are not will 'stabilize' at one skill lower, effectively training the girls faster. It's not that bad, but can be annoying. I lacked the foresight to use a female gunner on my EVEN 90, which means the gunner doesn't quite have enough training to include the 'firefighting' skill, and won't for a long, long time.

Edited by kubawt112, 30 January 2019 - 01:59 PM.

FatigueGalaxy #7 Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20186 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Use them only as commanders, maybe gunners (meds and HTs). They have the most useful and impactful skills. Also, commander often performs multiple roles (like radio-operator) which means more skills to train.

Most driver skills have little impact and loaders only need safe stowage, BiA, repair and camo (fire fighting if you want to use premium food).

Discontinued #8 Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

Personally I'd put them all into an arty.

It would make it very op indeed as bia has a huge effect in arty and it normally takes forever to train  up a crew.

Noo_Noo #9 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22195 battles

View PostDiscontinued, on 30 January 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

Personally I'd put them all into an arty.

It would make it very op indeed as bia has a huge effect in arty and it normally takes forever to train  up a crew.

No and no again. 

I will probably put S Clause in a Russian medium and train them up for the OBJ140 which I have unlocked. 

Then I'll have a good think about the female crew members I have. I've still got plenty of lines to try but some of them just don't catch my fancy (Japanese Heavies for example)

Edited by Noo_Noo, 31 January 2019 - 10:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users