Low tier tanks as free crew trainers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

slitth #1 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12531 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

Important! This is not a serious suggestion.

As we all know one of the benefits with a premium tanks is that they can function as a crew trainers because they can accept crew members trained for other tanks of the same nationality and type without a proficiency penalty.

Now to help new players catch up, we could give a similar benefit to low tier tank.

So all tank from tier 4 and lower will accept crew members trained for other tanks of the same nationality.

This will give new players 4 tiers there they do not have to worry about retraining the crew, allowing the accumulation of more XP before moving up to tier 5 or higher.

Of course this can also be use by old players to tank a highly trained crew and put it in a tier 4 without retraining.

So this might lead to increased seal clubbing.

And while seal clubbing is bad for new players, it might also lead to more people playing the lower tiers for fun.

More people will lead to more equal tier battles and that is good for new players

OMG_Abaddon #2 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9558 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP
I'm sure new players will welcome games with 14/30 players using PZ I C because this crew still has less than 5 skills. :arta:

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25612 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View Postslitth, on 30 January 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

And while seal clubbing is bad for new players, it might also lead to more people playing the lower tiers for fun.

More people will lead to more equal tier battles and that is good for new players

Well, since new players and E-Bay bought account noobs seem to flood most top tier battles turning them into an utter sh*tfest of frustration and stupidity, it hardly makes much difference playing the same caliber of crayons at lower tiers so by all means club away guys. Actually it would be much cheaper and you'll have a fully upgraded elited tank in like what... 3 battles? Transfer 5 skilled crew, use food, full gold layout and toon with another 2 like minded nasties and club all your WoT frustrations away. bash! bash! bash!

SaintMaddenus #4 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36283 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

well seeing as most freemiums are T 2 and 3 I do this anyway ;) though for the longest time I didn't so ended up with a whole bunch of 1 skill light tanks commanders :teethhappy:

iztok #5 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

> Low tier tanks as free crew trainers

And WG will run their servers for free, and folk will work for WG for free too. :sceptic:

Baldrickk #6 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31337 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 30 January 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

well seeing as most freemiums are T 2 and 3 I do this anyway ;) 

This.

There are plenty of low tier premium tanks that are availiable and more still that were gifted. 

The ones that were gifted have,  in most cases been available for sale at various points. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users