Blue Teamkillers

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Zmago5000 #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11425 battles

I observed once one tank was shooting the allies from the start, it came to a point that one started shooting back and in a while they both became blue coloured. I didnt shoot him  although he deserved it.

But is it allowed to shoot blue player without penalties or not?

jack_timber #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39673 battles

Yes you can shoot blue players you won't be penalised.

But the blue player may just be essential to winning the battle. 

It's your choice....

Gremlin182 #3 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

General

• Player
  • 57041 battles

I always leave them alone for 2 reasons.

Firstly turning blue could happen by accident

If you kill them it takes them out of the game so you are down a player one that might have done some good.

Secondly if they are an idiot team killer again leave them alone the more they do the longer the ban.

Steffin #4 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27272 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
You can shoot at him without penalty, but it will cost you shells and time.  Even a team killer may still try to do his best at winning the game after getting blue. Killing a blue player just because he became blue is not the best option. If he keeps shooting at allies he will get banned.  Of course there can be feelings of revenge that can make you want to hit him anyways. Shooting at an already banned ally is not useful at all, so check that before you shoot at him.

BlackBloodBandit #5 Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6117 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 31 January 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

.... the more they do the longer the ban.

the more you and your team will suffer from the damage they did to allies, decreasing the win chance with every shot of damage they do to allies.

Baldrickk #6 Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSteffin, on 31 January 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

You can shoot at him without penalty, but it will cost you shells and time.  Even a team killer may still try to do his best at winning the game after getting blue. Killing a blue player just because he became blue is not the best option. If he keeps shooting at allies he will get banned.  Of course there can be feelings of revenge that can make you want to hit him anyways. Shooting at an already banned ally is not useful at all, so check that before you shoot at him.

You will not be banned for shooting a blue player ( it can't trigger a ban) but it does count towards your friendly dmg ratio, which is used to decide when a ban should be enforced.

If you then shoot a non blue ally, you'll go blue and maybe get banned for a smaller offence.

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:12 AM

General

• Player
  • 57041 battles

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 31 January 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

the more you and your team will suffer from the damage they did to allies, decreasing the win chance with every shot of damage they do to allies.

Some of these idiots deserve a permanent ban, let them shoot as many players as they want they will be gone from the game for longer.

Happy for them to ruin one game and get a long ban rather than turn blue get shot by their team play a couple of games and lose blue status and carry on being a pain.

Havenless #8 Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 516 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostGremlin182, on 01 February 2019 - 04:12 AM, said:

Some of these idiots deserve a permanent ban, let them shoot as many players as they want they will be gone from the game for longer.

Happy for them to ruin one game and get a long ban rather than turn blue get shot by their team play a couple of games and lose blue status and carry on being a pain.

Don't worry, the punishment system ensures that no form of continous griefing, trolling or other toxic behaviour may take place. :)

Steffin #9 Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27272 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

View PostBaldrickk, on 01 February 2019 - 02:08 AM, said:

You will not be banned for shooting a blue player ( it can't trigger a ban) but it does count towards your friendly dmg ratio, which is used to decide when a ban should be enforced.

If you then shoot a non blue ally, you'll go blue and maybe get banned for a smaller offence.

This is the official explanation by WG: ( https://eu.wargaming.../article/10435/ )

"When a player turns blue he may be destroyed by his own teammates without any financial repercussion or friendly fire penalty for the other players. However it is not mandatory to destroy the blue tank. If you shoot and destroy a “blue” player, the battle results will show that you have one less enemy vehicle destroyed, thus affecting your overall statistics. There is no reward given to a player that shoots a blue tank."

"In conclusion, the “blue” player mechanics is a way to warn the player that he is nearly reaching the friendly fire limit. After that the account restriction is automatically set by our system. In addition, it allows players from the same team to stop a team killer and prevent him from doing more damage to his own team."

HansiVonHinten #10 Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46796 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostBaldrickk, on 01 February 2019 - 01:08 AM, said:

Are you sure about that? It sounds a bit strange to me.

09:25 Added after 1 minute
Does a banned player still spot enemies?

wsatnutter #11 Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26380 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postjack_timber, on 31 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Yes you can shoot blue players you won't be penalised.

But the blue player may just be essential to winning the battle.

It's your choice....

very much this I think in the 45000 battles I've played in beta and live I've taken out about two blues as they were attempting to kill more greens, ive been blue 3 times due to someone walking into my shot . the team let me play on , so I would let them live tbh

Baldrickk #12 Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 01 February 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Are you sure about that? It sounds a bit strange to me.

09:25 Added after 1 minute
Does a banned player still spot enemies?

Yes and yes. 

BlackBloodBandit #13 Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6117 battles

View PostHavenless, on 01 February 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

Don't worry, the punishment system ensures that no form of continous griefing, trolling or other toxic behaviour may take place. :)

the punishment system ensures nothing and fails badly.

View PostGremlin182, on 01 February 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

I don't care more about them getting a ban, then having a normal game for me and my team with a chance to win. The system has failed already for years and it still does.

Steffin #14 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27272 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 03 February 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

the punishment system ensures nothing and fails badly.

I don't care more about them getting a ban, then having a normal game for me and my team with a chance to win. The system has failed already for years and it still does.

The punishment system prevents a lot of team damage, but of course you can always whine about it not being 100% effective.

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 01 February 2019 - 01:08 AM, said:

Wow, had no idea shooting a teammate that turned blue was counted as friendly dmg.

I never liked and still disapprove of the way WG deal with team damage this way. The rules are don't shoot or kill your teammates yet with blatant hypocrisy the way WG implement a system of dealing with a TK in which another TK is allowed, almost encouraged by way of highlighting that offending player in blue, which of course plays right into the hands of trolls and tooners that will take a shot each or push and block, all the bs they can get away with inside the confines of not actually breaking any automated trigger system themselves. Of course, the victim which gets lured into becoming blue and TK'd or banned can certainly send the replay to WG but the outcome will be unknown and of little consolation to that victim. 

I think the fairest approach to some sort of automated referee is for the player doing team damage to turn blue just for themselves to see and know. This way it will be much the same thing and obviously if he takes 1 more shot he is getting a ban so at worst that player is only going to take 1 more shot on a teammate. But under no circumstances should a teammate ever be allowed to legally shoot a teammate without the same administration of penalties. Also, there should always be that blue status notification and not go from what appears to be normal status to ban in 1 shot.

I'd also have issue with the way the automated system seems to be governed on a shot count basis rather than dmg vs hp basis. In other words, a big alpha gun takes 1 shot, removes 90% of his teammates hp along with killing several crew and modules while a smaller gun barely does 5% of damage in return and perhaps no damage at all yet its dealt with as 1 shot each... doesn't really translate into fair refereeing. So, if shooting a teammate was also dealt with on how much % of hp was removed per shot, as a secondary judicial ruling, then maybe it might make the knob-jokey in the KV2 or Sbarn think a little harder before doing probably what he wanted to do all along... just to prove he has a big gun lol. 

Steffin #16 Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27272 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 February 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

I'd also have issue with the way the automated system seems to be governed on a shot count basis rather than dmg vs hp basis. In other words, a big alpha gun takes 1 shot, removes 90% of his teammates hp along with killing several crew and modules while a smaller gun barely does 5% of damage in return and perhaps no damage at all yet its dealt with as 1 shot each... doesn't really translate into fair refereeing. So, if shooting a teammate was also dealt with on how much % of hp was removed per shot, as a secondary judicial ruling, then maybe it might make the knob-jokey in the KV2 or Sbarn think a little harder before doing probably what he wanted to do all along... just to prove he has a big gun lol. 

The system doesnt ban you right away because hitting an ally can happen to everybody.  But it doesnt care whatg the size of your gun is.  An incidental hit with a 700 hp damage gun is as likely as an incidental hit with a 100 hp damage gun.  The damage is only inportant for you here because you want revenge for him damaging you, and the system is not designed to allow you to do that. Which makes perfectly sense.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

View PostSteffin, on 04 February 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

The system doesnt ban you right away because hitting an ally can happen to everybody.  But it doesnt care whatg the size of your gun is.  An incidental hit with a 700 hp damage gun is as likely as an incidental hit with a 100 hp damage gun.  The damage is only inportant for you here because you want revenge for him damaging you, and the system is not designed to allow you to do that. Which makes perfectly sense.

That's a fair point but I wasn't suggesting extra free team damage shots for lower alpha guns, just a fairer interpretation of team damage than X amounts of shots were fired when in reality the damage caused by different tanks and a 3 tier environment varies greatly and has much different consequences on significantly different hp pools. Well the current system still sucks and causes players frustration to be wronged like that, to have one shot effectively ruin their entire battle and reduce their tank to a limping wreck on 1 shot of hp with several modules and crew dead(does the offender get charged for the cost of the repair, extinguisher and med kit? don't think so, and should be), possibly TK'd outright.

Perhaps a fair solution is for the offender to lose the same % from their hp pool as they caused to their teammate. That way, alpha, tier and hp pools would not matter, if a player removes 50% of their teammates hp, they also lose 50% of their hp. And of course, they are still charged with team damage just the same and eventually turn blue, just for themselves as a warning so they know they're on thin ice. This way, the victim, be it accidental or on purpose, most likely on purpose, will feel pacified that their attacker is also hit for just as much and feel no need to retaliate. To retaliate with this system would make no sense since you would only lose hp in return as that % rule would apply to everyone. 

Objec7 #18 Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14831 battles

View PostZmago5000, on 31 January 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

I observed once one tank was shooting the allies from the start, it came to a point that one started shooting back and in a while they both became blue coloured. I didnt shoot him  although he deserved it.

But is it allowed to shoot blue player without penalties or not?

I have become blue just because I've dealt with assholes pushing me, shooting by mistake players who just drive in front of my gun etc. then I have got teamkilled by some dumb idiots who doesn't know or care why I become blue and then lost the game. Maybe ask why he become blue before you take actions? If he lies, he propably would already been killed by the player he shot or it can be corrected by witnesses.

Objec7 #19 Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14831 battles

And yeah, this happened today, which visualizes my point, sorry for shitty graphics, I'm playing with a potato... :)

So basically, that OXIDE player named *Edited had me on his blacklist for whatever reason, called me a bot and threw a nice 1.7k bomb at me, then I shot him once back for 600, pushed him and got teamkilled by a TVP who propably thought that I bully our FV 4005 for no reason in the beginning of the game with 450 hp left...

Edited by VyNKaSMyN, 19 April 2019 - 03:43 PM.
This message has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming.

CaMoMuHaBaMoTTyK #20 Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 276 battles
  • [FANG] FANG
:child: Sooo much Hate on this World.... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users