An [edited]move or survival of the fittest? You decides!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

Stalpanter #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8207 battles

Comment your opinions in this thread.

*edited*  

Sacrifice your pawn (Chess) (that poor *edited*   B-C 12 t had 55hp) to win the game or its morally wrong?

Edited by Jahpero, 01 February 2019 - 11:14 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9077 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Well, it certainly wasn't friendly.

And depending on player skill, that BC could've managed to wiggle and make the enemy KV-2 miss.

Assuming the E25 wouldn't've rekt him anyhow.

Stalpanter #3 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8207 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 31 January 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

Well, it certainly wasn't friendly.

And depending on player skill, that BC could've managed to wiggle and make the enemy KV-2 miss.

Assuming the E25 wouldn't've rekt him anyhow.

Indeed It wasnt very friendly move of me, I even felt bad for that little guy, however we won that round.

Edit: That KV-2 likey could oneshot me if he aimed for me, KV-2s can oneshot eachother.

Edited by Stalpanter, 31 January 2019 - 11:17 AM.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #4 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25937 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You know it was a 5hit move, because that's exactly what it was.

I'd have had no qualms about reporting you. Though I'm still unsure whether it does any good reporting, or not.

The_Naa #5 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8369 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Every gun counts, but a use of baits is good sometimes, and if there is that kind situation that there is 1 vs 2 but there are more tanks still in the game its best to rush when you have the man power...

Many times the game has changed from good to bad when those holding the strength in numbers did not dare to rush those out numbered, waiting for a "good moment" is bad idea as there might be more pepole coming to help the enemy, then the advantage is no more and the game is lost because they did not dare to sacrifice them selfs for the greater good. 

Edited by The_Naa, 31 January 2019 - 11:47 AM.

OMG_Abaddon #6 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13954 battles
100% arse move. If enemy KV-2 shoots you your friend has 20 seconds to kill him, all you did was push another player to die for your sake, mind you, that wasn't survival of the fittest it was survival of the biggest idiot who also happened to have the fatter tank.

Edited by OMG_Abaddon, 31 January 2019 - 11:48 AM.

N00BT00B #7 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51104 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
It should have been the bc12s call to sacrifice himself, not yours.

[edited].

qpranger #8 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:50 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 38887 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
This all could have been easily avoided if someone had performed a well-timed Sleipnir move.

The_Naa #9 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8369 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
And looking at it from the retrospect, you could have baited the enemy KV2 to shoot your track and then repairing it and taking the shot and the BC could have been saved. 

Solstad1069 #10 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:56 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44487 battles

View PostStalpanter, on 31 January 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

Indeed It wasnt very friendly move of me, I even felt bad for that little guy, however we won that round.

Edit: That KV-2 likey could oneshot me if he aimed for me, KV-2s can oneshot eachother.

How did you know the enemy KV2 was going to shoot the Bat? He could have oneshot you and rammed the bat, killing you both.

The_Naa #11 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8369 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostSolstad1069, on 31 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

How did you know the enemy KV2 was going to shoot the Bat? He could have oneshot you and rammed the bat, killing you both.

It takes a KV2 driver to know a KV2 driver

G01ngToxicCommand0 #12 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles
That BC was dead anyway as he was clearly proxy spotted by the enemy KV2. Cold move but it was the optimal tactial choice to make by the KV2.

gpalsson #13 Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
sh1t move by a sh1t player i guess

Stalpanter #14 Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8207 battles

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 31 January 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

You know it was a 5hit move, because that's exactly what it was.

I'd have had no qualms about reporting you. Though I'm still unsure whether it does any good reporting, or not.

You are free to report me, I didnt break any rules, Yes it was [edited]move of me, I agree but not rulebreaking. I didnt made this thread to brag how [edited]I can be, Just wanted to make a discussion whats wrong and right.

View PostThe_Naa, on 31 January 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

Every gun counts, but a use of baits is good sometimes, and if there is that kind situation that there is 1 vs 2 but there are more tanks still in the game its best to rush when you have the man power...

Many times the game has changed from good to bad when those holding the strength in numbers did not dare to rush those out numbered, waiting for a "good moment" is bad idea as there might be more pepole coming to help the enemy, then the advantage is no more and the game is lost because they did not dare to sacrifice them selfs for the greater good. 

Remember there were a E25 shooting on our asses, had to destroy that KV-2 quickly.

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 31 January 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

100% arse move. If enemy KV-2 shoots you your friend has 20 seconds to kill him, all you did was push another player to die for your sake, mind you, that wasn't survival of the fittest it was survival of the biggest idiot who also happened to have the fatter tank.

The KV-2 had one 900dmg-HE shell ready in cannon while we had an E25 behind us.

View PostN00BT00B, on 31 January 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

It should have been the bc12s call to sacrifice himself, not yours.

[edited].

Do you think random soldier have do anything do when Eisenhower decided to invaded Normandy? I didnt mean to excuse my action in that battle in video, just wanted to start a discussion.

View Postqpranger, on 31 January 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

This all could have been easily avoided if someone had performed a well-timed Sleipnir move.

Care to explain whats Sleipnir move?

View PostThe_Naa, on 31 January 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

And looking at it from the retrospect, you could have baited the enemy KV2 to shoot your track and then repairing it and taking the shot and the BC could have been saved. 

KV-2s use HE shells, you get damaged even if you get hit by HE, eventually one-shot.

View PostSolstad1069, on 31 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

I took a chance.

Edited by Stalpanter, 31 January 2019 - 12:15 PM.

qpranger #15 Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38887 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostStalpanter, on 31 January 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

Care to explain whats Sleipnir move?

It is a special unicum move that is revealed and enabled in the game for you once your win rate gets past 50%. We are not allowed to discuss it with those who are not ready.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #16 Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25937 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStalpanter, on 31 January 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

You are free to report me, I didnt break any rules, Yes it was [edited]move of me, I agree but not rulebreaking. I didnt made this thread to brag how [edited]I can be, Just wanted to make a discussion whats wrong and right.

Not rule breaking ?

Pushing a teammate into the path of an enemy killzone, where he will die, comes under unsportsmanlike conduct. And that is a offence on WoT.

4. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles

The following actions are prohibited in game:

4.01. Intentionally damaging vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team damage).

4.02. Intentionally destroying vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team kill).

4.03. Intentionally blocking (blocking from front and rear) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team.

4.04. Intentionally propping (blocking on one side, where the other side of a user's vehicle touches a fixed indestructible obstacle, preventing free movement.) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team.

4.05. Intentionally informing participants of the opposing team through battle, or voice chat, the location of vehicles belonging to players of the same team.

4.06. Intentionally exploiting the physics system to damage an allied tank, plane, ship or similar actions. This includes, but is not limited to, pushing an allied tank into line of fire, pushing allied tanks off of cliffs, bridges, into water, etc.

4.07. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods to accumulate credits and experience without the participation or with passive participation of the player within the battle (excessive and repetitive passive play).

4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design. The application of game restrictions will always be done to protect a positive and fun gaming environment and will be applied after careful investigation and internal deliberation.

Edited by OIias_of_Sunhillow, 31 January 2019 - 12:22 PM.

The_Naa #17 Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8369 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostStalpanter, on 31 January 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

1* Remember there were a E25 shooting on our asses, had to destroy that KV-2 quickly.

2* KV-2s use HE shells, you get damaged even if you get hit by HE, eventually one-shot.

1 noticed it, thats why I think it was good move, eventho a bit rough

2 yes but if a HE shell hits the tracks wheel it explodes 20cm away from your hull dealing less dmg than a direct hit to your hull so it can save your life, and if the enemy shoots HEAT its even better, the wheel absobs it.

(I assume you know this alrdy, but there it is anyway,  just in case you did not) 

Stalpanter #18 Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8207 battles

View Postqpranger, on 31 January 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

It is a special unicum move that is revealed and enabled in the game for you once your win rate gets past 50%. We are not allowed to discuss it with those who are not ready.

Alright hehe I will google then.

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 31 January 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

Not rule breaking ?

Pushing a teammate into the path of an enemy killzone, where he will die, comes under unsportsmanlike conduct. And that is a offence on WoT.

4. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles

The following actions are prohibited in game:

4.01. Intentionally damaging vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team damage).

4.02. Intentionally destroying vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team kill).

4.03. Intentionally blocking (blocking from front and rear) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team.

4.04. Intentionally propping (blocking on one side, where the other side of a user's vehicle touches a fixed indestructible obstacle, preventing free movement.) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team.

4.05. Intentionally informing participants of the opposing team through battle, or voice chat, the location of vehicles belonging to players of the same team.

4.06. Intentionally exploiting the physics system to damage an allied tank, plane, ship or similar actions. This includes, but is not limited to, pushing an allied tank into line of fire, pushing allied tanks off of cliffs, bridges, into water, etc.

4.07. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods to accumulate credits and experience without the participation or with passive participation of the player within the battle (excessive and repetitive passive play).

4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design. The application of game restrictions will always be done to protect a positive and fun gaming environment and will be applied after careful investigation and internal deliberation.

I didnt damaged the B-C, the enemy KV-2 did but whatever, feel free to report me.

11:33 Added after 6 minutes

View PostThe_Naa, on 31 January 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

1 noticed it, thats why I think it was good move, eventho a bit rough

2 yes but if a HE shell hits the tracks wheel it explodes 20cm away from your hull dealing less dmg than a direct hit to your hull so it can save your life, and if the enemy shoots HEAT its even better, the wheel absobs it.

(I assume you know this alrdy, but there it is anyway,  just in case you did not) 

No KV-2 would waste their 19sec reload 900dmg HE shot to shot on ground to detrack a single enemy tank, when theres two enemy behind (me and B-C) :) He was waiting to oneshot either B-C or me. Also If I take heavy damage and get equipment damaged, I might wont be able to fight off the remaining enemy tanks. I needed all HP. We won at end of this battle but its not the topic, the topic was about my action was morally right.

edit: Also need add that I really felt bad for that poor dude in B-C tank, to be honestly :)

Edited by Stalpanter, 31 January 2019 - 12:39 PM.

Kartoshkaya #19 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27383 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

You pretty much risk a one week ban if the bc send the Replay to support.

You had 9 minutes left, it's not like it was crucial for the win. I already got many assh*les like you banned one week or more from the game, shooting allies is ignored by the support since there is an "automated anti tk system wich works fine". But pushing allies, even when it's not into ennemy fire is taken very seriously.

I recommend you to stop bragging in public for being a d*ckhead. You aleady got a slot in my black list meaning kos whenever i meet you in my team.

Stalpanter #20 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8207 battles

View PostKartoshkaya, on 31 January 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

You pretty much risk a one week ban if the bc send the Replay to support.

You had 9 minutes left, it's not like it was crucial for the win. I already got many assh*les like you banned one week or more from the game, shooting allies is ignored by the support since there is an "automated anti tk system wich works fine". But pushing allies, even when it's not into ennemy fire is taken very seriously.

I recommend you to stop bragging in public for being a d*ckhead. You aleady got a slot in my black list meaning kos whenever i meet you in my team.

You must been that B-C player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users