Spotting ally should be punished like a team kill.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

OMG_Abaddon #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9630 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

I've been killed twice while passive scouting by allies.

The first one I was in sand river and took the middle bush next to the building, a 45TP walks behind me and starts shooting, I get hit by arty, then moves back and specifically positions himself so enemies can hit me, of course I didn't even have time to move...

The second one I'm in Live Oaks and I picked the position near the middle on our side of the lake,near the blue house south spawn. A T-34-85 rams me then takes my position in the bush and shoots my tracks when I try to get back.

I reported both players, but knowing how this works I'm inclined towards thinking that won't help at all, besides I already got the undeserved defeat. So please Wargaming, add this kind of act to your system that makes players blue if they grief.

Homer_J #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 31 January 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

I already got the undeserved defeat.

Well they can't give you a win and the guy you are complaining about a loss can they.  And it sounds like they deserved to lose.

We all get the occasional troll, just have some minimap awareness, move away and leave them to it.

Bora_BOOM #3 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 24933 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostHomer_J, on 31 January 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

Well they can't give you a win and the guy you are complaining about a loss can they.  And it sounds like they deserved to lose.

We all get the occasional troll, just have some minimap awareness, move away and leave them to it.

Lol, I have recently tried that. Played BC-12 and got followed around by Obj 430. He parked behind me 3 times thinking he is safe while I am spotting. Eventually, he swallowed his brave pills and went ahead. I got relieved once he got wrecked.  

kubawt112 #4 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Reporting doesn't do squat, and even blatant griefing isn't properly penalized. This behaviour can easily be explained by people not knowing any better, too. Then there are likely issues with how it's supposed to be implemented. Good luck getting any penalties, the way tanks are clumping up on certain maps would practically ensure a ban. I don't think I need to explain why. Best-case you could have a "proximity warning" - which would have limited effect and just serve to annoy the crap out of you.

One could definitely argue, however, that if you're in a light tank camping a bush you are capable of paying attention someone sneaking up on you.

Interestingly, I've found the behaviour you describe rather uncommon, and I play my fair share of light tanks. Perhaps you are unlucky, or your behaviour generally attracts this sort of attention? It's worth considering, at the very least.

I've played a few thousand battles during the course of 2018, and can't honestly recall more than three or four instances of blatant trolling - to the point where I consider it a waste of time to file tickets or even implement any measures against them.

pecopad #5 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25369 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Best thing to do is to reverse the roles...

Just go behind them, get spotted and let them get shot.

In the end you probably both die.... but its better this way.

Its also not uncommon, specially if its an easy access bush, what I usually do is is just go looking for another bush.

Edited by pecopad, 31 January 2019 - 01:23 PM.

Darky1029 #6 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13957 battles

Some miserable people like to grief light tanks because cyka spot, youre scout.

But sometimes they just dont know any better, and its just annoying, but theres not much you can do about it, and theres no way of machine punishing them for it.

Best thing they could do is to raise awarness, a simple tip - If you are spotted, that doesnt mean your ally in front of you is.

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52696 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I got shot in the back in my bat chat, because I escaped enemy fire by hiding behind a rock on airfield where one of our light tanks was. He demanded that I leave "his" rock.

PS I have the replay, because I made a ticket to support and sent it to them! (the replay is public but not linked here it's called Team damage by       ).

They sent me a reply saying players who team damage turn blue and can be shot etc. ie an automated response

I replied;

An unsatisfactory automated reply does NOT deal with my issue.

1. The friendly player did not turn blue.

2. I was on low health and he deliberately shot me killing me. Watch the replay attached to the original ticket.

3. Your automated system fails to deal with deliberate team kills of low health players.

4. This therefore needs a human response by you.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 31 January 2019 - 05:08 PM.

RaxipIx #8 Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32431 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
It's not that common imo. Get it here and there but i just move away from the bush. And if they still follow me, i will try to get spotted and pull behind him.

Baldrickk #9 Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31337 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
Passive scouting from by the buildings on Sand River?

azakow #10 Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 78967 battles

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 31 January 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Replay or it never happend. (I mean the spotting part of your statement.)

OMG_Abaddon #11 Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9630 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View Postpecopad, on 31 January 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Best thing to do is to reverse the roles...

Just go behind them, get spotted and let them get shot.

In the end you probably both die.... but its better this way.

Its also not uncommon, specially if its an easy access bush, what I usually do is is just go looking for another bush.

Right? So what you mean is that in order to not get killed by enemies I should kill myself and get it over with? Right, I almost forgot why I was playing this game.

View Postarthurwellsley, on 31 January 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

I got shot in the back in my bat chat, because I escaped enemy fire by hiding behind a rock on airfield where one of our light tanks was. He demanded that I leave "his" rock.

PS I have the replay, because I made a ticket to support and sent it to them! (the replay is public but not linked here it's called Team damage by       ).

They sent me a reply saying players who team damage turn blue and can be shot etc. ie an automated response

I replied;

An unsatisfactory automated reply does NOT deal with my issue.

1. The friendly player did not turn blue.

2. I was on low health and he deliberately shot me killing me. Watch the replay attached to the original ticket.

3. Your automated system fails to deal with deliberate team kills of low health players.

4. This therefore needs a human response by you.

Tried that several times, doesn't work any time. Flawed system and no backup plan.

Shacou #12 Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21208 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA

View PostBaldrickk, on 31 January 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

Passive scouting from by the buildings on Sand River?

I suppose he meant this location. There is that huge church or mecca indestructible building, it has an arty safe position and also doublebush, it allows you to shoot or spot heavy tanks unspotted. I had a replay where i exploited this location, but it doesnt seem to work anymore.
Try your luck, http://wotreplays.eu...tipo_standard_b

Edited by Shacou, 31 January 2019 - 08:05 PM.

Baldrickk #13 Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31337 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostShacou, on 31 January 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

I suppose he meant this location. There is that huge church or mecca indestructible building, it has an arty safe position and also doublebush, it allows you to shoot or spot heavy tanks unspotted. I had a replay where i exploited this location, but it doesnt seem to work anymore.
Try your luck, http://wotreplays.eu...tipo_standard_b

From the West?

I prefer the bush at the top of the slope.  Gives uou a chance to spot tanks heading South from East base - and shots at them too, usually without being spotted, but also easy spots to the North. 

Shacou #14 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21208 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA

View PostBaldrickk, on 31 January 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

From the West?

I prefer the bush at the top of the slope.  Gives uou a chance to spot tanks heading South from East base - and shots at them too, usually without being spotted, but also easy spots to the North. 

Yes, this position is available only from West, I like going there with mediums who can punch through heavy fronts or lights with above-average caliber guns. But you're right, for a light tank your suggestion seems better.

Edited by Shacou, 31 January 2019 - 10:04 PM.

VeryRisky #15 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 18304 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Almost every possible dumb thing will happen once or twice in the game.   Hell, I once got shot at because I was "stealing damage".....and I was in a M22 Locust.

Hyperuatas #16 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2355 battles

The first one I was in sand river and took the middle bush next to the building, a 45TP walks behind me and starts shooting, I get hit by arty, then moves back and specifically positions himself so enemies can hit me, of course I didn't even have time to move...

The second one I'm in Live Oaks and I picked the position near the middle on our side of the lake,near the blue house south spawn. A T-34-85 rams me then takes my position in the bush and shoots my tracks when I try to get back.

I reported both players, but knowing how this works I'm inclined towards thinking that won't help at all, besides I already got the undeserved defeat. So please Wargaming, add this kind of act to your system that makes players blue if they grief.

Seriously? If we're going to start punishing people for every stupid thing they do there won't be many players left. How about you recognize that the tool in the HT who just pulled up next to your bush will likely get you killed and go somewhere else...I know why you can't do that because personal responsibility..

Baldrickk #17 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31337 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
If a light and a MT/HT/TD are vying for the same bush...

One of them is out of position.

Havenless #18 Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
Yeah, there should be proper punishment for toxic players. :angry:

Rod_75 #19 Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26628 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

It happens , sometimes.

What to fdo? keep an eye on the minimap and yoru sorroundings.

If anyone comes there, move out or ask to go elsewhere.

You cant control them.

And per what we have seen how team damage works, would not fix the problem.

craphappens.

Rod

LordMuffin #20 Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Sometimes the team mates are just as dangerous as the enemies when scouting. 

Which is why you should always move away if you find yourself having a heavy tank behind you in the same bush, as a light tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users