• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11845 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

First question: when?

It was tested already during christmas time. Balance was quite good imo. Some minor adjustments were announced a few weeks back. It seemed ready to be launched. My/our expectation was 22nd of January based on the January sneek preview, but "make room for new vehicles" proved to be best translated as "spend gold to trade your new tank for an old one"...

The EBR 75 was expected prior to patch 1.4, as crew trainer for the upcoming tech tree. Correct me if I'm wrong but expectations for 1.4 are/were next week. So? Where is the EBR 75 offer?

Next question: why?

Based on the 3rd test server iteration, the wheeled vehicles are pretty pointless. You've traded everything to get mobility, which got nerfed to just above light tank level. Spotting is possible but comes at high risk. Damage dealing is difficult with low pen&dpm.

For fun, that's probably the best answer, I really had a blast with the rental EBR. I sure hope they put in the version with initial modifications announced. Even if they remove the boost feature (shame on you WG for the explanation on removing it, which I suspect is false). 

If the offer is decent, the EBR 75 can be a fun premium to train your AMX light crew(s). Basically a competitor for 13 57 or the even. 

What does the 'delay' and modifications imply? Does WG think the wheeled vehicles are bad for the game? Could be. Does WG consider the feedback data from testserver? I hope they don't seriously consider that mess as representative... only light tanks and 4005's hardly represent tier 10...

Personally I was pretty sure I would buy the EBR 75, after 1.5 year without spending money on WoT I was looking forward to this, but it's getting less and less the longer it takes. Also getting a 2 week forum vacation because snowflake reasons doesn't help in opening my wallet, but thats off topic here... A statement from WG on the wheeled vehicles would be nice, but I guess I just have wait a bit more.

TL/DR: EBR 75, when and why?

undutchable80 #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9252 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
If 1.4 does hit on next week wednesday 06 Feb, then I would guess that the EBR 75 would get released this weekend...?

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11845 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postundutchable80, on 31 January 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

If 1.4 does hit on next week wednesday 06 Feb, then I would guess that the EBR 75 would get released this weekend...?

Could be, but that's quite close already. My fear is that 'feedback' from the testserver is gathered to modify the EBR 75.

tajj7 #4 Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26422 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

It'll be hugely disappointing if they do go ahead with removing the boost from these tanks IMO. 

The whole line is underwhelming but tier for tier I think the EBR 75 is going to be the best one and I think for Frontlines it is going to be a fun tank, it's weaknesses are somewhat offset by the mode, what with spotter planes being available to help counter the low view range (plus Inspire which I think you can get up to 15% IIRC which helps the bad view range), and the repair spots help with the low HP. Plus the large maps massively benefit its mobility and with a lot of engagements taking place at longer ranges it will be a lot harder to hit and a lot easier for you to find isolated targets to circle. 

So with or without boost I'll probably buy the EBR, though with boost would be much better. 

The rest of the line I am indifferent to as the tier 9 and 10 have been nerfed into uselessness IMO. 

undutchable80 #5 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9252 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 31 January 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

It'll be hugely disappointing if they do go ahead with removing the boost from these tanks IMO. 

The whole line is underwhelming but tier for tier I think the EBR 75 is going to be the best one and I think for Frontlines it is going to be a fun tank, it's weaknesses are somewhat offset by the mode, what with spotter planes being available to help counter the low view range (plus Inspire which I think you can get up to 15% IIRC which helps the bad view range), and the repair spots help with the low HP. Plus the large maps massively benefit its mobility and with a lot of engagements taking place at longer ranges it will be a lot harder to hit and a lot easier for you to find isolated targets to circle. 

So with or without boost I'll probably buy the EBR, though with boost would be much better. 

The rest of the line I am indifferent to as the tier 9 and 10 have been nerfed into uselessness IMO. 

Think I read / watched a yt vid that indicated that the regular T8 (Lynx) also lost its boost already. :(

azakow #6 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 78900 battles
Nvm

Edited by azakow, 31 January 2019 - 03:18 PM.

_b_ #7 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55679 battles

Buy it? hmm think I'll wait until next xmas and daily tanks and use gold to get those included that aren't already in my garage.

That is IF wg does like this xmas and let us use gold to get tanks; with exception of the 24th where they wanted more money.

If they don't let us purchase vehicles with in-game gold guess I'm done spending no matter how much I'd like the wheeled line,...especially the Puma or some other of the German WWII vehicles :)

Homer_J #8 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 31 January 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

TL/DR: EBR 75, when and why?

My guess is that we would have seen it by now but they held off while they decided if the boost was staying.

It might turn up this weekend in preparation for the patch next week, or they might wait for the map changes before letting it loose.

gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11845 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostHomer_J, on 31 January 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

My guess is that we would have seen it by now but they held off while they decided if the boost was staying.

I fear this might be correct. 

But because of the explanation given on the removal, this would mean there is no way for WG to leave the boost in for the premium and remove it from the tech tree ones, as this is more or less admitting they just removed it because it was thought too powerfull. (Which will be good for sales)... 

falcon_96 #10 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23926 battles
I was hyped up for both EBR 75 and the TT branch, but with the speed nerf and now the removing of the boost... If they release the wheeled branch in the currently tested state i don't see a point to bother grinding it.
Also i tried to find the EBR 75 in compare, but it seems to not be even in the game files on the 1.4 test server.

Sircapalot #11 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42575 battles

There was also talk about changes to the maps to avoid "mountain goating" with the wheeled vehicles. (Did they only find out people would do this after releasing the 1.4 test server?)

Maybe that is a bigger coding job then they thought at first.

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11845 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postfalcon_96, on 31 January 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

I was hyped up for both EBR 75 and the TT branch, but with the speed nerf and now the removing of the boost... If they release the wheeled branch in the currently tested state i don't see a point to bother grinding it.
Also i tried to find the EBR 75 in compare, but it seems to not be even in the game files on the 1.4 test server.

Same. I saw someone mentioning the tier 8 premium was better than the tier 9 tech tree one, but unfortunately it's not possible to check it out. The rental one is still in my garage but I cannot change anything on it to compare them.

14:55 Added after 2 minutes

View PostSircapalot, on 31 January 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

There was also talk about changes to the maps to avoid "mountain goating" with the wheeled vehicles. (Did they only find out people would do this after releasing the 1.4 test server?)

Maybe that is a bigger coding job then they thought at first.

Thats also a feasible and logic explanation. 

tajj7 #13 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26422 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 31 January 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Same. I saw someone mentioning the tier 8 premium was better than the tier 9 tech tree one, but unfortunately it's not possible to check it out. The rental one is still in my garage but I cannot change anything on it to compare them.

14:55 Added after 2 minutes

Thats also a feasible and logic explanation. 

The EBR 75 has only had buffs, aside the global change of removing the boost mode.

IIRC from when we got to test it on live, they made the reload lower, buffed the engine power, made the wheels harder to damage and some other hidden stats got buffed. In common test 2 and 3, no mention was made of any changes to it, so it is as it on tanks.gg when you look at 1.4 public test.

It's very clearly better than the tier 8 tech tree one. 

Has -

• More DPM
  • More HP
  • Faster aim time
  • Better accuracy
  • Goes faster in cruise mode both/forward and back.
  • Goes faster backwards in rapid mode (Lynx got nerfed from 82kph to 60kph)
  • Slightly more hp/ton
  • Less paper armour for the odd bounce and the wheels cover more of the side of the vehicle so more troll bounces.

Only thing the Lynx has is alpha damage and 2mm more pen, but then the EBR has the auto-loader so it's alpha damage is basically 350. 

Homer_J #14 Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postfalcon_96, on 31 January 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

It's there and the rental is still in my garage but I can't use it or add it to the comparison tool.

I can do this though.  Same crews and equipment on both. [correction] The 90 has a rammer which the 75 can't take.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Homer_J, 31 January 2019 - 05:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users