So I get a chat ban for responding to griefers...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

camalbitboy #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28359 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

So well done Wargaming.

You've just handed me a chat ban despite the fact that I've only ever used 'salty' language in response to others giving me grief, or when I have been intentionally team damaged. I wonder if you've bothered to do anything to the people that were throwing insults at me, shooting me etc? I've had team mates shoot me 3 times and not even go blue so I doubt it.

I regularly see far worse than I've ever said, and yet I see no come back on them. I really support trying to clean up the game, but when I see others with far worse behaviours than mine apparently have no consequences how am i meant to think that your 'rules' are just not applied consistently or fairly?

How about you try looking at the stats and general behaviour of a player before applying bans? I'll bet that I have one of the lowest team damage to game ratios out there, I don't even cause team ram damage if I can possibly avoid it.

If today's ban is in response to a chat message I sent yesterday how about you look at the match that I was in with that player and maybe apply some judgement as to whether its understandable that i got annoyed with a muppet that repeatedly tried to push me out of cover to get me killed? If I was told the he got banned too I'd think fair enough, I did use language that broke the rules (language that I see in 2 out of 3 matches...) and maybe I'd change my behaviour, and maybe so would he. But to just get an automated ban for language against a guy that is setting out to ruin the game for others is just ridiculous if you do nothing to him.

And while we're talking about language, yes I have insulted people, almost always in response to them insulting me first, but while calling someone a muppet (insert stronger version of muppet here) it is not a patch on some of the "I wish your mum was dead, you die of cancer" etc that i see everyday on your servers. So how about a bit of intelligence here?

Cam

Hyperuatas #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2355 battles

View Postcamalbitboy, on 31 January 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

So well done Wargaming.

You've just handed me a chat ban despite the fact that I've only ever used 'salty' language in response to others giving me grief, or when I have been intentionally team damaged. I wonder if you've bothered to do anything to the people that were throwing insults at me, shooting me etc? I've had team mates shoot me 3 times and not even go blue so I doubt it.

I regularly see far worse than I've ever said, and yet I see no come back on them. I really support trying to clean up the game, but when I see others with far worse behaviours than mine apparently have no consequences how am i meant to think that your 'rules' are just not applied consistently or fairly?

How about you try looking at the stats and general behaviour of a player before applying bans? I'll bet that I have one of the lowest team damage to game ratios out there, I don't even cause team ram damage if I can possibly avoid it.

If today's ban is in response to a chat message I sent yesterday how about you look at the match that I was in with that player and maybe apply some judgement as to whether its understandable that i got annoyed with a muppet that repeatedly tried to push me out of cover to get me killed? If I was told the he got banned too I'd think fair enough, I did use language that broke the rules (language that I see in 2 out of 3 matches...) and maybe I'd change my behaviour, and maybe so would he. But to just get an automated ban for language against a guy that is setting out to ruin the game for others is just ridiculous if you do nothing to him.

And while we're talking about language, yes I have insulted people, almost always in response to them insulting me first, but while calling someone a muppet (insert stronger version of muppet here) it is not a patch on some of the "I wish your mum was dead, you die of cancer" etc that i see everyday on your servers. So how about a bit of intelligence here?

Cam

Really, so people with good stats can be bigger bags?? makes perfect sense.

camalbitboy #3 Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28359 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

View PostHarpalusKarmalus, on 31 January 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

View PostHarpalusKarmalus, on 31 January 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Please read it properly. I was suggesting that if a player with hundreds of battle buddy awards (the good play award that we can see) or had a very good ratio of not team damaging team mates (which we can't see but WOT can) was insulting a player that had a really bad ratio then maybe the person throwing an insult might have good reason? I obv wasn't suggesting WN8 or number of top guns because that would make no sense....

Jigabachi #4 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
1. What does teamdamage have to do with chatban?
2. What's with that childish "But others are far worse!"-attitude?
3. How do you know that other players don't get banned?

You got banned because you said something nasty in the chat. That's it. If that is your first ban, it should only have a duration of one hour or something like that. Learn from it and be done with it.

eekeeboo #5 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45932 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

Two wrongs don't make a right and I see you understand this, but alternatively, you have no way currently of knowing if another person does/did get punished. This is your perception and may skew your perspective on how people normally behave. 

As you say support have and can see your liberal use of some "adult" language so you can imagine, irrespective of the scenario and content, they will sanction based on the content. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users