So sick of 'Gold' whiners

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

dsotm44 #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45288 battles

I have been playing this game so long now, that I cannot remember when premium ammo became available for credits instead of gold. And still after some games, some aggrieved party will predictably message me in the garage that I am a 'cheater', or 'have no skill', or 'cannot win' without using 'Gold' ammo.

I have news for these people - THERE IS NO SUCH THINGS AS 'GOLD' - there is only cheap ammo - or more expensive ammo. If you are some cheap tightwad who does not want to spend credits on expensive ammo - fine - but STOP WHINING at people who do.

And here is the real rank, stinking, hypocrisy of these people: Every single of one of their vehicles will be fitted with all available upgrade modules - in order to improve their chances of winning. They will use the expensive (gold or silver) consumables - to improve their chances of winning. They will use hard won directives - to improve their chances of winning. They  buy free research credits with GOLD to research vehicles, or increase crew skills - to improve their chances of winning.  So -  they are quite happy to use 99% of all upgrades that cost silver or Gold, but run around clutching at their pearls, with their hair on fire when someone uses the one upgrade they ARE TOO CHEAP TO USE.

All of my vehicle loadouts (except SPG's) include some premium ammo. Why? Because the game physics of armour thickness/slope vs penetrative capability of shells REQUIRES IT. And before the usual parties jump in with "oh you can hit weakspots - using premium has no skill" - try frontally penetrating an AT2 from 300m in a T40 with even premium ammo - even then the only weak spot is the cupola.

On higher tiers its even worse. There are T9-10 tanks *cough* Russian *cough, that are so buffed they can ONLY be penned with premium ammo - and only on a day where there are two blue moons in the sky, the day ends on a 'q' not a 'y', edited

So if after all of the above you are a Virtue Signalling edited who STILL wants to message me after the game with 5 yr old insults, grammar and spelling -  be prepared for an extensive and very detailed edited discussion edited

Edited by BunnyCommander, 05 February 2019 - 01:10 PM.
Offensive language

OneSock #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36850 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postdsotm44, on 31 January 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

THERE IS NO SUCH THINGS AS 'GOLD'

It is still gold colour on the hit log.

Maybe WG should change it to blue or purple ?

satakuua #3 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11341 battles
  • [HKI] HKI
Or puppies.

wsatnutter #4 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25822 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Op I can see your point m8 your garage is your castle and when peeps venture into mine they leave with the ear bent

dsotm44 #5 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45288 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 31 January 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

Op I can see your point m8 your garage is your castle and when peeps venture into mine they leave with the ear bent

They leave mine without ears. :izmena:

HanZi #6 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45910 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View Postdsotm44, on 31 January 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

(edited)

Still, if you have to use "prem" ammo, to get by in WOT, maybe you are not that good a tanker.

Premium ammo is (edited) ammo. My oppinion.

Edited by pippu_destroyerofworlds, 31 January 2019 - 06:13 PM.
Insulting

dsotm44 #7 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45288 battles

View PostHanZi, on 31 January 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

Still, if you have to use "prem" ammo, to get by in WOT, maybe you are not that good a tanker.

Well unless the tanks YOU use in game are all stock with no upgrades, no modules, and no consumables then you are a hypocrite - because all of those additions are premium upgrades in the same way the premium ammo is. In my opinion.

But please feel free to justify your use of all upgrades (except one) and yet still call others 'idiots' - I would really be interested in seeing your arguments

Edited by pippu_destroyerofworlds, 31 January 2019 - 06:14 PM.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20900 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Using premium ammo on the right target is a logical move, especially in today overbuffed armour meta without weackspots. So I wouldn't care about those whiners. 

But IMO premium ammo need a rework, because as it is now in many tanks there is no sensible disadvantage in going around full gold. 

Many armour layouts needs rework too, having back weackspots for lower tier veicles.

Edited by Dava_117, 31 January 2019 - 04:03 PM.

dsotm44 #9 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45288 battles

Just a warning to anyone coming into this thread agreeing with this quote. If you have fitted an upgraded barrel, for reasons of better pen and damage than the stock barrel, and you come in here to criticise people who use premium ammo, so that it gives them BETTER PEN AND DAMAGE - you are truly going to look like the worlds biggest (edited)

Edited by pippu_destroyerofworlds, 31 January 2019 - 06:16 PM.

KillingJoker #10 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37071 battles

there are some cases where the usage of premium rounds is a sign of intelligence...

. when trying to hit a target at long distances, and if the ammunition is apcr, it becames more easy to connect the shot

. when there is little chance of penetrate a target at certain angle and the shot is critical to your survival

. when premium rounds represent more alpha damage than regular rounds.

. When the AP rounds penetration is very poor for its tier and the chances of sucess are RNG related

But there are also some cases where the usage of premium rounds means a tremendous level of stupidity.

. When playing tier X tanks in a 3-5-7 mm

. when absolutely not necessary and people still spamm ammunition like heat, sometimes being trolled by spaced armor or tracks

. when trying to kill non-armored vehicles. 

There is a reason why WG announced the nerf of premium rounds alpha damage, and that is obviously a measure they are taking against people who use premium rounds by standard, people who use premium rounds while trying to mark tanks is an example of that, it really distorts not only the meta as also distorts the competitive side of the game.

In clan wars the usage of premium rounds isn't obviously contested, because its real competitive environment, no one wants to fail, but in random battles becomes very annoying when you are trying to play again'st someone with AP, and then they just decide to spamm gold on you... this happened to me a couple times in my Lowe, and it really pisses me off, specially they are tier IX or X heavies, because you can really tell when certain players are lamme... 

laulaur #11 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47279 battles
  • [FUS2D] FUS2D

View Postwsatnutter, on 31 January 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Postdsotm44, on 31 January 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

They leave mine without ears. :izmena:

Guys, you should stop being so cheap and upgrade your garage defenses already, everyone who manages to enter mine have already lost the ears, one leg and maybe a few fingers (those crocodiles in the moat had really worth the investment).

Regarding people complaining about gold ammo or whatever is called, 99% of the are just frustrated guys that they also use the same ammo without regrets. I am so amused when people playing paper tanks complain that someone shoot gold at them, when it is literally no difference in the outcome for them. They should be happy people do not shoot HE at them, that would be more painful.

And those who play armored tanks and complain about expensive ammo: what do you expect people to shoot at you when you play a retard-proof bunker with almost no weakspots?

Sirebellus #12 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20740 battles

Premium ammo is IDIOT ammo. My oppinion.

My opinion is        

That it doesn't matter who you are or how good you are, or where on the opposing tank you are aiming, sometimes Premium Ammo will penetrate more often than normal ammo, it may only be 1 shot in 10, but that shot, that penetration might be the determining factor that wins the game.
Anyone who doesn't fire Premium Ammo all the time is therefore NOT doing the best they can in the game

(That being said I load full gold in only 2 tanks (PzB2 and Valentine II) and rarely if ever fire gold ammo in any other tank, but then I am only an average player, I'd be a Unicum if I fired full gold !)

OMG_Abaddon #13 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9451 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

Funny because you don't propose any arguments, you just call names and put your text in big capital bold letters... which honestly doesn't make your point any more valid. I personally call gold/premium/pay2win ammo that "special" ammo that costs too much for a free player to use and has no drawbacks compared to standard ammo, but does have improvements.

AP ammo deals 100 damage and 100 penetration? Pretty sure gold ammo is APCR that deals 100 damage and has 150 penetration with 30% more bullet speed. That's the pay2win ammo, the gold ammo, the whatever you call it.

#Facts

shikaka9 #14 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 64258 battles
  • [SWM] SWM

View PostKillingJoker, on 31 January 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

But there are also some cases where the usage of premium rounds means a tremendous level of stupidity.

. When playing tier X tanks in a 3-5-7 mm

. when absolutely not necessary and people still spamm ammunition like heat, sometimes being trolled by spaced armor or tracks

. when trying to kill non-armored vehicles. 

. when try to kill obvious AFK

CrazyLovex #15 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17685 battles

View Postdsotm44, on 31 January 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

(edited)

oh he BIG mad..lol 

Edited by pippu_destroyerofworlds, 31 January 2019 - 06:19 PM.

Discontinued #16 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

View Postdsotm44, on 31 January 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

All of my vehicle loadouts (except SPG's) include some premium ammo. 

For some reason i cant post outside this dumb box so 

What you don't use "gold/silver ammo" in arty.....surely you should do this just to wind idiots up even more there's noting like a pm saying gold arty ***** and then a death threat or some similar insult follows, they must be the most amateur hit-men in the world because I'm still waiting for a visit. who's hiring these people?

when morons send me these pms i just say get a job you bum

Edited by Discontinued, 31 January 2019 - 04:31 PM.

dsotm44 #17 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45288 battles

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 31 January 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

Funny because you don't propose any arguments, you just call names and put your text in big capital bold letters... which honestly doesn't make your point any more valid. I personally call gold/premium/pay2win ammo that "special" ammo that costs too much for a free player to use and has no drawbacks compared to standard ammo, but does have improvements.

AP ammo deals 100 damage and 100 penetration? Pretty sure gold ammo is APCR that deals 100 damage and has 150 penetration with 30% more bullet speed. That's the pay2win ammo, the gold ammo, the whatever you call it.

#Facts

"I personally call gold/premium/pay2win ammo that "special" ammo that costs too much for a free player to use and has no drawbacks compared to standard ammo, but does have improvements."

Which is exactly the same for all other module and consumable improvements. If a player cannot afford an upgrade gun barrel because he has no credits, then he is in the same position as you postulate - there is no difference between grinding and spending credits on a much better gun (which always has better ammo - that is also usually more expensive than stock ammo), and spending extra credits on premium ammo. 

And by the way, there is no pay2win anymore for years now - you are not paying actual cash or buying gold with actual cash in order to purchase premium ammo - you are using in-game virtual credits which cost nothing except time.

Good enough argument for you? Perhaps you could explain why all your tanks are fitted with upgraded guns that have better pen and damage? Or did you upgrade because the graphics of the new barrel look sexy on your monitor?

Edited by dsotm44, 31 January 2019 - 04:36 PM.

Rati_Festa #18 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45645 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postdsotm44, on 31 January 2019 - 03:34 PM, 

(edited)

How to make friends and influence people :)

I agree with you though, I get the odd idiot complaining, it entertains me greatly when they are in a heavy and higher tier :)

Edited by pippu_destroyerofworlds, 31 January 2019 - 06:32 PM.

dsotm44 #19 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45288 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 31 January 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

How to make friends and influence people :)

I agree with you though, I get the odd idiot complaining, it entertains me greatly when they are in a heavy and higher tier :)

(edited)

Edited by pippu_destroyerofworlds, 31 January 2019 - 06:32 PM.
Insulting

Dramakid19 #20 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13558 battles
  • [NN9] NN9
Biggest nerf is about to come after Wg lowers dmg of gold aka "special" ammo. More of 50% players will be nerfed. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users