Jump to content


World of Tanks and the cloak of night

camo viewrange spotting bug

  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

the_nebuchadnezzar #41 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50773 battles
  • 1,436
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013

View PostBordhaw, on 31 January 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

What, no GIF?! OMG... are you ok?



AliceUnchained #42 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:21 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38955 battles
  • 9,338
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostSuNo_TeSLa, on 10 February 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Of course, be warned includes some toxic behaviour on my part, you'll probably see why and what.

 

Edit: I'm of course not entirely fact-resistant, so if you can explain it, please do :)

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4774269#stats

 

An actual timestamp would have been helpful, but I'm guessing you meant the disappearance at 03.35-03.36. At that time the T-44 is at a distance of 388 meters, not exactly 'roughly 300 meters' is it? At that moment you actually have a small bush in between you and the T-44, which would suggest LoS is broken. You then proceed moving forward while have the bush row to the right in between at more than 15 meters (as they're not transparent) which again would break LoS. The T-44 appears to have driven forward and to the side into the tree and bush line to your left, but there was a small window when you moved where I normally would have assumed LoS to have been restored. Having that T-44 player his/her replay would be quite useful, knowing how exactly he/she moved after being tracked and then disappearing.

 

However: Using a Tiger II, which has 390 meter view range as well and adding enhancements to give 467,5 meters you would be able to spot a moving T-44 with camo paint and 100% crew skill at 363,5 meters only. Even with LoS, you would not have been able to spot that moving T-44. Seems to me, everything was working just fine in that game. At least if we choose to believe WOTINFO on its calculated numbers. Thank you very much for the replay, as this simply is the way to go. Provide a replay (preferably with a timestamp), and someone, of several someones will take a look at it and try to explain what happened. More often than not, it is possible with the game mechanics we have in WoT (and we're aware of).

 

If you want, we can even test this as I still have a T-44 in garage (just no crew for it currently, but that can easily be fixed).


Edited by AliceUnchained, 10 February 2019 - 02:25 PM.


_Flagada_Jones_ #43 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33809 battles
  • 1,535
  • [OMGR] OMGR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

Don't forget "spot" system work like waves.

I don't know if "waves" are the same for all the tanks or not.

It doesn't spot instant, it spot when a wave "hit" something in range.


It can explain this. Like it can explain some spot at less than 50meters.


Edited by _Flagada_Jones_, 10 February 2019 - 02:34 PM.


SuNo_TeSLa #44 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40444 battles
  • 216
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostAliceUnchained, on 10 February 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

 

An actual timestamp would have been helpful, but I'm guessing you meant the disappearance at 03.35-03.36. At that time the T-44 is at a distance of 388 meters, not exactly 'roughly 300 meters' is it? At that moment you actually have a small bush in between you and the T-44, which would suggest LoS is broken. You then proceed moving forward while have the bush row to the right in between at more than 15 meters (as they're not transparent) which again would break LoS. The T-44 appears to have driven forward and to the side into the tree and bush line to your left, but there was a small window when you moved where I normally would have assumed LoS to have been restored. Having that T-44 player his/her replay would be quite useful, knowing how exactly he/she moved after being tracked and then disappearing.

 

However: Using a Tiger II, which has 390 meter view range as well and adding enhancements to give 467,5 meters you would be able to spot a moving T-44 with camo paint and 100% crew skill at 363,5 meters only. Even with LoS, you would not have been able to spot that moving T-44. Seems to me, everything was working just fine in that game. At least if we choose to believe WOTINFO on its calculated numbers. Thank you very much for the replay, as this simply is the way to go. Provide a replay (preferably with a timestamp), and someone, of several someones will take a look at it and try to explain what happened. More often than not, it is possible with the game mechanics we have in WoT (and we're aware of).

 

If you want, we can even test this as I still have a T-44 in garage (just no crew for it currently, but that can easily be fixed).

 

It's not the one at 3.35, it's much later at the end of the game when it's me and the skorpion g vs him.

AliceUnchained #45 Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:02 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38955 battles
  • 9,338
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostSuNo_TeSLa, on 10 February 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

It's not the one at 3.35, it's much later at the end of the game when it's me and the skorpion g vs him.

 

Well that is towards the end of the game with just you, the Skorpion G and that T-44. That 03.35-03.36 is the time left on the counter. Perhaps next time watch your own replay first, before posting?

 

Edit: So, have you read my previous response properly? Can you now understand why that T-44 no longer was spotted?


Edited by AliceUnchained, 10 February 2019 - 05:22 PM.


azakow #46 Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:08 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 79243 battles
  • 4,938
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View Post_Flagada_Jones_, on 10 February 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

Don't forget "spot" system work like waves.

I don't know if "waves" are the same for all the tanks or not.

It doesn't spot instant, it spot when a wave "hit" something in range.


It can explain this. Like it can explain some spot at less than 50meters.

Have a look here:


Edited by azakow, 10 February 2019 - 03:08 PM.


Darky1029 #47 Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 14011 battles
  • 1,000
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

World of Tanks is back at it again



AliceUnchained #48 Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:24 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38955 battles
  • 9,338
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

 

Read the rest of the post already... Seriously... You would not have been able to spot that T-44 at that distance any longer. READ the FULL post # 42.  And if you did check the replay, why couldn't you yourself notice the 388 meter distance. Why would you need to 'trust me'? Trust your own eyes.

 

I'm not even sure that bush would have blocked LoS, but since the T-44 was outside detection range for you  anyway it did not matter in that situation. 



SuNo_TeSLa #49 Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40444 battles
  • 216
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostAliceUnchained, on 10 February 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

 

Read the rest of the post already... Seriously, are you that dense? You would not have been able to spot that T-44 at that distance any longer. READ the FULL post # 42. Understand?

 

Always the friendly guy eh? It did look funky, and I will not go full maths wiz on this, since I don't have his stats for crew etc guess we'll never know :)

AliceUnchained #50 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:05 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38955 battles
  • 9,338
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostSuNo_TeSLa, on 10 February 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

Always the friendly guy eh? It did look funky, and I will not go full maths wiz on this, since I don't have his stats for crew etc guess we'll never know 

 

What does friendliness have to do with this? You claimed a T-44 disappeared at 'roughly 300 meters' when in reality it did so at 388 meters. You were then given a proper explanation which you do not even accept, you merely come up with 3 stupid responses in which you clearly demonstrate not even having bothered reading the explanation. Which itself is plain rude and ungrateful, yet you expect friendliness? 

 

And we do know: That T-44 simply was out of detection range for you. Absolutely nothing to do with going 'full math wiz', everything to do with knowing basic game mechanics. And doing some very basic checking yourself. 



SilviettaG #51 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:25 AM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 5 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    09-10-2018

Hello guys,

 

I removed some non constructive comments.

 

Please follow our Forum Rules. Thank you! :B

 

Have a nice day! :coin:







Also tagged with camo, viewrange, spotting, bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users