Jump to content


Possibility of separating players by WN8 and percentages of hits on server 1 and 2

MM

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Furija111 #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14404 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    12-20-2015

I would like the players to express their opinion about this division.
The punishment on the chat inspired me to this topic. It's only a matter of time that MM WoT introduces WN8 criteria and statistics. It is not normal that only the criteria of the strength of the tanks and the statistics of the players are ignored, I mean the players playing this game without interest to progress, but they are used to exhaust and show how much money they have, and they buy premium tanks with money, and experience, in the party, they talk and go without a connection, they die, and when they say something to you, they apply to you admin, because these rules are such as to protect those who provoke their play, not words. One is when one does not know how to play after 0-1500 battles, but quite another thing when a player after 14,000 plays has 7.16% hits and WN8-0. I have a few examples here. It's time to admire WoT's policy change, so make two servers. One for gamers who care about the game and progress, and others with this game means nothing but treating frustration and showing wealth because they have WN8-0 but all the premium tanks that have ever been made.

 

*edited*  


Edited by Jahpero, 01 February 2019 - 10:46 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming and shaming.


Balc0ra #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72874 battles
  • 20,708
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

WG have said it before, and they keep saying it again. Won't ever happen. They won't punish or separate parts of the playerbase. Some play on EU1 due to the ping, not due to the WN8. And what if I have a mate that worse then me. Can I go to the bad server and platoon with him? Or can he come to me? 

 

Tho WG did have the new player protection. But they removed it as it protected alt accounts too.


Edited by Balc0ra, 31 January 2019 - 07:31 PM.


kubawt112 #3 Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 758
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Can you elaborate on how this is an issue, OP?

 

Personally, I'd love for the forums to be separated in a similar way. One section for those who care about the forum and constructive discussion, the other one for those who don't, and prefer to post for fun, breach the rules and spam threads containing Kafkaesque sentences.



Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:34 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9077 battles
  • 6,266
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Nice naming and shaming you got going on there.

 

Also, the possibility of it is zero.



anonym_32bOyLluvSuR #5 Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 799
  • Member since:
    07-31-2019

View PostBalc0ra, on 31 January 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

WG have said it before, and they keep saying it again. Won't ever happen. They won't punish or separate parts of the playerbase. Some play on EU1 due to the ping, not due to the WN8. And what if I have a mate that worse then me. Can I go to the bad server and platoon with him? Or can he come to me? 

 

Tho WG did have the new player protection. But they removed it as it protected alt accounts too.

 

Exactly this

 

other games implemented different skill settings

 

and it was a disaster..

 

a good example is combat arms they used ti have various servers, one for high KD players which game 15% extra exp...cool you think? nope it was horrible they only wanted to player co op and fireteam mode or the bs  non respawn matches for pros, where win loss was all that counted, needless to say that server was dead very dead you'd wait ages to get a game...no body played on it.

 

Then they had Delta server which you could only get into if you had a Kd of less than 0.90 :playing:

 

i used to loved Delta so much, it gave 10% exp for playing there...so of course i went here to seal club like crazy with my twin scorpion machine pistols, and generally horribly op equipment...my record was 38 kills in a 100 kill match! Not because i was good at the game.

 

But because i was seal clubbing...eventually my stats would rise to a point you could no longer enter Delta server.

 

So what did I do,

 

I set the keyboard up with a weight on the W key and would suicide for 3-4 days at a time in order to get into my favoured noob server!

 

They even had a premium server, that was only for players who spent real cash..it gave 30% extra exp. but was the same everyone doing co-op or stupid fire teams and zombies trying to farm exp. so eventually they dissolved all servers and just had 1

 

reason for edit,#

Again nice naming and shaming that 1st screen show a well know dude who talks a lot in general chat on server 2...hes a good bloke who cares about his stats?

gonna go and mention it to him now

 

Lets see him come here and comment on this too?

 

ill invite him to post!

 

shame this post will get closed after my breakdown of why skillbased servers are a p[oor idea!



AliceUnchained #6 Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 39029 battles
  • 9,502
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

Sure, but then let's add a 3rd server so we can have one for those who care about the game with a win rate higher than 50% (or 52%, it's arbitrary), one for those who care about the game with a win rate lower than 50%, and one for the rest. Or perhaps split those who care into < 45%, 45% - 55% and > 55%? Maybe split those who don't care further as well? 

 

Or even better, a separate server for forum dwellers with post count > 500.



ApocalypseSquad #7 Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:46 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27189 battles
  • 2,213
  • Member since:
    07-31-2011
That second one deserves a medal.  61% wr on the Black Prince?  I wish I could be that bad....

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24334 battles
  • 11,851
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostFurija111, on 31 January 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

Naming and shaming

I thought you were a unicum the way you were going on.



SABAOTH #9 Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40172 battles
  • 3,494
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

My opinion is:

 

Is stupid



Furija111 #10 Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14404 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    12-20-2015

View Postkubawt112, on 31 January 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Can you elaborate on how this is an issue, OP?

 

Personally, I'd love for the forums to be separated in a similar way. One section for those who care about the forum and constructive discussion, the other one for those who don't, and prefer to post for fun, breach the rules and spam threads containing Kafkaesque sentences.

How do i make you an elaborate? Well, only with the screenshots of the battles, the moves, and the very MM. I see your score and I see you feeling so-called because after 3000 bits you have 30% hits, but it's not about you, it's about players who have 14,000 bits and 7% hits. Nobody can ever feel that it is normal, especially that the man stands with the KV1 behind the rocks and shoots into the air as artillery, and that is the whole battle (this is the third in the picture) and he moved only to the rocks and stopped.
One can not convince me that a man after 75,000 battles has only 24% hits, stands and shoots unrelated, when you complain about such a game, the man replied "Child it's just a game, sue me, and if you do not have the money to make you stop to play".
These are the players. MM is a weird thing, here is a screen shot battle, a team with a small WN8. Counter team with a relatively high WN8, breaker, the strength of tanks in 99% of the cases means nothing, because when a man can not play can have whatever tank if he can not guess target or can not be set.

Here's how I figure out, these are yours and my stats with the same tanks, so now you see the ratios.
 

*edited*  


Edited by Jahpero, 01 February 2019 - 10:47 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming and shaming..


Bordhaw #11 Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:22 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14894 battles
  • 4,892
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostFurija111, on 31 January 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

I would like the players to express their opinion about this division.
The punishment on the chat inspired me to this topic. It's only a matter of time that MM WoT introduces WN8 criteria and statistics. It is not normal that only the criteria of the strength of the tanks and the statistics of the players are ignored, I mean the players playing this game without interest to progress, but they are used to exhaust and show how much money they have, and they buy premium tanks with money, and experience, in the party, they talk and go without a connection, they die, and when they say something to you, they apply to you admin, because these rules are such as to protect those who provoke their play, not words. One is when one does not know how to play after 0-1500 battles, but quite another thing when a player after 14,000 plays has 7.16% hits and WN8-0. I have a few examples here. It's time to admire WoT's policy change, so make two servers. One for gamers who care about the game and progress, and others with this game means nothing but treating frustration and showing wealth because they have WN8-0 but all the premium tanks that have ever been made.

 



Homer_J #12 Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • 35,424
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostFurija111, on 31 January 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

I would like the players to express their opinion about this division.
 

 

I think it's still the most retarded idea anyone ever came up with.

 

If you put all the 70% winrate players together what do you think will happen to their win rate?

 

Likewise all the 30% players?

 

Suddenly they all have 50%.

 

Since the bad players are no longer being farmed by the good players their damage will go up and with that their WN8, the good players will now be fighting other good players for a finite damage pool so their WN8 will drop.

 

Now how do you separate them?

 

WoT has always been based on the idea that good players earn the right to pwn.  If you don't like that then go find another game.


Edited by Homer_J, 31 January 2019 - 09:30 PM.


jack_timber #13 Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:40 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40301 battles
  • 3,249
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Express an opinion, ok then.

NO, there was are all expressed out now...



kubawt112 #14 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 758
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostFurija111, on 31 January 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

How do i make you an elaborate? Well, only with the screenshots of the battles, the moves, and the very MM. I see your score and I see you feeling so-called because after 3000 bits you have 30% hits, but it's not about you, it's about players who have 14,000 bits and 7% hits. Nobody can ever feel that it is normal, especially that the man stands with the KV1 behind the rocks and shoots into the air as artillery, and that is the whole battle (this is the third in the picture) and he moved only to the rocks and stopped.
One can not convince me that a man after 75,000 battles has only 24% hits, stands and shoots unrelated, when you complain about such a game, the man replied "Child it's just a game, sue me, and if you do not have the money to make you stop to play".
These are the players. MM is a weird thing, here is a screen shot battle, a team with a small WN8. Counter team with a relatively high WN8, breaker, the strength of tanks in 99% of the cases means nothing, because when a man can not play can have whatever tank if he can not guess target or can not be set.

Here's how I figure out, these are yours and my stats with the same tanks, so now you see the ratios.
 

 

I'm not asking you to explain what is the issue, but how this is an issue. I'd also expect an idea to contain a couple of lines on how to fix the issue. I have tried my best to fix this particular issue - the thread that is - but you might have time for that still.

 

Indeed, it's a marvel that someone can play the game without doing anything. It's not great for the game, but half the time (a slight bit more, actually, since you've barely managed to get past that stage) he's on the enemy team. When he is on the enemy team, you may get to kick his butt - something I'm sure a player that barely breached 48% winrate after playing a few hundred games in the T29.

In other words: You are under the illusion that you're a player that's worth taking note of.

You're not. I'm sure this is because you get so many "bad teams".

Newsflash: There are players who without much trouble can go well over 50% winrate without much trouble, and they generally get the exact same teams as you do.

 

Oh, and as much as I appreciate your extensive documentation, this is, ahem, actually not about me. Let's say that this is the account I use when I am on, uhm, vacation. I have really bad ping when travelling, you see, and have my reasons for using one that isn't tied to my personal e-mail account.

I do however appreciate you opening the door for me to retort using similar means as yourself. In this case, it makes no sense at all to point at that this account has been played worse than yours. It does, however, make sense to point at that you belong in, or at least close to, the very heap you want to build.

 

 

View PostAliceUnchained, on 31 January 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

(...)

Or even better, a separate server for forum dwellers with post count > 500.

 

Separate forum section would be pretty fun, though, especially if you could post there while banned on vacation! :)

 

View PostDiscontinued, on 31 January 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

(...)

 

You should go post in this thread:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/698544-i-am-done-with-world-of-tanks-until-skill-based-mm/page__st__80__p__16606874#entry16606874

 

Some just don't seem to believe that there are people who would voluntarily ruin their stats.To be clear, I'd probably that in case of SBMM in WoT - because I'm actually that childish.


Edited by kubawt112, 31 January 2019 - 11:17 PM.


G01ngToxicCommand0 #15 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37465 battles
  • 811
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View PostFurija111, on 31 January 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

I would like the players to express their opinion about this division.
The punishment on the chat inspired me to this topic. It's only a matter of time that MM WoT introduces WN8 criteria and statistics. It is not normal that only the criteria of the strength of the tanks and the statistics of the players are ignored, I mean the players playing this game without interest to progress, but they are used to exhaust and show how much money they have, and they buy premium tanks with money, and experience, in the party, they talk and go without a connection, they die, and when they say something to you, they apply to you admin, because these rules are such as to protect those who provoke their play, not words. One is when one does not know how to play after 0-1500 battles, but quite another thing when a player after 14,000 plays has 7.16% hits and WN8-0. I have a few examples here. It's time to admire WoT's policy change, so make two servers. One for gamers who care about the game and progress, and others with this game means nothing but treating frustration and showing wealth because they have WN8-0 but all the premium tanks that have ever been made.

 

It is far better and more effective to just uninstall the game and then let Wargaming know on the forum why. Eventually Wargaming will either give in or go broke.

grensu #16 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 38349 battles
  • 371
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-25-2011
well tbh . .if you want to play against "better players" you go on EU2 .. since loads of them are too lazy (myself included) to hop servers for CW/SH

seXikanac #17 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:19 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13378 battles
  • 1,131
  • [-YU-] -YU-
  • Member since:
    09-27-2012
I'm pretty sure WG will not split its player base this way. What I suspect they will do, and what they should have done ages ago is to use stats as one of the parameters in matchmaking. That way those kinds of issues would be solved

Baldrickk #18 Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:12 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32165 battles
  • 16,715
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostseXikanac, on 01 February 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure WG will not split its player base this way. What I suspect they will do, and what they should have done ages ago is to use stats as one of the parameters in matchmaking. That way those kinds of issues would be solved

What's the difference? You introduce a league system,  you're still splitting the player base,  you're just doing it in layers across servers instead of between them. 

00:14 Added after 1 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 31 January 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

WG have said it before, and they keep saying it again. Won't ever happen. They won't punish or separate parts of the playerbase. Some play on EU1 due to the ping, not due to the WN8. And what if I have a mate that worse then me. Can I go to the bad server and platoon with him? Or can he come to me? 

 

Tho WG did have the new player protection. But they removed it as it protected alt accounts too.

 They got rid of it? Do you know when?

 

Alt accounts will always exist, and at least new alt accounts have new crews,  unlike dedicated padders with 10k battles in tier 2 tanks



malowany #19 Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6122 battles
  • 647
  • [H-O-A] H-O-A
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011
Thats the wrong way of going about it. Either provide ranks like any other skill heavy game, or decrease number of factors that limit your ability to influence outcome of the battle, enlarge maps or decrease number of layers per battle to start with.

Havenless #20 Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:02 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 516 battles
  • 469
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    12-18-2014
I'm happy to play against players of all layers, good, bad, and ugly. :)





Also tagged with MM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users