• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

bokbiertjes #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3210 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

Hello,

On my WZ-132A I have a gunrammer, coated optics and a camo net. I was wondering if I should trade in the camo net or anything else for vents.

Heres a screenshot of what my current setup is.

Thanks!

Attached Files

• Attached File   current setup.png   1.08MB

Shacou #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21208 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA
I'd suggest Stabilizer, Coated optics and Rammer, Switch rammer/optics to vents when your crew gets BiA/Spotting skills.

Edited by Shacou, 31 January 2019 - 10:21 PM.

AliceUnchained #3 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 38888 battles
  • [322] 322

Post this in the proper section please, it's really not that difficult to figure out: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/1082-light-tanks/.

If your thread appears to be missing, try looking for it over there.

bokbiertjes #4 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3210 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F

View PostAliceUnchained, on 31 January 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Post this in the proper section please, it's really not that difficult to figure out: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/1082-light-tanks/.

If your thread appears to be missing, try looking for it over there.

Alright, sorry
21:24 Added after 0 minutes

View PostShacou, on 31 January 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

I'd suggest Stabilizer, Coated optics and Rammer, Switch rammer/optics to vents when your crew gets BiA/Spotting skills.

Thanks, I'm actually training BIA right now. I have a female crew member and my other 3 crew members are at 71% of BIA so I should get that pretty soon

SABAOTH #5 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-
If you want to do damage rammer and stabilizer, if you want to maximize spotting then switch the stab for vents and run food

HEATzk0pf #6 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 34200 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

As the Chinese Tier 9 Light is the one with the worst gun Handling in the whole Line, you have to options (theoretically)

1. Do everything to get the gun better, so it will bei playable

2. Strenghten your strenght (youre  a Light) and fokus on spotting / Assisting

As you know the typical WG Maps, Option 2 is nor a real option. So, you should do everything possible to get the gun better.

Result:

Optics (you´re still a light and need to spot if possible)

Stabi (gets the Gun Better)

are set and not discussable

Now, you could choose Rammer (DPM) or Vents (better spotting, better Camo, better Gunhandling). Both are Gun related and you´re tuning just one Part which is more important to you..

Most people will go for Rammer, just to have this 0,5 Secs better reload when needed. 

Aditionally, you should try Food. Im running all my Chinese High Tier Tanks with Food to get the Gunhandling to work - it helps...

Good lck.

xtrem3x #7 Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33812 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
Camo nets are only for TDs and Arty

Quintuss #8 Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29203 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

outside of CW (where you know in advance exactly on what position you will play) camo net is useless unless you drive a swedish or turreted-german TD.

If you sit in a good bush you won't be spotted unless you shoot or get proxyed = no camo net needed.

If you don't have a bush AND don't have binos anyway why would you even stop (exept of shooting, but then the net is near useless)? .

I'd pick Vents first on a light (together with Options and/or Binos) - you acctually profit from every part of it: the better mobility, the better camo, the better gunhandling, the better view range. A rammer on the other hand only boosts DPM - and thus is only relevant if you are shooting every time you are reloaded..

Cobra6 #9 Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

ALWAYS stabilizer, optics and rammer.

ALWAYS stabilizer, optics and vents on an autoloader.

Cobra 6

Unangwata #10 Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11004 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

Vents increase spot by 5% and other things a bit, as well as camo.

Stabilizer, optics, vents.

Edited by Unangwata, 01 February 2019 - 12:01 PM.

baribal_80 #11 Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22928 battles
Using a camo net on lights is literally the stupidest thing imaginable. It is only activated once stopped and I only assume you stop only in bushes which already give you enough camo to only be spoted at 50m (if you have pain + camo skill). This means it is useless. Even binos are a better option and sometimes optics + binos work. Also ALWAYS go for vertical stabilizer if you can. If you are not doing that you are hurting yourself and prefering vents over it is moronic.

azakow #12 Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 78967 battles

View Postbaribal_80, on 01 February 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Using a camo net on lights is literally the stupidest thing imaginable. It is only activated once stopped and I only assume you stop only in bushes which already give you enough camo to only be spoted at 50m (if you have pain + camo skill). This means it is useless. Even binos are a better option and sometimes optics + binos work. Also ALWAYS go for vertical stabilizer if you can. If you are not doing that you are hurting yourself and prefering vents over it is moronic.

I guess you forgot to mention, that your statement assumes to have at least 3/4 camo skilled trained.

Camo does help when you are grinding your crew from zero camo skill.

Beyond that it is a waste of a module slot, I agree.

@bockbiertjes

I've said it, and many others did so too. Please go to the respective forum and READ up the material, can't be that hard.

Moreover the title of this topic "Camo net or Vents | WZ-132A" make me fear that all remarks are somewhat wasted effort.

:hiding:

Edited by azakow, 01 February 2019 - 04:16 PM.

DeadLecter #13 Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26647 battles
You are seriously considering putting a camo net on a light tank? If the gun is bad and apparently it is, go with rammer, optics and vstab. If the handling is good like T100 lt go with rammer, optics and vent. If it is an autoloader like French LTs you go with optics, vent, vstab. It is always one of these combos to be used. Some people may swtich the rammer for vent to improve the view rangem but for most players it is one of these combos to be used.

arthurwellsley #14 Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52696 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

For the majority of tanks in this game the first choice is always Vertical Stabiliser.

The second choice is usually rammer.

Third choice is more a decision between optics or vents, rather depends on the tank and the crew.

A camo net on a light tank is a massively sub optimal choice in normal random battles. There might be the odd occasion when it will be chosen in CW for a specific tactic, but even this will be very rare.

The above applies to most mediums and lights.

Slightly different for heavies and TDs.

Completely different for SPG's (but then they are not tanks as such but SPG's).

Homer_J #15 Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUnangwata, on 01 February 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

Vents increase spot by 5%

No they don't.

5% more skill gives about 2.4% more spotting range on a 100% commander.

geoff99 #16 Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39900 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I agree with everyone else; rammer, optics, stabs. The OP appears to have asked similar questions in several threads and heard the same replies but ears appear to be firmly closed.

So for the benefit of other learner light drivers, I'd say that Tier 9 lights in many match ups (arguably all but 5/10 t10/t9) are flankers and damage dealers and not pure scouts. So they should not be passive scouts and not need camo nets or binocs. And they really benefit from skilled crews. You'll need full camo, view range, gun handling, BIA, sixth (obviously) to do well. When playing, you don't want to sit in a bush all game. You want to be moving around, doing active scouting if the tank can (not normally 132A), looking for opportunities, switching between flanks when appropriate, and staying alive until mid/late game when you can use your mobility to exploit gaps and support green tanks in killing isolated red tanks.

SuedKAT #17 Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostUnangwata, on 01 February 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

Vents increase spot by 5% and other things a bit, as well as camo.

Stabilizer, optics, vents.

No, Vents do not increase "spots" or rather the view range by 5% flat, I suggest you read the description and/or the wiki:

"Adds 5% to role and non-role specific skills training level percentages for all crew members. This improves most of the operating parameters of your tank, but note it will be by less than 5%."

http://wiki.wargamin...t/en/Equipment 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew

The WZ-132A have a base 390 view range with Vents it get just about 398 meters view range that's not exactly +5%, however if we also add Situational Awareness we get an extra 3% (trained at 100% else it's less) so then it's 410  meters. If we then also add Recon we gain another 2% (trained at 100% else it's less) it gets about 418 meters and then if we also train Brothers in Arms to 100% on all crew members we land at about 427 meters view range. Then obviously we add Optics to gain another 10% and end up on about 470 meters effective view range, if you remove Vents from that setup you lose about 10 meters view range.

Also if the crew haven't trained Concealment vents don't boost the camouflage values one bit and even with that trained you gain just about 2% to your camouflage values with Vents equipped.

On a none auto-loading Light Tank Vents is simply not worth it compared to Gun Rammer, Vertical Stabilizer and Optics, or perhaps Binocular Telescope instead of Optics if you got an awful crew and are forced to passive spot.

Here you got the wiki on how tank stats are calculated:

http://wiki.wargamin..._are_calculated

Here you got a camouflage calculator, note that not all tanks are present but it's still possible to see what effects what:

http://www.wotinfo.n...camo-calculator

Unangwata #18 Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11004 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View PostSuedKAT, on 01 February 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

No, Vents do not increase "spots" or rather the view range by 5% flat, I suggest you read the description and/or the wiki:

"Adds 5% to role and non-role specific skills training level percentages for all crew members. This improves most of the operating parameters of your tank, but note it will be by less than 5%."

http://wiki.wargamin...t/en/Equipment 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew

The WZ-132A have a base 390 view range with Vents it get just about 398 meters view range that's not exactly +5%, however if we also add Situational Awareness we get an extra 3% (trained at 100% else it's less) so then it's 410  meters. If we then also add Recon we gain another 2% (trained at 100% else it's less) it gets about 418 meters and then if we also train Brothers in Arms to 100% on all crew members we land at about 427 meters view range. Then obviously we add Optics to gain another 10% and end up on about 470 meters effective view range, if you remove Vents from that setup you lose about 10 meters view range.

Also if the crew haven't trained Concealment vents don't boost the camouflage values one bit and even with that trained you gain just about 2% to your camouflage values with Vents equipped.

On a none auto-loading Light Tank Vents is simply not worth it compared to Gun Rammer, Vertical Stabilizer and Optics, or perhaps Binocular Telescope instead of Optics if you got an awful crew and are forced to passive spot.

Here you got the wiki on how tank stats are calculated:

http://wiki.wargamin..._are_calculated

Here you got a camouflage calculator, note that not all tanks are present but it's still possible to see what effects what:

http://www.wotinfo.n...camo-calculator

I don't think it is universal advice.

For me I rather mount vents and have 10m more view range and slight bonuses to camo and other things, rather than gun-rammer because there are not many situations that require chain-shots and as fast reload as possible, not in my playstyle at least, so I prefer constant bonus to other things that work all the time.

Edited by Unangwata, 01 February 2019 - 06:04 PM.

barison1 #19 Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39453 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostCobra6, on 01 February 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

ALWAYS stabilizer, optics and rammer.

ALWAYS stabilizer, optics and vents on an autoloader.

Cobra 6

only exception being t100 which doesnt need vstabbers :hiding:

SuedKAT #20 Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostUnangwata, on 01 February 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

I don't think it is universal advice.

For me I rather mount vents and have 10m more view range and slight bonuses to camo and other things, rather than gun-rammer because there are not many situations that require chain-shots and as fast reload as possible, not in my playstyle at least, so I prefer constant bonus to other things that work all the time.

Those 10 meters extra view range and slight bonus to camouflage are present only when you have a very skilled crew, without it it's a lot less. Overall though the gain by mounting Vents are quite negligible compared to mounting a gun rammer, especially considering the tank is the tier 9 LT with the highest DPM, something which not only can be the difference between life and death in many situations but also great for keeping someone permanently tracked. Not taking a gun rammer is just gimping yourself for no reason what so ever, same with not taking optics, the only thing you might not need as a LT is vert stabs, however that depends on the tank stats and the WZ-132A for sure needs every help it can in terms of gun performance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users