• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #101 Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15971 battles
  • [DENK] DENK

View PostSoupFork, on 02 February 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

My concern is that this will be worse than the T-50-2, nearly every single one I see in game dies by yoloing or crashing in the first minute, then spends the rest of the game spam pinging the map, calling players noobs and blaming them for “no support”.

They -May- be useful for first spots to gauge deployment, but no one will be in a position to shoot yet.

The might be useful late game due to their speed getting around the battlefield, but will be outspotted by all stationary TDS by a huge margin and I doubt most will live that long.

They will cause a lot of mayhem and confusion in the first 2 minutes and will probably destroy any chance of sensible team deployment because half the team will try to mindlessly chase them.

I fear it will ruin the last bit of sensible team play we had left.

Also, WG, 0-100km/h in 1.8s, what are you smoking?!

What is this team play you speak of?,your only a team working together in a toon, all the rest can go eat a [edited], thats how it always pans out for me either tooned or not, as for LT's in general, the sit and spot is well out, yolo spot it is, never mind how fast you go, some oik always manages to do you over pretty quickly, and lately I have seen more LT either in among the heavies, or at the back, so it seems like only the dedicated few, and I mean few, actually know how to use them, and yes I am not one of the few.

Saar_Lion #102 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1833 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 February 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

You should research the foundations and basis for the in-game vehicles on their real life counterparts. 

OK, so lets talk about the Cz1 with it's imaginary machine gun armament that rips everything to shreds in-game.

1) Even when it existed (for a short while before being withdrawn) the tungsten SmK(H) round couldn't reliably penetrate 10mm - 8mm in RHA tests, 30 deg. impact angle, 13mm at 30 degrees impact angle in German tests - 18mm 0 degrees @ 100mm. Source: Anlage zu Schreiben Nr. 514/42 g. Kdos In 2 – Vergleich von bei der Infantrie eingesetzten Waffen, 6.4.1942.

So far from being able to rip tanks with 30+mm of armour apart at distant range while bobbing and weaving at an unrealistic speed the Pz1 was incapable of IRL - the Pz1 should be what it was in WW2 - easy meat.

And that is without:

2) The rounds (several millions of them) were withdrawn from service and their tungsten removed. It was more efficiently used for tooling rather than being fired in gobs that couldn't reliably penetrate opposition armour.

Not sure why the devs missed this stuff... but easy to put right.

Then we can get onto the T34 that will take 6 rounds of AP at point blank in the turret and not even blink... ;-)

eekeeboo #103 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:04 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46095 battles

View PostSaar_Lion, on 05 February 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

OK, so lets talk about the Cz1 with it's imaginary machine gun armament that rips everything to shreds in-game.

1) Even when it existed (for a short while before being withdrawn) the tungsten SmK(H) round couldn't reliably penetrate 10mm - 8mm in RHA tests, 30 deg. impact angle, 13mm at 30 degrees impact angle in German tests - 18mm 0 degrees @ 100mm. Source: Anlage zu Schreiben Nr. 514/42 g. Kdos In 2 – Vergleich von bei der Infantrie eingesetzten Waffen, 6.4.1942.

So far from being able to rip tanks with 30+mm of armour apart at distant range while bobbing and weaving at an unrealistic speed the Pz1 was incapable of IRL - the Pz1 should be what it was in WW2 - easy meat.

And that is without:

2) The rounds (several millions of them) were withdrawn from service and their tungsten removed. It was more efficiently used for tooling rather than being fired in gobs that couldn't reliably penetrate opposition armour.

Not sure why the devs missed this stuff... but easy to put right.

Then we can get onto the T34 that will take 6 rounds of AP at point blank in the turret and not even blink... ;-)

So they did in fact exist? Which is the point someone complaining they didn't 

Then you factor in game balance not historical accuracy because you can't have game balance with things like historical accuracy (Note things like where the Tier 1 is positioned in the tech tree vs average year of production for other vehicles). 

Saar_Lion #104 Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1833 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 February 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

So they did in fact exist? Which is the point someone complaining they didn't 

Then you factor in game balance not historical accuracy because you can't have game balance with things like historical accuracy (Note things like where the Tier 1 is positioned in the tech tree vs average year of production for other vehicles). 

They existed operationally for a short while in relatively small numbers. Nobody ever argued that they didn't. 

Three questions for you:

Why doesn't the ammunition conform to reality? (I've even given you the report so you can check for yourself)

Why doesn't the maximum speed conform to reality?

Why are they in the game if they are provably nothing like reality? 

Cao_de_Aqua #105 Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 19676 battles

View PostCommunity, on 01 February 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

It’s time to get hands-on with the new mechanics unique to these French vehicles!
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/update-1-4-wheeled-vehicles/">The full text of the news item</a>

Funny to see wheeled armored vehicles appear on the battlefield, five years ago the options was ruled out by WG, like submarines in WOWS. Looks like WG have runned out off experimental traditional tanks... What next, in my opinion Modern Tanks... 

Edited by Cao_de_Aqua, 06 February 2019 - 11:44 PM.

basin79 #106 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:40 AM

General

• Player
  • 15455 battles

View PostSaar_Lion, on 06 February 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

They existed operationally for a short while in relatively small numbers. Nobody ever argued that they didn't. 

Three questions for you:

Why doesn't the ammunition conform to reality? (I've even given you the report so you can check for yourself)

You'll have to wait for the Russian line.  

iKnewIT #107 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75488 battles

View PostSaar_Lion, on 06 February 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Three questions for you:

The answer to all Your questions is above...

It's a pity You do not see what You do not want to see... :(

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 February 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

Edited by iKnewIT, 07 February 2019 - 09:06 AM.

adharus #108 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 63076 battles
  • [TAUR] TAUR

so...i did reserched  tier 6 weelye...put on it some girls frome t55a...

first skill is bia,preseted...and second,optional...my dilema,wich skill should be  that second row...to be camo,to be repairs,or to be  for improuving fiering on the move,view range  and mobility?

Edited by adharus, 07 February 2019 - 11:48 AM.

undutchable80 #109 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9727 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postadharus, on 07 February 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

first skill is bia,preseted...and second,optional...my dilema,wich skill should be  that second row...to be camo,to be repairs,or to be  for improuving fiering on the move,view range  and mobility?

I have VR on cdr and radio operator + camo on the driver and gunner as second skill. 

Edited by undutchable80, 07 February 2019 - 11:58 AM.

iKnewIT #110 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75488 battles

View Postadharus, on 07 February 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

All for view range and camouflage.

Commander: "Lamp", ViewR, camo. remkit,....

Driver/Loader: camo, remkit,....

Radio operator: ViewR, camo, remkit

eekeeboo #111 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46095 battles

View PostSaar_Lion, on 06 February 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

Three questions for you:

Actually, people said they didn't exist and are completely made up and have no place on the battlefield, but the M8 Greyhound who took out a Tiger tank alone would like to disagree. 

1) It's an arcade game with required balance, it's not a simulation/simulator. 

2) Refer above. 

3) Refer above. 

TheArk_2014 #112 Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64386 battles
  • [AETOS] AETOS

Something strange is happened, a change at the game-play of the Light Tanks ...

... I don't know if it is my imagination, but I think that because of the appearance of the Wheeled Tanks, the Light Tank players started to do that what they supposed to do, they started to scout ...

... as an old Light Tanker (before 9.18 patch) the biggest frustration for me was/is to see LTs to camp, even behind the TDs lines and try to snipe ...

... a lot of lost battles, on open maps, because of the noob Light Tank players who leave the team "blind" on try to be "Damage Dealers" ...

... but, the last couple of days, with the appearance of the WTs, all LTs started to try to do "Active Scouting".

:B

Edited by TheArk_2014, 07 February 2019 - 03:58 PM.

MajorTom75 #113 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18715 battles
  • [YNGF] YNGF
Auto aim on tier 6 doesn't work... you need to hit the silhuette of enemy tank instead of just click it close by. Even then it doesnt work every time.

Mr_P_Floyd #114 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19394 battles

Dear Fellow Tankers,

I feel I am an "Average" tanker. Playing for 2 years, rarely read this Forum, even rarer posting on Forum..

Today I have tried my best to read all the pages relating to this topic as i have a problem relating directly to it.

But all I seem to see is people moaning about them. My personal view, if you don't like them, don't use them.

Can anyone help me? My problem is that the Tier 5 AMX ELC bis still appears as "Elite" as I have previously researched all modules

(and Tier 6 AMX 12 t) before the Wheeled branch appeared.

This appears to me to mean that the first wheeled vehicle, AMD 178B, can only be researched with Free XP converted with gold..

This is not usually the case when researching next tier vehicle.. 

Does anybody know if this is a "Glitch" that would be fixed?

Thank You

HAPPY TANKING!!!

Edited by eekeeboo, 08 February 2019 - 03:53 PM.

mcpain_surte #115 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20091 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH

Edited

Edited by BurningFlex, 08 February 2019 - 06:40 PM.
Non-constructive

DracheimFlug #116 Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9920 battles

View PostSaar_Lion, on 06 February 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

Three questions for you:

Why don't your crew have to get out of the tank to fix track breakage? Why are all such problems instantly repairable? Why is your view external to the tank in 3rd person rather than through simulations of actual viewports? Why do you have a GPS like mini map that shows spotted enemies, giving a level of information not a given even in modern warfare?

Need I continue?

They were actually produced and fielded. There are plenty of tanks in the game development of which never went that far.

WoT_RU_Doing #117 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52354 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostMr_P_Floyd, on 07 February 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

Dear Fellow Tankers,

I feel I am an "Average" tanker. Playing for 2 years, rarely read this Forum, even rarer posting on Forum..

Today I have tried my best to read all the pages relating to this topic as i have a problem relating directly to it.

But all I seem to see is people moaning about them. My personal view, if you don't like them, don't use them.

Can anyone help me? My problem is that the Tier 5 AMX ELC bis still appears as "Elite" as I have previously researched all modules

(and Tier 6 AMX 12 t) before the Wheeled branch appeared.

This appears to me to mean that the first wheeled vehicle, AMD 178B, can only be researched with Free XP converted with gold..

This is not usually the case when researching next tier vehicle..

Does anybody know if this is a "Glitch" that would be fixed?

Thank You

HAPPY TANKING!!!

Remove the tick from the check box for "Accelerated Crew training" on the AMX-ELC. Then play it until you accumulate nearly 32k XP. Research the Tier 6 using that, plus Free XP to make up the difference. Don't go OVER the 32k XP on the ELC or you'll just end up with unusable XP to convert to Free XP sometime. Finally, tick accelerated crew training again on the ELC.

_Limpan_ #118 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7355 battles

Wheeled vehicles.

Take them away. Is you have a REGULAR Tank you have 1 (chance) 1 shot if you miss that you are gone. Not for me, its going to fast. Next time i see one i will press Escape and leave the Game. There is to many to fast tank already. As someone wrote THE END IS CLOSE. There is other game i can spend my money on.

_Limpan_ #119 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7355 battles

View Post_Limpan_, on 08 February 2019 - 12:18 AM, said:

Wheeled vehicles.

Take them away. Is you have a REGULAR Tank you have 1 (chance) 1 shot if you miss that you are gone. Not for me, its going to fast. Next time i see one i will press Escape and leave the Game. There is to many to fast tank already. As someone wrote THE END IS CLOSE. There is other game i can spend my money on.

I didn´t press escape because then i wood be a deserter so i play  slow and no shooting PRESS R and it go slow until it run it to something.

Good bye

Edited by _Limpan_, 08 February 2019 - 12:47 AM.

_Hakkapeliitta_ #120 Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47026 battles
i have done it! i buy it, play with it, seen it and SELL IT!!!! WG this was a totall miss! why i would play with crappy car when i got tanks to do same stuff 500% better :)

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users