Wheeled Vehicles: Take Them for a Spin!

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

SoupFork #81 Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9144 battles

My concern is that this will be worse than the T-50-2, nearly every single one I see in game dies by yoloing or crashing in the first minute, then spends the rest of the game spam pinging the map, calling players noobs and blaming them for “no support”.

They -May- be useful for first spots to gauge deployment, but no one will be in a position to shoot yet.

The might be useful late game due to their speed getting around the battlefield, but will be outspotted by all stationary TDS by a huge margin and I doubt most will live that long.

They will cause a lot of mayhem and confusion in the first 2 minutes and will probably destroy any chance of sensible team deployment because half the team will try to mindlessly chase them.

I fear it will ruin the last bit of sensible team play we had left.

Also, WG, 0-100km/h in 1.8s, what are you smoking?!

basin79 #82 Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 15455 battles

View PostZhaon, on 02 February 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

There are no bad / good light tanks, but bad players Kappa... stop complaining and learn how to play a class. 

WG have made it so if you want to play a competitive light you pick a medium. 

Makes no odds if you're a unicum or not. A tier 10 light is inferior to a tier 10 medium. 

Rjsen #83 Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6325 battles

View Postbasin79, on 02 February 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

WG have made it so if you want to play a competitive light you pick a medium. 

Makes no odds if you're a unicum or not. A tier 10 light is inferior to a tier 10 medium. 

because that's the order ... light tanks < medium tanks > = < heavy tanks < ARTY Kappa :trollface:

basin79 #84 Posted 02 February 2019 - 02:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 15455 battles

View PostZhaon, on 02 February 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

because that's the order ... light tanks < medium tanks > = < heavy tanks < ARTY Kappa :trollface:

Light tanks have a ridiculous amount of downsides to them and for what? Speed and not losing their camo whilst moving. 

Against.

Low HP

No armour (except Russsssssia) 

Low pen

Low DPM

View range

Awful maps for the most point. 

Gremlin182 #85 Posted 02 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 52598 battles

Waits for them to enter the actual game where until the tier 8 premium goes on sale they will be very few in number,

I tried them out on the test server and yes they are a little fast and that's very new to us so we are unsure if they will be bad for the game.

First one is tier 6 and is French so only those with that light line can start getting them.

If we get a game with 3 or 4 of these things it will be a little crazy but they will die fast as it will take a decent player to be able to play them well.

I refuse to get into a discussion that they should not be in a tank game because they should and I hope to see more added.

A lot of nations used armoured cars and they should be represented.

So with a bit of luck more nations will get them assuming they work out in the game.

DIREWOLF75 #86 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11715 battles

View PostSoupFork, on 02 February 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

My concern is that this will be worse than the T-50-2, nearly every single one I see in game dies by yoloing or crashing in the first minute, then spends the rest of the game spam pinging the map, calling players noobs and blaming them for “no support”.

They -May- be useful for first spots to gauge deployment, but no one will be in a position to shoot yet.

The might be useful late game due to their speed getting around the battlefield, but will be outspotted by all stationary TDS by a huge margin and I doubt most will live that long.

They will cause a lot of mayhem and confusion in the first 2 minutes and will probably destroy any chance of sensible team deployment because half the team will try to mindlessly chase them.

I fear it will ruin the last bit of sensible team play we had left.

Also, WG, 0-100km/h in 1.8s, what are you smoking?!

The big problem isn't if they die quickly, but when they DON'T.   Because those T-50-2s?   They're absurd.   Seeing them solo 2 tiers higher heavies gets really ridiculous after the first couple of times(especially when they're getting shot at from half the rest of the team, 150+m away, and just not getting hit).   It get's even worse when you realise that the heavy you just saw get killed by a 2 tiers lower light, can barely even be penetrated by its premium ammo, except for weak points.

Wheeled vehicles as seen so far basically makes this a magnitude worse, which also means that random chance will have even MORE influence over matches.

So, we're likely to see even MORE curbstomps.

As someone noted, if they're adding this to the game, well then we also need the weapons USED IN REALITY against these, machineguns and 2ndary weapons overall.

Because that IS the realworld proper solution.   Along with infantry of course...   The absence of both being what makes these vees having stupid potential of being ridiculously overpowered AND underpowered at the same time.

And BTW, what the hell is this i'm reading about wheeled vees being better than tracked at getting up slopes?   Physics ingame is already whacky enough, like the places on rocks where you can slide sideways without going downwards or in some places even slide UPWARDS(which if you're not paying attention, will in several places then dump you down a cliff or into deep water, crash).

Rjsen #87 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6325 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 02 February 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Waits for them to enter the actual game where until the tier 8 premium goes on sale they will be very few in number,

I tried them out on the test server and yes they are a little fast and that's very new to us so we are unsure if they will be bad for the game.

First one is tier 6 and is French so only those with that light line can start getting them.

If we get a game with 3 or 4 of these things it will be a little crazy but they will die fast as it will take a decent player to be able to play them well.

I refuse to get into a discussion that they should not be in a tank game because they should and I hope to see more added.

A lot of nations used armoured cars and they should be represented.

So with a bit of luck more nations will get them assuming they work out in the game.

Pray the God to not meet me in enemy team with such a vehicle because i will purely troll you and make you hate them and change your opinion... i can do that with players like you every single match... and not just one player, but with all 15 :trollface:

Edited by Zhaon, 02 February 2019 - 03:45 PM.

RockSwede #88 Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31919 battles
  • [FEZ] FEZ
Don't think these new cars will be for the better of wot. Throwing a trimmed ball with a cannon into the game is not going to lift the game's feel. We already have fast models of tanks so that is enough. I think more players will be annoyed at the new cars in the wot. The consequences with the cars will sadly be that many more stop playing wot. I don't think so many of us playing wot. Have asked Wargaming that they will make even more fast vehicles and even faster rushes to 100 ...... :( PLEASE ..... Wargaming just listen a little so no more players are leaving the nice you have created, please, please and please.

marqas #89 Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41651 battles
  • [_DST_] _DST_
nice my post removed as usual :) No No No we dont wont wheeled crapin this is not historical and no tracks !!!!

Ronnie_Soak #90 Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14103 battles
  • [D-GOD] D-GOD

"Take them for a spin" ?? where ? NO I am not going on the crazy test server. That is a joke. When are they actually coming ?

I am old enough to remember the original T50. The T50 drivers would have a competition to see how many times they could drive right through the enemy positions and back without getting killed. Imagine 3 crazy-fast enemy T50s running around the map and 5 to 7 artillery per team. AND, in those days, artillery could one-shot your tank. Losing tanks to artillery in the first few minutes was "normal".

They had to get rid of the original T50 but maybe we have different staff in WG today and things will be different.

BUT .. when are they coming ??

Gremlin182 #91 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 52598 battles

I see the points players are making about these "go carts" and yes there may well be problems so they need to hold back on the premium version until we can experience these vehicles in live games for a week or so we cannot be sure how they will do or if they need a big re-balance.

I will either be playing them or my light tanks, I certainly will not play any TSDs or SPGs my aim being to play vehicles that might do well as a counter to them.

My reason for wanting wheeled vehicles in the game was simply because a lot of nations used them and they could expend the tech trees of some of the smaller nations that did not have their own tank programs.

We do not especially need more Russian American or German tanks some of the others could benefit.

I did not envision them being much different to light tanks similar speed maneuverability and camo to Light tanks.

Different rules to tracking obviously though I did consider losing a wheel would be the same at tracking WG think differently.

The two modes one for speed one for maneuvering I never considered its an interesting innovation ill reserve judgement for a month or so.

DozerMan #92 Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21022 battles
  • [SEAL_] SEAL_
Please remove cars from tank game, thank you

redbarrel #93 Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13024 battles
  • [-HWS-] -HWS-
If you have Type 5 Heavy in the game then you need wheeled vehicles as well.

Voen_Sveta #94 Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46958 battles

so RU servers have 1.4 update with wheeled vehicles tomorrow morning (5Feb).

preload of update (730Mb SD version, 1G HD) is available for 3 days already.

on EU we dont have even a short announce about what and when.. 

Cobra6 #95 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16458 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostObjec7, on 01 February 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

It was completely unrealistic bs, you if nobody should realize that and not defend it just to get to play the next broken mechanic on live server and fk bots up.

Don't know about others but tier X one is still too fast and has way too good turning speed on cruising mode. Also that you can practically immediatly switch between the modes allows you to switch to cruise mode when you need that turning speed.

Broken mechanic? A speed boost (that damages your engine with use) to quickly cross a gap from standstill only is hardly broken. 

These things are the size of heavy tanks with no armor, within a couple of weeks everyone will be used to their speed and they will be easy to hit.

And to be honest, I'd preferred the switching mode to be automatic at a certain speed.

Cobra 6

Gremlin182 #96 Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 52598 battles

Decided to give the Wheeled Vehicles another go on the test server.

It was completely mad on the first day with everyone driving them now its settled down and you can get plenty of games where you are mostly against standard tanks.

Played the tier 6 7 and 8 so far and not that impressed really

Yes you can go very fast in travel mode but certainly on the ones I tried that speed was not worth it you just do not have the space on many maps to use it.

If you were a passive spotting type vehicle it would be great but these tanks have very poor view range so that is out of the question.

As an active scout even with current light tanks many times the game just cannot update the spotting fast enough, you are on top of the hidden tanks before the game tells you.

Meanwhile the stationary tank has seen you coming a few seconds earlier or at least that's how it seems.

These new vehicles will be moving even faster with much poorer view ranges towards tanks with probably max view range

The maneuverability is also overrated its great on open maps but is a pain when trying to maneuver around obstacles you often have to reverse and try again, its not like turning on one track.

Anyone who has driven a car knows the limit is mechanical its the turning circle of the vehicle.

I found this frustrating in city maps you just cannot maneuver as well as a tank.

Gus are good enough great in some cases, speed is great on some maps

Maneuverability again great on some maps but limiting on others.

I love light tanks and no doubt I will try these new ones out on the live server but so far I'm not that impressed.

They are also going to suffer more than other tanks because of the matchmaker.

Driving a tank that's got a much worse view range compared with other same tier tanks yet nearly always being in games with tanks 2 tiers higher.

That's really painful.

Worst view range on a light tank is 360 at tier 6 the wheeled vehicle is 300

The worst view range of any tank other than SPGs is 330

Same at other tiers

6 LT 360 - 390 Wheeled 300

7 LT 360 - 400 Wheeled 310

8 LT 370 - 410 Wheeled 310

9 LT 380 - 410 Wheeled 330

10 LT 390 -420 Wheeled 350

You can outspot artillery and only artillery.

Good point they have a high skill requirement it will take a very good player to do well consistently in these vehicles so they do provide a real challenge.

I will certainly try my best in them female crew ready and waiting to go into them

eekeeboo #97 Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46095 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 01 February 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

No news on what happened with the "boost" mode...? Did it stay? Did you remove it?

It was removed. 

View Postdeorum, on 01 February 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Ok, you say "take them for a spin" , like a test drive, but where do we get them for a test drive? No rentals as far as  i can see. Only test server... 

Take it for a spin is like saying take it for a drive. Not just Take it for a test ;) 

18:14 Added after 3 minutes

View PostFerditude, on 01 February 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

Hmm a vehicle with no armour +relies on speed...

Cue wg "randomly" giving this tank city maps +never open maps

14:33 Added after 1 minute

Also cue enemy 500mr away, being able to hit it going 90kph, with radio spot, with every shell

(when wg wants to create a loss) 

But think of the time you get an open map or like when I got to play on Steppes with one and had a blast of a time.... literally when the enemy team eventually had enough of my antics :(
18:19 Added after 7 minutes

View Postthetoughcookie, on 01 February 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

Its nice to see wheeled vehicles going faster 0-100 km/h than supercars, specially when they have more bad power to weight ratio than my first car had with 880kg and 75hp (80's Corolla) and you can imagine did it go under 10s 0-100 or not. So realistic. WG, I guess you know that not everyone is playing this game with high end PC like me? They are not necessary enjoying to trying to hit those vehicles with their low FPS.

That depends on which particular vehicle you're referring to, tanks generally have sizeably larger engines than normal "cars". Further to this there's an element of arcade game and needing to balance a game to be not completely negated by "historical accuracy". 

View PostTungstenHitman, on 01 February 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

Spoiler

I had to grind the Swedish tanks and I hated them all the way up! At least these will have speed! 

18:20 Added after 9 minutes

View PostSZMARTIN2007, on 01 February 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

Catastrophe, a huge mistake!

Premium subscription deleted!

Absolutely playful and pointless!

WG failure! 

Minimum 15,000 fewer players per day.

Pathetic.....

​I'm not so sure you've thought through that estimate. 

eekeeboo #98 Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46095 battles

View PostNobzu, on 02 February 2019 - 05:04 AM, said:

"only the Tier X vehicle was slightly changed from its historical counterpart."

I can sure you. nothing in this game is "historically accurate" or "historical counterparts"

You should research the foundations and basis for the in-game vehicles on their real life counterparts. 

View PostZhaon, on 02 February 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

Wargaming: "We will not add wheeled vehicles into the game without pozitive feedback !" ... Oh shut up please, all you can see is negative feedback and you don't give a f^^k about it ! :trollface: When wheeled vehicles will be into the game get ready for "Fast and furious" mode in randoms. The game had already enough wounds, you made more wounds now and you also put salt on them with this updates. I guess this is another reason for me to not play the game anymore, if this is what you want from your community, to make them leave the game without asking for refunds, well... you succeded ! :trollface: As you can see i am a good player, good enough to understand what this "cars" will do for the gameplay.

There is no point in playing slow tanks at all and get ready for being yoloed if you are a good player.. arty players find a hole to hide or just go in water like always because you will die in the first min of the battle and i am not lying you , not everyone will know to play this things but a smart player will troll an entire team with a wheeled vehicle, i seen this sh%t with the test ones that was in the game gifted to some CC and clan leaders , it was someone (i don't want to give his name) that in the first min of the battle spotted all enemy team by yoloing their base and got shoted only once, killed all 3 arties and with all the spot entire enemy team got rekt, it was a 2 mins battle on Highway! From there and not only, i understood what this vehicles are capable off... for me are good enough to troll everything i meet, but for the gameplay is a disaster ! I hope you will have "fun" ,  maybe this is what Wargaming wants after all, to add some fun that the game is lacking ! :trollface: 

I hope you've also taken the time to read all the positive feedback. 

18:29 Added after 2 minutes

View Postmarqas, on 02 February 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

nice my post removed as usual :) No No No we dont wont wheeled crapin this is not historical and no tracks !!!!

Your post wasn't removed, I've just checked. 

IncandescentGerbil #99 Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35775 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 February 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

You should research the foundations and basis for the in-game vehicles on their real life counterparts 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. 

Vazze76 #100 Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17422 battles
  • [M4FI4] M4FI4

I am deeply disappointed that these ridiculous vehicles were introduced. Just would like to know if the community feedback was considered at all? If so, are there any statistics of the yay and nay comments? Is there a number saying something like: 64% of feedback positive? Reading previous comments on the forum I had a feeling that the supporters and protesters were approximately equal, maybe a little more protesters? - I might be wrong, but would be nice to see some numbers here.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users