Discover World of Tanks' Most Popular Mods

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

staph_camping #21 Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 573 battles

View PostPaliomoufas, on 02 February 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

with time u just use ur camera view , but even with turetless  , u right click on position the tank ir ready to pop, u turn a bit the camera and when he thinks u r turning , bam

easy to trick. it is the camera. i would be annoyed if it was the gun.

You can tell when someone is paying attention to your movement (moving turret towards you), enabling a person to perfect flank\peek timing , and thats why this seriously broken and unfair , saying camera not the gun is not very smart :teethhappy:.

SlyMeerkat #22 Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17977 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
I mainly use Aslains mod pack

azra11 #23 Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17872 battles
  • [O3S] O3S

I never write anything on forum. But wargaming costumer service told me that solution of my problem is to write to developers. Impossible. I do not know how to do that. So, they might read this.

I do not want to install any mods. But it would be of great help for me if you can add colorblind crosshairs to the game? Giancit in Aslain does the job but I am scared of a ban, and with every update it is a pain to wait for days or weeks for working version.

With regular green crosshair I cannot see were to shoot if the map is green as well.

Is that such a monumental job, WG? Or is that unfair help for colorblind people?

Dr_Starfart #24 Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30014 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Poststaph_camping, on 02 February 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

You can tell when someone is paying attention to your movement (moving turret towards you), enabling a person to perfect flank\peek timing , and thats why this seriously broken and unfair , saying camera not the gun is not very smart :teethhappy:.

mods are illegal once you get information that would otherwise not be available to you in the vanilla game. And having the direction where a player is looking on the otherside of the map with a whole city inbetween is not information you can get in the vanilla client. Therefore it is illegal.

Cro006 #25 Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12272 battles
  • [R_N_R] R_N_R

View Postazra11, on 02 February 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

I never write anything on forum. But wargaming costumer service told me that solution of my problem is to write to developers. Impossible. I do not know how to do that. So, they might read this.

I do not want to install any mods. But it would be of great help for me if you can add colorblind crosshairs to the game? Giancit in Aslain does the job but I am scared of a ban, and with every update it is a pain to wait for days or weeks for working version.

With regular green crosshair I cannot see were to shoot if the map is green as well.

Is that such a monumental job, WG? Or is that unfair help for colorblind people?

You cant get a ban if you use mod that's on official WG site, so don't worry.

About the update to the mod - just download it and install it as usual - but only that (colorblind) mod. When new patch arrives go to game's folder -> res_mods (or mods) and copy content of previous patch folder (where mod is installed) to current patch folder. And there you go, you have your mod back.

The point is, you don't need Aslain's modpack if you use only one small mod, you just need to find where that mod is installed and copy it to new folder of current patch.

I hope I'm clear enough... I'm bad at explaining because english is not my first language ;)

Edited the post so it becomes a little clearer how to do it :P

Edited by Cro006, 02 February 2019 - 01:33 PM.

staph_camping #26 Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 573 battles

View PostDr_Starfart, on 02 February 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

mods are illegal once you get information that would otherwise not be available to you in the vanilla game. And having the direction where a player is looking on the otherside of the map with a whole city inbetween is not information you can get in the vanilla client. Therefore it is illegal.

Its legal in WG eyes so...:popcorn:.

deorum #27 Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28577 battles
  • [GBIRD] GBIRD
Im so against these mods. 

fighting_falcon93 #28 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32506 battles
WG, maybe it's time that you add some official tutorials and documentation in english about how to mod this game and you'd get an even bigger collection of mods? I've tried a little bit of modding and I can tell you that it's a total mess, no official tools, no official documentation, no official tutorials. You need to test and try everything and you can't even get a documentation to read what functions that are aviable and what they do. Because of this, modding takes much longer than it needs to, which basically makes it aviable to the ones that have taken the time to explore everything by trial. That takes a lot of time and not everyone can invest that amount of time just to create a mod that they can't find in the hub.

AtteroVictus #29 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26569 battles
  • [RRAF] RRAF
404 - Page not found

_b_ #30 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56288 battles

How about you include automatic mount/demount of cammonet/binocs/tool box as an option for vehicles with free equipment slots ...instead of having to resort to mods.

And either include or remove option to see teams total health pool left as well as the minimap viewangle thing for all? 

And that white tanks/tracks!? sigh...make up your mind as too what is allowed or not!!!!

The demount thing is the only thing I miss playing vanilla ...would be nice with some more options to reticles and such... but vanilla is good enough :)

azra11 #31 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17872 battles
  • [O3S] O3S

View PostCro006, on 02 February 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

You cant get a ban if you use mod that's on official WG site, so don't worry.

About the update to the mod - just download it and install it as usual - but only that (colorblind) mod. When new patch arrives go to game's folder -> res_mods (or mods) and copy content of previous patch folder (where mod is installed) to current patch folder. And there you go, you have your mod back.

The point is, you don't need Aslain's modpack if you use only one small mod, you just need to find where that mod is installed and copy it to new folder of current patch.

I hope I'm clear enough... I'm bad at explaining because english is not my first language ;)

Edited the post so it becomes a little clearer how to do it :P

Oh, thanks. I will try but res mods and updates and copy paste were my downfall before. It was very clear, thanks again. Yes, I use this giancit thing only, everything else is too frustrating and confusing for me. Too old for it I suppose.

Thanks again. Getting help form other fellow players is nice...

...But I would be happier to see the costumer WOT service doing something for a costumer.

(CRO like Hrvatska?)

Cro006 #32 Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12272 battles
  • [R_N_R] R_N_R

View Postazra11, on 02 February 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Oh, thanks. I will try but res mods and updates and copy paste were my downfall before. It was very clear, thanks again. Yes, I use this giancit thing only, everything else is too frustrating and confusing for me. Too old for it I suppose.

Thanks again. Getting help form other fellow players is nice...

...But I would be happier to see the costumer WOT service doing something for a costumer.

(CRO like Hrvatska?)

Well, if you copy something to wrong place you can always just delete that folder, nothing bad will happen - as long as you're deleting folders and files inside res_mods and mods folders. I used to play with mods and never had any significant problems when copying stuff from old patches to new patches.

But yeah, I agree, devs should do something to help their players ;)

Da, Cro kao Hrvatska :D

Edited by Cro006, 02 February 2019 - 04:05 PM.

Weak_man #33 Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7041 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG
All people love arty with xvm

8126Jakobsson #34 Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 75872 battles

View PostDr_Starfart, on 02 February 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

I am fairly certain that you just put an illegal mod in your official modpack. Well done WG, well done.

They went back on that white stuff being a no-no quite some time ago. Module skins showing where the good stuff is located on the tanks is also ok. Pretty much anything goes nowadays (well except for good old aimbotting and tundra usage). 

egyhenger #35 Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11303 battles
  • [COIMB] COIMB
Screw mods... all should have been disabled long time ago. Every single mod is an unfair advantage aka cheeting.

Horcan #36 Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:46 PM

The Great Hunter

• Player
  • 61462 battles
  • [DACUS] DACUS
Im only using some session stats mod i found here on forum. Was interested in the ones from the article link ...Oh, but there aren't any....  404

SiliconSidewinder #37 Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28699 battles

Dear WG: why do you have your own modpack?

if you think these moddifications are worthwhile why don't you just include them into the game?

Prosigoj #38 Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9947 battles
  • [DUSTY] DUSTY

Block Quote

Page not found
Something went wrong. Sorry, this page does not exist.

Good job.

I do not like these mods at all, just waned to try out gun sounds...

azynkron #39 Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13113 battles

In Soviet Russia, links break you!

Seriously guys? Front page stuff and you couldn't even be bothered checking the links?

20:14 Added after 4 minutes

View PostDr_Starfart, on 02 February 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

You are wrong, comrade. 

You only get the direction information if one of your team mates has spotted the enemy. Unspotted = info disappears. 

It's equivalent to anyone on your team telling you that the tank is facing north, south e t c. 

Maybe you should think and to a bit of research before you post the next time. It will save you a lot of embarrassment.

Oh, and it's perfectly legal. 

20:18 Added after 8 minutes

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 02 February 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

WG, maybe it's time that you add some official tutorials and documentation in english about how to mod this game and you'd get an even bigger collection of mods? I've tried a little bit of modding and I can tell you that it's a total mess, no official tools, no official documentation, no official tutorials. You need to test and try everything and you can't even get a documentation to read what functions that are aviable and what they do. Because of this, modding takes much longer than it needs to, which basically makes it aviable to the ones that have taken the time to explore everything by trial. That takes a lot of time and not everyone can invest that amount of time just to create a mod that they can't find in the hub.

Most of it is XML so it's nothing "magic" about it. But, yes, some sort of official templates would help to get started for those that needs them.

Badz360 #40 Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17042 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

Take the best/fairest parts of existing mods - credit the creators, and implement them in game. Then ban all other mods.

the game is what 8 years old? and declining, not growing - I think most 'modifications' will have been thought of by now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users