Discover World of Tanks' Most Popular Mods

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

fighting_falcon93 #41 Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32370 battles

View Postazynkron, on 02 February 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

Most of it is XML so it's nothing "magic" about it. But, yes, some sort of official templates would help to get started for those that needs them.

Not really. A lot of modding includes modifying the clients python and swf files. In order to do that, you need to know what modules, functions and variables are called and how you should use them. So what would be nice is some official documentation that let modders focus on the features of their mods rather than "discovering" the clients structure by trial and error. It's extremely time consuming and frustrating, especially for new modders that havn't got used to it yet. I have a C/C++ backround and even I think that it's a mess to get into it. That's a hint that something here is wrong.

Stinger_WURST #42 Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1683 battles
  • [NOMI] NOMI
Please just make a new working version of the old WGL camo mod. It was such a good mod. :(

Zamieszki #43 Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8733 battles

View Postazynkron, on 02 February 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

You only get the direction information if one of your team mates has spotted the enemy. Unspotted = info disappears. 

It's equivalent to anyone on your team telling you that the tank is facing north, south e t c. 

Maybe you should think and to a bit of research before you post the next time. It will save you a lot of embarrassment.

Oh, and it's perfectly legal. 

Can't you bobs understand that the mod shows where the camera is facing, not the gun?

There is no way to determine that without this mod, even if you see the enemy tank yourself.

BTW it is fukn obvious that a gun direction mod will show you the direction only if a vehicle is spotted. Unless you want a mod that shows you where unspotted enemy tanks are.

FYI gun direction mod is illegal.

WG does not ban all cheaters, but it bans some. Who knows, maybe you will get unlucky one day.

I personally use:

• zoom out
  • server reticle overlay
  • auto-mount equipment
  • a mod that marks never spotted vehicles on enemy team list
  • 10 seconds 6-th sense bulb duration
  • block shooting at allies

Edited by Zamieszki, 03 February 2019 - 06:09 AM.

Weak_man #44 Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6745 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO
I am just ironic: wg can you give to arta that auto aim that EBCR wheeled vehnicles have ? 

Ciki_el_Tigre #45 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 60127 battles
  • [WP_OS] WP_OS

View PostHammerhead20, on 02 February 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

No Thanks.

I'm perfectly fine without any modifications.

Yep!

View PostLittleLILI, on 02 February 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

... and now Wargaming gives its approval to xvm ... "competitive tools" ?

Poor Wargaming. I really start thinking that there are stuck on their north face, ready to jump down the cliff, exactly as Quickybaby said in one of his 4th quarter 2018 videos.

ALL mods used in battle give an advantage to the user, even if it is only "comfort", and there is no reason for not having Wargaming integrating the mods so anyone is treated as equal.

Garage mods are fine. But mods in-battle should be strictly forbidden for all multi-players games. If you have a single play mod, very fine, even welcome (I replay Skyrim and Civ6 with some wonderful mods), but never in-battle when the essence of a game is to play with and against other human beings.

You are absolutely right, but ... WG does not listen to the voice of reason and exclusively looks at own interest. 

Approval of such numbers of modes, confirms that WG  desperate need wider range of new players, at any cost.

Bordhaw #46 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13619 battles

View PostWeak_man, on 02 February 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

All people love arty with xvm

All arty like Skorpion G

Gremlin182 #47 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 54212 battles

There are some things about the game that I really hate and some changes made that annoy me enough to want to change them.

Because of that I use mods.

This is natural also and I cannot stress this enough mods lengthen a games life, wot will last longer with good mods than no mods

When it comes to online games where the players host game rooms they can keep a game alive long after the developer has abandoned them.

Also not allowing mods and removing the res mods folder and XVM does not mean there will be no cheating or even no mods,

I suspect there would be very little change in the level of cheating whatever level that may be,

The only time I have suspected a cheat being used is when I see a replay and its possible I am wrong, I cannot see any way for a player in a game to determine a cheat is being used.

As for what mods I use well its a minimum of 1 or 2

1 I detest the way sniper mode remembers its last known position even when you change to another tank in the next battle.

Its completely stupid to be in a borsig and your final shot in the game is a long range snipe at x8 zoom.

Start another battle in a T32 enter sniper mods and you are at x8 and have to roll the zoom back to 2 or 3.

So I use a mod that automatically resets the zoom to x2 every time I enter sniper mode.

2 also when in sniper mode many gun sounds are pathetic it might just be me but I prefer my tank guns to actually sound like a tank gun and not a click so I use another mod that gives a more satisfying experience.

I don't need any other mods though I do like some of the cosmetic changes I can get, no one likes everything about a game and if they could they might change the garage ad something that shows their battle performance hits the made or received.

There is a mod that shows you where enemy shells hit you in the previous battle, its great you can learn so much in those how the heck did he hit me situation.

Good mods are good bad mods are cheats you can reduce the number but there will always be cheats.

killermachine01 #48 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9043 battles
  • [_-G-_] _-G-_
Well, I am using ProTanki Extended mod because of few good things like: Equipment mount, crew return, server reticle, removed fog and clouds to improve the graphic performance and Tornado hits so I can see where the shells went after the game. These seem useful, and vanilla needs those, everything else in my opinion (reticles, closest enemy, minimap changes) is just too much

Cotton_Candy_Randy #49 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25805 battles
Remove the mod folder already... it would get rid of all the cheats in the game. Please stop supporting this WG.

Edited by Cotton_Candy_Randy, 03 February 2019 - 02:38 PM.

gunslingerXXX #50 Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12178 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

I would like to have a simple, preferrably indoor, garage... and I don't want to mess around with mod updates 10-20× per year.

Ps I liked the pre 1.0 hangars

Thank you in advance

Gremlin182 #51 Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 54212 battles

View PostCotton_Candy_Randy, on 03 February 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

Remove the mod folder already... it would get rid of all the cheats in the game. Please stop supporting this WG.

So every other online game has no cheats because they do not have a mods folder ?

Removing the mods folder means the people who write mods will put them somewhere else.

panter22 #52 Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15184 battles
instead off banning this nonsense you are supporting this :facepalm: so what is next you will start selling them by packs 

badmovepepe #53 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12810 battles
  • [TCFB] TCFB

If I have to have one on my tank it becomes illegal.

:justwait:clean game no mods

Alabamatick #54 Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31849 battles
The only mod i'm interested in is Battle messenger, but even if you can find it now it doesn't work in the same way anymore, you used to be able to get rid of everything, attention spam, everything, but not now :(

asalkur #55 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15515 battles

View PostZamieszki, on 03 February 2019 - 05:13 AM, said:

Can't you bobs understand that the mod shows where the camera is facing, not the gun?

There is no way to determine that without this mod, even if you see the enemy tank yourself.

BTW it is fukn obvious that a gun direction mod will show you the direction only if a vehicle is spotted. Unless you want a mod that shows you where unspotted enemy tanks are.

FYI gun direction mod is illegal.

WG does not ban all cheaters, but it bans some. Who knows, maybe you will get unlucky one day.

I personally use:

• zoom out
  • server reticle overlay
  • auto-mount equipment
  • a mod that marks never spotted vehicles on enemy team list
  • 10 seconds 6-th sense bulb duration
  • block shooting at allies

i thought 10 second 6th sense mod was illegal 

z7orm #56 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 31583 battles
  • [SWEEC] SWEEC
I wish there was a mod that made the game support 31:9 & 21:9 in fullscreen.....

TheArk_2014 #57 Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 65064 battles
  • [AETOS] AETOS

View PostAlabamatick, on 03 February 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

The only mod i'm interested in is Battle messenger, but even if you can find it now it doesn't work in the same way anymore, you used to be able to get rid of everything, attention spam, everything, but not now :(

To disable the chat box, at least the team messages, just go at the options and at the "General", tip/check the option "Disable chat with allies" ...

... this will disable all allied chat messages ...

... but not the "Commands" and the "Mini Map Spamming".

To disable a Mini Map spammer you need to:

During the battle ...

1) Press and Hold the Ctrl button.

2) At the Chat Box, hover your mouse pointer over the name of the spammer.

3) Click the X button that appears beside the name.

This method, temporary & only for the current game, will block all kind of messages from this player.

:hiding:

Edited by TheArk_2014, 04 February 2019 - 12:42 PM.

Sithilid #58 Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11787 battles

View PostSnoekiepoeps, on 02 February 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

REMOVE XVM from the game...this adds nothing to the game play. It only creates HATE in the game.

This. In fact, any mods that goes beyond cosmetics should be forbidden.
Unless it fixes the MM of course... 

Edited by Brawling_Drunkard, 04 February 2019 - 07:16 PM.

eekeeboo #59 Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46437 battles

View Postazra11, on 02 February 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

I never write anything on forum. But wargaming costumer service told me that solution of my problem is to write to developers. Impossible. I do not know how to do that. So, they might read this.

I do not want to install any mods. But it would be of great help for me if you can add colorblind crosshairs to the game? Giancit in Aslain does the job but I am scared of a ban, and with every update it is a pain to wait for days or weeks for working version.

With regular green crosshair I cannot see were to shoot if the map is green as well.

Is that such a monumental job, WG? Or is that unfair help for colorblind people?

I'm sure someone has answered this already but you have this option in the game. 

View PostCro006, on 02 February 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

Well, if you copy something to wrong place you can always just delete that folder, nothing bad will happen - as long as you're deleting folders and files inside res_mods and mods folders. I used to play with mods and never had any significant problems when copying stuff from old patches to new patches.

But yeah, I agree, devs should do something to help their players ;)

Da, Cro kao Hrvatska :D

I advise against using mods that were not updated into an updated game client, this can cause some unforeseen bugs and issues to arise. 

18:51 Added after 1 minute

View PostBadz360, on 02 February 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

Take the best/fairest parts of existing mods - credit the creators, and implement them in game. Then ban all other mods.

the game is what 8 years old? and declining, not growing - I think most 'modifications' will have been thought of by now.

There's always a chance someone will come up with a new mod, like the artillery view mod was out of nowhere and is such an integral part of the game. 
18:54 Added after 4 minutes

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 03 February 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

Yep!

You are absolutely right, but ... WG does not listen to the voice of reason and exclusively looks at own interest. 

Approval of such numbers of modes, confirms that WG  desperate need wider range of new players, at any cost.

It's good to support a community that mod your game if it's done in the rules of the game and not ruining the game play experience. Mods can be so beneficial to players and increase their QoL it is with a lack of sight you make a decision to ban all mods if it's something simple like carousel mod that keeps people playing. 
18:55 Added after 5 minutes

View PostCotton_Candy_Randy, on 03 February 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

It would not, people who want to cheat will always try to find a way given enough time. 

Dr_Starfart #60 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30011 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postazynkron, on 02 February 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

In Soviet Russia, links break you!

Seriously guys? Front page stuff and you couldn't even be bothered checking the links?

20:14 Added after 4 minutes

You are wrong, comrade. 

You only get the direction information if one of your team mates has spotted the enemy. Unspotted = info disappears. 

It's equivalent to anyone on your team telling you that the tank is facing north, south e t c. 

Maybe you should think and to a bit of research before you post the next time. It will save you a lot of embarrassment.

Oh, and it's perfectly legal. 

Ah so the destruction mod is legal too as you can always see if something is getting broken! Oh wait...

Edited by Dr_Starfart, 04 February 2019 - 08:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users