Do i need to win for completing mission?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DrMattes #1 Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 507 battles

Hello,

just a quick question, because I kinda cant find an answer. So Im doing the missions right now, for example I had LT-2 Reconnaissance mission, where primary condition is simply spot 2 enemies and to complete with honors there is survive the battle. I spotted 2 enemies several times (mission circle was green with a check mark so ... yeah) but did not survive the battle. And I think it didnt count that I completed it. When I want to complete a mission do I have to complete it all the way along with the "Complete with honors"? Or not?

Also do I have to win battle to complete mission every time? Even if its not saying "Survive" or "Win" in conditions? I hope i made my question clear and thanks for any help :)

Have a nice day!

Sirebellus #2 Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20810 battles
What vehicle are you playing in ?
It has to be a vehicle of T4 or above to count
(I can't think of any other reason that the mission counter wouldn't recognise 2 spots as a completion of the primary)

Wintermute_1 #3 Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46528 battles
If winning is a mission requirement it'll say so and yes you can move on to the next mission without completing it 'with honours'.

AliceUnchained #4 Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 38892 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostDrMattes, on 02 February 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

Hello,

just a quick question, because I kinda cant find an answer. So Im doing the missions right now, for example I had LT-2 Reconnaissance mission, where primary condition is simply spot 2 enemies and to complete with honors there is survive the battle. I spotted 2 enemies several times (mission circle was green with a check mark so ... yeah) but did not survive the battle. And I think it didnt count that I completed it. When I want to complete a mission do I have to complete it all the way along with the "Complete with honors"? Or not?

Also do I have to win battle to complete mission every time? Even if its not saying "Survive" or "Win" in conditions? I hope i made my question clear and thanks for any help :)

Have a nice day!

The answer tyo your question is in your own post already... You will complete a mission when you achieve the primary condition. You will complete it with honors, of you also achieve those conditions. In addition, once you've completed the mission with primary condition only, you can try again as many times as you want in order to achieve the honors. The only time you need to win a game in order to complete the mission, is when it is explicitly stated in the objective. 

Most likely you already completed the primary condition for this particular  LT-2 mission. Just select a different one in garage, and see what is listed for LT-2.

Edit: And as Sirebellus mentioned, there's a Tier requirement. An easy way to check if the vehicle you have selected qualifies, is looking at the top of the garage where the missions labels are. A '-' means the current vehicle does not qualify.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 02 February 2019 - 12:13 PM.

Dorander #5 Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18688 battles

If victory is a requirement for completing the mission it will literally state it, such as you already noticed. If it's not stated it is npt a requirement (or a direct consequence of achieving the condition such as cap-missions).

I noticed you state you spotted enemies "several times", keep in mind for mission requirements spotting enemies is the same as for the spot-medal requirements or your spotted vehicles ratio on your account statistics, they're first-time spots for enemy tanks only. This will become more important when you reach the mission where you have to spot enemies while remaining unspotted yourself, you have to be the first to spot them and you have to have not been spotted by anyone for that battle.

You can do the first campaign missions in any order if memory serves so you should be able to select a new mission as normal, you don't need to complete this one with honours first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users