Remove these GOD AWFUL base capture missions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Bad_Mojo_incoming #1 Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21441 battles
  • [THIK] THIK

Please, WG, remove these TERRIBLE, beyond frustrating base capture missions from the campaigns!

It's HORRIBLE, I've been stuck on trying to do the union mission where you have to capture a base twice for the primary objective.

I've been struggling to do it for WEEKS now, unable to complete it. Tried lights, meds and heavies, nothing worked and I've been TKed multiple times by a**hole teammates who wanted to maximize their damage and kills. These missions are stupid and ruin the gameplay, not to mention increase toxicity.

Or at least remove having to capture the base completely. Gather some capture points or reset capture points are okay, but having to capture the base for mission (TWICE at that) 100000000% rely on stupid chance and not skill.

Edited by Bad_Mojo_incoming, 02 February 2019 - 09:56 PM.

barison1 #2 Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39453 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

what tier are you trying it on?
       >lower tiers work best usually due to way more players being cap based

do you have encounter/assault enabled?

>these modes usually give way higher chances to decap which completes the mission aswell, mostly mines encounter makes it utter easy

Bad_Mojo_incoming #3 Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21441 battles
  • [THIK] THIK

View Postbarison1, on 02 February 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

what tier are you trying it on?
       >lower tiers work best usually due to way more players being cap based

do you have encounter/assault enabled?

>these modes usually give way higher chances to decap which completes the mission aswell, mostly mines encounter makes it utter easy

All damn tiers from 6 up to 10, nothing works. Either the team kills off the last enemy before cap is complete, or I get killed while capping, sometimes teamkilled.

Yes, all types of battles are enabled. No luck yet.

Well, good for you if you found it easy, these missions, especially those that require me to participate in the complete capture of a base are frigging nightmares.

The worst is that capturing the base is nothing but a secondary an ALTERNATE way to win a battle, but WG pushes it into primary role, I can't fathom to what end they do this...beyond frustrating players to no end.

barison1 #4 Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39453 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
focus on decaps, not to cap base yourself. have some fast tank and wait for right moment to push in encounter bases to decap

Bad_Mojo_incoming #5 Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21441 battles
  • [THIK] THIK

View Postbarison1, on 02 February 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

focus on decaps, not to cap base yourself. have some fast tank and wait for right moment to push in encounter bases to decap

Dude, I'm struggling with the union mission, where decap is not counted only capping. I generally struggled badly with all kinds of these capture/decap base missions throughout the 1st campaign, but in the 2nd campaing for the Excalibur, the capture the base for the Union mission has been an absolute nightmare.

I tried the T50-2, the Ltwt, the T54, T62a, mod1,  even some heavies like the T150, KV2, ST, pretty much all the soviet tanks I had, and NOTHING works....nothing but frustration.

What's worse, I need the orders I get for completing the 3 other factions to use them for the arty missions in the Chimera campaign. Not to mention, that I can't advance to the Chimera, until I complete the Union missions....

Edited by Bad_Mojo_incoming, 02 February 2019 - 10:35 PM.

barison1 #6 Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39453 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostBad_Mojo_incoming, on 02 February 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

Dude, I'm struggling with the union mission, where decap is not counted only capping. I generally struggled badly with all kinds of these capture/decap base missions throughout the 1st campaign, but in the 2nd campaing for the Excalibur, the capture the base for the Union mission has been an absolute nightmare.

I tried the T50-2, the Ltwt, the T54, T62a, mod1,  even some heavies like the T150, KV2, ST, pretty much all the soviet tanks I had, and NOTHING works....nothing but frustration.

What's worse, I need the orders I get for completing the 3 other factions to use them for the arty missions in the Chimera campaign. Not to mention, that I can't advance to the Chimera, until I complete the Union missions....

my bad, was thinking of the first campaign missions/chimera

mjs_89 #7 Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6530 battles
  • [95137] 95137

I did it yesterday, after 5 attempts in my Type 64. I have to say, I got pretty lucky.

The trick is that you can't force the mission. Pick a tank you enjoy/need to grind/want to train a crew with and play normally.

Then, if your allies try to cap, rush towards them and cap with them. Since you basically need only 1 cap point to fulfill the primary it should work. Obviously, lower tiers are better for this, as players tend to cap more often.

I know this isn't all that helpful, and I've been on the recieving end of a ally KV-2's gun sometimes, so I know the frustration. But eventually the stars will align and you'll get there.

Anyways, gl out there, you'll need it...

Btw I did the mission in a standard Westfield battle, pushed the east while the west came to a standstill. 2 team members didn't feel like flanking the remaining enemies and stayed in the cap. That's the kind of opportunity you'll have to look out for.

Edit: You can also ask one of your clan comrades to toon with you, maybe that'll help.

Edited by mjs_89, 03 February 2019 - 08:06 AM.

PointZero #8 Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44549 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Pick the lowest tier possible for the mission to max your chance of getting teammates that like to sit in the cap, weekends are prime time since more casual players flock the server.
  • Solo - your best bet is Assault or Regular battle, cap time is usually too long in Encounter for you to do it before your team cleans up or some enemies show up to defend.
  • Platoon - the best way to force the mission. Push through a flank and then sit in the cap. Have all 3 sit in the cap if you have allies that want to push onwards. If it's just you 3 the best play might be to have 2 players sit in the cap and send 1 to a strong location where he can slow/block the defenders coming back to their base.

SABAOTH #9 Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Have you got assault or encounter enabled?

In those everyone have still the tendency to cap, so you can get captured base or just farm the cappers while they wiggle their turrets :girl:

Wintermute_1 #10 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46385 battles
Been stuck on the 260 heavy mission forever, do 4k damage and cap or reset base.

Bad_Mojo_incoming #11 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21441 battles
  • [THIK] THIK

View PostWintermute_1, on 03 February 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

Been stuck on the 260 heavy mission forever, do 4k damage and cap or reset base.

Slapped a big ORDER on that one....After grinding throught the same plauge of a mission for the HTC and the T55A, I decided that I'm not going to rip my remaining hair out on missions like these.

Problem is, you can't use 1st campaign Orders to complete 2nd campaign missions, and I need all 3 orders I get from the Alliance, Block and Coalition missions for missions for the Chimera.

Wintermute_1 #12 Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46385 battles

View PostBad_Mojo_incoming, on 03 February 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Slapped a big ORDER on that one....After grinding throught the same plauge of a mission for the HTC and the T55A, I decided that I'm not going to rip my remaining hair out on missions like these.

Problem is, you can't use 1st campaign Orders to complete 2nd campaign missions, and I need all 3 orders I get from the Alliance, Block and Coalition missions for missions for the Chimera.

Whenever I do over 4k damage in a heavy I spend all game trying to get it done not worrying about the caps, just hoping that one day I'll just get a lucky shot into an enemy tank capping at the same time. Hate using orders for anything but the 15th final mission, I'll probably need as many as possible.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users