And people wonder why artillery players are disliked?

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

gpalsson #1 Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 23647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It's experiences like these that just really makes me annoyed with clickers who have been in base all game.

http://wotreplays.eu...gpalsson-lt-432

It's a bit of a follow up on the arty thread where some people thought it was perfectly fine to shoot when Lts are near enemies. I just wanted to get behind the guy. Skip to the end.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40431 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
:(

PervyPastryPuffer #3 Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32064 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 02 February 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

:(

ikr

Long_Range_Sniper #4 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:05 AM

General

• Player
  • 34363 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

A PONTI, on 02 February 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

What gets on my tits is when I've clearly let the team know that I'm loaded, aimed & firing some muppet, usually in an LT or fast med, goes charging in as I fire - they know the shell is in the air with a fairly decent flight time yet they continue the yolo and then whine at me when they take damage?:facepalm:

You see arty claiming that they've marked the target is enough to absolve them of all responsibility, and then you get the approach above which is almost as bad.

Apparently a light/medium tank is now meant to know when the arty has fired by some magic extra sixth sense special skill. With an arty that could have thirty seconds of reload who "marked" the target at the beginning of the reload, the light tank is to somehow work out when the arty may or may not have fired and judged their run accordingly. 

There is a very simple rule.

Don't fire arty near your own tanks.

If you're not good enough to read the minimap and pay attention to your own team and what they're dong then what more of an advantage do you need? Tanks can't teleport around the map. Arty has satellite view and the arty players knows the flight time. They're in the perfect position to judge when and when not to fire. Not the light tank who's trying to stay alive.

If you break the rule then it's the arty player's responsibility and accountability. Never the tanks that are at the other end.

The only muppet in friendly fire cases with arty is the bird brain with the birds eye view.

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 03 February 2019 - 12:06 AM.

PervyPastryPuffer #5 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:12 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32064 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 03 February 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

The only muppet in friendly fire cases with arty is the bird brain with the birds eye view.

Well said. :great: The real truth.

Baldrickk #6 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31450 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 03 February 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

What gets on my tits is when I've clearly let the team know that I'm loaded, aimed & firing some muppet, usually in an LT or fast med, goes charging in as I fire - they know the shell is in the air with a fairly decent flight time yet they continue the yolo and then whine at me when they take damage?:facepalm:

You see arty claiming that they've marked the target is enough to absolve them of all responsibility, and then you get the approach above which is almost as bad.

Apparently a light/medium tank is now meant to know when the arty has fired by some magic extra sixth sense special skill. With an arty that could have thirty seconds of reload who "marked" the target at the beginning of the reload, the light tank is to somehow work out when the arty may or may not have fired and judged their run accordingly. 

There is a very simple rule.

Don't fire arty near your own tanks.

If you're not good enough to read the minimap and pay attention to your own team and what they're dong then what more of an advantage do you need? Tanks can't teleport around the map. Arty has satellite view and the arty players knows the flight time. They're in the perfect position to judge when and when not to fire. Not the light tank who's trying to stay alive.

If you break the rule then it's the arty player's responsibility and accountability. Never the tanks that are at the other end.

I did shoot by our light tank, but held my fire until he asked for help and had made space.

Marked the projected zone and fired.

Turns out it was my worst shot of the game, but eh.  Gave the light time to reload and finish off the enemy arty 

:)

Only dead time between shots edited out.

You can check by watching the ammo counter.

So no wild misses or anything.

"Arty is inaccurate" my posterior.

Spoiler

I think a fair few on the enemy team were cursing me, in particular the Charioteer platoon, both of them and the EVEN 90.

Edited by Baldrickk, 03 February 2019 - 12:26 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_
Actually quite interesting battle, not bad at all...for a bot! :)

AHLagman #8 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4407 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Just stop playing arty. It's simple and everyone will be happy

SABAOTH #9 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-
24 people playing for the fun of 6 clickers. Good Idea :coin:

azakow #10 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79099 battles

Only at rare incidents SPG show expertise in consideration.

SInce I play play LT often I also have tones of experience in "being damaged" by some lazy SPG "expert".

Today there are the 3 bars above the vehicle in order to display the intentions of the SPG

Today we got these circles when SPG is aiming on the ground.

I use XVM and the status of the aiming SPG is displayed in the lower left corner, i.e. ready loading for x seconds or ready to fire.

Now in the heat of battle there is no time for the team mate at the front to read this, causing the consequences discribed.

What is so difficult to display more information of the aiming SPG at the location of the aim, i.e. the target?

I would still required them "low bob" SPG to use the "I am aiming" feature, but it would give all team mates so much more information.

This would be a really useful "dumbing down" of the game once in a while.

But hey it took WG 4+ years to implement the current.

:sceptic:

Bordhaw #11 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13242 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 02 February 2019 - 09:55 PM, said:

It's experiences like these that just really makes me annoyed with clickers who have been in base all game.

http://wotreplays.eu...gpalsson-lt-432

It's a bit of a follow up on the arty thread where some people thought it was perfectly fine to shoot when Lts are near enemies. I just wanted to get behind the guy. Skip to the end.

Congratulations you discovered a bad player....

gpalsson #12 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 23647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBordhaw, on 03 February 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

Congratulations you discovered a bad player....

As it says, it is as a continuation of the last discussion where people try to say that artillery should be allowed to shoot in these kinds of situations. It's not about that particular player. Try abstracting a little tiny bit. 

A hint you can use for future reference is that he isn't mentioned at all.

Edited by gpalsson, 03 February 2019 - 12:17 PM.

SlyMeerkat #13 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17122 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Not all Arty players are like that, some are quite decent and thoughtful..... I play Arty myself and have common sense not to shot tanks when allies are near, i make habit of marking where i am aiming but if an ally suddenly decides to face hug, i either aim elsewhere or hold of my shot until he is either dead or its clear, Its really not that hard and as for that game you shared, obviously an idiot player that gives bad names to those that are decent

gpalsson #14 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 23647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 03 February 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

Not all Arty players are like that, some are quite decent and thoughtful..... I play Arty myself and have common sense not to shot tanks when allies are near, i make habit of marking where i am aiming but if an ally suddenly decides to face hug, i either aim elsewhere or hold of my shot until he is either dead or its clear, Its really not that hard and as for that game you shared, obviously an idiot player that gives bad names to those that are decent

No I know.

There are a lot of thoughtful players (also artillery), and I am not trying to portray all artillery players like this one, but it does happen a fair bit. When this happened last night, I just came to think of the now locked thread and wanted to show people what kind of behavior I was talking about in the now locked thread.

It was nothing more than that.

SlyMeerkat #15 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17122 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View Postgpalsson, on 03 February 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

No I know.

There are a lot of thoughtful players (also artillery), and I am not trying to portray all artillery players like this one, but it does happen a fair bit. When this happened last night, I just came to think of the now locked thread and wanted to show people what kind of behavior I was talking about in the now locked thread.

Yeah, i understand :)

SABAOTH #16 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postgpalsson, on 03 February 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

No I know.

I think the issue is not about considerate players, the problem is that you can take a dump on both friends and enemies if you play SPG with absolutely zero risks

truoste #17 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39453 battles

View Postazakow, on 03 February 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Only at rare incidents SPG show expertise in consideration.

SInce I play play LT often I also have tones of experience in "being damaged" by some lazy SPG "expert".

Today there are the 3 bars above the vehicle in order to display the intentions of the SPG

Today we got these circles when SPG is aiming on the ground.

I use XVM and the status of the aiming SPG is displayed in the lower left corner, i.e. ready loading for x seconds or ready to fire.

Now in the heat of battle there is no time for the team mate at the front to read this, causing the consequences discribed.

What is so difficult to display more information of the aiming SPG at the location of the aim, i.e. the target?

I would still required them "low bob" SPG to use the "I am aiming" feature, but it would give all team mates so much more information.

This would be a really useful "dumbing down" of the game once in a while.

But hey it took WG 4+ years to implement the current.

:sceptic:

Thing is, no mod would prevent "allied" arties to intentionally hit allies. It is very conscious decision unless someone truly competes with vegetable. No matter what information is provided to others, if they want to shoot allies, they will do so.

None of them can use the old i did not know I was going to hit an ally excuse. They know it, they just do not care and as game mechanics allow it, they do not need to change their ways. Only way to prevent them from shooting allies is to enforce it more strictly, perhaps the damage received while stunned should count towards that artyes TK points. Perhaps they should pay for the damage caused while their ally was stunned too. In the mean time, there is no such thing as allied arty, both green and red are nearly equally dangerous when you are close to enemy.   

TheMightyDingles #18 Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3495 battles

Is there anyone left in the game that wonders ?

Kind of obvious reading arty lovers responses in this forum . Many seem to thrive on being trolls and griefers so it isn't surprising they fire and do team damage .

Discontinued #19 Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

View PostTheMightyDingles, on 03 February 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Is there anyone left in the game that wonders ?

Kind of obvious reading arty lovers responses in this forum . Many seem to thrive on being trolls and griefers so it isn't surprising they fire and do team damage .

Yep and posts like these only encourage me to play more arty

View PostBaldrickk, on 02 February 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

I did shoot by our light tank, but held my fire until he asked for help and had made space.

Marked the projected zone and fired.

Turns out it was my worst shot of the game, but eh.  Gave the light time to reload and finish off the enemy arty 

:)

Only dead time between shots edited out.

You can check by watching the ammo counter.

So no wild misses or anything.

"Arty is inaccurate" my posterior.

Spoiler

I think a fair few on the enemy team were cursing me, in particular the Charioteer platoon, both of them and the EVEN 90.

Nice game Balders 

I'm one if the more considerate arty players and will hold fire if there is a light close by however, the flight times on large maps sometimes do mean that you stun someone, but then if I've marked my shot they should also have the wherewithal to realise there is incoming fire. so it cuts both ways. 

i just love all the whiners who say flatly "i will never play arty" as if its beneath them

then they cry because they have no idea how to play against arty and somehow think they are being "focused" without realising they are just giving themselves to arty

It only makes me want to play it more!

OIias_of_Sunhillow #20 Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25305 battles

I'm disliked..!

That makes me sad. :confused:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users