Soldier of Fortune Campaign and Reward Tank

#nothing_to_see_here

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Soldier of Fortune Campaign and Reward Tank (50 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What do you think:

1. #Nothing_to_see_here (22 votes [44.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.00%

2. OP is clearly out of his mind (28 votes [56.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

Vote Hide poll

Buff_is3 #1 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 457 battles

With one day left in the campaign it is really heartwarming to see that account sharing and reward tank selling is more rampant than ever.

And that WG probably gives less fecks than ever.

GG WP lads

(If people in 2019 still are playing dumb or pretend that they don't understand what I am talking about wotlife is one click away. Check some stronk clanus and the stats of some accounts that joined recently. And the obvious ones are like 10%-20% of the total "questionable" practices. Rest 90%-80% are the non obvious ones like: hey FC my pal is going to play my account tonight because I have exam tomorrow)

Ninja edit few days later:

Well, finally we got some official clarifications on the matter by WarGaming. Here is the link: http://forum.worldof...2#entry16625082

And for the lazy ones:

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 February 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

I finally got to the end of the thread! 

Please refrain from personal attacks and non-constructive posts. Banhammering will take place, I've unapproved a lot of topics and I understand the sensitive nature for a lot of people on this. 

To clear up a few things I've read: 

1) Account boosting (via sharing account and/or having other people play your account). 

- This will be punished and is in no way tolerated, if you have proof of this as a report we will investigate and the appropriate sanction will be put in place, as has been seen already. 

2) Sales of boosting - Paying a clan or person to play your account or to be in a clan/team: 

- This will also be punished and is against the game rules as well as the campaign rules. If there is evidence of this, submit a ticket and get the issue will be investigated (even if you PM myself). The sale of in-game goods via 3rd party or selling something like a CW reward tank will be punished if it's in this context (as has already been demonstrated). 

3) Boosting a player in a clan 

- If you have a friend or you're friends with a top clan and they take you on board and help you play better or show you how to play better in CW, maybe you're not the best player but you do A LOT of work with recruits and CW organisation etc, being "boosted" like this by having skilled teammates and friends to help you get a tank is not against the rules and is not forbidden in any of the rules anywhere. 

4) Rigging battles in CW 

- This is still a no no, the rule was relaxed this CW but the point still stands that a repeat of a few years ago will not be tolerated and will be sanctioned accordingly. 

Hopefully, this provides some clarity and I'll happily answer more questions, but at this stage, there's too much bickering and insulting going on. I understand the frustration with this matter, after all I had a chance to get a tank, but through joining a clan too late and my tendency to never stop working I missed out also. There are people like myself who "suffer" silently knowing we can get better and will plan to improve this in the next campaign by either playing better or being in a better clan to teach me how to improve and play at CW better. 

We're taking on board all feedback and sentiment and will be reviewing the CW rules throughout before the next campaign to try and make sure this type of event is successful and enjoyable for all. I will say for as far as I remember this is one of the most successful and enjoyable campaigns I've seen people have. Our technical errors apart, I want to point out the compensation and provision of information during the campaign by ourselves has hopefully eased some of the headache from the earlier hiccups. 

It appears that despite many saying here that it is OK to help a friend or fellow clan mate to get the tank by playing on their account if they cannot, this is not supposed to happen.

So if you have proof about account sharing and similar not "encouraged" practices fellow tankers then contact support and/ or PM eekeeboo instead of crying on the forums.

Edited by Buff_is3, 06 February 2019 - 09:19 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #2 Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:13 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32013 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
What campaign?...I don't have sufficient information to reply.

Celution #3 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 26961 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

Participating in CW campaigns is one of the most time consuming things out there. The campaign is organised in such a way that you at most can afford 1-2 days of not playing if you even want to have a chance of getting the ultimate reward (the tank). I won't deny that some of the stuff you mentioned happens. But if you take a step back and look at the whole picture, it really is not strange that it does due to the insane time requirements the campaign demands from people.

In other words, OP seems to be the age old case of:

1. Using a secondary forum account to trashpost so that people can't hate on his 'real' self. 
  2. Crying on the forums because a select of driven and dedicated players get rewarded with ingame content that he can't get his hands on, not even if you throw money at WG. 
  3. Thinking it's unfair that these dedicated players who put their lives on hold for 10-14 days (and I mean this; it's two weeks, every evening between 19 - 24) get rewarded with unique content. 

Edited by Celution, 03 February 2019 - 01:22 PM.

RockyRoller #4 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34962 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
look at it this way, if your wealthy to hire the service you get a tank you'd never play and the ringer gets paid a working wage, send in the tax man and lets fund the nhs

barison1 #5 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39379 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

i dont see much issue with account sharing in certain situations, for example if 95/100 people in clan x can get the tank but the remainder 5 are which are like rank 10.000ish and have quite a chance to fall outside rankings as they cant play as much as the other people, but have been online previous week for cw as much as they could.

if those get offered by the real active guys in the clan if they could take their accounts over for the last 1-2 days so they are sure to get the tank aswell, which to me is just a gesture of nice clan members caring about the others.

way better than having a clan that only takes the best people in a team and leaves the rest out making it that only a certain bunch get the tank.

Buff_is3 #6 Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 457 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 03 February 2019 - 03:13 AM, said:

What campaign?...I don't have sufficient information to reply.

But somehow you had enough information to vote in the poll.. In the unlikely case that you are not trolling you can read more here http://forum.worldof...laces-in-clans/

View PostCelution, on 03 February 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

Participating in CW campaigns is one of the most time consuming things out there. The campaign is organised in such a way that you at most can afford 1-2 days of not playing if you even want to have a chance of getting the ultimate reward (the tank). I won't deny that some of the stuff you mentioned happens. But if you take a step back and look at the whole picture, it really is not strange that it does due to the insane time requirements the campaign demands from people.

In other words, OP seems to be the age old case of:

1. Using a secondary forum account to trashpost so that people can't hate on his 'real' self. 
  2. Crying on the forums because a select of driven and dedicated players get rewarded with ingame content that he can't get his hands on, not even if you throw money at WG. 
  3. Thinking it's unfair that these dedicated players who put their lives on hold for 10-14 days (and I mean this; it's two weeks, every evening between 19 - 24) get rewarded with unique content. 

You definitely afford more than 1-2 days of not playing, especially if you are in a solid clan. It would be really funny to deny that what I mention (and not just some of the stuff) is happening since you already *know* that what I mention is happening. Of course it is not strange that it is happening, anyone who is not ignorant would expect this to happen since WG does not do jack sh*t about it.

Also in other words:

1. Nice imagination, even better arguments
  2. Nice imagination; also people who should not receive the tank will receive it at the cost of skilled people who invested time and will get nothing. And a few will receive it exactly because they throw money (just at commanders and officers instead of WG)
  3. Nice imagination, even better reading comprehension

View PostRockyRoller, on 03 February 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

look at it this way, if your wealthy to hire the service you get a tank you'd never play and the ringer gets paid a working wage, send in the tax man and lets fund the nhs

Tbh this is probably better than what is currently going on.

View Postbarison1, on 03 February 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

i dont see much issue with account sharing in certain situations, for example if 95/100 people in clan x can get the tank but the remainder 5 are which are like rank 10.000ish and have quite a chance to fall outside rankings as they cant play as much as the other people, but have been online previous week for cw as much as they could.

if those get offered by the real active guys in the clan if they could take their accounts over for the last 1-2 days so they are sure to get the tank aswell, which to me is just a gesture of nice clan members caring about the others.

way better than having a clan that only takes the best people in a team and leaves the rest out making it that only a certain bunch get the tank.

Well, account sharing is illegal so that should be the end of the argument (regardless of how (in)competent WG is).

However, let's examine your hypothetical case. If your friend is position 10.000 and cannot play today but you are position 1500 then you can play his account without any cost for you. Therefore your friend will receive the tank even though he probably wouldn't on his own. On the other hand, there is my friend who is position 11.200 right now and he will dedicate his entire evening to play campaign tonight. He is very likely to not get the tank because you (and many others) will be playing your friend's account tonight (something that according to WG should not be happening). So isn't that some kind of "robbing" my friend from his time investment, credit investment and tank reward?

And what i your friend is very happy that he receives the tank despite not playing tonight and he sends you some gold? Or buys you dinner tomorrow? Where do you draw the line?

Nothing personal and I see your point mate, but because there is a limited supply of the campaign tanks skilled players who invest time, effort, and money (credits, premium, free exp, etc.) are kinda being "robbed".

(and yes, i know what you mean by clan only picking certain people and screwing others, this is also something that WG should address. Along with getting kicked mid campaign and other similar crap)

fwhaatpiraat #7 Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50913 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBuff_is3, on 03 February 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

my friend who is position 11.200 right now

lol

barison1 #8 Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39379 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostBuff_is3, on 03 February 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Well, account sharing is illegal so that should be the end of the argument (regardless of how (in)competent WG is).

However, let's examine your hypothetical case. If your friend is position 10.000 and cannot play today but you are position 1500 then you can play his account without any cost for you. Therefore your friend will receive the tank even though he probably wouldn't on his own. On the other hand, there is my friend who is position 11.200 right now and he will dedicate his entire evening to play campaign tonight. He is very likely to not get the tank because you (and many others) will be playing your friend's account tonight (something that according to WG should not be happening). So isn't that some kind of "robbing" my friend from his time investment, credit investment and tank reward?

And what i your friend is very happy that he receives the tank despite not playing tonight and he sends you some gold? Or buys you dinner tomorrow? Where do you draw the line?

Nothing personal and I see your point mate, but because there is a limited supply of the campaign tanks skilled players who invest time, effort, and money (credits, premium, free exp, etc.) are kinda being "robbed".

(and yes, i know what you mean by clan only picking certain people and screwing others, this is also something that WG should address. Along with getting kicked mid campaign and other similar crap)

apart from it being illegal (altough it is pretty common practise even with popular streamers);

stuff as i mentioned is done pretty often in clans that care about their players to get as many possible the reward tank (if they deserved it obviously by attending cw quite bunch times), and so far i know no one would ask to be rewarded for playing that guys acc. just a gesture of kindness and hoping others would do the same in return if needed someday else in future.

sure it would push another rando guy over the cutoff making him unable to recieve the tank but campaign is a clan based effort, caring about own clan people is rated higher than random guy nr x. just as in real life, you would always prioritize your own friends, family and other people close to you over some rando guy

TheFluffyVehicle #9 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8766 battles
  • [KISS-] KISS-
now that you mention it. do you by any chance play on your "Friend's" account. because you seem very invested for a player who has less than 500 battles. why do you even care about CW? you don't even have a tier 10 yet! and to be honest. have fun blaming the rest of the community because you didn't make it. and I'm so proud that you're not man enough to complain about this on your actual account

tajj7 #10 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26422 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I have no issue with account sharing, at the end of the day it's up to those people involved. It's more an issue of security (i.e people stealing the account and anything linked to it) which is why WG doesn't like it.

But CWs is a team event, its all the people in the clan pulling together to do the best of possible, and for most clans outside like the top ones, their main goal is to get as many reward tanks for their players as they can. So people who have lots of points, or are not going for the tank, often basically sub in and play people's accounts to make sure that happens. Because as mentioned above, CW campaign is a big drain on people's time, you have to be turning up day after day, lots of time is spend waiting around and it can take up whole evenings. 

I have zero problems with it. 

_Crusad3r_ #11 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30817 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
Actually from what I remember account sharing is no longer illegal. WG just frown upon it because of the security risks that obviously come with account sharing. What is illegal is account selling which is another thing altogether :) As for the OP - get into a good clan next campaign and better luck next time :)

Ceeb #12 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:22 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 31675 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostBuff_is3, on 03 February 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

With one day left in the campaign it is really heartwarming to see that account sharing and reward tank selling is more rampant than ever.

And that WG probably gives less fecks than ever.

GG WP lads

(If people in 2019 still are playing dumb or pretend that they don't understand what I am talking about wotlife is one click away. Check some stronk clanus and the stats of some accounts that joined recently. And the obvious ones are like 10%-20% of the total "questionable" practices. Rest 90%-80% are the non obvious ones like: hey FC my pal is going to play my account tonight because I have exam tomorrow)

Well,

I dont care to be fair,  It's extreamly hard to prove. And why should you be bothered? cant afford to get into a top clan? jealous?

I've and the rest of Bull have busted there rears off for two weeks.  If people feel the need to cheat and have the money let them waste it.   But one think I learned about this CWs (havent done one in years) is that its becoming harder and harder, Reward tanks are becoming the norm and significantly better than the tech tree counterparts. Arty should be limited, facing three GCs is just insane, Spallliner is useless.

I've got enough points to convert to bonds and some camos, Happy with that. disapointed we didnt land but gained a lot of experience on coesion and working as a team.

Really dont care about the alledged cheating. I've improved, Clan has improve, beat some better teams. just cant complain at all.

Cobra6 #13 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Let's put it like this: If one good player in a clan makes sure another good player in the clan gets the tank because that player does not have the time to play, there is absolutely no problem. If that player had been able to play he'd had gotten the tank anyway.

If a good player in a clan makes sure a bad player/reroller gets the tank in a clan, then it's a different story as said bad player/reroller would have probably not gotten the tank on his own.

Cobra 6

Fisting_Uranus_Hard #14 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13903 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostCeeb, on 04 February 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

Well,

I dont care to be fair,  It's extreamly hard to prove. And why should you be bothered? cant afford to get into a top clan? jealous?

I've and the rest of Bull have busted there rears off for two weeks.  If people feel the need to cheat and have the money let them waste it.   But one think I learned about this CWs (havent done one in years) is that its becoming harder and harder, Reward tanks are becoming the norm and significantly better than the tech tree counterparts. Arty should be limited, facing three GCs is just insane, Spallliner is useless.

I've got enough points to convert to bonds and some camos, Happy with that. disapointed we didnt land but gained a lot of experience on coesion and working as a team.

Really dont care about the alledged cheating. I've improved, Clan has improve, beat some better teams. just cant complain at all.

I think it's fair to say that CW reward tanks are not becoming the norm, and there are not that many of them on the server compared to their standard counterparts. Yes I agree tanks like the 907 are 'better' than the 140, however it's not OP better, the 907 isn't OP contrary to popular belief (here's a link to my clan mates video: https://www.youtube....h?v=gy0MCViPElc) it is overall 10% better, but still, if a skilled player is in a 140 they can usually do equally as good as the 907.

In terms of the other CW reward tanks, 121B is just still purely average, not good at all, average at everything except gold pen but still is just a bad 140.

T95E6 is a slightly better 30B clone pretty much.

VK has a lower plate that tier 8's can pen no problem without firing gold and has a slightly different playstyle to it's standard counterpart.

Chieftain has yet to be tested, but I feel it's going to be as good as the super conq if not better due to the mobility, looks like it won't take HE well but we will see.

M60 is just a leo 1 pretty much like with more OP premium rounds.

Tier 8 CW tanks are all pretty much worse than their counterparts apart from the chieftain which is as good.

I think this is another issue of CW reward tanks being called OP because only good players generally get them and only the good players use them well, mostly people from only the top 100 clans I think would be able to have a chance to get them.

fwhaatpiraat #15 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50913 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostFisting_Uranus_Hard, on 04 February 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

I think it's fair to say that CW reward tanks are not becoming the norm, and there are not that many of them on the server compared to their standard counterparts. Yes I agree tanks like the 907 are 'better' than the 140, however it's not OP better, the 907 isn't OP contrary to popular belief (here's a link to my clan mates video: https://www.youtube....h?v=gy0MCViPElc) it is overall 10% better, but still, if a skilled player is in a 140 they can usually do equally as good as the 907.

In terms of the other CW reward tanks, 121B is just still purely average, not good at all, average at everything except gold pen but still is just a bad 140.

VK has a lower plate that tier 8's can pen no problem without firing gold and has a slightly different playstyle to it's standard counterpart.

Chieftain has yet to be tested, but I feel it's going to be as good as the super conq if not better due to the mobility, looks like it won't take HE well but we will see.

Tier 8 CW tanks are all pretty much worse than their counterparts apart from the chieftain which is as good.

I think this is another issue of CW reward tanks being called OP because only good players generally get them and only the good players use them well, mostly people from only the top 100 clans I think would be able to have a chance to get them.

907 is not OP, just like Russian (`Soviet`) tanks aren't OP. The amount of Russian tanks in the campaign is just a coincidence.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 04 February 2019 - 11:46 AM.

Ceeb #16 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:31 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 31675 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostFisting_Uranus_Hard, on 04 February 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

Ok,

From experience of the last two weeks, faced a number of clans taking the 907 and 260 exclusivly (I'm two missions away from the 260), thats all they took plus T-100-LT.   the results? slaughter, so i stand by my comment, that future CWs events will be come harder for lesser teams to get anywhere.

If you dont think the 907 is OP or the 260 overbuffed then i cant argue to be fair.  put them in the hands of the good player they are outstanding machines and I'm jealous of those that have it.

Now the auction isnt a true auction, I would bid on the 121B. but if its a free for all there is no point as people will bid on the 907, only 907 drivers will bid on something different.

tanksven307 #17 Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25549 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
Now the campaign is over I can't use my famepoints to buy something... I ranked at spot 3600 and I can't buy myself a 907... When am I able to buy these things

Ceeb #18 Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:53 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 31675 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View Posttanksven307, on 04 February 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Now the campaign is over I can't use my famepoints to buy something... I ranked at spot 3600 and I can't buy myself a 907... When am I able to buy these things

Jesus,   give them a chance to sort it out.... it will come.   Be thankful you're in the 10600.  

This just screams of bragging..

Edit, So who has been playing your account :) ?

Edited by Ceeb, 04 February 2019 - 01:54 PM.

Cobra6 #19 Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posttanksven307, on 04 February 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

A 49% win rate player soon to be running around in a 907......My oh my CW standards have dropped by miles it seems.

*OR* someone has been playing your account during the campaign.

Cobra 6 

Ceeb #20 Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 31675 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostCobra6, on 04 February 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

A 49% win rate player soon to be running around in a 907......My oh my CW standards have dropped by miles it seems.

*OR* someone has been playing your account during the campaign.

Cobra 6 

Yep, I thought the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users