Jump to content


Pudding & Tea? or Something Else?


  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Poll: What Should The British Food Consumable Actually be? (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Pick One.

  1. Status Quo - Pudding & Tea? (7 votes [17.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.50%

  2. Bacon Butties? (2 votes [5.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.00%

  3. Fish & Chips? (9 votes [22.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.50%

  4. Scratchings & Beer? (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. Tea & Crumpets? (9 votes [22.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.50%

  6. Egg & Chips? (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  7. Tea & Scones? (5 votes [12.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

  8. Other? feel Free to Elaborate. (8 votes [20.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Hide poll

_cro_magnon #41 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 34482 battles
  • 2,955
  • [V-TER] V-TER
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

View PostSABAOTH, on 03 February 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

I got this:

 

Marmite!

Spoiler

 

As far as OP's question goes, yeah, I'm not even British and I know Pudding and tea don't go together. Tea and biscuits perhaps?

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 03 February 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

Or maybe Haggis? :trollface:

Isn't that Scottish dish?



Erwin_Von_Braun #42 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:58 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 44006 battles
  • 6,745
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostFataL_ShadowZ, on 03 February 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

 

Not sure tbh but there was a bit of an uproar last year when the amount of sugar was drastically reduced. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-42565363

I don't drink the stuff personally, nor really any fizzy drinks these days, I'll stick to Hobgoblin and Newcastle Brown

 

I'll have one of those :medal:

Rataplan #43 Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:21 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20487 battles
  • 464
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    06-09-2011
Trifle. They can replace the HESH rounds with it as well, trifle does way more damage.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #44 Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:22 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 26713 battles
  • 3,575
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

View PostRataplan, on 03 February 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

Trifle. They can replace the HESH rounds with it as well, trifle does way more damage.

 

I think the joke goes;

..replace it with jelly and custard, it does a trifle more damage.  :teethhappy:



Fizzymagic #45 Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 51151 battles
  • 201
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

View PostRupolsky, on 03 February 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

I thought the national food of the UK was cyanide, as you've all voted for a mass suicide. They can't even eat humble pie and sort it out.

By mass suicide i presume you mean our democratic choice to stand alone? Good job we tend to feel like that or this forum would be german speaking and most of you would be playing WOT from the Germanic empire of the 5th Reich.

 

Dont have the popcorn emoji but standing by for triggered responses, #justsaying 



Erwin_Von_Braun #46 Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:51 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 44006 battles
  • 6,745
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostFizzymagic, on 03 February 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

By mass suicide i presume you mean our democratic choice to stand alone? Good job we tend to feel like that or this forum would be german speaking and most of you would be playing WOT from the Germanic empire of the 5th Reich.

 

Dont have the popcorn emoji but standing by for triggered responses, #justsaying

 

Got some bad news for you comrade, it's not 1945 any more ;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:popcorn:



Fizzymagic #47 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 51151 battles
  • 201
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 February 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

 

Got some bad news for you comrade, it's not 1945 any more ;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:popcorn:

 

Quite true, they dont control you militarily, just politically and financially. Now how do i get that popcorn emoji?

Three_Rounds_Rapid #48 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46044 battles
  • 716
  • [W__F] W__F
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015
Dunno, but I like a crumpet with a sticky muffin....

Erwin_Von_Braun #49 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 44006 battles
  • 6,745
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostFizzymagic, on 03 February 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

 

Quite true, they dont control you militarily, just politically and financially. Now how do i get that popcorn emoji?

 

Sad thing is, you're right, it's just I don't see a problem with it.

We are nowt but a teensy island any more - and it makes me weep, but I see no alternative.



Nishi_Kinuyo #50 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10217 battles
  • 7,071
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostDiscontinued, on 03 February 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Wow about toad in the hole, 

 

Always confuses foreign guests

 

View PostAxelfoley666, on 03 February 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

Spotted D ick anyone? How is that a censored word lol.

The joys of English cuisine.

View Postcro001, on 03 February 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

Isn't that Scottish dish?

Well, tbf, the nation in WoT is the UK, not England. :P

And Alba isn't independent... yet. :trollface:

So... Biadh h-Alba is perfectly fine.



L0ddy #51 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 86273 battles
  • 2,506
  • [TWD] TWD
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

Ideally it would be a cream tea....scone, jam & cream + hot beverage of your choice, a bit difficult to prepare in a tank though.

 

Wartime, quite possibly a suet based hot pudding & custard... spotted d.i.c.k, jam roly-poly, treacle sponge etc.

 

:)


Edited by L0ddy, 03 February 2019 - 04:18 PM.


Cpl_Loli_Lewd #52 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37212 battles
  • 595
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012

Always wanted to visit Great Britain, and "raid" every fish and chips place in some bigger city :D

 

But for WoT, definitely something with Tea. Sipping tea while driving Churchill infantry tank and listening to british grenadiers - most british thing in WoT for me.


Edited by Itsumi_Erika_, 03 February 2019 - 04:27 PM.


Fizzymagic #53 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 51151 battles
  • 201
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 February 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

 

Sad thing is, you're right, it's just I don't see a problem with it.

We are nowt but a teensy island any more - and it makes me weep, but I see no alternative.

 

 

Well with 3.8 million Eu citizens living in the UK and thousands of economic migrants crossing more than half of Europe every day to get to the UK we must be doing something right. They can see the potential if half of our own citizens cannot. It would have been fine if all countries played by the same rules but they dont.

 

Now how do i get the popcorn emoji? 



SABAOTH #54 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40172 battles
  • 3,494
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
Any Englishman here tried/likes Marmite? Just out of curiosity :hiding:

Erwin_Von_Braun #55 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 44006 battles
  • 6,745
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostFizzymagic, on 03 February 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

 

 

Well with 3.8 million Eu citizens living in the UK and thousands of economic migrants crossing more than half of Europe every day to get to the UK we must be doing something right. They can see the potential if half of our own citizens cannot. It would have been fine if all countries played by the same rules but they dont.

 

Now how do i get the popcorn emoji?

 

There is a popcorn emoji, you just have to look a little harder, maybe take a step back & look at the bigger picture?
15:39 Added after 1 minute

View PostItsumi_Erika_, on 03 February 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

Always wanted to visit Great Britain, and "raid" every fish and chips place in some bigger city :D

 

But for WoT, definitely something with Tea. Sipping tea while driving Churchill infantry tank and listening to british grenadiers - most british thing in WoT for me.

 

Best fish & chips you can get in this country is from Whitby in North Yorkshire.

And that's coming from a soft southern sheet like moi :honoring:



Fizzymagic #56 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 51151 battles
  • 201
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 February 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

 

There is a popcorn emoji, you just have to look a little harder, maybe take a step back & look at the bigger picture?
15:39 Added after 1 minute

 

Best fish & chips you can get in this country is from Whitby in North Yorkshire.

And that's coming from a soft southern sheet like moi :honoring:

 

Unike you i dont have a crystal ball but am trying to remain optomistic. My glass is always half full unlike the doom and gloom merchants trying to change free will. Loving your Papa Lazarou avatar by the way!

 

Hello Dave!!!!


Edited by Fizzymagic, 03 February 2019 - 04:48 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #57 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 44006 battles
  • 6,745
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostFizzymagic, on 03 February 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

 

Unike you i dont have a crystal ball but am trying to remain optomistic. My glass is always half full unlike the doom and gloom merchants trying to change free will. Loving your Papa Lazarou avatar by the way!

 

Hello Dave!!!!

 

Whatever happens, whichever way it goes I can guarantee one thing.

Putin is laughing his [edited]off:D



Nishi_Kinuyo #58 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10217 battles
  • 7,071
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 February 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostFizzymagic, on 03 February 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

 

 

Well with 3.8 million Eu citizens living in the UK and thousands of economic migrants crossing more than half of Europe every day to get to the UK we must be doing something right. They can see the potential if half of our own citizens cannot. It would have been fine if all countries played by the same rules but they dont.

 

Now how do i get the popcorn emoji? 

 

There is a popcorn emoji, you just have to look a little harder, maybe take a step back & look at the bigger picture?
:popcorn:

Fizzymagic #59 Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 51151 battles
  • 201
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

You mock me with the popcorn emoji, come on brother, i am also a soft southern shite. Solidarity!!!!

 

Now dont make me do two minutes work and tell me how to get it! I am also a lazy arse.


Edited by Fizzymagic, 03 February 2019 - 05:12 PM.


Bordhaw #60 Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15628 battles
  • 5,329
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 February 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

 

Tea & Crumpets?
 

 

I do love some fresh crumpet! 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users