mixed crew

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Roberto0225 #1 Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30653 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED
Hi guys! I have a question about the crew members of a tank. If you use a mixed crew (female, male) and check the box for "accelerate crew training", even though the female crew member has more skills, still she will be the one to receive the extra XP. Is it possible to change this in the future? Is it possible that the special skill a female crew member has (BIA) to be considered as "not special", like any other skill, so the Accelerate crew training can work as it should be?

Edited by Roberto0225, 04 February 2019 - 02:43 PM.

brevlada #2 Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14815 battles
The accelerated crew training puts the standard XP gained from that battle on to the least trained crew member, so if you have 89% trained skill on all members except 1 that has 88% the XP goes inly to the 88% trained one. As for the BiA skill you can mix and match the way you want, so BiA, sisterhood of steel and band of brothers (I think the sabaton one's called) work in any combination as long as all crewmembers have 1 of them.

hall0s_Smurf #3 Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27129 battles
  • [OM] OM
It is nice to see an answer which has pretty much nothing to do with the question asked . 

tank276 #4 Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52040 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostRoberto0225, on 04 February 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

Hi guys! I have a question about the crew members of a tank. If you use a mixed crew (female, male) and check the box for "accelerate crew training", even though the female crew member has more skills, still she will be the one to receive the extra XP. Is it possible to change this in the future? Is it possible that the special skill a female crew member has (BIA) to be considered as "not special", like any other?

I dont think it is possible, or will it be in the future.

The female crew (along with some special male such as "Berlin" crews, Santa Claus, Buffone to name a few) get a zero xp 1st or even 2nd skill, so they train much faster. I doupt it can ever be the other way around.

Keep only your special crew member as a commander and put mentor on her/him, the others will catch up fast.

Cheers

DracheimFlug #5 Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9741 battles

View PostRoberto0225, on 04 February 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

Hi guys! I have a question about the crew members of a tank. If you use a mixed crew (female, male) and check the box for "accelerate crew training", even though the female crew member has more skills, still she will be the one to receive the extra XP. Is it possible to change this in the future? Is it possible that the special skill a female crew member has (BIA) to be considered as "not special", like any other?

The free BIA is 'free' and does not count for skill progression costs. Changing that, which you seem to be wanting, would just make the crew member worse with no benefit. 

Roberto0225 #6 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30653 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED
I will attach a picture so everyone can understand what i am talking about

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_001.jpg   102.85K

Edited by Roberto0225, 04 February 2019 - 03:05 PM.

Geno1isme #7 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 44889 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostRoberto0225, on 04 February 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

We know what you're talking about. The feature is working as intended, it selects the crew member with the lowest amount of XP. The girls come with a free BIA skill that is ignored for XP calculations, so your commander has the lowest amount of XP on that tank (she has 249% worth of Crew-XP in skills, your gunner has 284%).

seXikanac #8 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12602 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostRoberto0225, on 04 February 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

Mate, just accept they are smarter than us even in games :D

Homer_J #9 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hi guys! I have a question about the crew members of a tank. If you use a mixed crew (female, male) and check the box for "accelerate crew training", even though the female crew member has more skills, still she will be the one to receive the extra XP. Is it possible to change this in the future? Is it possible that the special skill a female crew member has (BIA) to be considered as "not special", like any other skill, so the Accelerate crew training can work as it should be?

ACT goes to the crew member with the least exp earned.

What you are wanting is to give the 0th skill an exp value, but I guess only for the determination of ACT because otherwise it would have a negative effect on the speed of training subsequent skills and reskilling for credits/free.

I don't think everyone will agree with you.  The way it is now is useful when you have a commander who is also radio operator then you want them training faster.

geoff99 #10 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39900 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Posttank276, on 04 February 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

I dont think it is possible, or will it be in the future.

The female crew (along with some special male such as "Berlin" crews, Santa Claus, Buffone to name a few) get a zero xp 1st or even 2nd skill, so they train much faster. I doupt it can ever be the other way around.

Keep only your special crew member as a commander and put mentor on her/him, the others will catch up fast.

Cheers

Normally people make their girly crew commanders as their skills are particularly important (sixth and recon are only available on the commander; sometimes situational awareness also). Personally I wouldn't waste a skill slot on mentor unless I was really bored or hunting around for a sixth or seventh skill (on a light or med I'd always want sixth, BIA, recon, (sit awareness if radio op on commander), camo, repairs and probably ff before mentor)

As others have said, no, non-special members of crew will never catch up. The zero-skill BIA (or sixth on some) isn't counted for ACT, so special crew will always be one skill ahead of non-special.

master4us #11 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22662 battles
  • [TA-R3] TA-R3

I wanted to make a topic on this issue when I saw this one. 

I have the same issue with only one female crew member that keeps gaining free exp although it way ahead of the others.

This is not working as intended, this is a bug or a miscalculation from the dev team on which they don't want/have time to return and fix

:sceptic:

wEight_Tanker #12 Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9114 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

View Posthall0s_Smurf, on 04 February 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

It is nice to see an answer which has pretty much nothing to do with the question asked . 

Same here. 

SABAOTH #13 Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

There is a trick for mixed crew and saving money for recruits:

• Put a guy and a girl in a tank
  • Come back in 9 patches and find new crew members for free

:hiding:

MeetriX #14 Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21428 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostSABAOTH, on 05 February 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

There is a trick for mixed crew and saving money for recruits:

• Put a guy and a girl in a tank
  • Come back in 9 patches and find new crew members for free

:hiding:

50%.:sceptic:

Cannes76 #15 Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 69689 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

View Postmaster4us, on 05 February 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

I have the same issue with only one female crew member that keeps gaining free exp although it way ahead of the others.

This is not working as intended, this is a bug or a miscalculation from the dev team on which they don't want/have time to return and fix

:facepalm:

mjs_89 #16 Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6530 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View Postmaster4us, on 05 February 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Being 1 skill ahead is THE WHOLE POINT OF FEMALE CREW.

It works the way it does because Brothers in Arms is >>>FREE<<< on girls, it costs no xp at all wich is a huge boost in the long run. How people with 20-30k battles played don't understand that is beyond me.

How much did you pay for those accounts on ebay? I hope they were not too expensive...

master4us #17 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22662 battles
  • [TA-R3] TA-R3

Dude, I understand the mechanism that you and others described here but this is not making me accept it or say it's correct and logic.

So, you give a reward for a grind in personal missions, with extra skills and so on but you don't develop it in order to be used with male crews (remember that bia was not compatible with sisterhood..). You realise the mistake made when players complained and change the mechanic => Problem solved

Well, because they've initially made with the thought in mind that they will not be used with male crews, the devs never took into consideration that they will train faster with this kind of crews because it will be really stupid not to have BiA so they left the old mechanic of training in place.

After changing the sisterhood of steel, or whateva the name is, to be compatible with BiA they've should have change this mechanic too. If you don't do that it means that you still limit the use of female crews, not by skills but by logic. 

Yes, it's a small percent of limiting but it's still there...

So, it's not a bug, it's a feature but not a good one.

In my opinion all the female crews should have the military rank according to their skills (like those trained) and to gain free exp along with the crew. 

P.S. I started this game with the British line of heavy's back in 2013 ... big mistake .. so trust me ... i didn't bought anything from anywhere  

arthurwellsley #18 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52696 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Because you look at the experience each crew member has received and not at the % of the perk.

Because the girl got the first perk "free" she takes less experience to advance, and thus has less experience and so gets the ACT bonus;

So a girl needs 420,000 experience to get to 3 perks, whereas a standard crew man will need 840,000 experence to get to 3 perks.

Thus the girl will have less accumulated experience and so will get all the ACT bonus experience each match.

No it is unlikely that a girl will not be considered "special" for these purposes because that first "free" perk is worth such a huge amount of experience, and that is why the girls are so very valuable.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 06 February 2019 - 05:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users