Charioteer = downgrade from tier 7

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Huggarn #1 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14813 battles
  • [SWEAC] SWEAC

So I'm slowly working my way up to the tier 10 heshbarn I've just gotten my tier 8 Charioteer and the stock gun is the worst Tier 8 TD gun I've ever seen.

WG seriously need to consider changing the stock gun on this tank either to same gun as top gun on Challenger or even a better one.

Charioteers stock gun only has 6mm+ penetration but is worse in every other way. The lack of accuracy and alpha damage is horrible!

Losing 50 alpha damage while going up a tier should not exist in this game, even the 280 alpha on Challenger is low but the 230 on Charioteer is pure garbage.

In my opinion you should get better guns the further you go up the tech tree.

WG most likely loves this because there is no way in hell I'm playing with this bad gun vs tier 10 so I'll gold xp my way past it.

But for those who don't wanna spend money on xp conversion this is a major problem.

tumppi776 #2 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 45456 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

free xp :coin:

Charioteer is one of the better TDs in the entire game. a keeper

Edited by tumppi776, 04 February 2019 - 03:11 PM.

Huggarn #3 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14813 battles
  • [SWEAC] SWEAC

View Posttumppi776, on 04 February 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

free xp :coin:

Charioteer is one of the better TDs in the entire game. a keeper

Yeah when it has top configuration =P
14:15 Added after 2 minutes

But even the middle gun is garbage but with that atleast it has same accuracy and a LITTLE better dpm then Challenger.

But Challenger still has -0.33 better aim time and again 50 more damage per shot

malachi6 #4 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50920 battles
XP conversion is a monetization design part of the game.  Certain tanks and modules are weak to encourage people to spend free xp and convert normal xp.  Fortunately, given the advent of free xp boosters and WG giving them away often.  It's not as big a chore as it used to be.

Edited by malachi6, 04 February 2019 - 03:15 PM.

Cobra6 #5 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16426 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The top gun is what makes this TD, it's actually a lot of fun once you get that canon.

Cobra 6

Wargene #6 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4257 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

Charioteer is an amazing tier 8 TD.

Superb DPM

268 Pen on a tier 8 is amazing

Great Accuracy 

Fast Tank

You obviously do not have the top gun. If you think that tank is stock look at the Russian returreted mediums, you get the joy of using the tier 5 gun on the stock tier 7. 115 dmg get lit.

Edited by Wargene, 04 February 2019 - 03:24 PM.

shikaka9 #7 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 64427 battles
  • [SWM] SWM

View PostHuggarn, on 04 February 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

the stock gun is the worst Tier 8 TD gun I've ever seen.

Isnt SU-101 stock gun worse ?

Huggarn #8 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14813 battles
  • [SWEAC] SWEAC

View Postmalachi6, on 04 February 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

XP conversion is a monetization design part of the game.  Certain tanks and modules are weak to encourage people to spend free xp and convert normal xp.  Fortunately, given the advent of free xp boosters and WG giving them away often.  It's not as big a chore as it used to be.

Yeah but its 100k xp (just for the guns, tracks are 14,7k aswell) before this tank goes from beeing painfully bad to good. Knowing myself I would ragequit and uninstall this game if I had to play this tank for 114k xp with THAT BAD GUN.

14:26 Added after 1 minute

View PostWargene, on 04 February 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

Charioteer is an amazing tier 8 TD.

Superb DPM

268 Pen on a tier 8 is amazing

Great Accuracy 

Fast Tank

You obviously do not have the top gun. If you think that tank is stock look at the Russian returreted mediums, you get the joy of using the tier 5 gun on the stock tier 7. 115 dmg get lit.

Read the post before replying. I am talking about the stock gun.

Wargene #9 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4257 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

View PostHuggarn, on 04 February 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

Yeah but its 100k xp (just for the guns, tracks are 14,7k aswell) before this tank goes from beeing painfully bad to good. Knowing myself I would ragequit and uninstall this game if I had to play this tank for 114k xp with THAT BAD GUN.

I think the grind sometimes makes the tank more rewarding once you do get the top gun. Look at the St Emil, horrible stock gun but once you get the 128mm oh man is it fun.

Huggarn #10 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14813 battles
  • [SWEAC] SWEAC

View Postshikaka9, on 04 February 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Isnt SU-101 stock gun worse ?

True it is, but its also only 19,4k xp untill you get a fun gun. you need 114k xp on charioteer before it go from painfully bad to good.

TheDrownedApe #11 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 46209 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
yes, get through the T8 and 9 as soon as possible

Huggarn #12 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14813 battles
  • [SWEAC] SWEAC

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 04 February 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

yes, get through the T8 and 9 as soon as possible

I wanna get top configuration on Charioteer for Frontline mode =P

baribal_80 #13 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22990 battles

View PostHuggarn, on 04 February 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Yeah when it has top configuration =P
14:15 Added after 2 minutes

But even the middle gun is garbage but with that atleast it has same accuracy and a LITTLE better dpm then Challenger.

But Challenger still has -0.33 better aim time and again 50 more damage per shot

So you found out stock tanks are bad? Wow

XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostHuggarn, on 04 February 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

I wanna get top configuration on Charioteer for Frontline mode =P

But why not do that in FL??? Wait for FL to begin, use XP reserves and you've a fully upgraded Charioteer in 2-3 hours!

A few moments later: Shocking, right? :)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 04 February 2019 - 04:05 PM.

Huggarn #15 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14813 battles
  • [SWEAC] SWEAC

View Postbaribal_80, on 04 February 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

So you found out stock tanks are bad? Wow

READ BEFORE YOU REPLY OR DON'T REPLY AT ALL!

Edited by Huggarn, 04 February 2019 - 06:16 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

Huggarn #16 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14813 battles
  • [SWEAC] SWEAC

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 04 February 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

But why not do that in FL??? Wait for FL to begin, use XP reserves and you've a fully upgraded Charioteer in 2-3 hours!

Not a bad idea but FL would only be on for a week or so, I need both xp to research Conway aswell as the credits to buy it.

If my Charioteer was fully upgraded when it starts I would get alot more xp and I'd also have time to get the credits for it.

And as you can see I've only 14,7k battles and I've played since 2011. I've more things to do then play wot all day.

15:09 Added after 1 minute
OTHERWISE ill just sell it and wait for FV215b 183 to become available for bonds xD

XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostHuggarn, on 04 February 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

Not a bad idea but FL would only be on for a week or so, I need both xp to research Conway aswell as the credits to buy it.

If my Charioteer was fully upgraded when it starts I would get alot more xp and I'd also have time to get the credits for it.

And as you can see I've only 14,7k battles and I've played since 2011. I've more things to do then play wot all day.

15:09 Added after 1 minute
OTHERWISE ill just sell it and wait for FV215b 183 to become available for bonds xD

FL will be available for a week every month for 10 months so you got a lot of time to grind XP and credits for whatever lines you want. :)

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25612 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

Not sure how I did it but I managed to grind that top gun out without much moaning. Ya I agree and made the same point before. The stock gun is inferior to the top gun of it's lower tier predecessor but apparently this is the case because the Challenger(which is currently a great T7 medium/TD) only got that top gun recently and before then had the crappy lower alpha pew pew gun at best... so I guess WG just forgot to buff the Charioteers stock gun to the same stats at least. The guns are actually different but logically, in the interests of natural progression and +1 tier, the Charioteers stock gun should read about the same as the Challengers similar caliber top gun. 

I could nearly forgive it the stock gun but what was particularly unforgivable is the fact that there's a middle gun to unlock first which is STILL worse than the Challengers top gun which is just taking the pi*s altogether. Is it worth the grind? Yes, I think it's a decent TD and it was the TD in the line I was after most, followed by the S-Barn. That said, regardless of what the guys said above, the Charioteers top gun handles like trash, horrible aim time for a TD of that caliber and tier compared to the likes of harder hitting TD's with turrets/semi-turrets like the SkorpG and SU PM(because money talks a better sort of stats) and since it's not actually a medium tank anymore(based on a Comet or something) it get's terrible soft stats like a Hellcat... which is fine for a Hellcat since it has a 1.6  aim time and not 2.2 or whatever it is.

The Conway is worse to grind so far imo. What you have is a big zero camo box you just can't miss on tracks with a decent 400 alpha gun(I have not yet unlocked the crappy handling looking 600 alpha) so for a tier9, well.... let's just say being a giant box with zero camo, no real armor vs same tier and much less hp than a T9 med makes it not much fun to play unsurprisingly. I've actually gone well with it so far but ya... you obviously can't trade with a T9 med because it has more hp and better handling everything along with the fact the like an obj 430 has almost the same alpha and dpm and more than enough pen lol it just isn't a fun TD to play... so much so that I've actually moved the crew back to the Charioteer again and I'll just wait for some rare extra hp event and fail grind my way to the tier10 or even just bail on the grind. Don't even really care for the FV if I was to think about it. Big boom stick lols? I can play a Hetzer at tier4 if I want that or something. 

tajj7 #19 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26487 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The 20lber is not a terrible stock gun to be fair. At least it can pen stuff. 

It's also the historical gun on the Charioteer which is why its the stock gun I reckon, plus when the line came into the game, the Challenger never had the 32lber, it was added later, so presumably WG forgot or couldn't be bothered to put it on the Charioteer. 

FataL_ShadowZ #20 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7105 battles

View PostWargene, on 04 February 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

I think the grind sometimes makes the tank more rewarding once you do get the top gun. Look at the St Emil, horrible stock gun but once you get the 128mm oh man is it fun.

St. Emil fun? I've heard it all now :trollface:

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 February 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

Not sure how I did it but I managed to grind that top gun out without much moaning. Ya I agree and made the same point before. The stock gun is inferior to the top gun of it's lower tier predecessor but apparently this is the case because the Challenger(which is currently a great T7 medium/TD) only got that top gun recently and before then had the crappy lower alpha pew pew gun at best... so I guess WG just forgot to buff the Charioteers stock gun to the same stats at least. The guns are actually different but logically, in the interests of natural progression and +1 tier, the Charioteers stock gun should read about the same as the Challengers similar caliber top gun. 

I could nearly forgive it the stock gun but what was particularly unforgivable is the fact that there's a middle gun to unlock first which is STILL worse than the Challengers top gun which is just taking the pi*s altogether. Is it worth the grind? Yes, I think it's a decent TD and it was the TD in the line I was after most, followed by the S-Barn. That said, regardless of what the guys said above, the Charioteers top gun handles like trash, horrible aim time for a TD of that caliber and tier compared to the likes of harder hitting TD's with turrets/semi-turrets like the SkorpG and SU PM(because money talks a better sort of stats) and since it's not actually a medium tank anymore(based on a Comet or something) it get's terrible soft stats like a Hellcat... which is fine for a Hellcat since it has a 1.6  aim time and not 2.2 or whatever it is.

The Conway is worse to grind so far imo. What you have is a big zero camo box you just can't miss on tracks with a decent 400 alpha gun(I have not yet unlocked the crappy handling looking 600 alpha) so for a tier9, well.... let's just say being a giant box with zero camo, no real armor vs same tier and much less hp than a T9 med makes it not much fun to play unsurprisingly. I've actually gone well with it so far but ya... you obviously can't trade with a T9 med because it has more hp and better handling everything along with the fact the like an obj 430 has almost the same alpha and dpm and more than enough pen lol it just isn't a fun TD to play... so much so that I've actually moved the crew back to the Charioteer again and I'll just wait for some rare extra hp event and fail grind my way to the tier10 or even just bail on the grind. Don't even really care for the FV if I was to think about it. Big boom stick lols? I can play a Hetzer at tier4 if I want that or something. 

That's a little concerning to hear your thoughts on the Conway, from the little I've seen of it in action (typically in game when dead...) I thought it looked pretty nice and supposedly the stock gun is superior to the upgrade option.

I completed my grind to the Conway just the other day but don't have the credits to purchase it just yet (I need to pick up a Premium tank ASAP). I never enjoyed the charioteer at all even though I had some decent games in it; too much like a med for my taste and fully agree about the troll top gun. Lost count of the number of fully aimed shots that drop short. I was ready to sell it however I have a lack of tier 8 tanks so I will keep it for FL (which I never played last time round so I've no idea how it works or what to expect).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users