Jump to content


5 seconds "delay rule"

capping

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

EMILY__BLUNT #1 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 17063 battles
  • 50
  • [JERLA] JERLA
  • Member since:
    01-29-2014

quote from wiki wargaming:

Dear OP,

Once capture is complete, the round does not end immediately. There is a delay of at least 5 seconds before victory is yours (unless the battle timer runs out earlier). According to Overlord this delay gets extended each time a vehicle is destroyed. The following outcomes are possible:

  • If all Friendly tanks are destroyed within that 5sec delay, the enemy wins.
  • If all tanks from both teams are destroyed within that 5 second delay, its a draw.
  • If the enemy complete the capture of your base within the 5 second delay, its a draw.
  • In all other case, your team wins.
  • ------------------------------------------------------------------

now look at my replay....

 

http://wotreplays.eu...mily__blunt-o-i



MeetriX #2 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:34 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 21428 battles
  • 3,080
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostEMILY__BLUNT, on 04 February 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

quote from wiki wargaming:

Dear OP,

Once capture is complete, the round does not end immediately. There is a delay of at least 5 seconds before victory is yours (unless the battle timer runs out earlier). According to Overlord this delay gets extended each time a vehicle is destroyed. The following outcomes are possible:

  • If all Friendly tanks are destroyed within that 5sec delay, the enemy wins.
  • If all tanks from both teams are destroyed within that 5 second delay, its a draw.
  • If the enemy complete the capture of your base within the 5 second delay, its a draw.
  • In all other case, your team wins.
  • ------------------------------------------------------------------

now look at my replay....

 

http://wotreplays.eu...mily__blunt-o-i

Bit outdated but IFFY.



TungstenHitman #3 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25612 battles
  • 4,669
  • [POOLS] POOLS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016
Just enough time to kill the cappers and pinch a high caliber, top gun or confederate for full xp bonus in defeat :trollface:

FataL_ShadowZ #4 Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7070 battles
  • 137
  • Member since:
    01-19-2018

I always wondered, what is the point of this 5 second delay? It just doesn't seem logical and recall a few strange draws because of it.



Dava_117 #5 Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20900 battles
  • 4,049
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostFataL_ShadowZ, on 04 February 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

I always wondered, what is the point of this 5 second delay? It just doesn't seem logical and recall a few strange draws because of it.

 

Well, it prevents people to get a win by sacrificing their own base. I like that rule.

nickdragon13 #6 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:51 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28334 battles
  • 160
  • Member since:
    04-24-2013

This rule said no to my kolobanovs

https://dezgamez.wot...ntense_gameplay



Steffin #7 Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:44 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25698 battles
  • 405
  • [WOOF] WOOF
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011

View PostFataL_ShadowZ, on 04 February 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

I always wondered, what is the point of this 5 second delay? It just doesn't seem logical and recall a few strange draws because of it.

 

I think the rules is mostly there to allow for draws when both teams are capping.  In all the games i have played I have only seen about 2 games lost after a complete cap and about 2 games where a cap win became a cap draw because of the extra time after a kill.  So yes this rule does influence the outcome, but not that often.  On the funny side, I once got the invader medal while my ally got a medal for winning 1 against 5.

eldrak #8 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:02 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49391 battles
  • 1,158
  • [GR-W] GR-W
  • Member since:
    01-27-2011
The rule was slightly changed in one of the more recent patches (1.0 or more recent)

PowJay #9 Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:04 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37102 battles
  • 4,478
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012
You have up to 15 minutes to win the battle. If you lose it, or draw, then this happened because of something that went wrong in the previous minutes of the battle, not because of what happened in the last few seconds!

Steffin #10 Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:18 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25698 battles
  • 405
  • [WOOF] WOOF
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011

View PostPowJay, on 05 February 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

You have up to 15 minutes to win the battle. If you lose it, or draw, then this happened because of something that went wrong in the previous minutes of the battle, not because of what happened in the last few seconds!

 

If this is true, then why do we have to play the last minute of battle?

PowJay #11 Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:36 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37102 battles
  • 4,478
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View PostSteffin, on 06 February 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

 

If this is true, then why do we have to play the last minute of battle?

 

The rule is the same for both sides. Sometimes it may have won you a battle, sometimes it may have lost you a battle. My argument is that you had ample time to destroy all of the enemies, begin adequate capping with time/numbers, or defend the base to prevent capture. You do not win or lose a battle in the last five seconds alone.

 

Take a soccer match. You get 10 shots at goal and miss 9. The opposition get 1 shot at goal and get the ball in the net. When they score a second goal in the last five seconds of extra time, you did not lose in that five seconds, you lost because only 10% of you goal shots made their mark. One day your team might win a match for exactly the same reason.



Balc0ra #12 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68661 battles
  • 18,100
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

It's outdated, as much of WOT wiki is.

 

The 5 second rule is still in effect. And it gets reset after each kill. But... elimination don't win over cap anymore. As before you could cap to 100%, lose all your tanks and still lose.

But people started complaining about the capping missions. And instead of changing said mission, they changed the capping rules. Because so many did not get it done if they killed the last enemy after they got the cap to 100%. And thus failed the mission.

 

So now you lose regardless if you destroy them all before the 5 second timer runs out after they cap to 100%.

 

View Posteldrak, on 05 February 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

The rule was slightly changed in one of the more recent patches (1.0 or more recent)

 

Oh it was changed almost 2 years ago. But people don't get a late cap with elimination that often to notice it. As we see topics about it now and then still.

 

 



m1x_angelico #13 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23710 battles
  • 1,098
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015
I kinda like that rule. I think it extends a bit more if there' some killing during this period. It was responsible for some really exciting finishes.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68661 battles
  • 18,100
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postm1x_angelico, on 06 February 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

I kinda like that rule. I think it extends a bit more if there' some killing during this period. It was responsible for some really exciting finishes.

 

It's nice for the "don't cap kill all" people. As it gives then time to kill all, even on a cap. So that way it still works.

spamhamstar #15 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:52 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64313 battles
  • 1,797
  • [LLAY] LLAY
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

View PostPowJay, on 05 February 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

You have up to 15 minutes to win the battle. If you lose it, or draw, then this happened because of something that went wrong in the previous minutes of the battle, not because of what happened in the last few seconds!

 

Indeed, a lot of matches seem to be decided before the 1st minute as well ;)

 

It was always more of an issue in lower tier CW's when I played, where you often had both teams capping & resetting at the same time if you both pushed different flanks.







Also tagged with capping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users