Referral Program 2.0: The Finishing Touches

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Taudlitz #141 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22065 battles
any chance we get to see the reward camo on actual tanks?

vixu #142 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 43733 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 February 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

​you could technically be a recruit after a prolonged absence. 

Oh... I got it.... I have to ask one of my friends to stop playing for 60 days. Then I could recruit him/her again. And have to do the same thing for him/her.... that will work as intended :D

Avallarion #143 Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11490 battles
  • [MIAU] MIAU

Can a recruit immediately become a commander if he has played more than 1k games as that seems to be the only stated requirement?

How long will a "season" be? Does this mean you have to complete the 3 stages in a single season and will only get recruitee bonuses for a single season?

eekeeboo #144 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45924 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View PostAvallarion, on 08 February 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

Can a recruit immediately become a commander if he has played more than 1k games as that seems to be the only stated requirement?

How long will a "season" be? Does this mean you have to complete the 3 stages in a single season and will only get recruitee bonuses for a single season?

The season has not been announced yet but I'm waiting for an answer on how long a season lasts. 

A recruit can become a commander when they finish their personal campaign and have more than 1000 battles. 

11:58 Added after 3 minutes

View Postbim_bam_bo0m, on 07 February 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

When i press copy link button noting hapen.Where the link go how can i copy paste to someone. 

When you click copy link the link should already be in your clipboard to be pasted. 

View PostCrystyB, on 07 February 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

Okay, that "no longer fit for [its] purpose" is understandable. But you can't seriously say "if everyone has the T95E2"... how many people do have it, again?! -.-

They totally can coexist, but it's just that the effort to make that happen might not be worth the benefits. Again, probably understandable. Except by people that feel cheated by the ending of the old program.

What exactly do you mean by "the status will reset"?! If i enter into a recruitment contract and not fulfill it by the season's end, does it just go poof?! Because i thought the 2 new recruits in the next season were to be added to the ones i already have...

And maybe you should try "reading the complete documentation and text in the game" yourself. That's WG's own expression, "0:48 The recruit needs to follow your link and join the Referral Program. [...] 0:55 This makes a contract." ( and also in the text below this video: "Ending a Referral Contract : They say breaking up is hard to do, but it might be necessary. A referral contract can be ended at any time by any of its participants." )... I don't think any player would have suggested such a term for the relationship between recruiter (commander) and recruit... ;)

The programs cannot co-exist in any way because of the way they are tracked and progressed through the accounting system. The way the previous was through account management and the new through client should highlight the disparity between the two but you still have some of the same account linking processes with different recruit values available. 

At the end of the season, a person progress will (thus far informed) reset and you will then open up to recruit 2 new players again. 

I have read the documentation, that's why I wrote the FAQ section on the referral program and created the forum section ;) 

86C415 #145 Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4716 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 February 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

At the end of the season, a person progress will (thus far informed) reset and you will then open up to recruit 2 new players again. 

Do Commanders get all the rewards (camo/badges/bonds/tank) once, or can they get them once per season? Or even juicier, do they get it for every Recruit that completes the grind, aka more than once per season?

Might be a silly question with an obvious answer but no harm in making sure.

Avallarion #146 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11490 battles
  • [MIAU] MIAU

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 February 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

The season has not been announced yet but I'm waiting for an answer on how long a season lasts. 

A recruit can become a commander when they finish their personal campaign and have more than 1000 battles. 

11:58 Added after 3 minutes

Thank you that clears it up a bit. Would have like to be both at the same time but I had a feeling that this was not intended.

The announcement really misses quite a bit of information but maybe I'm just too much of a rules-lawyer.;)

Jumping_Turtle #147 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 64594 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 February 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

So if you dont make the requirements all progress is lost but you can not recruit the same player again ? Is that correct ?

CrystyB #148 Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13669 battles
  • [RS232] RS232

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 February 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

I have read the documentation, that's why I wrote the FAQ section on the referral program and created the forum section ;)

Well, reading the former makes me kind-of distrust that you've fully reviewed all the currently published documentation. :sceptic: ... From the "Invite Your Friends: Referral Program" video in the "Full Regulations" post: (at 3m00s) "A new period in the Referral Program starts every four months"; also that later says "The current contracts remain", so your "reset" info is either inaccurate, out-of-date, or not-yet-announced. :(

Edited by CrystyB, 09 February 2019 - 03:01 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #149 Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 64594 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

I see this ingame:

referral contracts

Period 1 | 116 days until the period ends

15:58 Added after 2 minutes

That is not what it says ingame :

TardWurst #150 Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41768 battles
  • [HSOP] HSOP
There seems to be a lot of conflicting information everywhere, but then again what can be expected from WG. I don't understand why they had to make this thing so complicated.

JaffaStar #151 Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50700 battles

For some reason i can not see the second recruit ... it is a bug or what ???

i recruited a second player .. one who has not played for a year or so .. but can not find it anywhere ... i told him not to play any game yet ... he has logged in but is not a recruit as well ... is a bug or we did something wrong ??

Edited by JaffaStar, 10 February 2019 - 03:44 AM.

Innocent_civilian_ #152 Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39591 battles
  • [VIIWO] VIIWO

View PostCommunity, on 04 February 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

Get ready to recruit some friends as version 2.0 is right around the corner!
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/referral-program-2-0-teaser/">The full text of the news item</a>

... finished - but i did not get second camo or 2D style (in video they call it unique style) - any reason why???? p.s. all i found out - that RU server have the same problems, even more - some of them did not get even prem tanks at the end, but same cant even finish the program - cause its stocking at the end points - like 496 etc....

Edited by Innocent_civilian_, 10 February 2019 - 03:12 PM.

piromanac #153 Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41126 battles
  • [TULJA] TULJA
test

MeNoobTank #154 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13634 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 09 February 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

I see this ingame:

referral contracts

Period 1 | 116 days until the period ends

15:58 Added after 2 minutes

That is not what it says ingame :

@eekeeboo please answer on this because I also want to know !

Woestijnvos1 #155 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27494 battles
  • [NED-1] NED-1
I send a invite to a friend and he excepted but then there happens nothing. Rotterdam1998 -> TuurZilver

eekeeboo #156 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:52 PM

• WG Staff
  • 45924 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View Post86C415, on 08 February 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

Do Commanders get all the rewards (camo/badges/bonds/tank) once, or can they get them once per season? Or even juicier, do they get it for every Recruit that completes the grind, aka more than once per season?

Might be a silly question with an obvious answer but no harm in making sure.

You have a maximum of 2 recruits per person. You receive the reward for each campaign completed by a recruit. 

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 09 February 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

So if you dont make the requirements all progress is lost but you can not recruit the same player again ? Is that correct ?

Yes, so far. 

View PostCrystyB, on 09 February 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

Well, reading the former makes me kind-of distrust that you've fully reviewed all the currently published documentation. :sceptic: ... From the "Invite Your Friends: Referral Program" video in the "Full Regulations" post: (at 3m00s) "A new period in the Referral Program starts every four months"; also that later says "The current contracts remain", so your "reset" info is either inaccurate, out-of-date, or not-yet-announced. :(

That's so far, things can and do change. Like the cancellation of the last program was originally scheduled for January but ran until February the 5th. You don't announce things so far in advance when they can change so quickly without a very definite and concrete plan in place. I also have access to documentation that is significantly more extensive and detailed than what you currently see. 

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 09 February 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Spoiler

As above, these things can change and I don't want to say this will be for definite if they do change, with more clarification being put in place as more people ask these questions. So you will see there your previous 2 invitations are revoked. If the player you invited then goes over the minimum battles or has played more recently than the last 60 days, you will not be able to recruit again. You will also notice the (thus far informed) it's a very important part of the sentence. 

Jumping_Turtle #157 Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 64594 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Posteekeeboo, on 11 February 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

You have a maximum of 2 recruits per person. You receive the reward for each campaign completed by a recruit. 

Yes, so far. 

That's so far, things can and do change. Like the cancellation of the last program was originally scheduled for January but ran until February the 5th. You don't announce things so far in advance when they can change so quickly without a very definite and concrete plan in place. I also have access to documentation that is significantly more extensive and detailed than what you currently see. 

As above, these things can change and I don't want to say this will be for definite if they do change, with more clarification being put in place as more people ask these questions. So you will see there your previous 2 invitations are revoked. If the player you invited then goes over the minimum battles or has played more recently than the last 60 days, you will not be able to recruit again. You will also notice the (thus far informed) it's a very important part of the sentence. 

But that isnt very motivating for the new players we recruit. And getting 1500 points for the tank isnt that easy for the more casual newer player.

So it is gonna be 'well sorry but you didnt make the 1500 points so all progress is lost and you can kiss you free tank goodbye' but we have good news, starting tomorrow you can just make a new acount and try again ...

How many players do you think will stay when they get that message ?

eekeeboo #158 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

• WG Staff
  • 45924 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 11 February 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

But that isnt very motivating for the new players we recruit. And getting 1500 points for the tank isnt that easy for the more casual newer player.

So it is gonna be 'well sorry but you didnt make the 1500 points so all progress is lost and you can kiss you free tank goodbye' but we have good news, starting tomorrow you can just make a new acount and try again ...

How many players do you think will stay when they get that message ?

The points are earned faster than the requirements for the last referral program with a lot more rewards. Without a goal and deadline, people can happily just leave progression forever and recruit alts. That's not the intention of this program, to instead help people recruit friends who can be active and reward them. 

KinkyTail #159 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1397 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View Posteekeeboo, on 11 February 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

The points are earned faster than the requirements for the last referral program with a lot more rewards. Without a goal and deadline, people can happily just leave progression forever and recruit alts. That's not the intention of this program, to instead help people recruit friends who can be active and reward them. 

Isnt not giving them a new spot for recruits as long as the older one hasnt finished it much fairer ? And it gives the new player at least a goal. And when the new player stop playing the commander can always break the contract to get a new one. With all progress reset you will disappoint a lot of new players and those are just the ones we need to keep.

Jumping_Turtle #160 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 64594 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Posteekeeboo, on 11 February 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

people can happily recruit alts.

And you really think that isnt happening ? Seen a few already on the forum who are already done with the 3 stages. This resetting the progress is just good for the alt acount people since they will have no problem getting there in time, but in the meantime it is punishing those who are new and can not play every day.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users