• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #1 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45938 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

Greetings Tankers, 

Please leave your feedback on the latest campaign "Soldiers of Fortune" here, for guidance please consider the following: 

1. What was the motivation to take part in the event? 
  2. How much did you like/dislike the changes to the mechanics like the clan and personal boosters? 
  3. What were your perceptions of the Fame points shop? 

These are by no means the only things you should consider, but it would be most helpful if these were at least included in your feedback. 

Thank you for your time! 

Good Luck and Good Hunting, 

eek. 

Less_Than_Three #2 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:22 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 42126 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

1. Get the tank

2. no idea about clan stuff, but the personal boosters added unneeded complexity.

3. WG is way too generous. giving out camo's and styles that had to be earned in the past... now given away if you spammed a few battles.

Edited by Less_Than_Three, 04 February 2019 - 08:22 PM.

mango91 #3 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:24 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 43269 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

my 2 cents

letting clan members admin their fame points could have caused a lot of issues. In my clan those issues didn't happen due to some experience in the officer team, but for newer/smaller/less experienced clans, maybe this mechanic screwed someone

the chance to choose the reward between all the former reward tanks + the new one is great and I'm sure several old players came back fighting due to this solution

maps and timezones were ok

I personally had 2 weeks of no-life commitment because of leading position (and the stronk will to reach tank+camo), but I think that 3 weeks are slightly better. This way most of the people can breathe more and have maybe a couple days off

all considered I'd say 7/10

xtrem3x #4 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33863 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

Hello,

I thought overall the campaign was well thought out and from a reward perspective took into consideration the entire campaign player base instead of just the top clans. I was pleasantly surprised that the reward was increased by 800 tanks, it was a good that WG did that after the issues on the 1st day.

1) There was more motivation thanks to the introduction of a new reward tank

2) I don't feel the personal boosters should have been added. This means players were forced to gamble their personal points, but then in some cases the clan may have lost more battles or the player may not get picked as much as they first thought. This could lead to players not receiving the reward down to a bad/mis-guided decision to purchase a booster

3) The fame point shop is very nice, it means even if players didn't get the tank they can still purchase 'premium' items. Adding bonds was a nice touch to help people afford the tank or help towards the bond auction if they didn't quite get the fame points required

I feel in future campaigns the tank reward should be to a percentage (top 15% or top 20%), instead of a fixed number. Other than that just remove the boosters and maybe adding some premium tanks to the fame points shop would be nice. There just needs to be something more for players who didn't manage the top prize. After all, it is a lot of time spent each evening. Maybe for example the 2000 players who didn't quite get the tier 10 get given a tier 8 like the IS-5 etc? I don't know. Maybe allow suggestions before the next event and see what the player base would like..?

Obviously this is all just my opinion and others will probably disagree :popcorn:

Morgan_the_Reaper #5 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75739 battles
  • [GR_GR] GR_GR
*edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82, 05 February 2019 - 01:39 PM.
edited due to off topic/not constructive

barison1 #6 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39517 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

1. to get the new reward tank as its atleast half british, and as campaigns can be pretty entertaining and fun to play (if for 2 weeks at most, longer than that starts getting repeative)
2. personal fame boosters added unneeded complexity and estimating how many fame points needed for top 10.8k was pretty tricky as it was jumping around like crazy

3. fame points shop is a nice add on as you are are to choose rewards yourself more freely now, although some items are horribly high priced(this mostly being prem days as you barely get any while needing to spend alot of FP). would love to see more variety in the future with other camos/emblems/skins. or perhaps a female crew member

Corrupted_Pling #7 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47453 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 February 2019 - 07:11 PM, said

I have a CGC

uglycousin #8 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46864 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

1. The tank. :child:

2. Dunno about clan stuff, but personal boosters felt like forcing me to gamble my points. I saw a few players who did not think it through and were still investing points around a week in the campaign. They have only themselves to blame, but you offered them the tools to mess themselves up. 

3. Fame point shop seems nice. Feels surprisingly generous coming from WG ( no offence ).

PinkyDK #9 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43429 battles
  • [KISS-] KISS-

1: My main motivation came from missing Clan Wars, Living up to clan expectations and potentially winning a tank with Chieftain turret - which MIGHT actually be balanced for using in randoms and potentially cw.

2: Multipliers is nice on a clan scale, but for players totally complicating things in a bad way... It's more a risc of making stupid choices than having a fun choice...

3: I really like the fame point shop - it feels like a good way to "graduate rewards" and motivate smaller inexperienced clans to participate even if they realistically won't get many reward tanks

Also: Good job keeping campaign in less than 2 weeks.

RedlineSnieperTom #10 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22376 battles
  • [WIFI] WIFI
1. Fun, tank.
2. That personal fame points multiplier thing, was useless and stupid.
3. Is okay I guess.

Ma7rix #11 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 60270 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP
What was the motivation to take part in the event?

tank prize (Chieftain)

How much did you like/dislike the changes to the mechanics like the clan and personal boosters?

kinda ok, clan success should have some more part in fame amounts

overall, this campaing was much harder to achieve tank prize than all others I have played before, needed full time playing, despite clan was on map all the time.

In_Flames90 #12 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9896 battles
  • [STRV1] STRV1
1. See if it was possible to earn a tank.

2. First time in campaign, didn't really know how it all worked so spent points on totally unecessary boosters.

3. Think it's really nice that even myself and the other clanmembers get something out of the 2 weeks, even when we didn't have a chance for a tank.

ralesm1989 #13 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31157 battles
  • [GX] GX

1. Tank, tank, and again tank. Number of award tanks is good imo. 

2. Personal boosters i dont like because it is sending you in two possible problems... If you dont invest you are in disadvantage to others, but if you invest you need to play in later stages of campaign, so that puts pressure on you and doesnt allow you much space, and you are in problem if you invested and obligations doesnt allow you to play... Campaigns without this were just fine. 

3. Fame shop was just fine, maybe i would put some tier 6-7 tank to partialy satisfy guys that didnt get tier X vehicle. 

Beside that, 

You need to make only combat officers can put players in and out of battle team. I wrote in other topic what happened to one clan yesteday - one guy kicked 6 players out of battle team 10 secs before battle start so they got technical defeat, having 3-4 players inches close to tank. Since that was literaly last battle of campaign, they didnt get position. This is really important thing to fix, because this wasnt isolated problem, and it had many forms.

This one is minor, but reformulate conditions for getting global map legend medal, because many guys, including me thought we need to fight at least 50 percent of ALL battles our clan plays as secondary condition, beside being top 1 percent of players. Since i thought that will not be possible, i didnt play for whole 3 days, finishing in 630+ position. Maybe it is clear to others, but it was very confusing to me. If it was properly reformulated i would have no dilemma. However, if others were clear with this, and its only up to me, nvm, forget i wrote this... 

I like duration, two weeks are more than enough, i really cant imagine myself playing those 30 days campaing from the past, that would be horror.

Thats it for now from me, if i remember something i will add it... 

Edited by ralesm1989, 04 February 2019 - 11:06 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #14 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51135 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

1) Earn another reward tank.

2) I like the concept of personal boosters since it creates a bit more dynamics, instead of just grinding points. It was nice to find out until which level you had to go.

3) Really like it. The camouflage, styles and emblems are just 'pixels', but imo nice to have on my tanks. Even if you don't get in the top x, you could still have some nice stuff from the campaign.

Also I'm really glad that the campaign was 2 weeks instead of 3 or 4 weeks. That would be considerably less fun and even unhealthy I think. Besides that I think that the amount of obtainable tanks is good, there shouldn't be more reward tanks in a single campaign. A reward tank should be a nice reward for playing well, not just for participating or spamming the 'battle' button.

Kolmiopaavo #15 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43780 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Postralesm1989, on 04 February 2019 - 11:19 PM, said:

You need to make only combat officers can put players in and out of battle team. I wrote in other topic what happened to one clan yesteday - one guy kicked 6 players out of battle team 10 secs before battle start so they got technical defeat, having 3-4 players inches close to tank. Since that was literaly last battle of campaign, they didnt get position. This is really important thing to fix, because this wasnt isolated problem, and it had many forms.

Unfortunate that such occasion happened to that clan, but creating such a system that only officers can move players would just create a host of other problems and unnecessary bureaucracy.

Edited by Kolmiopaavo, 04 February 2019 - 10:49 PM.

O4KEDIN #16 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31215 battles
  • [MUNJE] MUNJE

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 February 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

Greetings Tankers, 

Please leave your feedback on the latest campaign "Soldiers of Fortune" here, for guidance please consider the following: 

2. How much did you like/dislike the changes to the mechanics like the clan and personal boosters? 

These are by no means the only things you should consider, but it would be most helpful if these were at least included in your feedback. 

Thank you for your time! 

eek. 

zlaja031 #17 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8876 battles
  • [HR-VA] HR-VA
Was ok besides that cancer global map. On my octa i7 it locks CPU ~80% in any browser. optimize that crap. 

Limun_ #18 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29631 battles
  • [MUNJE] MUNJE

1. motivation: took an obj. 907. 

2. the only problem in mechanics is that you let top clans to boost other accounts, players or their seccond accounts.. the players join and leave clans in the middle of campaign.. in past campaigns, rule was "need to be in clan for a 15 days to take reward".. in this  SoF campaign that rule is removed, and the cutoff for price was too high.. 22.900 is a little bit too much. and need to play 19-01 h.. every single battle.. 

3. Fame point shop seems nice.

Joka_xD #19 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22992 battles
  • [MUNJE] MUNJE

22:38 Added after 7 minutes

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 February 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

Greetings Tankers, 

Thank you for your time! 

eek. 

1. To get OBJ 907 last time

In this campaign we have a lot more players response and a small number of awards(12 000 or more )

3.Fame point shop seems nice

Edited by Joka_xD, 04 February 2019 - 11:52 PM.

StonedCowFlyHigh #20 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 66649 battles
  • [MUNJE] MUNJE

1. reward tank

2. personal booster is to complex and risk. Reward tank boundary need to be higher (in percentage of players in campaign). Find mechanism to stop abuse rules and boosting players joining almost at the end of campaign (player who participate in campaign must be in clan min 15 days before campaign) because many of top clans boost players and on that mechanism all others have less chance for reward tank.

3. Fame point shop its ok.

Rules of campaign and all content in game about campaign translate in selected language in game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users