What to do when you get pushed ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

CTRpunisher #1 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11670 battles
Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:45 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming and Shaming

wsatnutter #2 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:41 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26466 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Reported 

MeetriX #3 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24173 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
This kind of posts ruin the forum

_6i6_ #4 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19588 battles
  • [A__K] A__K
?

gpalsson #5 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
What replay?

SABAOTH #6 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostCTRpunisher, on 04 February 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

Edited 

Edited 

View Postwsatnutter, on 04 February 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

Reported 

Same :coin:

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:46 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks

CTRpunisher #7 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11670 battles
well i attached a replay and... it's not here :/ 
21:08 Added after 1 minute

Block Quote

Edited 

What kind of cool guy you are ;) 

PS: I edited the main post

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:47 AM.

Dorander #8 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

There's a site called wotreplays where you can upload legitimate replays for people to see. Any link to an unknown file and/or unknown host is by definition suspicious.

That said, this entire post is naming and shaming and doesn't belong on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter. If you see a rule infraction, report them to Wargaming.Edited 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:47 AM.

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 39029 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostCTRpunisher, on 04 February 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

well i attached a replay and... it's not here :/ 
21:08 Added after 1 minute

What kind of cool guy you are ;) 

PS: I edited the main post

Reported, get banned please.

CTRpunisher #10 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11670 battles

View PostDorander, on 04 February 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

That said, this entire post is naming and shaming and doesn't belong on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter. If you see a rule infraction, report them to Wargaming. Edited 

I didn't mention his name. 
Seeing all the "nice" replies to the topic I understand better what the game has become :) 

View PostDorander, on 04 February 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

There's a site called wotreplays

thx I didn't know this site

21:20 Added after 0 minutes

View PostAliceUnchained, on 04 February 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

Reported, get banned please.

get banned ! ok ! 
It seemsEdited  of everyone here !

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:48 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

AliceUnchained #11 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 39029 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostCTRpunisher, on 04 February 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

get banned ! ok ! 

It seems Edited everyone here !

Edited

CTRpunisher #12 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11670 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 04 February 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Edited

Yeah so agressivity is better ? :)

Dorander #13 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostCTRpunisher, on 04 February 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

I didn't mention his name. 
Seeing all the "nice" replies to the topic I understand better what the game has become :) 

It's little to do with the game, it's simply the forum. I realize you have only the posts in this thread to your name but fact is, calling players "Edited" is already against the forum rules, uploading replays for players to be shamed even if you don't actually point out which one(s) it should be is against the rules, and there's absolutely nothing constructive or useful about this thread. There's nothing to discuss. All you did was present a replay so people here should react negatively to something.

Add to this, that you are far from the first and won't be the last to do this. It's none of our business, most of us won't likely ever meet this player in battle, there's nothing we can do about it even if there is actually an infraction in there, and even if there's not something culpable you are inciting verbal abuse as some form of mob justice. You simply shouldn't do it, there's no good reason to do it and a very good reason not to: don't motivate people to harass others.

The fact that you think the unkind replies are the real problem means you did not really think this through. You don't deserve harassment either but perhaps there's something to consider BEFORE you open threads like this. If you want some honest and well-meaning advice, edit your original post to clear it of all content, request that a moderator close this thread, and it'll soon be forgotten. There's nothing to gain here.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:49 AM.

AliceUnchained #14 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 39029 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostCTRpunisher, on 04 February 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

Yeah so agressivity is better ? :)

What aggressivity? You create a non-constructive name & shame thread with a shady link using an offensive title and I merely expressed my wishes as to how it should be processed. That's all.

CTRpunisher #15 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11670 battles

View PostDorander, on 04 February 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

It's little to do with the game, it's simply the forum. I realize you have only the posts in this thread to your name but fact is, calling players "Edited" is already against the forum rules, uploading replays for players to be shamed even if you don't actually point out which one(s) it should be is against the rules, and there's absolutely nothing constructive or useful about this thread. There's nothing to discuss. All you did was present a replay so people here should react negatively to something.

Add to this, that you are far from the first and won't be the last to do this. It's none of our business, most of us won't likely ever meet this player in battle, there's nothing we can do about it even if there is actually an infraction in there, and even if there's not something culpable you are inciting verbal abuse as some form of mob justice. You simply shouldn't do it, there's no good reason to do it and a very good reason not to: don't motivate people to harass others.

The fact that you think the unkind replies are the real problem means you did not really think this through. You don't deserve harassment either but perhaps there's something to consider BEFORE you open threads like this. If you want some honest and well-meaning advice, edit your original post to clear it of all content, request that a moderator close this thread, and it'll soon be forgotten. There's nothing to gain here.

That is a Edited constructive post :) thanks ! I understand better the way of thinking as you explained it very well ! I edited my post to try to discuss around this !
Your reply is just perfect. no joke :) 

My goal was not to harass a player in particular but to show a kind of player that is really annoying.
I've been playing from 6 years now (and I think you are playing since this time, or maybe more), and I see the game community (in game) becoming an horrible thing. 

Posting this replay with this post is mainly to talk about what can we do when there is player like that and why is there player like that ? 
I mean, I have the feeling that I can't play like I would like anymore. (taking in account the team play of course) :)

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:50 AM.

MeetriX #16 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24173 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

OP, you're not very talkative.

5 post, all in this thread.

Nishi_Kinuyo #17 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9181 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostCTRpunisher, on 04 February 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

That is a Edited   constructive post :) thanks ! I understand better the way of thinking as you explained it very well ! I edited my post to try to discuss around this !

My goal was not to harass a player in particular but to show a kind of player that is really annoying.
I've been playing from 6 years now (and I think you are playing since this time, or maybe more), and I see the game community (in game) becoming an horrible thing. 

Posting this replay with this post is mainly to talk about what can we do when there is player like that and why is there player like that ? 
I mean, I have the feeling that I can't play like I would like anymore. (taking in account the team play of course) :)

So you admit to being toxic, as well as to intentionally trying to name and shame another player? :trollface:

If you want something like this to be discussed on the forum (a quite pointless ordeal I'd say), then you should definitely change your approach.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:51 AM.

CTRpunisher #18 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11670 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 04 February 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

So you admit to being toxic, as well as to intentionally trying to name and shame another player? :trollface:

Hum no ?! may be the first approach was toxic but it was not intentionnal :child: and the name and shame as well ! As I want to talk about a "group", a "kind" of player. That the player in the replay is part. 

Dorander #19 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostCTRpunisher, on 04 February 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

That is a Edited constructive post :) thanks ! I understand better the way of thinking as you explained it very well ! I edited my post to try to discuss around this !

Well kudos for trying to do better, that's a sensible approach to the situation. I would however recommend you still remove the replay link, it's still entirely possible a moderator will do it for you and send you a forum warning in the process. You don't really need the replay, going by your description of the situation my guess is you got pushed out of cover or off an edge by another player. We all know these situations occur as we've all seen them or had them occur to us at some point.

Thing is there's not much to discuss about this, situations like that are an abuse of the physics system and against the rules. The best advice anyone here can give you is: try to control your anger even if it's justified, play a new battle or take a break if you need it, save the replay and send it to customer support for physics abuse. I've not had cause to do it myself but various people here have reported that it is possible to send in a replay to customer support for this reason and they'll judge the situation on a case by case basis. Since they won't tell you what they've decided you can never be 100% sure that anything will happen, but YOU will have taken the only correct steps for this situation.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:52 AM.

CTRpunisher #20 Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11670 battles

Block Quote

my guess is you got pushed out of cover or off an edge by another player. We all know these situations occur as we've all seen them or had them occur to us at some point.

Yes, exactly. It's not the first time it happen to me, and I know it had occur to everyone ! but nothing is done by wargaming :/ 

Block Quote

Thing is there's not much to discuss about this, situations like that are an abuse of the physics system and against the rules.

And, maybe, it's up to the community to propose something to be done. Like a new rule in game, that will be implemented by devs. something that could be detected by in-game information like 'if one tank runs in another one that is static, according to the context and varous element' a flag could be raised and or some other actions. As WG seems to not improve this point, we could prepare the terrain for them. 

Block Quote

try to control your anger even if it's justified

You are right ;) 

Block Quote

Since they won't tell you what they've decided you can never be 100% sure that anything will happen

And as you said, I read a lot about that and nothing is done when you report like that :/ 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users