• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Crasharr #21 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17144 battles
  • [DGAH] DGAH

Edited 

Very inspirational in light of the topic... Must hear!

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:53 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to trolling

malowany #22 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6376 battles
  • [H-O-A] H-O-A
Ugh, this forum is a swamp, and it goes for both OP and people replying here

Crasharr #23 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17144 battles
  • [DGAH] DGAH

View Postmalowany, on 05 February 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:53 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks

MajorSheetStainz #24 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11703 battles
  • [KOSTA] KOSTA

View Postmalowany, on 04 February 2019 - 11:17 PM, said:

My thoughts exactly.

OMG_Abaddon #25 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13954 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 04 February 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

This kind of posts ruin the forum

The forum was ruined years ago after WG made everything possible to drag vitriolic reactions, and has been like that since then. No need to bash a legit question.

@OP: What I do is I stand idle, if enemy pushes me down a cliff and kills me I play the next match. It's a rare event that people push you game after game. Except low tier matches, up until tier 4-5 it's pretty common to see a band of idiots trolling each other for some reason at game start.

What I usually do when I get mad: Stay calm, suicide, start next match. Chances to see trolls every match are slim.

MeetriX #26 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24895 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 05 February 2019 - 01:00 AM, said:

The forum was ruined years ago after WG made everything possible to drag vitriolic reactions, and has been like that since then. No need to bash a legit question.

It wasn't legit in any way when I answered.

malowany #27 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6376 battles
  • [H-O-A] H-O-A

View PostCrasharr, on 05 February 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

Edited

Well you just replied yourself here so I guess you are a part of the irony now.

No, but honestly this forum is one of the worst I ever been a part of, its full of smart Edited like you, people venting frustration like OP, people overeacting like little girls to everything like the ones replying to OP here, stat shamers, stat bragers, WG haters, WG white knights, and poeple insulted by everything including word "Edited" (yeah I remember the grand WOT forum battle over it and it was ridiculous)  it really is one of the most pretensious forums I have seen.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 February 2019 - 11:55 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Dorander #28 Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostCTRpunisher, on 04 February 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Yes, exactly. It's not the first time it happen to me, and I know it had occur to everyone ! but nothing is done by wargaming :/ 

And, maybe, it's up to the community to propose something to be done. Like a new rule in game, that will be implemented by devs. something that could be detected by in-game information like 'if one tank runs in another one that is static, according to the context and varous element' a flag could be raised and or some other actions. As WG seems to not improve this point, we could prepare the terrain for them. 

And as you said, I read a lot about that and nothing is done when you report like that :/ 

The automated team damage system serves to enforce in-game rules regarding such situations. This includes physics as well, for example, if you ram a person off a cliff and they take damage (or even die), you are responsible for that as teamdamage (or teamkill if it comes to that).

The problem is this system is far from perfect. The "guilty" party is by default the tank which had the highest speed at time of impact, regardless of the vectors or commands involved. Incidentally this mechanic is similar to what you described so what you asked for already exists, if somebody rams you at high speed, they are culpable for team damage done. However the system also has a "forgiveness" effect to account for accidents, which can be abused intentionally when people know they'll get away with a little teamdamage. You can also push people out if you have a heavier tank with more powerful engine since this doesn't cause actual ramming damage.

This is why, in cases of physics abuse, the only way to get an accurate adjucation of the matter, is to send the replay to Wargaming. Now I'm aware there's little confidence in any result, this is what happens when a company never shares the outcome of their rules enforcements. There's a reason a lot of real life law is public, law is more effective when it can be seen to work. If nobody can see the effect, people will start to doubt if anything happens at all. However while you can't be sure anything happens at all, you equally can't be sure that nothing happens at all. The fact is we don't know if anything happens, and a lot of people turn that into "I don't see it so it didn't happen". This is compounded by the fact that they're not likely to see the player again, so next time they have a physics abuse issue it's most likely with someone else, so they feel like "nothing is being done against these people", while it's perfectly possible that the previous guy got an appropriate punishment.

However this leads to a self-fulfilling prophecy: if you don't report these players, you're guaranteed to have no effect because they can't be judged even if the system works. So even if you don't believe it does anything, use the report function, and send physics abuse replays to Wargaming. It is the only way anything ever happens. Wargaming has stated for years that for other situations (and even for physics abuse situations) their existing TK system covers the matter (at least to Wargaming's satisfaction).

If you want to try to discuss the matter and come up with new ideas though, feel free to. Threads about the in-game TK system and physics abuse pop up from time to time, and fair warning you're going to get some jaded responses from people who forget that not everyone has been on this forum for years. However if you present your ideas in a reasonable manner, you're likely to also get reasonable responses. Good luck.

Robbie_T #29 Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21016 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Depends accidental push can happen.....And sometimes peeps bump you a little to let it be known you must get out of there...

Like for example i was playing with my tier 10 type 5....going to the heavy corridor(side).......theres a fellow Lt there spotting the enemy heavy tanks....

(would have taken another posistion in my LT on that map but okay atleast he's not camping)

So i arrive with another heavy on the scene....but the Lt refused to move so me or the other heavy can take his spot and actually put some dmg in.....

So me and the other heavy (both stupids) over extend to get some shots in.......ended up me and the other heavy got blasted.......

While if that LT would have moved...we didnt have to make such strange manouvers to get a shot in....

So now if i get in that situation if that LT wont move if i bumped him 3 times im gonna push him out of the way...

But if its a dude that you see in those Claus Kellermann replays....I shoot him.i deal with those jokers on the spot...

And quess what i almost never hit a ally..so i can take some shots at you.....i must hit you 3 times before i get blue....

(one time unloaded my Luchs clip) in a tds his [edited]the whole clip connected............that do get you banned..and that was my only time.

Edited by Robbie_T, 05 February 2019 - 06:12 AM.

Affisia #30 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Veteran
  • 11584 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
This thread has been closed by moderation team due to rule violation in the opening post.
Please avoid non constructive conflicts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users